Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,004 members, 7,970,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 07:38 PM

My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. (745 Views)

Top 10 Shocking Real Life Discoveries And Knowledge Gathered Up From One Thread / Is Poverty The Fault Of The Poor? / Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. by cutebobo(m): 8:09am On Mar 28, 2016
I have always thought that the poor are in better position of making rational decisions because of the hardship they are passing through compare to the rich people who get whatever they want at the tip of there finger but after spending close to 4years in a particular rural area, my orientation about some things concerning the poor people changed and they are as follows;

Run into debt just to celebrate a party: In this hard times Nigerians are going through, you will never imagine that some poor people can purposely run into debt just to celebrate parties like, Burial ceremony, graduation from reading a koran, birthday, weddings. It is common in my area. I do imagine why someone so poor will like to borrow money to celebrate frivolity. Is it a must to party?

Bad manner of raising children: Sometimes ago, it is only rich people I knew to be pampering children but things has changed. This particular people are over protective. If you try to correct their children by little beating, they will shout 'ahhhh he is too young for that ooo', 'shey u won kill ham'. They are destroying such children unknowingly. Have you ever wonder where the street thugs are from, they are children of poor parents who believes that beating a child as correction is bad.

Early marriage as achievement: In my area you see a girl of 12, 12, 13, getting belle and before you count one to three, they are already in the so called husband's house who is probably still being fed by his parent. They like being called 'mama lagbaja, mama that'. They give births to children who they could not take care of thereby adding more to the problems of the country. Now the question is, na by force to have unprotected sex?

Always pessimistic against the rich ones: They believe the rich people does do pure things to make money. A man came to watch TV in my room and fortunately he met me listening to Hip pop songs of (davido, wizkid and so on), the next thing he said was that they are drug dealers, no one can ever get that rich just by music alone. I tried to explain to him but to no avail. Please if someone is not rich, does that make others ritualists or where do these people get their orientation from?

Add yours if your have ever come across them.

3 Likes

Re: My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. by missdebs(f): 8:14am On Mar 28, 2016
they hope on luck or God for one lucky break instead of working smarter. basically a poor man is not one that doesn't have money, its one is that lacks understanding

3 Likes

Re: My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. by seunlayi(m): 8:14am On Mar 28, 2016
You can say anything if you are rich, try to be poor for a month and feel the untold memory

2 Likes

Re: My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. by jeyselassie(m): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2016
cutebobo:
I have always thought that the poor are in better position of making rational decisions because of the hardship they are passing through compare to the rich people who get whatever they want at the tip of there finger but after spending close to 4years in a particular rural area, my orientation about some things concerning the poor people changed and they are as follows;

Run into debt just to celebrate a party: In this hard times Nigerians are going through, you will never imagine that some poor people can purposely run into debt just to celebrate parties like, Burial ceremony, graduation from reading a koran, birthday, weddings. It is common in my area. I do imagine why someone so poor will like to borrow money to celebrate frivolity. Is it a must to party?

Bad manner of raising children: Sometimes ago, it is only rich people I knew to be pampering children but things has changed. This particular people are over protective. If you try to correct their children by little beating, they will shout 'ahhhh he is too young for that ooo', 'shey u won kill ham'. They are destroying such children unknowingly. Have you ever wonder where the street thugs are from, they are children of poor parents who believes that beating a child as correction is bad.

Early marriage as achievement: In my area you see a girl of 12, 12, 13, getting belle and before you count one to three, they are already in the so called husband's house who is probably still being fed by his parent. They like being called 'mama lagbaja, mama that'. They give births to children who they could not take care of thereby adding more to the problems of the country. Now the question is, na by force to have unprotected sex?

Always pessimistic against the rich ones: They believe the rich people does do pure things to make money. A man came to watch TV in my room and fortunately he met me listening to Hip pop songs of (davido, wizkid and so on), the next thing he said was that they are drug dealers, no one can ever get that rich just by music alone. I tried to explain to him but to no avail. Please if someone is not rich, does that make others ritualists or where do these people get their orientation from?

Add yours if your have ever come across them.
u are right on point bro everything u said is correct. I was in such a region too for bout a year and was almost thinking lyk that till I had to bail out.
Re: My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. by johnwizey: 8:50am On Mar 28, 2016
They bliv in selling bread mayb God ft pick their call lyk Olajumoke
Re: My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. by CivilzedTyger(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
You're right my brother. An uncle of mine was trying to construct street roads in my villa, in our grandmas street. Then we started hearing rumours about him being a ritualist and how he made money few years after his father's death #Can you imagine
Re: My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Na true oh..anyway i'v been leaving around them since i was born.. I wonder if they dnt think abt d future. D funny part abt dos girls getting pregnant at underage is while dey ar still learning vocational training dia husband is also learning, both of them are still depend on husband's parent for feeding. I can't say it all anyway.
Re: My Discoveries About The Poor Illiterates. by austine4real(m): 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
Aaaah melo la ni mofe so, oju tiri mewa

(1) (Reply)

Man Seen Backing His Child, Raises Eyebrows In Lagos / Coach Amodu Shaibu is dead / 18 Commandments Of A Good Husband. Men Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.