Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,946 members, 7,966,500 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 03:56 PM

Lionel Messi Reveals Who Has Been The Most Important Manager During His Career - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Reveals Who Has Been The Most Important Manager During His Career (566 Views)

Leonel Messi Reveals What They Did To Win Nigeria Yesterday / Lionel Messi Reveals Why He Didn’t Watch Champions League Final / Usain Bolt Suffers Injury In The Final Race Of His Career, Breaks Down In Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Reveals Who Has Been The Most Important Manager During His Career by Babaneh(m): 11:04am On Mar 28, 2016
It was Frank Rijkaard who gave the teenage Messi his first opportunity in the Barcelona first team and the Argentine has not forgotten that.

"To be honest, all the coaches I've had since I arrived in the Primera Division have taught me something," Messi said in an interview with MBC. 

"But I think the most important in my career was Rikjaard.

"If he had not trusted me and decided not to put me in the first team - at first to train and late to actually play - maybe I wouldn't have made it to the first team at all.

"I have always said that he's a very important person for me, because he had confidence in me, put me in at the right time, picked me to play for the first team and that was very important for me."

Source: sport-english.com.

Re: Lionel Messi Reveals Who Has Been The Most Important Manager During His Career by FriendlyDeji: 11:25am On Mar 28, 2016
Rijkaard is still a very big coach in Barca's history. He was instrumental in reviving and taking the team from ground zero to what it is today- Messi's attribute is a mild confirmation. I love his style, but unfortunately, he left Barca in extra-football related circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Reveals Who Has Been The Most Important Manager During His Career by mackhunter77: 11:56am On Mar 28, 2016
is he retiring?

(1) (Reply)

Barca Crashes Out Of Champions League / Sport Fans Arena! / Just 1.5 Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.