Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,992 members, 7,942,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States (10282 Views)

Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU / Break Down Of September 2016 Allocation To States / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by mildflame: 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
Osun should be COLLAPSE into Oyo state ASAP

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by ZUBY77(m): 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
zimoni:

Welcome back online Boss.

Long time no see. How's bisz and every?

Good.. Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by dragon2(m): 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
So the solution to poor state revenue is the renegotiation of Federal Government allocation? Wow, we need Leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Standing5(m): 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
socialmediaman:
Actually, taxation laws should be reviewed to enhance the revenue generation potentials of states. Some companies should also no longer be exempted from state and LG taxation as this kills IGR of states affected. The newly proposed Federal communication tax of 11% should be reduced to about 6% so that state and LG tax could be added to the communication tax to average it around 17 or 18%. Only then can states see the prospects of developing their states for investors to come in... In the US for instance, the Federal wireless communication tax is about 5.8% while State-Local tax is about 11.2%. This makes the states earn money for wireless communication business activated or used within their jurisdiction.
Do you think you are making sense. Instead of the govt to act responsibly you are here clamouring for them to squeeze the telcos. What happened to the billion of excess crude money they collected?
Any state that thinks taxing telcos who av been sustained by federal laws and regulation so far is the way to go should av a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by ipromise: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
During elections voters collected 2cups of rice and 1k, forgetting that one (1) vote from them gives those politicians 4yrs rule to enrich themselves.....I don't pity now adays electorates..

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by BeardedMeat(m): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
He used 70% of it to pay off contractors (Tinubu's Companies) while the remaining meant for salries of poor civil servants were fix-deposited in a bank for 3monts before using it to pay workers in the state. The man is wicked unrepentant.
TippyTop:
The ediot is looking for more money to waste, what did he do with the ones he got before?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by BeardedMeat(m): 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
mildflame:
Osun should be COLLAPSE into Oyo state ASAP
No need! Its already up for sale at OLX.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by phemmie06(m): 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Increase allocation. Hmmmmmmmm. More money to be looted and complete the airport
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
So there is no buyer yet for osun state even after been put up for sale by someone at OLX?

This is the reason why all these parasites abhors the practice of true federalism.

A governor that can not create wealth for his state is worthless.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by gurunlocker: 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
I remember how this man was insulting GEJ last year,but now his boss bubu that is worst, he can't utter any word... such a coward.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by ogene70: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
True federalism would have brought about regional competitiveness but some morons refused resource control thinking it was only beneficial to the Niger Delta region. At least one or more regions would have discovered something worthwhile to sustain the country. until we treat every region with fairness and justice we will keep going in circles.
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Terror666(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
My friends do call me OGBENI plzzzz What's d meaning
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by naija247: 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
So state governments should not find ways of generating revenue. Most governors in Nigeria are useless they have no clue on how to run a state.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by davidthe16th: 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
The FG should send them MTN recharge card, I guess that should do.

Imao
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by mildflame: 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
BeardedMeat:
No need! Its already up for sale at OLX.

SERIOUS he don reach dat level?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Osazuwaakonedo(m): 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
MARCH 28:THE DAY, JOURNALISTS FAILED NIGERIANS

I hereby as a communication student tendered unreserved apology to Nigerians for the betrayal of public trust on information management entrusted on journalists.

We failed you. We fail to make you have access to the right and unbiased reports or information that could have made you take a rightful decision on the presidential election that right now, our actions seem to be a clog in the wheel of the nation's progress.

We made you kick against good for bad. From better to worst.

We made you kick against transparency for conspiracy.
From openness to eventually everything even employment in secrecy.

We made you kick against corruption fighter for corruption feeder.

We made you kick against a manageable fuel scarcity regime for unmanageable or direction less unabated fuel scarcity regime. From vehicular queues to generator queues. From black markets to black filling or fuel stations.

We made you kick against improving electric power supply for increasing electric power outage. From light to darkness.

We made you kick against dream builder for dream destroyer. From the removal of the less privilege street beggars to school to the return of privileged school children to street begging.

We made you kick against wealth creator for wealth destroyer. From encouragement in businesses to discouragement in trade.

We made you kick against the dragging and improving security situation in the North-East for worsening and increasing insecurity situation to almost every corner of the Nigeria life. From semi peace to seemingly semi war.

We made you kick against decreasing electoral violence or killing for increasing and seemingly unabated blood tasting or bloodletting or war like electoral violence. From peaceful elections to deadly electoral processes.

We made you kick against the purchase of foodstuffs at affordable rate by many for increasing unaffordable rates for several scores of people. From stable and decreasing cost of commodities to unstable and increasing cost of living. From right to life to right to death.

Once again we are sorry for the poor management of public information as we regret the untold hardship it may have caused you.

Forgive us as you continue to pray for God to imbued in us the spirit of fearlessness and in-favouritism
as needed to do our work effectively as communication students either practicing in the media as journalist or in any organisation performing any communication function.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by eyeview: 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
zimoni:
For where? This clown will never cease to annoy us. I dey laugh.

The Most Brainless

The Most Useless

The Most Clueless

The Most Indebted

The Most Wasteful

...............Governor In The History Of State Of Osun / Osun State.

This Clown Doesn't Have Any Business Being In Governance.

Omisore, though a Crook, would have done Better.

When there was sufficient allocation from Abuja, The Clown Said "I Don't Need Federal Allocation To Pay Salaries". How Time Flies.

When banks stopped giving loans to the Saboteur, he said "I Can't Pay Salaries Anymore Because Banks Have Stopped Giving Me Loans".

This Dude Is Clueless Than Mr Bean. Yeah, not GEJ. Jonathan is a Prof when compared with AregbeUseless. Aregbe is Totally Useless.

Olori Boobo Ti N Bo Mo'gbo should clear the debt(about 140Bn) before he hands over ooooo. I pity the next governor of State of Osun or Osun State.

I Just Dey Laugh.

If I were Aregbesola,I'll just wake up one night,wake my wife,park our things quietly and run away secretly from Osun state,leaving this gbese for the deputy and others to worry about.
The Onigbese1 of Nigeria!
And the deputy on realizing what the Onigbese has done,should just wait for the next night to wake my own wife,park our things and run away too.
As for Osun state,if I am sleeping in my home and they come and beg me to become the next governor of the state,I will decline having my name mentioned anywhere near that mess. If they violently insist,I will promise them response the next day. At night,I too will wake up my wife,park our things and run away.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by shara123(m): 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
After mortgaging the entire osun state finances for yrs, u av been paying half salary since july, 2015, paying off the just dissolved local govt caretakers in millions, and now u ar still looking for more money.
This man is very heartless, never cares what happens to osun state workers. God will judge u

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by agabusta: 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
socialmediaman:
Actually, taxation laws should be reviewed to enhance the revenue generation potentials of states. Some companies should also no longer be exempted from state and LG taxation as this kills IGR of states affected. The newly proposed Federal communication tax of 11% should be reduced to about 6% so that state and LG tax could be added to the communication tax to average it around 17 or 18%. Only then can states see the prospects of developing their states for investors to come in... In the US for instance, the Federal wireless communication tax is about 5.8% while State-Local tax is about 11.2%. This makes the states earn money for wireless communication business activated or used within their jurisdiction.

States also earn in Nigeria through tenement charges to the Telcos. The Local govts also tax the Telcos thru different envt levies.

Infact, Telcos are currently being overtaxed from multiple sources.
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by socialmediaman: 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
Standing5:
Do you think you are making sense. Instead of the govt to act responsibly you are here clamouring for them to squeeze the telcos. What happened to the billion of excess crude money they collected?
Any state that thinks taxing telcos who av been sustained by federal laws and regulation so far is the way to go should av a rethink.

Tax is inevitable throughout the world, companies have to be taxed for government to provide services, Nigeria can't move forward without reviewing its tax policies. Oil is not a sustainable only source of revenue anymore so taxation laws should be reviewed in my opinion...
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Irishrena1(f): 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
So na only him wan dey collect federal government money? That his drum jazz has failed already

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Irishrena1(f): 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
So na only him wan dey collect federal government money?
That his drum jazz has failed already
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Standing5(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
socialmediaman:

Tax is inevitable throughout the world, companies have to be taxed for government to provide services, Nigeria can't move forward without reviewing its tax policies. Oil is not a sustainable only source of revenue anymore so taxation laws should be reviewed in my opinion...
Tax throughout the world is commesurate with what the govt provides her people. How do you approach a company that provides her own water, electricity, maintains her vehicle more often due to bad roads etc and tell them to pay you same tax that's being paid in other countries where these services are available? Pls answer me.

Aregbesola is trying to pay workers whose effort doesn't generate or support the economic system.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by socialmediaman: 8:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
Standing5:
Tax throughout the world is commesurate with what the govt provides her people. How do you approach a company that provides her own water, electricity, maintains her vehicle more often due to bad roads etc and tell them to pay you same tax that's being paid in other countries where these services are available? Pls answer me.

Aregbesola is trying to pay workers whose effort doesn't generate or support the economic system.

tax is paid after gross profit, right? Which means your expenses were deducted, including losses from previous cycle etc... Tax is really an inevitable for government to function, I know government has been irresponsible but if people start paying taxes, trust me they'll become more intolerant to government's excesses and start being more active in politics and governance
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Standing5(m): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
socialmediaman:

tax is paid after gross profit, right? Which means your expenses were deducted, including losses from previous cycle etc... Tax is really an inevitable for government to function, I know government has been irresponsible but if people start paying taxes, trust me they'll become more intolerant to government's excesses and start being more active in politics and governance
Yes tax is paid after profits, but then if companies aren't getting profits like their foreign counterparts then whats the excuse for the then not to relocate or for foreign investors to come in.
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by ednut1(m): 6:43am On Mar 29, 2016
ZUBY77:

I am wondering why he should be arrested.
I am not from Osun but since you run a federal system that control everything from Abuja, you have to be taking care of everything else.

It's only in communist countries that the kind of things we practice here exist, yet we aim to be in democracy.
Let each state manage themselves and see how fast they will grow because if you don't want to develop your place, no one will.

arrested for financial crimes and misappropriation. this man took loans nd bonds worth billions with nothing to show for it. he got 6m naira after d deductions. how will dat pay workers or fund any project ehn
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by nigerianvenom(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2016
Melancholy:
Look at this ogbeni ke?! At this juncture, I say well done to PMB for this unprecedented policy; a pragmatic one that is, for not been beclouded by party politics in accrueing every states what they deserved cos under GEJ with no respecter of what u produce or not, how indebted a state can be, as long as u are under the umbrella, no hassle plunging them into quagmire hindering economic progress when world bank is a no go area they resort to the central being cognizance that vast majority of these governors are not innovative. They refusal of fed govt supervising limit to external and internal borrowings, after several economic advise that aregbe and his colleagues should cap their borrowings to earnings they wouldnt listen. Cry me a river!

U are a fooool.
Was it GEJ that gave rauf a bail out fund?
Was it not GEJ government that adviced that swf be saved for rainy days? What did the then governors under d rulership of amaechi did. Didn't the take the fg to court? Some of u sounds stupidd at times.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by socialmediaman: 11:10am On Mar 29, 2016
Standing5:
Yes tax is paid after profits, but then if companies aren't getting profits like their foreign counterparts then whats the excuse for the then not to relocate or for foreign investors to come in.

Companies are making profits, trust me. Nigerians are patronizing these companies in the hundreds of millions but rather than these funds go back into circulation in the form of taxes and be used to create employment, it stays back in the hands of the individuals and a few people who use it to suppress the voices of the rest... Take our oil marketers and petrol dealers for instance.. They make so much money that they can bribe government officials to keep the status quo and keep Nigerians buying petrol instead of having electricity.
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Standing5(m): 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
socialmediaman:

Companies are making profits, trust me. Nigerians are patronizing these companies in the hundreds of millions but rather than these funds go back into circulation in the form of taxes and be used to create employment, it stays back in the hands of the individuals and a few people who use it to suppress the voices of the rest... Take our oil marketers and petrol dealers for instance.. They make so much money that they can bribe government officials to keep the status quo and keep Nigerians buying petrol instead of having electricity.
in developed nations, India for example, the generate solar electricity for as low as N20/kwh(@N320/$) while the best deisel gen or plants, which is the most efficient option, of less than 500kva can give is N80/kwh. Please explain how the companies are suppose to pay more tax after incurring higher running cost and getting less profits?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by socialmediaman: 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
Standing5:
in developed nations, India for example, the generate solar electricity for as low as N20/kwh(@N320/$) while the best deisel gen or plants, which is the most efficient option, of less than 500kva can give is N80/kwh. Please explain how the companies are suppose to pay more tax after incurring higher running cost and getting less profits?

From your analogy, it is cheaper to do business in India than Nigeria, but note also that corporate tax rate is lower in Nigeria (30%) than India (33%), plus being an evolving economy, Nigeria is seen as a place with much potentials of reaping high investment profits within a short period of time... Especially with the absence of credit facilities that could encourage stiff competition among investors... (which is government's fault anyway)
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Standing5(m): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
socialmediaman:

From your analogy, it is cheaper to do business in India than Nigeria, but note also that corporate tax rate is lower in Nigeria (30%) than India (33%), plus being an evolving economy, Nigeria is seen as a place with much potentials of reaping high investment profits within a short period of time... Especially with the absence of credit facilities that could encourage stiff competition among investors... (which is government's fault anyway)
Stop telling lies. Where did i say it is easier to do biz in india? Give up ur argument supporting more tax. Investors are force to do so much on their own. The govt should take loans and provide amenities first, it doesn't have to be the masses who make unfair sacrifices
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by socialmediaman: 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
Standing5:
Stop telling lies. Where did i say it is easier to do biz in india? Give up ur argument supporting more tax. Investors are force to do so much on their own. The govt should take loans and provide amenities first, it doesn't have to be the masses who make unfair sacrifices

Which I also agree, but borrowing loans comes with the distrust of the public and the National Assembly will hardly grant such, bearing in mind the $1 billion given to GEJ to fight insurgency and where it ended up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels TV Today (Video) / Paris Club Refund: Strike, Protests Loom In States Over Unpaid Salary Arrears / Sanwo-Olu: APC Governors Are Solidly Behind Bola Tinubu And Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.