Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,183 members, 7,933,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 02:29 PM

#istandwithkachikwu... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #istandwithkachikwu... (298 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#istandwithkachikwu... by baridamben(m): 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
Stay focused in life and pay no mind to the ramblings of haters as long as you're doing good in the interest of the people. I read Ibe Kachikwu's press briefing where he said he was not trained to be a magician, and the hullabaloo that has surrounded it is just typical Nigerian, with our hypocrisy and pettiness, focusing more on trivialities than what really matters. What did Kachikwu say?
That, within a short period of time, the NNPC has moved from a 50% importer of petroleum products to a 100% importer, and within the time of this transition, there has been a bit of gap in supply which has resulted in scarcity. That his plan within the next two months is to import as much as possible and have for Nigeria a reserve so that in the future, whenever we have supply gaps, we would not feel the impact. This would bring a sustainable solution to the issue of fuel scarcity. Kachikwu said he's working very hard, but does not have the magic wand to make it just go away overnight. What exactly is wrong with that statement?
Ok, Nigerians are suffering under the sun in long queues and deserve to be spoken to with a bit of tact... But who in this country does not know that the reforms in the NNPC will attract a fightback from the dark forces within that organisation? If the NNPC now imports fuel 100%, it infers that they've done away with all the corrupt importers who use to hold us hostage, which also means that they've just attracted for themselves more powerful enemies who would do anything to sabotage the system. What we should then do as a people is to be supportive of Kachikwu, show understanding with him, and encourage him to do more. The man has brought more reforms to the NNPC in his few months in office than any other NNPC chairman that we've had in the past. He's not a typical politician who like to politicise issues, he's rather a technocrat who says things as they are. The call, therefore, for his resignation by some Nigerians is not only uncharitable but equally just pathetic.
As for Tinubu, as the national leader of the ruling party, I'm sure he's in a position where Kachikwu would've listened to him if he'd called him up to offer advise. It is however unfortunate that he, his wife and daughter have been very vocal in their criticism of this government, each time, over trivial issues, and I'm inclined to think that they're only doing so because they're not getting their way.
Nigerians should therefore be wary of any strange show of love from anyone, whether in the APC or PDP, over any critical national issue. We should also be happy that we have a president who is not being controlled by anyone. Like I said before, this is the first time that I have complete faith in the presidency. Criticism is good, it will help to push the leaders to be on their toes, but not all criticism is done in the interest of the people, even though they may appear to be so.

(1) (Reply)

Nourish And Cherish Each Other! / Advantage Of Fuel Scarcity / Agence Seo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.