Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,703 members, 7,889,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi (686 Views)

‘I Got On Stage Without Having My Bath In Denmark – Paul Okoye Narrates How A Ca / Naira Marley, Falz, Olamide, Simi, Lil Kesh And Slimcase – Naija Issagoal (remix / Simi – "Complete Me" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by JoelNkantaBlog: 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fast rising singer and songwriter, Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye, popularly known as Simi, wrote her very first tune at the age of 10. She started singing and dancing in her early teens as a member of the teenage church choir. The songstress whose songs include ‘Jamb Question’ and ‘Open and Close’, recently dropped yet another hit single titled ‘ Love don’t care’ In this interview, the award winning graduate of Mass communication signed to X3M music talks about her musical journey, plans for the year and life generally. Excerpts:[/i]

How have you fared since you delved into the Nigerian music scene?
It has been fabulous so far. Although the journey has not been easy but with persistence for the career I have a passion for, it has improved. This year 2016, February precisely, I released a single, ‘Love don’t care’ which has made the top ten in the Nigerian music chart for a couple of weeks now and is currently enjoying massive airplay on radio. I have also shot the video for the single ‘Soldier’ with Falz which is expected to be out soon. So, I can say my career is very promising.

Do you write your songs, and how are you able to put the lyrics together? [i]

Of course, I write my lyrics myself and for other people. I am not just a singer, but also a songwriter and I mix and master most of my songs myself. My songs have to do with how I feel. How deep I go is dependent on what I am trying to say. If I sing a song on heartbreak, and if it is personal, I might probably go too deep. But my songs are inspired by people’s experiences in life and what I see around me. Most of my songs may not necessarily be attached to my personal experience. I just write songs to inspire others. I am not pretentious, but a simple and realistic person.

So what keeps you going?[/i]
I have an amazing management team. They make sure at all times, I’m on the right path.

Does your management team in anyway influence the choice of song you write?[i]

Not at all, I don’t know how it is done in other labels but here, I am at liberty to write my songs at any time and inscribe my own title to it.

Will you say you are currently enjoying your celebrity status?[/i]
Well this is the real me. I can still stop by and buy roasted plantain by the road side. I don’t feel uncomfortable, I am not blown away by fame because that is not what excites me in the game. What excites me is the music. I am happy about my celebrity status only because more people know my music and want to relate with it.

Describe your genre of music.[i]

My kind of music is Afro Pop/RNB but mostly Afro-soul.

When should your fans be expecting your album?
[/i]
Definitely this year, as all hands are currently on deck towards the successful outcome of the album. I won’t be disclosing the number of tracks and title for now, as we are still working on that but my fans should be rest assured that the album will drop this year, all things being equal.

What keeps you going?[i]

My passion – because the only reason why I am doing music is because my attention span can be very short, but one thing that keeps me more focused is music. Music is that one thing I really want to learn about and the passion I have for the art of music pushes me on and keeps me going.

As a graduate of Mass Communication, do you see yourself going into the media and writing?[/i]
I actually have a blog, although I have not been very loyal to it. I love writing, if I wasn’t into music full-time, I would probably be either a writer or an O.A.P. Writing is a part of me.

What was growing up like?[i]

I was a kind of a tomboy while growing up (laughs) because I had three elder brothers and from my mum. I was the only girl and last born. So I used to like sneakers, baggy jeans etc. My dad spoilt my brothers and I, but it was fun. When I was nine years, my parents separated and so that was really a tough time for us, because we had to grow up faster. We came through it and we are okay.

Your songs revolve around love, why? [i][/i]
It is because love sells. When you talk about love, it encompasses so many things. Not women or sex alone, but (Click on the link below to read more)
<[url: http://www.primeviewsng.com]>

Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by vickyfrancis1(m): 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Beautifu lady...but much more without make up... Ask FALS D BAHD GUY
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
I admire u girl wink cheesy
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by KingRex1(m): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
HateU2:
I admire u girl wink cheesy
Yeah, nd thers somthing bou her name i like so much
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by Smellymouth: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
My favorite songstress ATM
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by kachi19: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] I'd like to say I'm in love with this gal o bt I comment my reserve
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
KingRex1:
Yeah, nd thers somthing bou her name i like so much
smiley cheesy
How's d celebration over there?
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by KingRex1(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
HateU2:
smiley cheesy
How's d celebration over there?
Nothin mach, Patiently waitin for sunset. Hows i.b?
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by Vision4God: 4:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
Happy Easter to d house
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
KingRex1:
Nothin mach, Patiently waitin for sunset. Hows i.b?
was suppose to be fun but my mood kinda changed cry. Mood swings tins so I'm just kind of not in d mood to hang out. Just chatting tins
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
God pick up my calls pls
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by KingRex1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
HateU2:
was suppose to be fun but my mood kinda changed cry. Mood swings tins so I'm just kind of not in d mood to hang out. Just chatting tins
Pele. Abeg weather too hot for hangout.

Dnt mind takin u out tho
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
KingRex1:
Pele. Abeg weather too hot for hangout.

Dnt mind takin u out tho
owwwww
Tanks
Re: My Most Annoying Routine Is Taking My Bath – Simi by Tobyshegz(m): 10:11am On Mar 29, 2016
..and they are always from the choir!!!!

..wetin pursue dem comot from church??.. May Da' blood of bros J. cleanse you from your over-flowing trespasses!,

(1) (Reply)

MUSIC: Fetty Wap - Oh (NEW SONG) / Download Olumix Ft LKT & Small Doctor - Soupe Dance.mp4 Video At Www.jamkit.ga / New Video: 2baba - Oya Come Make We Go [official Video] Ft. Sauti Sol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.