Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,740 members, 7,915,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:42 PM

Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel (675 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / A Typical Result In University Of Uyo, Nigeria / Life Of A Typical Nigerian Medical Student From Birth To Graduation In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel by shogat(m): 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
You will agree with me that, if you didn’t stay in the hostel for at least a semester then you greatly missed out and I will advise you return back to have that “special experience”.

There is nothing you can compare with an hostel life, especially in a Nigerian setting. You meet with different types of characters, individuals and personalities. Haven spent most of my days in High school and College in the hostel, I came across some of these individuals which are listed below:

1. The Analyst/Jesters:
This set of people can analyse for a whole day; they analyse what happened in the school, lectures, how the girls dressed and walked into the classroom. They argue and talk about football, music, movies thereby causing noise pollution and chaos in the room. They tend to end their arguments, discussion with a quarrel.

2. The Elders:
Try to make your point known in the room then “Uncle” will let you know how old he is, how many jamb he wrote before getting admitted and how you are age mate with their last born at home. They usually get nicked “bros”, “uncle”, “elder” in the room.

3. The “Beggy-beggy”:
They can beg for everything; beg for tooth paste, detergent, food stuff and money. Their looks and begging tone only sef will make you pity them and they take you as an enemy when you turn them down.

4. The Squatters:
The squatters will always be looking for the opportunity to use any vacant bed, chair in the room. In some rooms, the squatters are relegated to sweeping of the room and fetching of water while if you are not careful, some will end up turning to a boss.

5. The Thieves:
Any room that has a thief is into a big trouble, you will always be in the security unit writing statements and you will also buy things you didn’t steal. Nothing is safe with them in the room, be it boxer, phones, pen, money.

6. The Lazy ones:
They are lazy to do almost everything. They find it difficult to wash their clothes, attend lectures, copy notes and study. They spend most of their time sleeping.

7. The Fake ones:
They tell people their clothes are designers, live in Banana Island and how the big girls in school are asking them out. If you’re not careful with them, you might end up dropping a suicide note and jumping down from the last floor due to their “sweet mouth”.

8. The Gurus:
I always covet them in the room; some you even hardly see because they are always in the class and those in the room can read 10-hours straight without standing up. They make other room members look like they’re not in school or serious.

9. The Introverts:
They hardly associate with others or contribute to any discussion. They are mostly students that crave for privacy but have forgotten they are in the hostel where that is not allowed.

10. The Friendly:
I fall into this category; we are the “go to guys” in time of troubles, needs; we relate with the aforementioned and we have no qualms doing that and always a reference point to good behaviour.

Add yours

© shogat
Re: Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel by Omofairy(f): 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
# the runway models; always in front of the hall mirror dressing their hair, doing their make-up, bending, turning, just omini-present
Re: Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel by xender(m): 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
so op of everything thing you listed u gave yasef 10 undecided

common are you not 6 category so cheesy tongue
Re: Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel by shogat(m): 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
xender:
so op of everything thing you listed u gave yasef 10 undecided

common are you not 6 category so cheesy tongue
lol...I must admit I have an iota of. laziness in me...what category do u fall?
Re: Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel by shogat(m): 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Omofairy:
# the runway models; always in front of the hall mirror dressing their hair, doing their make-up, bending, turning, just omini-present
gbam
Re: Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel by babyfaceafrica: 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
K
Re: Categories Of People You Will Meet In A Typical Nigerian Hostel by barnacle: 1:35am On Mar 29, 2016
jj

(1) (Reply)

OOU Post-UTME/DE 2016 is out / Mapoly Aspirant Thread 2016-2017 Academic Session / Ijmb? All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.