Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,376 members, 7,940,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:01 AM

Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning (2811 Views)

INTERPOL, Court Issue Fresh Warrants For Maina’s Arrest / Wike, Okorocha, Other State Governors Welcoming President Buhari (see Photos) / Never Released Photos Of President Buhari (See Below) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by optionB: 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pro-Biafra protesters are set to resume their nationwide protests.

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) have threatened President Muhammadu Buhari, stating that they will resume their nationwide protests.

According to a statement issued by its media and publicity head, Emma Powerful, the group said it had endured enough waiting for the federal government to release its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, who was arrested in 2015.

This Day reports that the separatists would reignite the wave of protests in the south-east and parts of south-south zones.

READ ALSO: Biafra: Buhari must realize it makes better sense to talk than to shoot

The statement reads in part: “We have endured, we will start the protest that will bring the government to its knees.”

The group added also, that the protest was earlier called off so as “not out of cowardice and fear but to show maturity and professionalism in what we are doing and to allow federal government to release our leader, Kanu unconditionally.”

Powerful noted that it gave the federal government the opportunity to take a decision and “release the man who did not commit any crime” with its recent break from protests, but they remained adamant.

“We know they will kill us as they used to do before now but in the end we will be free.” He called on, “Biafrans to be ready for what is to come,” the statement read further.

The IPOB media and publicity head expressed their excitement with the pro-Biafra protests going on around the world which is still in progress, adding that “we in Biafraland will not stop until our leader is released unconditionally.”

He also said those who advised President Buhari against the freedom for the IPOB leader are waiting to laugh over his downfall.

Only yesterday, the ex-governor of Anambra state, Peter Obi, said that most of the injustices and marginalization alleged to have been meted on Ndigbo in Nigeria were self-inflicted.

Obi made the disclosure in Awka, the Anambra state Capital during the grand reunion of Osisiona Foundation founded by Dr Chike Obidigbo, former All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), gubernatorial aspirant in the state.

He (Obi) said that Igbos chose to be spectators than getting into the mainstream of seat of power, where the national cake is being shared, declaring that if one was not where the cake is being shared nobody will remember you.

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by Topestbilly(m): 9:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
Booked...
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by psucc(m): 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
If the IPOB needs talking, Buhari can sent Lai Mohammed.

There they will understand that even the barrels of guns speak better things than the present government.

1 Like

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by BlackTechnology: 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
Now that the international community is quizzing Buhari's government on human rights abuse, IPOB should intensify their protests.

ICC watching the Cattleman of Daura.

13 Likes

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by IamAtribalist: 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
cool STOP all these noise-making - you are embarrassing the sensible Igbos. cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by nasiest(m): 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Oya Nigerian army load them bullets n fire.thats the last order.

1 Like

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by lordcornel(m): 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Make them go rest jooor... We are one n won't split.. I hope for peace and one brotherhood
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by xelly: 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
IamAtribalist:
cool STOP all these noise-making - you are embarrassing the sensible Igbos. cool

There's no sense in what you just said. The only person not making sense in this topic is the FG. We can't continue like this

4 Likes

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by IamAtribalist: 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
months:

Sensible Yoruba, we don here, but the sun must rise come tomorrow morning.

cool You these ipads. Anyone that disagree with you is Yoruba. When u na go get sense?! shocked cool

3 Likes

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by IamAtribalist: 10:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ooni:
when i came into this thread, i knew i'd find a yoruba who would disgrace me. Dont we ever think about ourselves. Is this the legacy of our patriach oodua? No! He never founded an ass licking yoruba nation. Even though he cowardly fled from benin, he managed to set up a seperate kingdom for us his very dark decendants and gave us tiger -claws tribal marks as identity. Pls let us not make ibos important as if we re inferior. or re we inferior?
Let us leave ibos alone and stop following them like flies. Other nigerians are watching.

I stand for yoruba renaissance

cool You these ipads. Anyone that disagree with you is Yoruba. When u na go get sense?! shocked cool

5 Likes

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by Ooni: 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
IamAtribalist:

i know u will call me 'ipad' if u like deny me i'll continue telling my kinsmen the truth

5 Likes

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by Ozid(m): 10:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Why are these guys playing with their lives. I just pray they realize what they are doing before it is too late.
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by Ozid(m): 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
08xtr09r:

Do you mean that self-determination is about 'playing' with life?

You may then need to consider enrolling in a citadel of learning...
Am not against Self-determination or whatever you call it. But the record shows that Biafra is dead and maybe precisely buried. Let's not drag issues to long pls it is better we let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
watered:
You can kill Biafrans but you can't kill the idealogy.
Then you go carry the ideology to your grave.
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by IamAtribalist: 11:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ooni:
i know u will call me 'ipad' if u like deny me i'll continue telling my kinsmen the truth

cool warisdis one saying? shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by theDEVILisHERE: 6:48am On Mar 29, 2016
nasiest:
Oya Nigerian army load them bullets n fire.thats the last order.

Hope they are ready to also be shot too
cause things like this eventually gets to such situations
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by babyfaceafrica: 7:02am On Mar 29, 2016
This is super story
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by Sctests: 7:28am On Mar 29, 2016
#ICCforBuhari
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by drey076(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2016
No time to read there empty threat Mtcheeew
Re: Biafrans Issue Fresh Treat To President Buhari, See What They Are Planning by kuuljay(m): 11:10am On Mar 29, 2016
Recall all your politicians and business men back home have a conference and declare a secession that way Nigeria and the world will take you seriously, stop endangering the lives of your gullible youth,soldiers are not trained to pet protesters, besides this is a zoo like you always say,and you don't expect civility in a zoo!!! Shikena!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad / Ondo People Are Bastards, Betrayals They Defrauded Me - APC Guber Candidate / Names Of Those Newly Appointed As Managers In NNPC (august 2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.