Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,935 members, 7,938,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua (6567 Views)

Fashola Tells Lagosians Goodbye(see TWEET) / INEC Releases Presidential Results From 10 LGs In Ogun State / Lagos Can’t Vote For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 28, 2009
na wa for that country called Nigeria ooo, why can't they just disintegrate peacefully,,,,it's sick when a dull fellow from the North rules over the elite south, angry
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by desgiezd(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2009
dedeike:

There is no amount of grammar or the sloganneering of Eko oni baje ooo that will wish away the express provisions of section 8(3)(5)(6) of 1999 constitution which requires the national assembly to enact a constitutional amendment Act  making consequential provisions for the names and headquarters of the new LGAs in part 1 and II of the first schedule to the 1999 constitution. The earlier Fashola comes to terms with this fact, the better for Lagosians.

What is clear is that the matter will end in Supreme Court again and we shall all see how Yar Adua will get himself rubbished!!
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by faoni572(m): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2009
@yang and all other people that say LASG is wrong. Pls tell Yaradua that whether LASG is wrong or not Yaradua should address pressing issues first, electricity is that, ASUU strike is there, corruption is there, ND problems are there and so many other things. After addressing these issues the he can come and battle Lagos state. He has not even done one from his 7-point agenda
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by faoni572(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2009
How I wish that Yaradua sick head is reading this thread.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by desgiezd(m): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2009
dedeike:

There is no amount of grammar or the sloganneering of Eko oni baje ooo that will wish away the express provisions of section 8(3)(5)(6) of 1999 constitution which requires the national assembly to enact a constitutional amendment Act making consequential provisions for the names and headquarters of the new LGAs in part 1 and II of the first schedule to the 1999 constitution. The earlier Fashola comes to terms with this fact, the better for Lagosians.

What is clear is that the matter will end in Supreme Court again and we shall all see how Yar Adua will get himself rubbished!!
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Gbawe: 11:29am On Jul 28, 2009
desgiezd:

Indeed !!! Yar Adua's desperate efforts to undermine Fashola will end in tears !!! Some folks I have spoken to reckon that the PDP desperately wants to capture Lagos for the sole purpose of getting rid of a man who is making Yar Adua and his PDP Governors (Alao Akala, oath-taking Gbenga daniel , et al)  look like clueless buffoons !!!

Very difficult  for anyone , especially  inept PDP thieves , to watch as one's inadequacies and gross incompetence are brutally exposed to the World by others who are born to do what they are doing.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by yommyuk: 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2009
My thoughts concerning Yaradua,

What is his hidden motive?
Now we have a politican in Fashola who seems to be know what he is doing.
This guy is trying to develop Lagos state after decades of total neglect.
This is typical about the politics in Nigeria.
whenever someone tries to improve things be it Local, State or Federal. These enemies of progress will try and put a stumbling block b4 such individual or Agency. These enemy I see in Yaradua with his 7 point agenda.
1. To increase nigerias foreign debt
2. destablish the Southern political structure.
3. Empowered the Northern Polictical Elites by giving them key post
4. Develop Abuja  with Oil revenue and chase the south out by violence and make Lagos a state of past glory.
5. Islamized Nigeria
6. destroy the Education system.
7. Create a One party system where the Northerns will rule nigeria forever.

GOD HELPS ALL!!! embarassed
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by igbogolo: 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2009
Guys, the issue here is that if Lagos suceeds to have the LGDA's ratified by the national assembly, the state can have the legal right to ask for more funds from the centre. this is a precedent that if not checked will lead to the scramble to have LGA's by other states in the country so as to increase revenue generation. this is the issue.
so all the hot air that yaradua is blowing is because of this and even because he has been in an open romance with obasanjo(aka lagos hater) in the recent past.
of course solutions lies with the states negotiating with the FG FIRST before creating the LGDA's. this will reduce the tension.
Again, its not the FG's purview to create LGA,s. the FG can only create states. so the FG cannot even create LGA's which is the purview of the state house of assembly.
there lies the paradox.

however we all know fashola has lagos in his heart and we are assured that the funds will be used for meaningful development.
the FG has failed on all corners. its a shame indeed!
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by yommyuk: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2009
absolutely.

The FG are just trying use the tools of govt as a front to block this aim.
Shame on them all.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
yommyuk:

My thoughts concerning Yaradua,

What is his hidden motive?
Now we have a politican in Fashola who seems to be know what he is doing.
This guy is trying to develop Lagos state after decades of total neglect.
This is typical about the politics in Nigeria.
whenever someone tries to improve things be it Local, State or Federal. These enemies of progress will try and put a stumbling block b4 such individual or Agency. These enemy I see in Yaradua with his 7 point agenda.
1. To increase nigerias foreign debt
2. destablish the Southern political structure.
3. Empowered the Northern Polictical Elites by giving them key post
4. Develop Abuja with Oil revenue and chase the south out by violence and make Lagos a state of past glory.
5. Islamized Nigeria
6. destroy the Education system.
7. Create a One party system where the Northerns will rule nigeria forever.

Brov, that is a frightening prognosis. I wished I could take a bet against you, but events happening supports you.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Witi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2009
This our President Musa is a slowpoke I thought he is having enough on his mind (Niger-Delta, ASUU-NASU Strike, HEALTH Sector Problems and so on) than a non-issue like this because as far as am concerned Lagos-State is the most developed and one of the most peaceful state in Nigeria. The letter is not from Musa himself I believe is from individuals that felt Fashola and AC's Performance will expose their non-performance. Musa as a puppet must deliver his masters message anyway and am sure that they will fail again cos they have failed once.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by naijatoday: 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2009
To those saying Yar"Adua is fine, my only question is: What make LCDA's created by Kastina (by Yar'Adua), Yobe, Nassarwa, etc different from the LCDA's created by Lagos State?
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by youngies(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2009
To those saying Yar"Adua is fine, my only question is: What make LCDA's created by Kastina (by Yar'Adua), Yobe, Nassarwa, etc different from the LCDA's created by Lagos State?

Do you really expect them to honestly answer this question?

Fashola has succeed in making Nigerians believe that things can really work in this country if we are allowed to choose the right leaders.

The devilish, wasteful UMY lead PDP government can only wish that Fash is like 'em, but he is not.

My prayer is for this saga to escalate and snow ball, it maybe the opportunity we all have been waiting for to put things right once and for all in this country
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Apelles: 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2009
The Lagos State govt had made it clear that their LGA allocation does not have to be increased. So the fiscal argument by the FG is iirelevant.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2009
It is the obvious, Enemies of progress!!! that's the reason why Nigeria has deteriorated to the point where it is today

Shame on Yaradua and the entire PDP clan!!! God would punish all of you very soon
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by akinrogba: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2009
It's amazing to know that the issue of local govt is what bothers Mr President when there's a monumental crises in the niger-delta, ASUU is still on strike and our universities are now secondary schools,there's no electricity in the country and mikano office is like alaba int'l market,the road leading to international airport is bad, govt makes billions of naira from the ports and the road to these ports are in deplorable state. He (Mr President) has not been able to meet any of his seven pionts agenda, But he has time to bother a perfoming governor. MISPLACED PRIORITIES!
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by skima(m): 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2009
Infact Ogbas have ganged up again him, What did He thinks he is doing self?

http://greenlagos.com/index.php?task=news&action=viewNews&news_id=16
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by deejaid(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2009
[color=#006600]why all these mess again. well our dear president acted in good faith because i know there are some sacred "cows" and "bulls" behind d masquerade, instigating dis needless distraction. anyway koodoos 2 our brilliant governor Fashola of Lagos. we lagosians and nigerians are behind u. we refuse 2 be intimidated by any federal might.

victoria ascerta! EKO O NI BAJE,
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Connoisseur(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
Instead of tryin to repair the damage caused by his unpopularity and inability to deliver on his campaign promises, yaraslow is compounding his problems. Threatening a more popular state government and heating up an already heated polity. This goes on to say that yaraslow has lost focus and has no business been a president.
@Mr president: it is obvious you re overwhelmed by the functions and affairs of been d chief executive officer, it ll be in ur best interest to take the honourable way out.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by sherrylo: 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2009
please, you guys can see that Yamadua has definitely lost track,This man has gone from northern line to circle line ooo!.But if he is loosing his track he should not loose it to Lagos state ooo,because in Lagos and for Fashola Victroia Ascerta .
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by lastpage: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2009
QUESTION 101 @naijatoday!: To those saying Yar"Adua is fine, my only question is: What make LCDA's created by Kastina (by Yar'Adua), Yobe, Nassarwa, etc different from the LCDA's created by Lagos State?

Until l get a fair answer to this question, l have no choice than to agree that Umaru's illness has taken a dangerous dimension grin

Please, can all his "legal team" answer this simple question? P-L-E-A-S-EEEEEEE

These are his best achievements so far, in pictures!

Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by lastpage: 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2009
Se you see why the guy thinks he is mentally fit to square-up to Guv Fashola? grin tongue

Utter Rubbish!

Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by lastpage: 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2009
No wonder he wants to jerk-up University Tuition fee to #180,000, so that Southerners can be like one of those people in Gboko Haram! shocked
Lastpage
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by oluclem(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2009
Somebody should talk to Baba Go Slow to face his un-achievable seven point agenda(of People Destructive Party) and leave Fashola alone. We are not complaining. After all, what Fashola has achieved in Lagos, he (Yaradua) can not achieved one quarter of it.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by sley4life(m): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2009
either its changed or not its the same allocation lagos gets
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by EmmyBoy2(m): 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2009
@ Yang: I beg to disagree with you on this one. The creation of new LG's in Lagos cannot be reversed at this point in time by Fashola.
All constitutional requirements prior to their creation have been met.All that is outstanding is the ratification by the National Assembly.
The truth is that the PDP Federal Government believes Fashola is making giant strides in Lagos and they are trying to distract him by causing this confusion.
Read between the lines my brother!
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by ayinba1(f): 1:12am On Jul 29, 2009
WE MUST BE VIGILANT OOOOOOO!

I hope Lagos State Govt does not just stop here. Adequate manpower needs to be provided for Fashola's security, I kid you not, this Nigeria is ruled by some psychos. Un befreakingable, the one governor that is giving hope that maybe,,,just maybe, we could attain our dream in Nigeria is being targeted by Yar a mumu!

The guy is truly disgusting and especially DISAPPOINTING! It's all I can do to not punch him.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Sirdayor(m): 5:23am On Jul 29, 2009
I am not a normal contributors in political issues because i am not a politician, but it is obvious that the PDP led federal government is just enemy of progress. To take a look at it, how many of the PDP governors can match Fashola in terms of achievement? they can not even conduct a peaceful election to their local governments, now they are bent on frustrating fashola's/Ac effort in Lagos state.

I don't know weither Yaradua has ever bother to ask himself what he has achieve since the time he assume the president post, "TOTAL FAILURE" nothing has ever work for good since then.
NO ELECTRICITY, NIGER ISSUE ESCALATED BECAUSE OF POOR MANAGEMENT, EVEN BANK OF INDUSTRY DEATH TRAP WAS DEMOLISH BY LAGOS STATE AFTER LONG PERIOD OF NEGLECT BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, ALL UNIVERSITIES WORKERS ON STRIKE, NO JOB, MOST NIGERIA COMPANIES NOW MOVE THEIR FACTORIES TO GHANA,  AND NOW THEY ARE PLAYING POLITICS ON THE WELFARE OF LAGOSIAN JUST BECAUSE FASHOLA IS NOT A MEMBER OF CULT CALLED PDP.

Please let's pray for this country because it is now obvious that the PDP led federal government are set to ruin this country. LET'S FAST AND PRAY THAT GOD SHOULD UNSEAT THE EVIL AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL.
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by michaelala(m): 8:56am On Jul 29, 2009
a m e n !
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Gbawe: 9:20am On Jul 29, 2009
Yar Adua , to add to his many undesirable qualities , is also a Chicken !!! He is now stating that he will deploy dialogue over the Lagos LCDA issue after his 14 days deadline to Fashola expired yesterday when it was crystal clear , from the tone of his letter to the Lagos governor , that 'fire and brimstone' was on the way if Fashola did not comply with the wish of the president. This president is alway making hasty, ill-thought out decisions that are followed by embarrasing U-turns  grin grin

I guess the numerous lawyers, Obas , Politicians and Nigerians from all walks of life pledging support for Fashola has shown our President who the real leader is !!! If Yar Adua had any shame he would step down considering how little support he has from the generality of Nigerians !! It is sad that the only folks who back him against Fashola are his PDP sycophants while most Nigerians are solidly behind the Lagos Governor !!!

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/news/cover-stories/4166-lagos-councils-yaradua-opts-for-dialogue

Lagos Councils: Yar’Adua Opts For Dialogue   
Written by Golu Timothy, Abuja   
Tuesday, 28 July 2009 22:26

President Umaru Yar'Adua yesterday revealed that he would be opting for dialogue as a means of resolving the controversial 37 Local Council Development Areas, created by the Lagos State government.

The president spoke yesterday at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, shortly before his departure to Brazil on a three-day official visit.

He, however, warned that if dialogue failed, the Federal Government would be forced to take measures that would ensure that the Lagos State government, its State Independent Electoral Commission and other agencies were compelled to abide by the constitution.

The 37 LCDAs were created by the Lagos State House of Assembly in 2002, under the last administration, but Yar'Adua had on the July 14, 2009, written Governor Babatunde Fashola, asking him to revert to the 20 local governments because the 37 councils were yet to be ratified by the National Assembly, in line with a Supreme Court verdict
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by Nezan(m): 10:25am On Jul 29, 2009
Gbawe:

Yar Adua , to add to his many undesirable qualities , is also a Chicken !!! He is now stating that he will deploy dialogue over the Lagos LCDA issue after his 14 days deadline to Fashola expired yesterday when it was crystal clear , from the tone of his letter to the Lagos governor , that 'fire and brimstone' was on the way if Fashola did not comply with the wish of the president. This president is alway making hasty, ill-thought out decisions that are followed by embarrasing U-turns grin grin

I guess the numerous lawyers, Obas , Politicians and Nigerians from all walks of life pledging support for Fashola has shown our President who the real leader is !!! If Yar Adua had any shame he would step down considering how little support he has from the generality of Nigerians !! It is sad that the only folks who back him against Fashola are his PDP sycophants while most Nigerians are solidly behind the Lagos Governor !!!

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/news/cover-stories/4166-lagos-councils-yaradua-opts-for-dialogue

When you have a leader that was ill prepared for leadership, you cant expect less
Re: Lagos Can’t Revert To 20 Lgs, Fashola Tells Yar’adua by naijatoday: 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2009
Gbawe:

Yar Adua , to add to his many undesirable qualities , is also a Chicken !!! He is now stating that he will deploy dialogue over the Lagos LCDA issue after his 14 days deadline to Fashola expired yesterday when it was crystal clear , from the tone of his letter to the Lagos governor , that 'fire and brimstone' was on the way if Fashola did not comply with the wish of the president. This president is alway making hasty, ill-thought out decisions that are followed by embarrasing U-turns  grin grin

ANPP Lagos and one organization that calls itself Civil Liberty Organization (CLO) support the president too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees / #PresidentialReadingTime; President Jonathan Reads Just Before Bed Time (Pic) / Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.