Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,356 members, 7,881,303 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:17 PM

Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone (122600 Views)

Attention: Senior Engineers/ Supervisors/ Managers/ HR Reps / Offshore/subsea Engineering Software (orcaflex) Training / Download Free Petroleum Reservoir Simulation Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2012
@ IBUDES
i did choose sub sea engineering in my own opinion, its a career that is not limited by boundaries and less stress , unlike drilling and production although both are highly sought after positions.

go for any one you feel you have interest in , drilling is good if you dont mind getting dirty, although you will not be doing the drilling per se, just supervisory role, good rates, but sub sea is something else, just give it a shot
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2012
i say congrats to those that have admission to clausthal, just get down to hard work and put your best behavior so you can open door for others that have interest too,

@ devmatic...bros how far?
hope studies are going fine?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Frankbossman: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hello. My daddy is a qualified excavator that has worked with reputable construction companies in libya. He is duly licensed. He had to come back home due to the war and has not been able to secure work since then. I dnt like seeing my daddy so unhappy. Any help in getting him emploment will be greatly appriciated.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
@ okeyz,

Studies are fine and tedious as well. I can wait to finish my current semester... The workload is really crazy....
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by g1234: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
[quote author=okeyz]i say congrats to those that have admission to clausthal, just get down to hard work and put your best behavior so you can open door for others that have interest too,

Hello Okeyz

[b]Do you study at Clausthal?
[/b]
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2012
^^^^^ no i dont , i once had an admission in 2007 but jettisoned it for a job offer, if i had known i would have continued angry
@ dev take heart ..na so , to chop oil money no easy o, but you will scale thru.

1 Like

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by joblinks1: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
nairalanders ,
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Radz: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
devmantic: @ okeyz,

Studies are fine and tedious as well. I can wait to finish my current semester... The workload is really crazy....

What's the breakdown of the semester in terms of months?...October to...?..then?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 2:16am On Jun 25, 2012
Radz:

What's the breakdown of the semester in terms of months?...October to...?..then?

http://www.studienzentrum.tu-clausthal.de/allgemeine-informationen/semestertermine/wintersemester-201213/

Use a translator to read it...
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by aydj(m): 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hello guys, can someone pls help? I have Bachelor's and Masters degrees in Petroleum Engineering. I came back into the country from the U.S after my Masters program abt 3 months ago. Am yet to find a job. I have a year work experience in drilling engineering and a year in the downstream. I can work in Reservoir engineering and Production engineering roles as well. If you have any lead, pls contact me at aydj32@yahoo.com or call 08084752413. Thanks.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Radz: 11:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
@g1234, how is your visa application process going on? Have you managed to open the blocked account?...I'm yet to receive my hardcopy of the admission letter...how long did they take to send it to you?...will you be attending summer school?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by cuccon(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
dr ferlie, i am a graduate of microbiology with certifications in oil well drilling operations and offshore operations both from university of texas and i also have my IADC certificate...what are my chances in the upstream sector and which oda certifications do i need to get myself grounded for the industry
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Shinatu: 10:38am On Jul 06, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
aydj: Hello guys, can someone pls help? I have Bachelor's and Masters degrees in Petroleum Engineering. I came back into the country from the U.S after my Masters program abt 3 months ago. Am yet to find a job. I have a year work experience in drilling engineering and a year in the downstream. I can work in Reservoir engineering and Production engineering roles as well. If you have any lead, pls contact me at aydj32@yahoo.com or call 08084752413. Thanks.

@aydj

Check out the guys buying/bought from Shell,a couple of guys just moved to Seplat,google for thier office website/address and drop a CV or attempt to speak with HR.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Dpros(f): 2:43am On Jul 08, 2012
LEARN PIPING DESIGN AND PLANT MODELING @ THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME

Increasingly, we all face more pressures in our business lives. Finding time to attend courses of any kind and upgrading our skills can be very difficult and well meant plans are often put aside indefinitely because of this challenge.

Our flexible learn @home/work training packages can be the solution to your acquiring these skills in PDMS, Aspen HYSYS, AutoCAD, Primavera p6, STaad Pro, and other professional Engineering packages/design tools, without interfering with your busy schedules.. You can enjoy the full benefits of study Materials/training manual, 100% practical illustrations of refinery projects with guide lines from our experienced Engineers/Tutors, while learning at the comfort of your home. our training packages includes the following...

Piping design/modeling (conceptual FEED)...........

AutoCAD 2D Drafting & 3D Modeling.......................

PDMS 11.6, Plant Design, Drafting & 3D modeling.......

CeaserII, for pipe flow pressure analysis..............

Aspen HYSYS(process Flow Simulation & Monitoring)..........

Primavera P6 (Project Management, Scheduling & Planning)....

Staad Pro (Structural Analysis, Modeling & Designs).................

Our target is to set a record through our private tutoring and one-on-one Training Services. With believe if we can serve you well, you will also recommend us to you colleagues that will probably benefit from our training programmes.

FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO GET REGISTERED,
KINDLY CALL US ON 08037916993
OR VIA EMAIL: CLINT2310@YAHOO.COM

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Learn PDMS, Aspen Hysys, Primavera, Autocad, Staadpro, Ceaser II @ Home..(lagos) by Dpros: 12:04pm On Jul 06
FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO GET REGISTERED,
KINDLY CALL US ON 08037916993
OR VIA EMAIL: CLINT2310@YAHOO.COM[/b]
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by saviola24: 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
@okeyz and other greatmen in da house.thanks for d initiatives here. Atleast am learning alot. I graduated with 2.1 in Elect/Elect and computer engineering. I did my I.T and nysc in a computer networking firm. I hv also acquired certifications on Cisco. But ryt nw i want to venture into oil and gas industry but dont knw where 2start. Sumbody advised me to enroll for Instrumentation, automation and control training wc i have gone 2regista for at COD ENERGY SERVICES LTD here in portharcourt only to find out dat the training we wil b receiving is going to be theoritical and wc 2my opinion wont b enof to project one to d much needed skill. Some1 else den adviced me to go learn welding dat dey also make gud money in oil and gas industry.but i hv neva given it a tot in dat directn. @okeyz pls kindly advice me on what to do cos am just as confused as anytin particularly nw dat i dnt hav any job and squating in a friends place. My ques are. 1. Do u knw of a place where i can learn practical instrumentation. 2. Is d welding a good option for an Elect/Elect Graduate? 3. If i decide 2 continue d theoritical instrumentatn trainin wc wil begin on d 23rd of july 2012,wat is d posibility of gettin a job witout an industry experience. 4. @mr okeyz nd others in d house. If ther is any oportunity ,kindly alert me on my mail saviour.ifeanyi@yahoo.com even if its roustabout job in a rig @least let me start 4rm sumwher. Best regards house.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 9:46am On Jul 10, 2012
aydj: Hello guys, can someone pls help? I have Bachelor's and Masters degrees in Petroleum Engineering. I came back into the country from the U.S after my Masters program abt 3 months ago. Am yet to find a job. I have a year work experience in drilling engineering and a year in the downstream. I can work in Reservoir engineering and Production engineering roles as well. If you have any lead, pls contact me at aydj32@yahoo.com or call 08084752413. Thanks.

bros , shell is recruiting now and i think u r qualified for one of the positions, go to WWW.shell.com/careers. apply fast
also go to Mobil's career website , you will see application from Nigerians who studied abroad, apply and upload your CV, same with total,www.total.com/careers.

since you into drilling, you can take a short with kcadeutag, there need drilling engineers badly now
www.kcadeatuag.com

cheers.

NB
; lets hear ur success story when you clinch the job take care

2 Likes

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 10:47am On Jul 10, 2012
I graduated with 2.1 in Elect/Elect and computer engineering.
thats good
I hv also acquired certifications on Cisco. But ryt nw i want to venture into oil and gas industry why do you want to venture into the oil and gas industry? there are other sectors like telecom and I.T of which you are more suited , they too make a rewarding career for young graduates
well you dont have to loose hope elect/elect work in the oil and gas too.
Sumbody advised me to enroll for Instrumentation, automation and control training wc i have gone 2regista for at COD ENERGY SERVICES LTD here in portharcourt
well give it a shot no knowlegde is a waste, but if you were in lagos there is a firm that give hands on practicals on instrumentation,i will check if there have a branch in PH, cos there said something like that last 2 yrs.
Some1 else den adviced me to go learn welding dat dey also make gud money in oil and gas industry.but i hv neva given it a tot in dat directn
welding is good and very lucrative but its capital intensive, you have to do up to 3 exams to be a certified welding inspector and each exam cost about 350k!, do u have that ?

kindly advice me on what to do cos am just as confused as anytin particularly nw dat i dnt hav any job and squating in a friends place.

of course it can be very confusing and even demoralsing, after working hard in school to get a good grade you have to go thru this harrowing experience , well do not give up,we all started the same way, just hang on to hope. the Lord is your strenght grin

..seriously you just have to be focused that's all
try the instrumentation course as a start.you can use Google to try out firms that teach instrumentation in PH as i dont stay in Ph and may not know, another thing that i will advice you to do is , if u have some money just do a certification course, maybe in project management, supply chain or logistics or even six sigma , then go to oil and gas companies websites and apply on their website, this will greatly improve your chances of been called for interviews, it works!! especially if you have 1st class or 2:1 , use google, try the service company's and production coys.just keep applying, also u can try telecoms too. MTN.etisalat. etc

also keep checking Tuesday and Thursday guardian newspaper, there are usually adverts for graduates having 2:1 from oil and gas coys, just try and be searching, u never know, just keep trying
General electric recently advertised and are looking for 2:1 graduates, you can try their webistes too and apply www.ge.com, also go to www.slb.com/careers.www.bakerhughes.com,www.total.com,www.shell.com,www.seadrill.com,www.akersolutions.com. click on career and apply.

take care

1 Like

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by saviola24: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
@okeyz, thanks alot for ur swift response,i always cum bak 2dis very sectn 2mak reference 2ur posts. Pls kindly gv me d name of d company u said dat gvs hands on practical in instrumentn so dat i can contact dem nd mak enquiry abt their ph office. Although i stay in lagos bt 4nw am in ph. Again re u sayin welding is more lucrative dan instrumentation?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
^^^ if you are good at something, and people appreciate it and willing to pay for it, does that make it lucrative?

get that thinking out of your head, find a career path and follow it, be the master, the rest will fall into place.

2 Likes

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by saviola24: 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Thanks @okeys,wat u said is d hard fact.thanks alot. Wil kip u posted as i progress
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
^^^^^ http://www.ae-technologyinitiative.com

that is the website of the instrumentation company , a subsidiary of michael stevens , very hands on,check if they have port harcourt branch , i think they should have, cos they are really making waves here in lagos in terms of instrumentation, at least i know some unilever staffs that went for a company sponsored training there on instrumentation.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by aydj(m): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2012
okeyz:

bros , shell is recruiting now and i think u r qualified for one of the positions, go to WWW.shell.com/careers. apply fast
also go to Mobil's career website , you will see application from Nigerians who studied abroad, apply and upload your CV, same with total,www.total.com/careers.

since you into drilling, you can take a short with kcadeutag, there need drilling engineers badly now
www.kcadeatuag.com

cheers.

NB
; lets hear ur success story when you clinch the job take care
@ Okeyz, tnx a lot for the information and encouragement. I have actually applied to these companies and written some aptitude tests. Expecting to be called up for interviews hopefully, just that it takes a long time for these companies to complete a recruitment cycle, as usual. The kcadeutag info is very helpful, I will give it a try and let you know as soon as anything gud comes up. Tnx!

1 Like

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by slevin: 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
@okeyz, please I need ur insight on the issue u talked about how a civil engineer can switch in oil n gas career, most especially rig jobs, so please if it's not much trouble could u send the info into my mailbox.. U'd be doing a a huge favor.
p a u l w i s e g a n g e e (at) y a h o o d o t c o m
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by saviola24: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Thanks okeyz, i hv calld d instrumentatn link u gav 2me.they aint in ph yet bt wil b comin soon around oct. I wil stil keep intouch. Meanwhile, i hv an instrumentatn training which i wil b attendin strting frm mon 23rd july. Thanks once again.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by siscof: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
Hello Dr.

Pls. I want to know what petrophysics is all about. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by saviola24: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
@siscof, kindly use google nd mak research 4 petro physics
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
Am an undergraduate studying petroleum engineering in one of the best institution in Nigeria. i have a long holiday now and need a vacation job in any good oil and gas company. please can someone help? i have good certificates to present.
thanks and God bless
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by subsurface: 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Are you a Graduate (both fresh & old) or final year student in the following courses:-

PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
GEOLOGY

And you want to increase your chances of getting professional job via increasing your technical skills...

For more information Please visit:-

http://www.subsurfacedevelopment.com/
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by GreenOil(m): 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
Gud work peepz... Am a petroleum graduate... Kip d gud wrk peepz. More infor.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
cuccon: dr ferlie, i am a graduate of microbiology with certifications in oil well drilling operations and offshore operations both from university of texas and i also have my IADC certificate...what are my chances in the upstream sector and which oda certifications do i need to get myself grounded for the industry

I hate to be harsh on you, with a degree in Microbiology, you have a ZERO chance of getting into the oil industry...into technical positions. Typically, these guys hire technical-oriented people, in other words engineers. By their rigorous training, research have shown that engineers think differently and approach problems differently from people who are not engineers. However, You may be able to get a job in non-technical positions, perhaps non-college degree required positions.

I am curious as to why you didn't study engineering at University of Texas? Did you study microbiology as premedical degree with intent of going to medical school but changed your mind?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / How To Improve On Your Career With I.T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.