Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,292 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:05 AM

Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... (6174 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Inaugurates Azikel Refinery In Bayelsa State / If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay / Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by FlyboyZee: 8:32am On Mar 30, 2016
IzonOwei:
challenges my yansh... angry angry..with all the monies in that state i see no challenges..all i see is mediocrity and foolishness... angry

Have you constructed or built anything in Bayelsa before? Have you also built or constructed anything in Ughelli, Anambra, Ogun, Benue, Nassarrawa, Kano, Kaduna, etc before? If no, my son, your problems are really diverse, you don't need just growing up alone, you also need a lot of experience, the best teacher that ever liveth...

Like I said before, you really need to do some growing up, and while you are at it, please, do remember to be really fast, as time and tide waits for no man.
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by odikimi: 8:34am On Mar 30, 2016
tobimillar:

Bro I think u got it wrong.. it's not about APC or PDP. It's about Bayelsa and it's people. Agreed that of the two Devils dickson is way ahead. But are u saying it's only Devils that bayelsa have to offer after Alameseigha? A timi alaibe MIGHT have been better. Let's begin to look beyond party... let's talk for development. Izonowei was right
So whose fault that TimiAlaebi was not given the ticket? Was it not your blood sucking apc and their villain that kicked Timi Alaebi out because they always use drug addicts as their leaders.
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by odikimi: 8:36am On Mar 30, 2016
IzonOwei:
who the hell is this goat... ....i am no for apc or pdp dont you get it...our parents are suffering and you're here bragging about choosing a lesser evil..youre one reason why nigeria wont move an inch..you see why i use the word we to actually capture an olodo like you..what happened to voting for anpther party other than apc and pdp...must we vote for pdp or apc...see why i say there are more illiterates like yourself than rational thinkers in that state
mods, pls read the first line of this statement and judge whether the op and this comment doesn't call for a ban.
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Pavore9: 9:17am On Mar 30, 2016
FlyboyZee:

...and 80% less water & swamp than Bayelsa. You see the challenges?

That gives them an edge in building up an enviable aquatic industry that will have other parts of Nigeria as its market!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 30, 2016
odikimi:

So whose fault that TimiAlaebi was not given the ticket? Was it not your blood sucking apc and their villain that kicked Timi Alaebi out because they always use drug addicts as their leaders.
i am not for apc mr man..dont you get it....
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 30, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Olodo? Is that an Ijaw or English word? Your choice of Nigerian words show where you reside and why you are being imbecilic and arsenic. I understand your misgivings and as such pardon you as a more senior citizen. I used to be like you back then when I was resident in Lagos, writing ish, insulting Alamco based on hearsays and what the press controlled by the Lagos clique was making me believe. All of that changed when I relocated and became resident in Bayelsa, this gave me a first hand information about the needs of the people and why the State Governors and other leaders behave the way they do. You need some growing up to do, son...
i have lived in the niger delta for half my existence..and i am telling you our leaders in bayelsa state are not only daft but foolish..what in this world can excuse the gross incompetence of bayelsa leaders especially dickson who cant pay salaries..please tell me... angry angry angry...what...wether i use olodo or obori(goat) it doesnt matter...the issue here is that our parents who are retirees are suffering... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 30, 2016
tobimillar:

Bro I think u got it wrong.. it's not about APC or PDP. It's about Bayelsa and it's people. Agreed that of the two Devils dickson is way ahead. But are u saying it's only Devils that bayelsa have to offer after Alameseigha? A timi alaibe MIGHT have been better. Let's begin to look beyond party... let's talk for development. Izonowei was right
thats the question i want that baba to answer...so we can only boast of devils in bayelsa state... angry angry angry angry...isnt that a shame..and to know many went out of their way to vote for incompetence baffles me...what ever happened to voting for a neutral party so that we can move on as state....

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 30, 2016
Pavore9:

That gives them an edge in building up an enviable aquatic industry that will have other parts of Nigeria as its market!
leave that guy..he is one reason bayelsa can never grow...from his assertion or whatever netherlands should remain under developed simply because they are below sea level...such madness... angry angry...

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 30, 2016
The "tufiaaa" part is hilarious. Sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Ximonak: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Everyday i bless God for carving Bayelsa away from Rivers. Most Bayelsans are known for being carefree, irrational and lazy.

You cant rily blame Dickson, most govt workers are ghost workers. If they were genuine workers whose input and output are felt, they would down tools and they effect will be felt almost immediately.

Bro you correct wella,the reason many old people are feeling somehow is because Dickson refuse to "share the money mentality". Yes he is not the best governor but he closed many of these share the money govt firms, and stop many ghost workers example like in Environmental office at lambert. He said they should go to school(free education till secondary sch)
That is what Sylvia did, GEJ did too, so they though it will continue like that.

He still embezzled (4billion for one small flyover in a place that doesn't need it and still Julies Berger have abandoned it because of no payment for the completion), so many other things.
But He there is better option than Sylvia(share the money)
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 30, 2016
The young ones can enter Aba and learn trade to support their families. You can't always wait for the government,you become LAZY and BACKWARD!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Yujin(m): 10:49am On Mar 30, 2016
Welcome to the board of critical minds my brother. Such people will be dealt with when we get our new nation. I feel your pains. 'Heartless people deserve to be treated mercilessly' Yujin.
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by obiak4(m): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2016
tobimillar:
After spending one year in Otuasega, ogbia in 2011, and touring communities like angiama, azuzuama, opuama etc in southern Ijaw, and spending a few weeks at ekeremor, as a youth corp member then, I feel deeply sorry for the people of Bayelsa state. I wish they can have back the days of Alamco, the only politician who carried the people along. Forget party, timinipere sylva was terrible, very terrible, dickson is no better. Bayelsa state is the smallest state in SS, one would have expected massive development and prompt payment of salaries of workers and pensioners BUT....? Izonowei, what is the fate of that airport close to ODI?
scrapped and moved to a community between amassoma,ogobiri and tombia village it's about 80% completed
izonowei your ranting is too much as someone rightly said most Bayelsans prefer collecting salaries for work not done,they have enough ghost worker than any state in the federation, as I write this piece am in bayelsa so I know much about the state that said
but it not an excuse for Dickson not to have paid salaries, as at today verification of all staffs of govt. institutions is ongoing because probably he is trying to reduce ghost workers
most bayelsa youth are lazy but they like enjoyment (weed,cocaine, rum,women)
bayelsans should see this as a clarion call to start a business because most of the businesses are owned by stranger
ha izon ha izon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by utytill(m): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2016
We deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by asha80(m): 11:22am On Mar 30, 2016
obiak4:

scrapped and moved to a community between amassoma,ogobiri and tombia village it's about 80% completed
izonowei your ranting is too much as someone rightly said most Bayelsans prefer collecting salaries for work not done,they have enough ghost worker than any state in the federation, as I write this piece am in bayelsa so I know much about the state that said
but it not an excuse for Dickson not to have paid salaries, as at today verification of all staffs of govt. institutions is ongoing because probably he is trying to reduce ghost workers
most bayelsa youth are lazy but they like enjoyment (weed,cocaine, rum,women)
bayelsans should see this as a clarion call to start a business because most of the businesses are owned by stranger
ha izon ha izon

you mean things like this
http://allafrica.com/stories/200812190067.html
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by obiak4(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
asha80:
you mean things like this http://allafrica.com/stories/200812190067.html
believe sylva @ your own peril but getting a job in bayelsa has different stages work n balance buy slot/community slots ghost worker
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Newway2(m): 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
FlyboyZee:

...and 80% less water & swamp than Bayelsa. You see the challenges?

Netherlands is a country below sea level just like Bayelsa, what makes it develop? My brother, most of our leaders are greedy, selfish, thieves & visionless. The only vision they see is how to glutomly acquire assets 4 their unborn children. If they hv d welfare of their pple at heart, it's not rocket science to develop a state or nation.

Remember Singapore was a lonely, waterless, resourceless country in 1960's..............what do we hv 2day?

Indonesia is a country made up of over 15,000 different & separate islands........where is Indonesia 2day?

Being surounded by water shld hv been as acquatic asset & not a liability for leaders with good vision.

This Nigeria leadership crisis is not by tribe, party or religion.

Pavore9:

U are right bro, d water shld hv bn an asset & not liability but 4 lack of vision.
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Abagworo(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
I will repeat what I wrote earlier in one of those Okorocha attack threads. Rivers State is equally owing 3 to 15 months depending on your sector and so is it for virtually all States except that some have gone unreported.

https://www.nairaland.com/2928154/real-reason-imo-state-boiling

Abagworo:

What Rochas Okorocha is trying to do is the most sustainable solution to our inept civil service in Nigeria. That is the simple truth. By the time oil falls to 5DPB our only possible means of maintaining huge workforce is by making Government owned parastatals more sustainable by achieving at least 70% self funding.

IMHO the funds should have been directed to free education, infrastructure and building of more schools. Will Imolites be happy if free education is cancelled because of most funds going to paying ghost workers? Concessioning will be as difficult to implement as subsidy but this Rochas idea is the future hope for all States.
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by agrovick(m): 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
tobimillar:

After tombia bridge Isn't it going to be too close to the shell gas plant along that ammasoma road? Safety concerns!!!

The level of poverty in most of the riverine communities especially those in southern Ijaw local government (with the exception of ammasoma of course) , ekeremor and those in ogbia is terrible. Asides the almost 24 hour light enjoyed by some communities who are host to some oil majors, most of those communities don't feel any impact of the state government.

I wish the 13% derivative is paid directly to the host communities. Hopefully we will begin to see high rise building in this communities...

Alamco had his flaws, BUT people still revered him. He was paying 10k to corpers before Jonathan brought it down to 5k and that cocaine addict sylva brought it to 3k.
An objection to paying the derivative directly to the host communities, some of the leaders in this communities are worse than your average politician, speaking from ongoing experience.
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by FlyboyZee: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pavore9:

The cost of construction here in Bayelsa is astronomically high. That's one reason why many Federal projects can't go on. They value this projects with Abuja costs and award to people who don't understand the terrain only for them to get to site and find out that the total sum of the project is not even enough to stabilize the soil (that is clearing the mud and sandfilling with more stable materials like sand, etc)...

Sometimes, when these contracts are awarded to Bayelsans or people who understand the terrain, they are usually undervalued as the Federal Government would always use insist on using Abuja standards in pricing the jobs...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by FlyboyZee: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
IzonOwei:
i have lived in the niger delta for half my existence..and i am telling you our leaders in bayelsa state are not only daft but foolish..what in this world can excuse the gross incompetence of bayelsa leaders especially dickson who cant pay salaries..please tell me... angry angry angry...what...wether i use olodo or obori(goat) it doesnt matter...the issue here is that our parents who are retirees are suffering... angry angry angry

I'm an Ijaw man (Izon Keme) who now work and reside in BY. I have traversed all the regions of this country and lived in every region for at least a year before moving on. Bayelsa, does not have the worst leaders. Ever wondered why I requested that you try to gain more experience before you pour your venom or spill your bile? If you've been around like I have and has experienced things like I have, you vexation may not be this bad.

I'm not happy myself at the slow pace of development in the state, but would not be as arsenic and vituperative as you have been, because I know better now. There is no El Dorado anywhere in the world. Everything is just make-believe, based on the side of the story, the teller wants you to believe. But, alas, you threw all caution to the wind and started washing your rags in public. Abeg! Who no get rag for im house?

I hope you got my point...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by FlyboyZee: 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
Newway2:

Netherlands is a country below sea level just like Bayelsa, what makes it develop? My brother, most of our leaders are greedy, selfish, thieves & visionless. The only vision they see is how to glutomly acquire assets 4 their unborn children. If they hv d welfare of their pple at heart, it's not rocket science to develop a state or nation.

Remember Singapore was a lonely, waterless, resourceless country in 1960's..............what do we hv 2day?

Indonesia is a country made up of over 15,000 different & separate islands........where is Indonesia 2day?

Being surounded by water shld hv been as acquatic asset & not a liability for leaders with good vision.

In Netherlands, do they take money from one region and share to other regions? Or every region, every community, plans, generate funds and use same to develop itself and provide facilities it requires and solve problems that arise?

If your answer to the first question is in the opposite and the answer to the second is positive, then that is the problem we have in Nigeria. And until that problem is solved/resolved, we will continue to be in the doldrums as we head south...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Abagworo(m): 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
FlyboyZee:

I'm an Ijaw man (Izon Keme) who now work and reside in BY. I have traversed all the regions of this country and lived in every region for at least a year before moving on. Bayelsa, does not have the worst leaders. Ever wondered why I requested that you try to gain more experience before you pour your venom or spill your bile? If you've been around like I have and has experienced things like I have, you vexation may not be this bad.

I'm not happy myself at the slow pace of development in the state, but would not be as arsenic and vituperative as you have been, because I know better now. There is no El Dorado anywhere in the world. Everything is just make-believe, based on the side of the story, the teller wants you to believe. But, alas, you threw all caution to the wind and started washing your rags in public. Abeg! Who no get rag for im house?

I hope you got my point...

Every State has the same and I have always stated it as someone who is very much aware. Who knows Akwa Ibom has some workers owed 36 months? The same goes to almost every State in Nigeria but the media has been so manipulated that a lot of cover ups and conspiracies have almost become the norm. State Governors need to come together and hold a crucial meeting with Labour on the best way foward.
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Newway2(m): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
Can Bayelsa state (or any other state getting extra 13% derivation) justify d 13%? If u too can answer ds then, there may be need to call 4 increased allocation.

If a man can not manage 1,000 definetly, he can't manage 1m.

SW (Nigeria) was developed with resources not as high as what Bayelsa gets 2day, yet, pple up to (present day) Delta felt govt contribution in their lives.

My brother, it's not abt increased allocation or (so called resourcee) control, (which I support anyway), it abt being prudent & visionary with whatever resources is available.

Look at South-Sudan (with resources of d whole former Sudan at their disposal), are they fearing better than when they were with Sudan?.

FlyboyZee:

In Netherlands, do they take money from one region and share to other regions? Or every region, every community, plans, generate funds and use same to develop itself and provide facilities it requires and solve problems that arise?

If your answer to the first question is in the opposite and the answer to the second is positive, then that is the problem we have in Nigeria. And until that problem is solved/resolved, we will continue to be in the doldrums as we head south...
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by FlyboyZee: 4:59am On Apr 01, 2016
Newway2:
Can Bayelsa state (or any other state getting extra 13% derivation) justify d 13%? If u too can answer ds then, there may be need to call 4 increased allocation.

If a man can not manage 1,000 definetly, he can't manage 1m.

SW (Nigeria) was developed with resources not as high as what Bayelsa gets 2day, yet, pple up to (present day) Delta felt govt contribution in their lives.

My brother, it's not abt increased allocation or (so called resourcee) control, (which I support anyway), it abt being prudent & visionary with whatever resources is available.

Look at South-Sudan (with resources of d whole former Sudan at their disposal), are they fearing better than when they were with Sudan?.

Development must come from the people and carried out at their own pace and not forced on them by forces that be.

The SW was developed with Cocoa and rubber money, not money from Groundnut nor oil palm nor coal. And the people decided the pattern/direction they wanted to develop towards and followed it. So also, was other regions developing with their own resources and in their own way and manner.

Development became stunted in the regions when oil money was discovered and became even worse, when these mallams started sharing it from Abuja. If we had not discovered oil and had not started this allocation ish, may be, just may be, we won't be on this discourse...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by AmuDimpka: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
To be honest bayelsa and Delta states are disgrace
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by AmuDimpka: 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Yes they don't do that in Holland but bayelsa has been given so much yet they have so little to show for it....bayelsa is basically a disgrace

That's the truth
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by AmuDimpka: 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
The problem with ijaw is that they want the govt to pay them money monthly without doing anything ...thye are lazy

How can somebody sell his job to strangers yet they complain ....
Re: Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
IzonOwei:
no be joke my bro... Old folks are languishing in poverty and that man called dickson still remains a governor that was just voted in back by the bayelsa people...so annoying...
You no try to call your people foolish... long time brother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Bomb Blast, A Reaffirmation Of Chibok Conspiracy / BREAKING: FG Planning To Declare State-of-emergency In Rivers Over Wike Audio / I Will Stop Supporting Peter Obi If I See His Picture Inside This Place.(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.