Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,023 members, 7,883,541 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:25 PM

Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply (1143 Views)

Militants Kill 4 Soldiers In Ekeremor, Bayelsa; Soldiers Invade Community / Soldiers Invade Polling Units In Ondo, Shooting Sporadically Into The Air / Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Staf Mercilessly Over Poor Supply. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 30, 2016
It was like a scene out of an action movie when about 6 soldiers attached to the 35 Artillery Brigade, Alamala Barracks, Abeokuta, Ogun State and led by one Major Musa, stormed the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company ( IBEDC ) substation – Olumo business hub, Rounder – on March 6 and beat up Salau Adekunle, the man on duty, over poor power supply.

Workers of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company say they have become fearful in their office when the soldiers descended on Adekunle, the substation’s distribution officer, with horse whips, because, presently on the average, the barracks and environs get 5 hours supply daily, which falls short of the soldiers’ expectation.

Narrating his experience to the Punch, Adekunle said:

“They told me to get up and without explanation, they started beating me. They complained that they did not get supply regularly, but it is not our fault. They said they would be the ones to determine the number of hours they want power. We told them it was not possible, but they didn’t want to listen.”

Corroborating the story, Adekunle’s colleague, said, “Electricity supply is divided into 3 levels – generation, transmission and distribution. This implies that generation affects transmission, which in turn affects distribution.

“If there is less sufficient generated power, then there will be less power at our own side to distribute to the community, including the barracks. Before now, there was supply for at least 8 hours and at times, 15 hours. Electricity generation has reduced from 4517MW to 2800MW and now to over 1500MW.

“All this is known and understood by the soldiers, but they pretend as if they do not know; that is why they now get 5 hours’ supply per day. Initially, the soldiers blamed us. Soon, it graduated to threats. They once arrested us and took us to their barracks and detained us for hours; l was a victim.”

Another official said they had been living in fear since the incident happened, adding that threats from the soldiers had intensified. “They said it would not be threats again, but killing. Major Musa said he would send soldiers we don’t know. We spoke out because we cannot wait for them to kill us.

Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 30, 2016
its not fair..soldiers treating Nigerians as if they are immigrants...i rather be treated this way by a foreigner than my fellow country man...whats the essence of citizenship if i cant be secured in my own country and have my say.... The government has to do something about this before it becomes a norm for upcoming soldiers
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by tomakint: 1:48am On Mar 30, 2016
Welcome to the zoo.......on a more serious note, Fashola should have been given this 'treatment' for even daring to increase the monthly electricity charges despite the epileptic power supply ravaging the whole Country through his ministry. undecided

1 Like

Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by ademega(m): 2:17am On Mar 30, 2016
je-su!
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by orisa37: 2:35am On Mar 30, 2016
These are not gentlemen.
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by nnachukz(m): 3:09am On Mar 30, 2016
No more laws in the land. Everyone is flexing his power on his fellow citizens just to easy off frustration caused by the people in power. They will soon tell us they were fake soldiers but when retaliate and kill one he will automatically becomes a real soldier.
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by redsconsult(m): 3:21am On Mar 30, 2016
cant pity the phcn staff at least it will send a good signal to the authority that nigerians aint happy including our soldiers....heat is everywhere...soldiers too have family and they feel same heat.

kudos to the nigerian army.. tongue
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by capricon: 4:05am On Mar 30, 2016
Zoooooooooo!!!!!
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by BossKratos: 4:49am On Mar 30, 2016
grin

Those soldiers no try sef! They should have shot them in the face! Useless NEPA!
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by fotadmowmend(m): 5:52am On Mar 30, 2016
I witnessed similar thg yesterday in d town I m serving . Deris dis soldier dat came home for Easter celebration. The first thing I saw is over speeding whenever his car passes by. I could nt close my mouth when I saw him beating a commercial cyclist aka okadaman mercilessly yesterday. I wish I had the power to stop this
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by mrphysics(m): 6:04am On Mar 30, 2016
This is Nigeria, anything can happen.
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by lapazi(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2016
Hmm, i love their doggedness, they should be deployed to sambisa asap, where there isnt power at all, dey will fish out shekau in no time. what rubbish vexination.
But op put maggi and source now.
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by DaGC(m): 7:50am On Mar 30, 2016
And these same soldiers are the ones owing DISCOs N15B undecided undecided
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 30, 2016
The ibadan disco workers were the ones shoutung sai baba now they are getting served what they asked for.

How come i enjoyed about 18 hours of power supply daily in kaduna while i get 4hours in lagos
Re: Angry Soldiers Invade NEPA Office, Flog Manager Over Poor Power Supply by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
dont u guys electicity distribution company has a security man... you guys should have alerted him for help..

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan-declares-2019- President Bid. Hit Or Miss. / Light Rail: Lagos Procures $14.6m Rail Coaches, To Face-out Danfos, Other / Nigerians React To Beheading Of Igbo woman In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.