Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,734 members, 7,898,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:11 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12141026 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10270) (10271) (10272) (10273) (10274) (10275) (10276) ... (16455) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:41am On Mar 02, 2021
12large1:

We know that Osimhen might end up Scoring or flopping but the WORST possible excuse that you can use is "Descrimination" (They won't pass the ball to him" or "Voodoo" (He shouldn't had celebrated his bday and allowed someone to spray money on him in nigeria) Worst possible excuse. Infact, it is so Senseless that it doesn't even require a response.

Stop talking in nonsense. I never used either word.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:10am On Mar 02, 2021
12large1:

The problem with you guys is comparing Farmers league stats to The Big 3. For example, osimehn isn't scoring at the big 3 but his level is still better than Sadiq/moffi who are at Farmers league. They would have to prove themselves at the big 3 to even have a chance of Replacing osimehn or iheanacho

You guys need to stop this big 3 crap

I will only agree with you on division 2 players and not players playing in the French league Belgium and co
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2021
Is this a sign that he is still an Eagle?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I will only agree with you on division 2 players and not players playing in the French league Belgium and co

Egbon mi I dobale but foreal, the quality of a league/team that a player performs is a huge measurement of his Quality. In order to achieve something significant at world stage, we need our best players at the BEST Clubs/leagues in the world. If not, r32 or r16 will always be the end. Of course, there are exceptions to these rules, but even the exceptions best results were World cup Quarter finals. I.e ghana 2010, Senegal 2002 etc. If the league or team isn't significant, then Indian league players should be called up to SE after all, A Nigerian is probably the top scorer now at Indian league. A player like Osimehn, kelechi are out of form now in the big 3, but their Quality still supercede anyone in Farmers league. Infact, Osimhen despite being out of Form in Seria A is still SE BEST striker now.

Note: This is my analysis sha, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:51am On Mar 02, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Bros, you simply cannot compare the Quality level of Seria A, Epl, or LA liga to Belgium or French league. A player scoring 10 goals in Seria A/epl/ la liga is more Valuable than scoring 20 goals in Belgium, French, p
Russia or even Turkey League. If you doubt me, check transfermarket ranking of the aforementioned. (They're not 100 factual) Also, the level of moffi, onuachu, Sadiq now is the level that osimehm was 2 years ago. Make dem come big 3 before dem get chance to replace Starboy. This na my opinion Uncle I respect yours too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:56am On Mar 02, 2021
Sainty92:
At the prime age of 31 and a Late Bloomer that recently just played at Manchester United and was also just the top Scorer at the last ANC, he is still needed in SE. Maybe not as a starter, but his experience will be Vital. This is a proven player that has performed for SE his league doesn't matter. He can still contribute as a substitute player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:53am On Mar 02, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

The good Doc!! How do u see the league so far? The boys have been putting on a show.

Do you know if there will be an Hifl season this year?

Hope you're doing well Sir Basco, thank you for all the NPFL highlights.
The NPFL TV has made the league more transparent and interesting. Hopefully with time they can increase the number of games they show per match day. I downloaded the app when it first came out but I think there was an issue with international payment options, I'm not sure if it has been resolved.
There is a promo until the end of March though- if anyone is interested in trying it out.

HiFL said they have plans for the 2021 season, but I think it will difficult because of COVID and all. Imo a lot of it is out of their hands, but we'll see what eventually happens.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:53am On Mar 02, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Glad to know that you are good. Basco has been showing us what we are missing in the NPFL.

He's doing a great job, hope you're doing well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:11am On Mar 02, 2021
shocked guys check this worldie in the MFM V Nassarawa game yesterday

https://twitter.com/MFMFC_Lagos/status/1366636218302218248?s=20

cc Bascovanveli

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:41am On Mar 02, 2021
DrLikita12:

Hope you're doing well Sir Basco, thank you for all the NPFL highlights.
The NPFL TV has made the league more transparent and interesting. Hopefully with time they can increase the number of games they show per match day. I downloaded the app when it first came out but I think there was an issue with international payment options, I'm not sure if it has been resolved.
There is a promo until the end of March though- if anyone is interested in trying it out.

HiFL said they have plans for the 2021 season, but I think it will difficult because of COVID and all. Imo a lot of it is out of their hands, but we'll see what eventually happens.

Thanks Doc just doing my part to help the league grow.

I feel it all falls down to the NTA not wanting to do anything but the bare minimum. NPFL.tv only broadcasts what NTA records. They could show every single match if they wanted but NTA would rather follow politicians around. Can u imagine that a Kano Pillars match got cut off for a replay of a senate sitting angry

I don't think u have to pay for the app yet but I am not so sure about internationally.

HiFL need to stop playing games and start the league. If school is running why not the league. Students don't need Covid tests to sit for exams so why follow protocol now? They need to start because they can actually challenge the NPFL for popularity especially if they are still on supersports.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:42am On Mar 02, 2021
chrisooblog:
shocked guys check this worldie in the MFM V Nassarawa game yesterday

https://twitter.com/MFMFC_Lagos/status/1366636218302218248?s=20

cc Bascovanveli

Chai cheesy and I just finished recording the goals of the match day grin I guess I will have to do it again

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 10:52am On Mar 02, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Thanks Doc just doing my part to help the league grow.

I feel it all falls down to the NTA not wanting to do anything but the bare minimum. NPFL.tv only broadcasts what NTA records. They could show every single match if they wanted but NTA would rather follow politicians around. Can u imagine that a Kano Pillars match got cut off for a replay of a senate sitting angry

I don't think u have to pay for the app yet but I am not so sure about internationally.

HiFL need to stop playing games and start the league. If school is running why not the league. Students don't need Covid tests to sit for exams so why follow protocol now? They need to start because they can actually challenge the NPFL for popularity especially if they are still on supersports.

NTA has too many problems, it should be sold or handed over to someone who is actually interested in making profit.
I did the 2 week free trial initially on NPFL TV, but I couldn't continue after that. We were supposed to pay N1,500 every month (unless they've changed that) and I think I also needed a code sent to my number but my country calling code was not listed at the time.

I didn't realize that universities have resumed in person classes. Since they have, they might as well start the league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2021
DrLikita12:

NTA has too many problems, it should be sold or handed over to someone who is actually interested in making profit.
I did the 2 week free trial initially on NPFL TV, but I couldn't continue after that. We were supposed to pay N1,500 every month (unless they've changed that) and I think I also needed a code sent to my number but my country calling code was not listed at the time.

I didn't realize that universities have resumed in person classes. Since they have, they might as well start the league.

NTA is interested in propaganda and political PR.

I am not a fan of the LMC asking for money so soon into their broadcasts. They need people all the loyal fans they can get and asking for money doesn't breed loyalty if anything it is a turn off.

Yes the HiFL have no real excuse. Who knows wat other nice player we can grab from there. Ebuka David is still doing well with Kano

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2021
Sainty92:

I wanted to ask too sef

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:28pm On Mar 02, 2021
Thanks to Chrisooblog for showing us the goal of the match day but every single goal on here is top class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct8xaSatngo

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
Tamunotonye22:

Who are this people God? smh. you haven't even dropped a reasonable fact but have dropped a whole lot of hate in one post, effortlessly. how y'all jump into insults after a lil argument that's supposed to be factual and educative, into a battle of words surprises me tbh. the funny thing is that you two were saying the same thing while dragging other players.

trust me I know the beer parlour analyst now lol
you jump into a discourse with a mindset of hatred. Where did I drag any player? Go play for sand

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2021
12large1:

We know that Osimhen might end up Scoring or flopping but the WORST possible excuse that you can use is "Descrimination" (They won't pass the ball to him" or "Voodoo" (He shouldn't had celebrated his bday and allowed someone to spray money on him in nigeria) Worst possible excuse. Infact, it is so Senseless that it doesn't even require a response.
Osimhen is a flop.. We Don hear. Rest for the matter lol.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2021
I disagree with Rohr on his notion that playing in big leagues determine success in National teams. Brazil has won world cups with more home base players than foreign based players and are the most successful national team in FIFA world cup. Egypt the most successful national team in Africa achieved that feat with almost home based players.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2021
grin grin They won't pass the ball to him...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2021
U-21s with the most Goal Contributions in Ligue 1.

Teremas Igboras Moffi in the mix.

Courtesy: BR Football.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2021

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2021
zuchyblink:
I disagree with Rohr on his notion that playing in big leagues determine success in National teams. Brazil has won world cups with more home base players than foreign based players and are the most successful national team in FIFA world cup. Egypt the most successful national team in Africa achieved that feat with almost home based players.

I quite agree with you. He is simply not a very good coach. His coaching skills are just
average.
Besides, ending up in a big league is a question of time.
A player in the Belgian league might end up in the Spanish league in 3 years time.
As a coach you identify a good player at an embryonic stage based on his style and technique
and then you use them.
In fact, success as International level can get you a big club.
Playing for a big club happens with the passage of time and your excellence.
Greece won euro 2014 with good players not neccesarily players in Real Madrid or Barcelona.
You only nee 5 to 6 world class players to win a competition.
The rest just have to be very good and not world class.
I mean what if Paul Mukairu ends up in a big club in 3 years time.
We have many young players that can get in a big club but we do
not have to wait for that to happen to get results out of them.
Most players are around 23 and even more before they get into big clubs.
Rohr's notion is limited and myopic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2021
zuchyblink:
the important thing is not the league but the club. I think rohr said club and not league in his last interview. simi and aina are in a better league, onuachu and sanusi are in a better club. this also reflects in the national team selection.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
Samuel Chukwueze Magic

The Stats performance that crowned "The Naija Robben" as La Liga's King Of The Match in the Villarreal vs Atletico Madrid game.

The groin surgery has truly freed him up to cause Chaos again in "reborn" form.

Keep it going Super Chuks. Our Robben-Reloaded.

Courtesy: La Liga

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2021
Gattuso might quit Napoli at the end of the season if rumours flying around are anything to go by
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2021
zuchyblink:
Your point is?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2021
The Super Eagles' March Competitive Fixtures confirmed.
Venue and Time locked in.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
The Super Eagles' March Competitive Fixtures confirmed.
Venue and Time locked in.

Lesotho should be a walkover. Ndidi is fit so no excuses this time.

Benin may spring a surprise tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
Iheanacho starts again

I hope he scores so maybe Rodgers might be forced to continue playing him alongside Vardy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2021
See as falcao just waste this fine pass from onyekuru
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
Ndidi starts in central defence for Leicester, Iheanacho also starts

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
Chris Wood has gummed himself to Ndidi

Hmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (10270) (10271) (10272) (10273) (10274) (10275) (10276) ... (16455) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cromz(m), chrisooblog and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.