Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,287 members, 7,971,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12554788 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10415) (10416) (10417) (10418) (10419) (10420) (10421) ... (16756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SHIIIIITEHOLE: 5:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
Why won't Ghana qualify for the world cup? And will Nigeria qualify? Nigeria going to the world cup is a complete waste of everybody's time. Despite going to the world cup multiple times, Nigeria has never gone beyond the second round grin

Ghana was just a kick away from a world cup semi final berth grin football is played on the field, not with mouth cool

Talk less and achieve more on the field. Ghanaians don't talk much but they perform.

Truidstar:
Ok. Ghana will not qualify for the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
wow impressive Messi kind of stats equal goal and assist contributions. When last did we have a striker who dropped such goal/assists numbers? Osimhen is really a gem.

PS. I'm not comparing Victor to Messi o! before anyone starts saying I was comparing this to that player.

Danielnino00:
Osimhen at the AFCONQ b

5 games
5 goals
5 assists..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
disagree about Iwobi. He worked hard but a lot of his threaded balls didn't come off. Not a great day at the office which can happen to anyone. Full marks to him too for always trying to make things happen.

TheGoodJoe:
Just need to touch on the second half. What most impressed me was the movement of our players. They did well covering each other and opening passing channels for each other.

However, we still have a lot of work to do.

Iheanacho dropping deep and distributing the ball was impressive especially towards the time he was taking out. He looked well coached.

Ndidi covering gaps at the back was also brilliant.

Etebo showed immense work rate.

Osimhen showed how frightening he is if given room to attack. Rohr needs to work on a system to create spaces for Osimhen.

Iwuala looks a genuine talent and he showed it. I was impressed with his skills but needs to work on his weight. Also his use of players. He looked at ease playing with Ebuehi.

I was over impressed with the tactical movement and awareness of space by Onuachu. He looked like Rodri of Man City playing the attack. Also covered grounds.

Iwobi was so delightful to watch in that second half and looks suited for a possessive playing side.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
chrisooblog:
wow impressive Messi kind of stats equal goal and assist contributions. When last did we have a striker who dropped such goal/assists numbers? Osimhen is really a gem.

PS. I'm not comparing Victor to Messi o! before anyone starts saying I was comparing this to that player.

Nobody will ever think you are comparing victor to Messi nah ,something you can be jailed for grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
all these Ghana analyst on this thread, make una pack well oo. we are no longer mates again .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
SHIIIIITEHOLE:
Why won't Ghana qualify for the world cup? And will Nigeria qualify? Nigeria going to the world cup is a complete waste of everybody's time. Despite going to the world cup multiple times, Nigeria has never gone beyond the second round grin

Ghana was just a kick away from a world cup semi final berth grin football is played on the field, not with mouth cool

Talk less and achieve more on the field. Ghanaians don't talk much but they perform.

Why do you want to stir up a Ghana Nigeria deek measurement here. Breda

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
You forgot Ehizibue

Ehizibue is not a super eagles player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
Christology:
all these Ghana analyst on this thread, make una pack well oo.
we are no longer mates again .
Someone is referencing 2010 wc in 2021. SMH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Ehizibue is not a super eagles player
How?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
guy its like you don't know some of our peeps here
andrewbaba44:

Nobody will ever think you are comparing victor to Messi nah ,something you can be jailed for grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
guy you need to be fairer in your assessments. Osimhen finished top scorer of the entire qualifying campaign added assists untop yet you are still belly-aching because he didn't score hatrick.

Give the young man some breathing space we want him to improve but at least commend him for being our main man during this whole qualifying campaign. Ighalo that you are mentioning do you know how many years of grinding and support he got from the coach before he hit that run of form?

You are free to constructively criticize Osimhen but choosing to castigate him when he has obviously done well is not on.

Curtisaxel10:

I'm not saying he shouldn't miss chances o, but the guy seems rather too wasteful to me. This is particularly alarming considering that in this our team, good goalscoring chances are usually few and far between especially against big teams. Go and check the goals Ighalo scored in his final years in the SE against the heavyweights of African football. Hardly any one of them was given him on a platter of gold. He had to utilize the meager half-chances that came his way.

Osimhen just can't keep squandering chances at this rate, that's all I'm saying. Let me believe that his today's showing was due to his recent injury battles Sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
charlesemeka85:
lol i know say you dey vex but if dude rescind his decision and approach the nff i doubt the football house will decline. same goes to the likes of eze,madueke even danjuma cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I still want danjuma
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
Danielnino00:

Dont be surprised when u see all of them in the next list.
our current CB options:
Balogun
Ekong
Ajayi
Omeruo
Awaziem
Akpogunma

Full back options:

Aina
Sanusi
Ebuehi
Collins
Shehu

Normally,we should have like 7/8 defenders on one list. But Rohr will call up 10..

The midfield needs attention too..

He usually does that with Ajayi and Shehu being potential midfield options. But that always robs of the opportunity of having more creative midfielders in the team.

Rohr should have enough balls to drop some of those defenders and give room for more midfielders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
nice analysis doc. Onuachu is beginning to hit that peak as a fine predatory striker a real box finisher. Osimhen's game is still maturity hopefully with time he will start converting those big chances to goals.

TheSuperNerd:
And one of the Big Questions here:

Who is the better finisher? Osimhen or Onuachu

I could easily tell you my own take but I would rather use Stats to help enhance my points.

Osimhen in serie A alone have missed 5 big chances in 13 games (7 starts). He has 3 goals and 1 assist.

Onuachu in Belgian Pro League has missed "just" 8 big chances in 30 games (28 starts).

My focus is on the number of Big chances missed per Game.

Osimhen missed 5 in 13.

Onuachu missed 8 in 30. If Osimhen had played more games, the chances of him missing more are there. Meanwhile Onuachu had gone through 30 full games and haven't even hit double figures yet in Big Chances missed. What does this tell us? The man is one of the most ice-cold finishers in Europe right now. Infact I have an interesting stat I had compiled since March 8 and waited for the right time to drop which shows that Onuachu is actually Europe's most wicked finisher focusing on League stats alone i.e the guy who hardly misses the Big Chances he gets. He even tops the Finisher-Elite, Haaland and we all know just how Brilliant a finisher Haaland is

Without pressing any calculators, it's safe to say Onuachu's finishing is superior because The Big Man HARDLY misses a big chance.

So what's the simple answer I wanted to give you without this stats-filled preamble? It is easily Paul Onuachu. No arguments. Osimhen is a fine finisher. A very good one infact but Onuachu is Elite in this Attribute. But it doesn't make him the better striker all round compared to the Monster Machine.

I will drop those Big Chances missed stats comparison that shows how clinical Onuachu is compared to the goals scored.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Peleeeee when was the last time Messi or any Barca player scored 5 goals and 5 assists in 5 matches for their national team undecided lipsrsealed tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Where are the creative midfielders? If someone like Eze and Saka had agreed to play for us I don't think Rohr will be calling up defenders.
Icon4s:

He usually does that with Ajayi and Shehu being potential midfield options. But that always robs of the opportunity of having more creative midfielders in the team.

Rohr should have enough balls to drop some of those defenders and give room for more midfielders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
the Poland game was way before the Congo. Infact the only other friendly we played after the congo one was against the Czech Republic

elunico:

Yeah! I remember, he picked it up in Port Harcourt against Congo. It affected his performance against Poland. I pray he gets back to his original form soon. Dude is miles ahead of Aina.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
I once read that the NFF repeatedly tried to arrange friendlies with Ghana, but the Black Stars kept rejecting. I wonder why.... grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DABIGATRAN(m): 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
One remarkably sad development I observed since I started following this thread from when it was formed till present is how some monikers rate our players after each game with terms such as "useless", " total crap", "below average", "waste" and so on.
One reasons that EITHER those monikers cannot muster enough vocabulary to appropriately critique a game and analyze players' performances OR they are outrightly mischievous. I don't believe ignorance is a factor here because an average member of this thread is thought to be loaded with football information.

Please let's endeavour to employ the right terms when commenting on our players' performances in green. Most of the comments I read about Iwobi, Aina, Ekong and the rest were quite ridiculous and a far cry from their input in the games.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
Eze and the England U21s have been knocked out by Croatia

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
Oshoala missed and missed until she scored grin I still believe she should think about trying out for the Olympics because she has raw speed that can be coached up. Anyways here is a quick highlight of her game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnCt0V_s-9U

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DABIGATRAN(m): 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
I don't know the Osimhen he was referring to but the Osimhen I know is a real gem of a striker with ability to covert half chances, real PRESENCE in the final third, rare creativity, excellent finishing instincts. He reminds me of the Emenike of 2013/2014 though Osigoal is a more refined version. I couldn't wait for Victor Osimhen to become our first choice centre-forward. He gives the fans hope, real hope.
chrisooblog:
guy you need to be fairer in your assessments. Osimhen finished top scorer of the entire qualifying campaign added assists untop yet you are still belly-aching because he didn't score hatrick.

Give the young man some breathing space we want him to improve but at least commend if for being our main man during this whole qualifying campaign. Ighalo that you are mentioning do you know how many years of grinding and support he got from the coach before he hit that run of form?

You are free to constructively criticize Osimhen but choosing to castigate him when he has obviously done well is not on.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
sheyishemba:

Peleeeee when was the last time Messi or any Barca player scored 5 goals and 5 assists in 5 matches for their national team undecided lipsrsealed tongue tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I like this trolling sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
sheyishemba:

This table wey you wan shake ehn..... grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
DABIGATRAN:
One remarkably sad development I observed since I started following this thread from when it was formed till present is how some monikers rate our players after each game with terms such as "useless", " total crap", "below average", "waste" and so on.
One reasons that EITHER those monikers cannot muster enough vocabulary to appropriately critique a game and analyze players' performances OR they are outrightly mischievous. I don't believe ignorance is a factor here because an average member of this thread is thought to be loaded with football information.

Please let's endeavour to employ the right terms when commenting on our players' performances in green. Most of the comments I read about Iwobi, Aina, Ekong and the rest were quite ridiculous and a far cry from their input in the games.
You're saying a good thing, but all fans are like that.

If you see the kind of comments english fans can make, You'll know that we love our players here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I like this trolling sha

Abegiiii no campared monster machine to that Argentine ekuke ohhh tongue tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Baba make I shake am jareeeeee grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
sheyishemba:

Abegiiii no campared monster machine to that Argentine ekuke ohhh tongue tongue

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

Leave him alone

I know to deal with him when I am ready

Trolling Chelsea fans is part of my online hobby grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SHIIIIITEHOLE: 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
I am not stirring up anything! How did I stir up anything?

I only responded to outright lies and insinuations about Ghana. It is within my right to do so, right?

You are a Nigerian, right? What do you do when you see outrageous things written about your country by a non-Nigerian?

JohnBullMySon:
Why do you want to stir up a Ghana Nigeria deek measurement here. Breda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SHIIIIITEHOLE: 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
Playing Nigeria in a friendly is a complete waste of time for Ghana. cool what will a Ghana gain by playing a team it has been beating since 1950? Now you know, huh?

Ghana has been flogging a Nigeria since Lord Lugard’s time.

Ppogbae:
I once read that the NFF repeatedly tried to arrange friendlies with Ghana, but the Black Stars kept rejecting. I wonder why.... D
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
maidaboi:
I still want danjuma
dude is doing well in the championship with a return to the epl in the summer likely

(1) (2) (3) ... (10415) (10416) (10417) (10418) (10419) (10420) (10421) ... (16756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yachambliss(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.