Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,708 members, 7,924,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 08:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12270830 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) ... (16527) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:21am On Jun 04, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

What about Nwakali who made over 30 appearances? We just have to accept the coaches decision either way.

Nwakali to replace who?? Nwakali is a midfielder who played in the Dutch second division. His time will come. Midfield is crowded right now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2017
zicky:
If anyone from the last U-17set ought to be called to the SE, its orji okonkwo and not Oshimen, cos I still can't figure the criteria for his invitation.

you do have a point. I mean Bologna and Wolfsburg aren't too different from eachother, they both barely survived relegation but the case now is that when Bologna started fighting against relegation they called on Orji Okonkwo while Oshimen was still choping bench at Wolfsburg, if I talk now some cry babies will start talking about Iheanacho

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2017
zicky:
If anyone from the last U-17set ought to be called to the SE, its orji okonkwo and not Oshimen, cos I still can't figure the criteria for his invitation.
injury free osimhen would have started more games
osimhen started from u17 to u20 to u23 to super eagle through different coaches
and remember the coach and director that bought him have all been sack yet the new coach still gave him some game time when he returned from injury
he is quality, i rest my case
#respect

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:26am On Jun 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

Nwakali to replace who?? Nwakali is a midfielder who played in the Dutch second division. His time will come. Midfield is crowded right now.

but do you agree that Orji deserves a spot ahead of Oshimen, yes or no
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:29am On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

Orji will get his time.. Osimhen has been part of the set-up since Rohr took over. Rohr knows enough of him to keep inviting him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

I was not asking for his time to come. Where did u read me asking for an invite? I said respect the coaches decision, how is that asking for an invite?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:30am On Jun 04, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I was not asking for his time to come. Where did u read me asking for an invite? I said respect the coaches decision, how is that asking for an invite?

Ok I understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

are you saying orji should replace oshimen?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2017
maidaboi:
injury free osimhen would have started more games
osimhen started from u17 to u20 to u23 to super eagle through different coaches
and remember the coach and director that bought him have all been sack yet the new coach still gave him some game time when he returned from injury
he is quality, i rest my case
#respect

Portugal dropped Sanches for the confed squad, not because he isn't a class act but because other players are performing better than him, that is what I call professionalism at it's peak. We have game changers who could have been invited in place of Oshimen, Ajagun for example is the kind of player you can bring on when you are looking for an equaliser and play him as the DMF in a 3 man backline because he can also cover as the RB and LB allowing the actual fullbacks to bomb forward. Aluko is the kind of player you can bring on when a team adopts a man-to-man marking approach, he can easily beat his man unlike....Iwobi for example who would rather just pass the ball. I can name other game changers who I do not like personally but if we should be perfectly professional in our approach they deserve the spot more than Oshimen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:34am On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

you do have a point. I mean Bologna and Wolfsburg aren't too different from eachother, they both barely survived relegation but the case now is that when Bologna started fighting against relegation they called on Orji Okonkwo while Oshimen was still choping bench at Wolfsburg, if I talk now some cry babies will start talking about Iheanacho
injury don become bench now ba?
Continue sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:36am On Jun 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

Orji will get his time.. Osimhen has been part of the set-up since Rohr took over. Rohr knows enough of him to keep inviting him.

when will that time be? I mean now he is playing as good as ever, a national team invitation will only increase the young man's confidence so that he can continue to grow on the right path. Why are we inviting Oshimen? Let's face it, even if we are a goal down Oshimen won't come in before Onyekuru, Kayode or even Moses Simon, he is there for the future and coincidentally Orji his teammate(another prospect for the future) is doing absolutely well right now, why aren't we using the same argument for him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

when will that time be? I mean now he is playing as good as ever, a national team invitation will only increase the young man's confidence so that he can continue to grow on the right path. Why are we inviting Oshimen? Let's face it, even if we are a goal down Oshimen won't come in before Onyekuru, Kayode or even Moses Simon, he is there for the future and coincidentally Orji his teammate(another prospect for the future) is doing absolutely well right now, why aren't we using the same argument for him?

If we are chasing a game, Orji will not come on either. The coach has seen enough of Osimhen to keep inviting him. We have to respect that.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

Portugal dropped Sanches for the confed squad, not because he isn't a class act but because other players are performing better than him, that is what I call professionalism at it's peak. We have game changers who could have been invited in place of Oshimen, Ajagun for example is the kind of player you can bring on when you are looking for an equaliser and play him as the DMF in a 3 man backline because he can also cover as the RB and LB allowing the actual fullbacks to bomb forward. Aluko is the kind of player you can bring on when a team adopts a man-to-man marking approach, he can easily beat his man unlike....Iwobi for example who would rather just pass the ball. I can name other game changers who I do not like personally but if we should be perfectly professional in our approach they deserve the spot more than Oshimen
nawa for you ooh
see how you shift the debate from orji and oshimen to other players
na like that you dey do your debate?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:47am On Jun 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

If we are chasing a game, Orji will not come on either. The coach has seen enough of Osimhen to keep inviting him. We have to respect that.

don't get me wrong I respect that, I haven't complained much. But I just want us to make all our young players feel like they belong, personally if I am in Orji's shoe I'd be irked a little
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

don't get me wrong I respect that, I haven't complained much. But I just want us to make all our young players feel like they belong, personally if I am in Orji's shoe I'd be irked a little

Orji has no reason to be irked. He is young, keep working hard and they will have no choice but to invite you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

I disagree...
please what has orji achieved in his playing career
can you please stop creating unnecessary debate
oshimen progressed from under 17 to SE...
u think the boy has nothing to offer...if the guy was not that good as you think...
at least one of these Nigeria coaches beginning from the under 17 would have dropped him
for your information ..the lad has the record for the highest goals scored in under 17 world cup.
what record has your orji set?
tell me.....

you just trying to give points that are not tenable...
now it is orji you wanna use to discredit oshimen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
zicky:

seems you forgot something or you keep forgetting something,
positional wise

check it out, same with NWAKALI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
Humility017:

I disagree...
u think the boy has nothing to offer...if the guy was not that good as you think...
at least one of these Nigeria coaches beginning from the under 17 would have dropped him
for your information ..the lad has the record for the highest goals scored in under 17 world cup.
tell me.....

I cannot make out one single point from everything you said, please try to follow the argument properly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

irked for what...
even parents don't love all their children equally..
no matter how hard you try...you can never be fair to all.
just take a look at igiebor...the other day ranting he is better than rohr midfielders bla bla
so please... oshimen deserve the attention he is getting
by now....you should know...that there is something unique or special about that lad..
under 17, 20,23 and the SE coaches all liked him..
definitely not his face they liked...but what he tends to offer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

I cannot make out one single point from everything you said, please try to follow the argument properly

definitely you won't get my point
because we're at loggerheads on this
I read...orji words the last time..
saying next season he try step up his game..
so as to be able to make the world cup list in his country...
the young man is not even irked ..he is happy wit the progress he has made...hoping to build on it
next season.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
do4luv14:

seems you forgot something or you keep forgetting something,
positional wise

check it out, same with NWAKALI

it seems you guys forget... that salisu Yusuf
once called both oshimen and nwakali to the SE camping though I don't have much information on that...I know he once did prior the appointment of rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
Humility017:

I disagree...
tell me.....

But why are u bashing Orji? U can make ur point without doing that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Thanks goodness they did.... Madrid just gave me more reasons to smile tonight.

I have always wanted Zidane to win it again and show that a world class player with godlike-achievements in his playing days can also cut it as a world class coach with outstanding achievements backing it up.

Happy for Zidane... happy for C.Ronaldo... they both epitomise a keen quality I have always stood for in my personal quest for excellence.

But on the Issue of who keeps goal... common Akpeyi gets the nod.

Alampasu won't keep goal even if he goes thru camp without conceding a goal in all sessions. Period.

He is a super potential but a rookie and that goalie position is the most sensitive of a team's defence. Akpeyi starts no question.

yes a rookie yes, a rookie who can inspire and co-ordinate our defence to stand strong always, and to wither every storm,

not the shakey panicky, and un-inspire keeper like AKPEYI,

if you doubt me, go ask SHURUMO,ADEBOYE, and EYEAMA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
All dis talk about invited every Tom and Jerry we are all arguing,

let me stop the debate here and point out the most important thing that's beening missed here,

first wetin concern OSIMHEN, and ORJI,
sha nah same position dem dey play

even NWAKALI sha we no get person wey done cover dia, and some still fighting for it

chaiiii ah tire oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
Humility017:

it seems you guys forget... that salisu Yusuf
once called both oshimen and nwakali to the SE camping though I don't have much information on that...I know he once did prior the appointment of rohr

yea, I don't as a mater of fact forget, no,the question am asking here is did ORJI, NWAKALI and OSIMHEN play one position or not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Can we stop arguing about this Osimhen dude already. My own opinion and anyone can call me out on this. After scoring 10 goals in u17, where and when else has Osimhen scored? Lets stop dwelling on past glories. Its all a function of what he brings to the table. I think we were a little too carried away because we want a solid 9 and we are already thinking he fits the mould. However, this dude still has a long way to go. On his invitation to Super Eagles, like I said before, it still is the prerogative of the Coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

But why are u bashing Orji? U can make ur point without doing that.
sorry I did that bro... the argument was unnecessary...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
I am yet to read a report that Akpeyi stood out if the pack during training. However, some believe experience will come to Akpeyi's rescue during games. Super story.
Pls which report from camp.Honestly sometimes i do not understand how u always based your judgment on training or drilling before a player can be chosen.

This is how you had endless arguments based on Iheanacho situation at man city,try to defend Guardiola on drilling of Nacho but d young man is wise enough to seek playing time elsewhere.

Nobody is doubting Alampasu ability as a goalkeeper but for now Akpeyi,Ezenwa are ahead.I don't know for d future Alampasu might be No1 but for now or against South Africa Akpeyi w manned d post or else injury set in,even at that Ezenwa w be called upon and this already showed in Corsica and Togo friendly.

In d absence of Ikeme,Akpeyi No1,Ezenwa 2 and Alampasu 3.This is how Rohr rate d trio irrespective of diving and jumping in d training

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mickael2:

so my question is why do u still talk and still mention Iheanacho by yourself,are u the cry baby yourself?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
Loooollll.... leave that confused, double-standards, lying man..... he will lie blatantly just to drive home a point. cheesy

Injury has become Chopping bench..... hahahahahahaha

Besides Orji Okonkwo is a winger/wing forward.... who will he displace for now among V.Moses, Simon Moses, Musa, Iwobi, and Onyekuru? People just talk for talking sake... looolll

Orji's time will come. He is doing very well. Also Nwakali too.... but same with Orji... as the wing positions are crowded so also are the midfield positions.

maidaboi:
injury don become bench now ba?
Continue sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
Icon4s:

How many of those players you mentioned there are eligible to play for Nigeria against SA?

Ajagun good enough for where? Look at the list of Nigerian players who can play the number 10 position you wish Ajagun is good enough to play:

Mikel
Etebo
Iwobi
Aluko
Even Iheanacho.

Now in addition all the five players mentioned above can play at least 2 or 3 more positions. Which one of them is Ajagun better than?

And please you have been singing this exact song for years now. Can't you contribute to the growth of Nigerian football without the inclusion of your players?

First of all, we never knew Etebor and Iwobi could play dat position until they were given the chance to prove themselves despite the fact that they were nobodies before they played for the national team.

Ironically, Abdul Ajagun who was already an established player with Panathinaikos, and was very much influential to them lifting the Greek version of FA cup, helped them to place 2nd twice in the league, and played in both the Europa and Champions league qualifiers was mischievously, deliberately and unjustly overlooked for an academy player and a NFL player.

Now, you are asking who is better.

I will say give him also the chance to prove himself but until them, i go dey talk.

However, Abdul is better than Eteboh.

He is better than Iheancho, Iwobi, Aluko and Etebor when it comes to playing more than 5 roles effectively.

Abdul can do better. Next.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
Please leave him in his folly.... cheesy

Let him throw shades all he wants. But his yansh has been opened on this thread and has been exposed for his arrant hatred of three players... Mikel, Iheanacho and Onazi.

He is obsessed with the name Iheanacho... wetin concern Nacho now for Osimhen matter? Looollll....

Napoleon55:
so my question is why do u still talk and still mention Iheanacho by yourself,are u the cry baby yourself?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) ... (16527) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90, dymusty86, Caicedo, Famocious(m), elyte89 and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.