Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12154052 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10535) (10536) (10537) (10538) (10539) (10540) (10541) ... (16460) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mourinho off to Napoli..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
12large1:
I want us to draw Ghana in the final round of world cup qualifying. It's time to repay them for that Brentford massacre

I was going to post something like this some time this week. Baba, I am praying that we meet them in the 3rd round grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
12large1:

Ghana right now is in one of their lowest point if we cannot defeat them with our generational talent, do we really deserve to attend the world cup??

Even if Ghanaians parade dwarfs against us,vice versa too...d match will always be tough..dere is dis serious electrifying atmosphere dt comes with 9ja/Ghana games...I will rada choose oda options Dan us facing ghana in such a decisive tie cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Rubbish grin Nigerians never learn grin grin grin All you guys do is boast. Boast upanddown cool cool cool Na today! Bros, just chill.

I don't give fvck what team Nigeria presents and what team Ghana presents, the result will be the same grin you nigerians don't and wont understand cool football is not played with mouth, its played on the field, over 90 minutes. Nigerians can win on nairaland and with their mouths, while Ghana wins on the field grin na today?

[s][/s]

Then why are you guys dodging us even in a friendly game??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
You think Nigeria can beat Ghana? grin grin grin Fuckedness grin Trust me, it will end in tears for Nigeria cool

It is true that we may not beat you guys because Ghana will most likely not make it to the 3rd round, but I'm praying for you guys grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Since the 21st century, football has always been about money. UEFA and FIFA are about to lose money, so they're throwing out these stupid narratives. Is it not the same thing they wanted to form in Africa?

FIFA that is talking, hosting rights and the corruption that goes on there, isn't it about money?
two wrongs don't make a right. it's better to solve an existing problem than make it up worse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla2020: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ghana will not make it into the 3rd round? Is that a joke? Hate or like, Ghana is a powerhouse in African football. we don't really give a fvck what you or anybody else thinks

Ghana was just a kick away from a historic semi-final at the world cup. Has Nigerian gone beyond the second round at the world cup? Ever? cool

[s]
Ppogbae:

It is true that we may not beat you guys because Ghana will most likely not make it to the 3rd round, but I'm praying for you guys grin grin
[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla2020: 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
Playing a friendly with Nigeria is a complete waste of time for Ghana. You can play our female team, if you want

[s]
12large1:

Then why are you guys dodging us even in a friendly game??
[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Janicex: 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Mourinho off to Napoli..

Guy will transform Napoli to beast mode..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CASTAGNE: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Playing a friendly with Nigeria is a complete waste of time for Ghana. You can play our female team, if you want

[s][/s]
your team is mediocre now the sooner you accept this the better your sleep at night will be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Ghana will not make it into the 3rd round? Is that a joke? Hate or like, Ghana is a powerhouse in African football. we don't really give a fvck what you or anybody else thinks

Ghana was just a kick away from a historic semi-final at the world cup. Has Nigerian gone beyond the second round at the world cup? Ever? cool

[s][/s]

The past is not present. Hungary and Bulgaria were once powerhouses in football. Where are they now?

Given recent performances, I dey fear for una and your fellow countrymen. Ghanaian football has been in the doldrums since 2014 and has not resurrected ever since. Ghana not qualifying for the final round is a highly likely possibility, but like I said....

I'll continue to pray that we meet our anglophone brothers some time soon grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
chrisooblog:
two wrongs don't make a right. it's better to solve an existing problem than make it up worse.
Hmm..., I don't think football will ever go back to the traditional days. Reason being that football is now a major means of advertisement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
Olanrewaju Kehinde with an hat trick in Turkey lig 1

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

[s][/s]
Don't let me even criticize that 2010 performance oh. As if you guys did much to get the quarter final, you got free penalties in the group stage matches to win two games. The only match you played well was against USA. It was all majorly luck
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
CASTAGNE:
your team is mediocre now the sooner you accept this the better your sleep at night will be
It's like when a team is going down, they begin to sound more drums. Same way south Africa was comparing themselves against us.

Father God please put us with Ghana in the AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
zuchyblink:
Tai Sodje rejepcts England for Nigeria
Source?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Don't let me even criticize that 2010 performance oh. As if you guys did much to get the quarter final, you got free penalties in the group stage matches to win two games. The only match you played well was against USA. It was all majorly luck

Well.luck is needed too in a worldcup tournament.. Same luck edge dem out against Uruguay.. Dey could av been in d semis..I still remember dt game..I couldn't sleep all thru,very painful..I love dt team ....,youthful,dynamic,energetic,swift, with a very good technical coach milovan Rajevac;where dt man dey sef undecided.. I doubt if ghana can ever Assemble such a dedicated team again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Olanrewaju Kehinde with an hat trick in Turkey lig 1

Wow

I love this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
elyte89:

Well.luck is needed too in a worldcup tournament.. Same luck edge dem out against Uruguay.. Dey could av been in d semis..I still remember dt game..I couldn't sleep all thru,very painful..I love dt team ....,youthful,dynamic,energetic,swift, with a very good technical coach milovan Rajevac;where dt man dey sef undecided.. I doubt if ghana can ever Assemble such a dedicated team again
The thing pain me too. My only anger is that the Ghana dude shouldn't use it against Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
The botched takeover had nothing to do with the fans. They had disagreements with some premier league clauses.

Come on now they must have known about the clauses before entering the deal. No be secret cult dem wan join grin their lawyer would have gone through previous takeovers and knew what to expect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
I understand Andy. 17 leagues games without a La Liga goal. I see where you were coming from. But you see looking at only goals and assists won't tell you the angle I was coming from when I insist Chukwueze has improved and is still improving since he returned from his groin surgery operation.

Now, indulge me as I take you on a detailed ride showing you how Chuks has really stepped up of late.
I divide his La Liga season so far into two windows:

1. The Pre-Groin Surgery window.

2. The Post-Groin surgery window.

And note... I am only looking at his La Liga games. I deliberately left out the UEFA Europa League and Copa Del Rey numbers.

Now, Pre-surgery, Chukwueze made 1 start in 9 games since his last La Liga goal vs Valladolid.
In that period of 9 La Liga games he created only 2 chances, won a penalty (vs Real Madrid), Hit the woodwork vs Sevilla and bagged an assist vs Levante. That's all.

After this, he finally succumbed to the pains in his groin and had to do a groin operation which ruled him out for about a month or slightly more.

Now, Groin surgery done:Knocked him out between the match day windows of January 20th, 2021 and Feb 14th, 2021. He made his return for only 5 mins vs Athletic Bilbao on February 21.

Now here begins the amazing part... Chukwueze back even better with a bang bang!!

Post surgery, Chukwueze had so far made 4 starts in 8 la liga games and in this period he had created six times the amount of chances he created in the initial nine games since his last goal vs Valladolid.

His numbers post-surgery reads 12 chances created, 2 big chances created, 2 goals and now Two MOTM awards. All Attained in 4 starts from the 8 games so far since his return from the groin operation.

It's almost as if the groin pain was initially limiting the lad towards mid-season as it worsened compared to his early season showings, but now with the pain gone, he had been unleashed and looks reborn. He's finally getting back to his best and stepping up his game into a more playmaking one with the amount of chances he keeps creating for his team. Don't forget he also guns for goals... He hit the post twice in the UEL before bagging a brace last night. Should be having more if not for the post, honestly.

Here is the breakdown:

▶️He returned from his groin injury layoff for five mins+ of action on Feb.21 vs Athletic Bilbao

▶️Next game vs Atletico Madrid he picked up the MOTM award despite his side falling 2-0.
Made 4 key passes (i.e created four chances).

▶️1 key pass, 1 big chance created vs Valencia

▶️2 key passes, 1 big chance created vs Eibar

▶️1 key pass vs Cadiz

▶️1 key pass vs Granada

▶️3 key passes vs Osasuna

▶️2 goals and 2nd MOTM award vs Levante.

So I hope with these facts and perspective takes, I have been able to convince you of how much Chuks has indeed improved lately.

Just watch out... There is more to come. wink

Note: Remember... These are only La Liga numbers so far focusing on the 17 games since his goal vs Valladolid on November 2. And just in case, you are curious about how he fared leading up to November 2. I can just hint that he created 10 chances alone while ignoring any other stat. This was also before his Groin operation. In the early part of the season, the groin pains hasn't exacerbated yet. Hence those numbers. So yeah... It was a pleasure. wink

andrewbaba44:
Chuks hasn’t scored for 17 Laliga games till yesterday ,so nerdy you should see where my comment was coming from when I said he wasn’t improving ,few assist and at least 10 Laliga goals is okay ,some wingers even do score more than strikers

I am glad he scored a brace yesterday

Chuks is not a striker but as a good winger I expect him to be getting at least a goal in every 5 games at worst

Thesupernerd this comment Is for you

I look forward to your response

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla2020: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
typical nigerian nonsense! You guys don't see anything good in other people cool no wonder your country is going down. Don't know why you nigerians are like that sha. you people should learn to change your ways. Negativism doesn't help you and it doesn't help anybody.

Thankfully, its on record that Ghana got to the quarter final of the world cup and almost reached the semis. nigerian hatred wouldn't change that fact. Come back to me when Nigerian gets beyond the second round in the future cool

[s]
JohnBullMySon:
[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
I understand Andy. 17 leagues games without a La Liga goal. I see where you were coming from. But you see looking at only goals and assists won't tell you the angle I was coming from when I insist Chukwueze has improved and is still improving since he returned from his groin surgery operation.

Now, indulge me as I take you on a detailed ride showing you how Chuks has really stepped up of late.

And note... I am only looking at his La Liga games. I deliberately left out the UEFA Europa League and Copa Del Rey numbers.

Now, Pre-surgery, Chukwueze made 1 start in 9 games since his last La Liga goal vs Valladolid.
In that period of 9 La Liga games he created only 2 chances, won a penalty (vs Real Madrid), Hit the woodwork vs Sevilla and bagged an assist vs Levante. That's all.

After this, he finally succumbed to the pains in his groin and had to do a groin operation which ruled him out for about a month or slightly more.

Now, Groin surgery done:Knocked him out between the match day windows of January 20th, 2021 and Feb 14th, 2021. He made his return for only 5 mins vs Athletic Bilbao on February 21.

Now here begins the amazing part... Chukwueze back even better with a bang bang!!

Post surgery, Chukwueze had so far made 4 starts in 8 la liga games and in this period he had created six times the amount of chances he created in the initial nine games since his last goal vs Valladolid.

His numbers post-surgery reads 12 chances created, 2 big chances created, 2 goals and now Two MOTM awards. All Attained in 4 starts from the 8 games so far since his return from the groin operation.

It's almost as if the groin pain was initially limiting the lad but now with the pain gone, he had been unleashed and is finally getting back to his best and stepping up his game into a more playmaking one with the amount of chances he keeps creating for his team.

Here is the breakdown:

▶️He returned from his groin injury layoff for five mins+ of action on Feb.21 vs Athletic Bilbao

▶️Next game vs Atletico Madrid he picked up the MOTM award despite his side falling 2-0.

▶️1 key pass vs Cadiz

▶️1 key pass vs Granada

So I hope with these facts and perspective takes, I have been able to convince you of how much Chuks has indeed improved lately.

Note: Remember... These are only La Liga numbers so far focusing on the 17 games since his goal vs Valladolid on November 2. And just in case, you are curious about how he fared leading up to November 2. I can just hint that he created 10 chances alone while ignoring any other stat. This was also before his Groin operation. In the early part of the season, the groin pains hasn't exacerbated yet. Hence those numbers. So yeah... It was a pleasure. wink

Well maybe I was wrong to focus on the 17 Laliga games goal drought only ,he hasn’t been that bad at the Europa league sha

Well said by you

I pray for more goals ,at least 1 goal in every 4 to 5 games

I go Dey observe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla2020: 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ghanaian football is fine. Ghana can hold its own against any team in the world. You are talking to an individual with vast knowledge of football, huh? nigerians tend to be sentimental and boastful, but when the chips are down, Ghana will always have the upperhand over Nigeria. I can bet my last pesewa on that.

I don't agree that Ghana's football has been in the 'doldrums"-- That exist only in your head

[s]
Ppogbae:

The past is not present. Hungary and Bulgaria were once powerhouses in football. Where are they now?

Given recent performances, I dey fear for una and your fellow countrymen. Ghanaian football has been in the doldrums since 2014 and has not resurrected ever since. Ghana not qualifying for the final round is a highly likely possibility, but like I said....

I'll continue to pray that we meet our anglophone brothers some time soon grin grin
[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
jihday:
17 goals in 31 games better than 22 in 46

It’s 17 goals in 32 games in all competitions as you did for Martins.

However, the minutes they played matters.

So far, he has played 2,357 minutes while Martins had 2,763 minutes in all competitions.

Simmy even had more game time in the Seria than Martins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Ghanaian football is fine. Ghana can hold its own against any team in the world. You are talking to an individual with vast knowledge of football, huh? nigerians tend to be sentimental and boastful, but when the chips are down, Ghana will always have the upperhand over Nigeria. I can bet my last pesewa on that.

I don't agree that Ghana's football has been in the 'doldrums"-- That exist only in your head

[s][/s]

That is why you lost to Uzbekistan and Sudan, abi? grin grin

Swallow your pride and focus on your 2nd round fixtures cause Zimbabwe and Ethiopia aren't pushovers. Even SA sef can pull an upset here and there.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2021
elyte89:

That loss pain me, make I no lie. And this the Ghanian team achieved without Mike Essien and their captain then, very good player who was just coming back from injury, Stephen Appiah. Muntari too was sent home I think.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla2020: 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
typical niegrian. You only mentioned two games that Ghana lost. What about the dozens of games Ghana has won lately? Na wao. Nieria has not lost a game before?

You are talking like a child. Ghana is a powerhouse in African football. Nigerian hatred will not and cannot change that fact.

I will advise that you focus more on your supa chickens

[s]
Ppogbae:

That is why you lost to Uzbekistan and Sudan, abi? grin grin

Swallow your pride and focus on your 2nd round fixtures cause Zimbabwe and Ethiopia aren't pushovers. Even SA sef can pull an upset here and there.
[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

That loss pain me, make I no lie. And this the Ghanian team achieved without Mike Essien and their captain then, very good player who was just coming back from injury, Stephen Appiah. Muntari too was sent home I think.

Appiah and muntari where available

Muntari was even the goal scorer against Uruguay,I can’t forget so soon

Essien missed out due to injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sadiqali24(m): 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
chrisooblog:
two wrongs don't make a right. What can you say about -×-=+? Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

It's almost as if the groin pain was initially limiting the lad towards mid-season as it worsened compared to his early season showings, but now with the pain gone, he had been unleashed and looks reborn. He's finally getting back to his best and stepping up his game into a more playmaking one with the amount of chances he keeps creating for his team. Don't forget he also guns for goals... He hit the post twice in the UEL before bagging a brace last night. Should be having more if not for the post, honestly.

Here is the breakdown:

▶️1 key pass vs Cadiz

▶️1 key pass vs Granada

have to say Doc this is one of reasons I like reading your posts. Even when you take a position I don't agree with (very rare) you back it up with solid analysis for how and why you arrived at such a point.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Mourinho off to Napoli..

Is this true, or you're guessing?
Source?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10535) (10536) (10537) (10538) (10539) (10540) (10541) ... (16460) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), Truidstarr and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.