Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,869 members, 7,895,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12120096 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11068) (11069) (11070) (11071) (11072) (11073) (11074) ... (16449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2021
Philosopher1979:
BEST FORMATION TO EXPLORE OUR ATTACKING OPTIONS

Our strenght lies in attack.
I think we can play with 3 strikers at the same time.
Osimhen and Awoniyi as left and right forwards and a striker like Moffi in the middle.
The three of them can even interchange positions because of their mobility.
This way, we will confuse our opponents.
Our strikers can play as wide forwards. Wide forwards are semi-wingers who can do as they like.
Also, Sadiq Umar can play as a wide forward and supporting strker at the same time.
I mean play Sadiq umar behind osimhen and only one winger. Let him roam.
These ideas are in my mind.
The fluidity of our strikers should be exploited.
I think France plays like this sometimes.
We can use wide forwards and a striker who can be mobile.
Our coach is Gernot Rhor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Osimhen and Awoniyi as left and right forwards and a striker like Moffi in the middle.
Our strikers can play as wide forwards. Wide forwards are semi-wingers who can do as they like.
Also, Sadiq Umar can play as a wide forward and supporting strker at the same time.
This your formation is somehow. How can you through three pointmen at once? With deficiency in AM, Iheanacho kind of forward will always be needed to serve an overlapping role of SS and AM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
lloydtruth:

This your formation is somehow. How can you through three pointmen at once? With deficiency in AM, Iheanacho kind of forward will always be needed to serve an overlapping role of SS and AM.

Iwobi, eze, nwakali or enybody will serve as the attacking midfielder behind them. The are not total pointmen. Our strikers are mobile forwards that can drift to the wings. All we need is a 2 or 3 man midfield and mobile forwards who just roam anywhere and do what they like. Paul Onuachu is the only true target man we have.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Iwobi, eze, nwakali or enybody will serve as the attacking midfielder behind them. The are not total pointmen. Our strikers are mobile forwards that can drift to the wings. All we need is a 2 or 3 man midfield and mobile forwards who just roam anywhere and do what they like. Paul Onuachu is the only true target man we have.

How will the wide men provide service to the point man grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2021
Subzero047:

How will the wide men provide service to the point man grin

That is it. Any of our strikers can drift to the wing at any time and create chances or even score.
That is why i said THREE MOBILE STRIKERS. Eg. Awoniyi can drift to the wings and cause damage,
Ahmed Musa can also do that. Even Osimhen can drift to the wings. With three mobile strikers and wide forwards
you dont need traditional wingers. You only need creative central midfielders.
Wingers and strikers are almost the same in modern football. Think mbape, salah etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
I think we have overgrown Iwobi in our midfield, I think we should try a midfield of Ndidi,Onyeka and Aribo as the no 10 ,he plays there regularly for his club anyway

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
Philosopher1979:

That is it. Any of our strikers can drift to the wing at any time and create chances or even score.
That is why i said THREE MOBILE STRIKERS. Eg. Awoniyi can drift to the wings and cause damage,
Ahmed Musa can also do that. Even Osimhen can drift to the wings. With three mobile strikers and wide forwards
you dont need traditional wingers. You only need creative central midfielders.
Wingers and strikers are almost the same in modern football. Think mbape, salah etc.

The little thing is they are STRIKERS,they are not chance creators ,it takes a different skill to create chances and I don't think our strikers excel in them,It would be depreciating to put round balls in squareholes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
Subzero047:
I think we have overgrown Iwobi in our midfield, I think we should try Ndidi,Onyeka and Aribo as the no 10 ,he plays there regularly for his club anyway

Jesus!. Iwobi isn't good so we should try Ndidi and Onyeka as 10?. This is like asking a cancer patient to try drinking sniper since paracetamol can't cure him grin.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
If Yeremy Pino is Chukwueze's competition for starting place, man has no reason not to make 20+ starts and 10+ G/A this season.

And Villarreal are to sign Arnaut Danjuma, I knew Pino wasn't enough competition for Chukwueze.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
Subzero047:

Yea you may flop in the first week but that team will guarantee you mega points
yea Italy Fantasy is different from England own sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2021
Curtisaxel10:

Jesus!. Iwobi isn't good so we should try Ndidi and Onyeka as 10?. This is like asking a cancer patient to try drinking sniper since paracetamol can't cure him grin.

Read my post again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Onyekuru will debut his red hair on Thursday. Olympiakos are helping him conceal it to surprise the home fans. No picture yet.

Green gone.
Red gone.

Someone has spoken to him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Green gone.
Red gone.

Someone has spoken to him.

This guy sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
Madueke has never been impressive when I have watched him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
charlesemeka85:
midfield dictator or no midfield dictator Nwakali still hv a lot to do. Midfield dictator wey not fit play regularly for Huesca against the big bois in Spanish league is that one dictator? Abi because him na dictator for alcoron which is one of the worst teams in the league last season made him to deserve a mention for such role in the national team? grin

A lot of national teams lack dictators and midfield general buh they still play as a unit to win games

Emeka the dude Don improve ...he will be an asset to the team...the dude can successfully walk into a relegation-bound or mid table team in laliga...he has the charisma to be a midfield generalissimo...but he needs to keep his head up and continue to work harder...he had a very good season with alacron despite the fact they had ekuke players...let's hope he will do well with huesca this season...at least he has made improvement in his career and he is playing but let keep our options open in the midfield position...I really want eagles to set a message to Africa and the whole at large in this afcon...the midfield is actually our problem and of course a clueless coach and sport administrators cry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Well it not until you play 3 strikers before you have the fluidity in the attack you can play a striker and two inverted winger to ensure fluidity...all depends on the coach instructions...if we have chuks and this cska Moscow dude they are actually dynamic players they can ensure fluidity with this you're gonna have a good play and also a very dope midfield everything lies on the coach's instructions.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
Subzero047:
I think we have overgrown Iwobi in our midfield, I think we should try Ndidi,Onyeka and Aribo as the no 10 ,he plays there regularly for his club anyway

Ndidi as No 10.

If you're the Coach, you'll ruin Super Eagles

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Ndidi as No 10.

grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
sheyishemba:

Emeka the dude Don improve ...he will be an asset to the team...the dude can successfully walk into a relegation-bound or mid table team in laliga...he has the charisma to be a midfield generalissimo...but he needs to keep his head up and continue to work harder...he had a very good season with alacron despite the fact they had ekuke players...let's hope he will do well with huesca this season...at least he has made improvement in his career and he is playing but let keep our options open in the midfield position...I really want eagles to set a message to Africa and the whole at large in this afcon...the midfield is actually our problem and of course a clueless coach and sport administrators cry
The bolded is the real issue
Even rohr does not know that the midfield is the problem of SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Ike Ugbo to Genk coming under hijack threats from Olympique Marseille who have indicated interest in the Striker.

If I were Ugbo, Ligue 1 would be my destination over the Belgian league if OM really firm up their interest.

Time will tell.

Dude should go to Marseille me I am even praying Dessers rumoured move to Spain works out sef

Genk with their greed should be left alone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Ndidi as No 10.

Read carefully, he said Aribo, not Ndidi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Meanwhile who has pics of d stadia to use in d upcoming afcon...cos me dey always fear oda countries pitches including ours;except d northern part of Africa;

Make e no b like say na potato pitch we will b watching smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
More on the Ike Ugbo story.

Had his medical scheduled for today, which was cancelled after Olympique Marseille entered negotiations with Chelsea.

They have offered 5m, 1.5m more than Genk. Marseille are more desperate for a striker as they also have Sörloth on their shortlist.

Ugbo has asked for time to reflect on his options.

An 11th hour hijack is not good news.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Ndidi as No 10.

Read it again, he said Aribo as 10 not Ndidi
Ndidi is a 4

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
elyte89:
Meanwhile who has pics of d stadia to use in d upcoming afcon...cos me dey always fear oda countries pitches including ours;except d northern part of Africa;

Make e no b like say na potato pitch we will b watching smiley

They are top quality stadia
1. Where Nigeria will play all her games (group D)
2. Group E
3. Group C

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

100% confirm that Lorient rejected that offer for Moffi.

However, it wasn't Bordeaux that made the bid, Nigerian media spinned the report.

Very likely an English club.

Atletico Madrid and Atalanta emissaries were at the Lorient - Monaco game. They were scouting Terem Moffi.

Might not be an English club after all.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
Philosopher1979:

You're truly a Philosopher.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 1:36am On Aug 19, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Where we go come keep chukwueze, Onyekuru them?. Make them go dey fry beans grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:58am On Aug 19, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Front 3 would be way too imbalanced. Who will hold width? Who will drift in? Who will create if all 3 are interchanging?
All three aren't great dribblers too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:01am On Aug 19, 2021
charlesemeka85:
midfield dictator or no midfield dictator Nwakali still hv a lot to do. Midfield dictator wey not fit play regularly for Huesca against the big bois in Spanish league is that one dictator? Abi because him na dictator for alcoron which is one of the worst teams in the league last season made him to deserve a mention for such role in the national team? grin

A lot of national teams lack dictators and midfield general buh they still play as a unit to win games
Those teams tend to play with attacking fullbacks but you already know how baba Rohr dey do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:58am On Aug 19, 2021
edi287:

Front 3 would be way too imbalanced. Who will hold width? Who will drift in? Who will create if all 3 are interchanging?
All three aren't great dribblers too.

Okay,
Sadiq Umar will create or operate as a creative forward. (This is why i value him because of his creativity and versatility and not just the league he is in)
Taiwo Awoniyi will come in from the wings. He sometimes plays in the wings for his club
Osimhen will play as top 9 and sometimes drift to the wings
Iwobi, nwakali, eze or whoever will be in midfield to supply the passes and creativity.

Rohr can try this option in a friendly or if we qualify for the world cup
with matches to spare, he can try it in that kind of needless match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 7:08am On Aug 19, 2021
No comment

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11068) (11069) (11070) (11071) (11072) (11073) (11074) ... (16449) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), Damioduso1, victornoah(m), Hanibal(m), Sugarboyy(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.