Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,261 members, 7,925,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 03:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12286044 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11328) (11329) (11330) (11331) (11332) (11333) (11334) ... (16532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Nigeria, play tiki taka?? Brazil play tiki taka?? Nawaoo

I am sure you can read very well , so , go back and read the post you quoted but this time do it slowly without anger and emotions. Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
IDENNAA:

So, Moses Simon qualified Nigeria to the previous world cup and was dropped from the final 23man list. You will never change. I think it was just one assist admist hundreds of his usual unproductive dribbles and terrible set pieces....continue but na you go cry

He was dropped due to injury though.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
As regards "pull out" go watch that highlight when Basco drop.

That comment on kick around was based on the notion that they park bus. I would like to watch the full match again, esp second half.

Odunayaw:
Oga Joe, na pull out you de call defence splitting pass? The CAR got through on goal because the agbado players that were in front of him couldn't use their sense.

You're saying they should kick around but some here would label it as lack of urgency. The more you analyze the game the lesser accusations you could give Rohr for the loss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2021
cheesy
Odunayaw:
Certainly not. It was inshallah for them. Sierra Leone were what you'd call ambitious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
Will still prefer Chuks starting to Moses Simon though

Ejuke and Kalu can battle it on the left then on the right Chuks over moses Simon and should we get Lookman moses Simon should be dropped from the team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2021
Cameroon scores!

yeye keeper

CAM 2-0 MOZ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2021
Malawi 0-3 Ivory Coast

Ivory Coast pulls a convincing away win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
Joebie:
Malawi 0-3 Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast pulls a convincing away win.
Team wey Sabi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nostradamus1:

Where do u have problem?

That he is an attacking or that he can create?

When was the last time Musa had a goal or assist the super eagles??

Bringing him on wasn't even the issue.. The issue was taking Aribo off for him,thereby rendering the midfield more porous... Perhaps if he invited an extra midfielder to replace Iwobi, we won't have been so clueless yesterday..

It really beats my imagination why you keep defending the man . He's been in charge for 5 years! That's enough time for him to stamp his ideas and tactics into the team...His inshallah ideas and tactics...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
Cameroon makes it 3!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
Wow, look at these teams just scoring against these minnows. Teams wey players like Osimhen and Iheanacho are supposed to pad their national goal records.

We are going to be in for a very rude awakening. You haven't seen anything yet from Rohr.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
what a miss! should have been 4 now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mozambique pulls one back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 6:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
Lets just get ready to face any of these sides In the knockout phase
Senegal
Algeria
Tunisia
Morocco
Egypt/CIV will leapfrog us from top 5
, i.e if we qualify sef, Fifa is surely dropping us outta top 5 with all these yeye struggling games against minnows
Against Lesotho meagre 3-0
Against Sierra Leone struggle 4-4
Against Liberia meagre 2-0
Against Cape Verde lucky own goal 2-1 win
Against Motor CAR stupidly shameful defeat

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
I used to defend Rohr but I have had my reservations about our pattern of play. No crosses or purposeful passing. No synergy in this team and it has been 5 years. I have been watching other African teams and I believe we have decent players but are so disjointed that they are a pain to watch a times. Even if we can not play attractive football at least play the basics.
I am not pissed we lost which can happen to any team but the fact that we have no identity and pattern is really disturbing. I believe it is time for Rohr to bow out.
People using salary as an excuse do have a point but the coaching is so poor that there is not much to be desired.
I wonder if Bruno Metsu is still available to coach. That would be a better replacement.
For Rohr, I do expect anything better afrom the SE anymore.
If we take this attitude to any major tournament the I am sorry to say we will be beaten black and blue.
No aspect of the team is working presently and that should worry true SE fans.
I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
humility33:
Will still prefer Chuks starting to Moses Simon though

Ejuke and Kalu can battle it on the left then on the right Chuks over moses Simon and should we get Lookman moses Simon should be dropped from the team
Same Simon will play for club and play very well.
I am beginning to point fingers at our coaching system

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sportilitica:

Same Simon will play for club and play very well.
I am beginning to point fingers at our coaching system

Bro it wasn't the coach that stopped him from delivering decent crosses yesterday and against cape verde

His crosses are so poor for a winger in all honesty
We wont go far in major tournament from such set pieces

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sportilitica:
I used to defend Rohr but I have had my reservations about our pattern of play. No crosses or purposeful passing. No synergy in this team and it has been 5 years. I have been watching other African teams and I believe we have decent players but are so disjointed that they are a pain to watch a times. Even if we can not play attractive football at least play the basics.
I am not pissed we lost which can happen to any team but the fact that we have no identity and pattern is really disturbing. I believe it is time for Rohr to bow out.
People using salary as an excuse do have a point but the coaching is so poor that there is not much to be desired.
I wonder if Bruno Metsu is still available to coach. That would be a better replacement.
If we take this attitude to any major tournament the I am sorry to say we will be beaten black and blue.
I rest my case

Bruno metsu shocked shocked? Na from grave he wan come coach us? Abi him don resurrect?...or is there another Bruno metsu aside d one that led Senegal to quarter final 2002?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
Why do I have the feeling Onyeka was responsible for the goal we conceded?
If need had held his ground and not launch in only to be looped, the player would not have made the forward pass behind Ekong and Balogun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bruno metsu died 7yrs ago na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sportilitica:
I rest my case
Bruno Metsu!!!
May his soul continue to rest in peace.
He was magical with the teranga lions.
There are still quality coaches out there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
owbabs:
Why do I have the feeling Onyeka was responsible for the goal we conceded?
If need had held his ground and not launch in only to be looped, the player would not have made the forward pass behind Ekong and Balogun.

Bro how can an unknown striker race pass to albino so easily...a typical 9ja born and bred defender go clear that guy leg before e enter box 18
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
Ppogbae:
Wow, look at these teams just scoring against these minnows. Teams wey players like Osimhen and Iheanacho are supposed to pad their national goal records.

We are going to be in for a very rude awakening. You haven't seen anything yet from Rohr.

Wow..u still dey support rohr grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2021
minfelix:
Senegal
Algeria
Tunisia
Morocco
, i.e if we qualify sef, Fifa is surely dropping us outta top 5 with all these yeye struggling games against minnows

That loss to CAR still hurts me. We had that game in our hands and messed it up. I hope we don't drop out of African top 5
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sportilitica:
I rest my case

We can get some major Rich men like otedola or our former footballer s like femi Martin's to pay him off and then sack him. Some if our former stars are millionaires.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
Philosopher1979:

We can get some major Rich men like otedola or our former footballer s like femi Martin's to pay him off and then sack him. Some if our former stars are millionaires.

The federal government through the ministry of sports can offset the bills self...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nostradamus1:

The problem is that he is not in top form atm.

We should be going for Olise, Ejaria and ESE. This are clear AM that has performed near top at least
I don't fancy us getting another 10. Iwobi, aribo and kelechi is enough.
The injured guy at Antwerp, nwakali and Amoo should get a chance.
Just might ignite the fire in nwakali, who is to say?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

So if a team decides to play with a low block, do you think it is advisable to try to break them down with long balls from the defense? grin

Wa lai, this Rohr is a comedian. cheesy

Playing long balls to a low block defense is playing to their advantage. You use long balls against teams pressing you. You use long balls to exploit gaps when a team has lost shape in their defensive third.

When a team plays a tight low block, you use intricate passing to put them in disarray, create gaps, and exploit the gaps.
Based on the invited players, what would you have done diffrently ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
In the game I watched yesterday, creativity wasn't the main issue, but rather we were mostly unlucky in the box, thanks to a dogged and rugged defence. Saying creativity is the issue, is just looking for what to say. We did not play badly at all. But majority of you guys here only judge with goal and nothing else. CAR was just lucky. We can can still score them up to four goals with that same tactic. All it takes is a little more composure and seriousness in attack.

However, we must still think of new ways to destabilize a stubborn defence, especially when it is taking too long to score.
I agree with you, i would not have remove iheanacho though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
minfelix:
Senegal
Algeria
Tunisia
Morocco
We won’t drop from top 5 once we win the away game. The points are calculated by wins not score lines.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Dropped Iheanacho when he was struggling with poor treatment from Rodgers. When our players are down, Rohr tramples on them to destroy them
This one na big LIE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
elyte89:

Wow..u still dey support rohr grin grin grin

No. Read my comment again

(1) (2) (3) ... (11328) (11329) (11330) (11331) (11332) (11333) (11334) ... (16532) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.