Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,303 members, 7,894,279 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12108259 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11361) (11362) (11363) (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) ... (16446) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
seankafor:
nwakeme..to replace who bro?
Make una dey read posts twice before submission

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
It's not pessimism. Please tell me one game we have not struggled in since the start of this qualifying series.
Not two, just one that we won CONVINCINGLY. You just want to start another debate grin

Modified
Likewise, from what you and I have seen, there is no African team that should be afraid of us grin

fabyom:
How will Liberia away be a struggle with the compliment of all our players? Your pessimism these days is worrying! The CAR defeat does happen even to the best teams in the world!
Note:
From what I have seen over this weekend, I don't think there is an African team the Super Eagles should be afraid of.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
samtol4:
Looking at the World cup African qualifiers table, I wonder how Cameroon & Ivory coast were paired in the same group. Ghana and South Africa are in the same group. Burkina Faso & Algeria are in the same group. Then look at Group J
Tanzania
Benin
DR Congo
Madagascar
Can someone explain this? This may be denied the best teams to represent Africa

DR Congo were very good some years ago. It helped them have good rankings. In the past three years, they have been performing poorly. I takes time for the rankings to rectify itself, but currently, they are stil ranked top 10 in Africa even when they shouldn't be.

Cote d' Ivoire have been unlucky with rankings since they won the AFCON.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I am giving my point by seeing a 34 year old gervinho on that ivorian starting 11, i guess you cant comprehend .

My post is for people who knows football, because if you do you wont be asking nwakaeme to replace who

Is any of samuel kalu or moses simon better than nwakaeme ?? answer this first

Gervinho is a long standing member of the Ivory coast team. Who also has experience and tonnes of caps on his belt. He will always get invited by their coach as long as he's fit , available for selections and not retired from the team. He's like what Musa and Ighalo was before he retires from the team. No matter what anyone says, those two would always get invited as long as available and not retired no matter what anyone says.

Don't compare Gervinho to Nwakaeme abeg. The circumstance for both of the aren't the same.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Joebie:
It's not pessimism. Please tell me one game we have not struggled in since the start of this qualifying series.
Not two, just one that we won CONVINCINGLY. You just want to start another debate grin

Modified
Likewise, from what you and I have seen, there is no African team that should be afraid of us grin

We haven't struggled against any team since this qualifiers started baba. We have just been too wasteful.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
You know some of the reasons why the team struggled in some of the matches, I am not in the position to tell you what you know/glaring to the eyes.
The most important is that the team was able to overcome those challenges and are still topping the group.
As I said, I don't see any African team posing a threat to our world cup qualifications.
My sight is not on minnows like Liberia and Cape Verde!
Joebie:

Modified

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
timay:

Gervinho is a long standing member of the Ivory coast team. Who also has experience and tonnes of caps on his belt. He will always get invited by their coach as long as he's fit , available for selections and not retired from the team. He's like what Musa and Ighalo was before he retires from the team. No matter what anyone says, those two would always get invited as long as available and not retired no matter what anyone says.

Don't compare Gervinho to Nwakaeme abeg. The circumstance for both of the aren't the same.

I guess all the super eagles players are long serving members

Nice one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
grin
JohnBullMySon:
We haven't struggled against any team since this qualifiers started baba. We have just been too wasteful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
Believe whatever you want to believe. I no get time for back and forth. Time will tell wink
fabyom:
You know some of the reasons why the team struggled in some of the matches, I am not in the position to tell you what you know/glaring to the eyes.
The most important is that the team was able to overcome those challenges and are still topping the group.
As I said, I don't see any African team posing a threat to our world cup qualifications.
My sight is not on minnows like Liberia and Cape Verde!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Joebie:
grin
Go and look at the difference in possesion and tell me where the struggle was. Unless what you mean is wasted scoring chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
oga there is no point arguing.. I no dey put my mind for this team under Rohr.
Many of our hearts here will be broken sooner or later.

JohnBullMySon:
Go and look at the difference in possesion and tell me where the struggle was. Unless what you mean is wasted scoring chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I guess all the super eagles players are long serving members

Nice one

He has a strong point... Gervinho and Nwaekeme case aren't the same... I've told you the same thing before when u mentioned Brazil going to the world cup with players from China...

Some players have been long time members of their national team and they perform there such that it doesn't matter which league they move to later..they will still get called up to the national team, as long as they are performing there...
Nwaekeme undoubtedly deserves another look in with the team though, but I won't bother much about it.. he isn't a priority...our main priority now is getting creative midfielders....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

That one self na struggle...
Under Rohr,we are making all these small countries look good... Teams that we should normally be beating with ease given our sqaud strength....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
cromz:
I hope we face the winner from this group
If we maintained our position as d fift ranked in africa .
We will definitely or likely meet d winner from this group.

Divided into two groups,
Highest ranked from 1 to 5 will face d highest from 6 to 10

Eg.
1 vs 6
2 vs 7
3 vs 8
4 vs 9
5 vs 10

We will b facing d least ranked group winner as long as we maintain our position

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
As it stands the top 5 African teams are leading their respective groups
Senegal
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco
Nigeria

One out of these 5teams will miss out on the WC fiesta, to be upset by any of the following below
CIV/Cameroon
SA/Ghana
Mali/Uganda
Tanzania/Benin
Egypt/Libya
That's my prediction, the draws will give us clear picture on which top 5 team possible be upset cool grin

It's high time FIFA start considering 3more slots to Africa...wetin una feel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
Danielnino00:

He has a strong point... Gervinho and Nwaekeme case aren't the same... I've told you the same thing before when u mentioned Brazil going to the world cup with players from China...

Some players have been long time members of their national team and they perform there such that it doesn't matter which league they move to later..they will still get called up to the national team, as long as they are performing there...
Nwaekeme undoubtedly deserves another look in with the team though, but I won't bother much about it.. he isn't a priority...our main priority now is getting creative midfielders....

My case for Nwakaeme and Gervinho is because they play for the same club ,I ain’t even comparing their situation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Napoleon55:

Divided into two groups,

Eg.
1 vs 6
2 vs 7
3 vs 8
4 vs 9
5 vs 10

We will b facing d least ranked group winner as long as we maintain our position
It will be determined by draws
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
charlesemeka85:
when they were in the 3rd abi second tier of Spanish football?

From tier 3 to Laliga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

STFU..IDIOT ,WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY WASTEFULLNESS,WHEN WE COULDNT EVEN REGISTER MORE DAN TWO SHOTS ON TARGET AGAINST CAR AT OUR BACKYARD..MUMU

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
drDoom3:

Burkina Faso is one of the best teams in Africa. It is not easy to drag first place with Allgeria in a group right now. They would probably have qualified if they were in South Africa's group, Benin's group, Mali's group, or even Egypt's group.
So Egypt, South Africa and Mali are not strong team. Burkina Faso has turn to a giant in Africa football all of a sudden.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:

Haba bros, Burkina Faso is a top African team na....no be 1-0 we struggle beat them for Afcon final?, Algeria self knows team they can humiliate na... Algeria cant mesmerize some decent west African teams like Mali,b/Faso, Benin
The person I quoted mention that Algeria will whip almost all African teams hence the mention of Burkina Faso. If Burkina Faso is a top African team then Cape Verde is also a top African team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Napoleon55:

Divided into two groups,

Eg.
1 vs 6
2 vs 7
3 vs 8
4 vs 9
5 vs 10

This isn't how it works. There will be a draw. That's why if we slip in rankings, we'll br placed in pot 2 and risk facing the likes of Algeria, Senegal and Morocco.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
minfelix:
It will be determined by draws
n u r saying we may face senegal . I don't think so. The draw has format to it ,and what I put up there is d format
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
We won’t qualify for World Cup. No be agidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Match highlights CAR vs Nigeria

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CU5ffPTA2TB/?utm_medium=copy_link

Meehn thanks for this, so This was how Ejuke "Messi-ed" CAR...he is really a chance creator..if he had released some of those passes to a free osimhen, we would have rained goals on those guys o.... whenever he is on the ball he attracts Almost the whole opposition DM/CB to himself giving room for an osimhen to a goal keeper face-off
He is a very very very big asset to d team, if he can release passes after taking out 2-3-4 opposition...make them sound am to his ears oo

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
Napoleon55:

n u r saying we may face senegal .
I don't think so.
The draw has format to it ,and what I put up there is d format

No it isn't. CAF announced that they would revert back to the 2014 format. That format entailed the placement of the ten teams into 2 pots based on rankings. Teams would then be drawn to fave each other afterwards. Go check the 2014 format.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Napoleon55:

n u r saying we may face senegal .
I don't think so.
The draw has format to it ,and what I put up there is d format

Bros the format will be arranged in a way that the top 5 teqms will be placed in pot 1 while the bottom 5teams in pot2...they will be drawn to face each other, not in that sequential arrangements u made
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

We had zero shots on target at home against CAR, is that what you call wasteful?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Subzero047:

We had zero shots on target at home against CAR, is that what you call wasteful?

I don't knw y ppu would av to lie just to make deir point. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
andrewbaba44:

My case for Nwakaeme and Gervinho is because they play for the same club ,I ain’t even comparing their situation

You need compare their situation since u advocate for Nwakeme call ups on the premise that Gervinho gets invited...... they're variables involved

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
humility33:

You need compare their situation since u advocate for Nwakeme call ups on the premise that Gervinho gets invited...... they're variables involved

You don’t rate Nwakaeme right ?

Well if you don’t rate him enjoy Moses Simon lovely football

(1) (2) (3) ... (11361) (11362) (11363) (11364) (11365) (11366) (11367) ... (16446) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, shawwal1(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.