Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,139 members, 7,887,295 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:11 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12063181 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11869) (11870) (11871) (11872) (11873) (11874) (11875) ... (16430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
ChrisKels:
Funny enough, Rohr was the major kingpin in smuggling girls into the hotel rooms. It is said that he never spent a night without a girl, so the boys learnt from him, that was why he couldn't caution them.

Rohr was the main bad egg

For real grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
Having a sex with a woman who is not your wife or a partner a day before a march will definitely affect your performance on the pitch.
It's not encouraged.

If that sex party rumor is true,
It is shameful,
disrespectful,
and completely unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
Rohr sneaking in women? I thought they said this guy wasn't receiving payments cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2021
Man city win 7:0

Life is good grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
Englandboy:
Carney chukwuemeka with an assist

Carney Chukwuemeka is what your name suggests grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ppogbae:
Rohr sneaking in women? I thought they said this guy wasn't receiving payments cheesy

When I no get money I still dey buy data grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
timay:

It's Leeds united bro, don't read too much into it.

Even a shitty Man united usually have their best results against them. grin

Same team that beat city at the ethiad with 10 men last season ?

Leeds United that Chelsea had to cheat them with a late penalty to win them 3-2 grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
Napoleon55:
Having a sex with a woman who is not your wife or a partner a day before a march will definitely affect your performance on the pitch.
It's not encouraged.

If that sex party rumor is true,
It is shameful,
disrespectful,
and completely unacceptable.

Having sex a day before match will affect your performance be it partner or anybody

Wife no go affect performance but another woman go affect your performance,no be the same thing commot for your body sad

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Having sex a day before match will affect your performance be it partner or anybody

Wife no go affect performance but another woman go affect your performance,no be the same thing commot for your body sad
It's not a laughing matter.

I did not just make up things n spills.

Psychologically,right,wrong,positive,negetive emotions plays a part in it.

To be precise,having a sex 10-12rs before a game with ur partner/wife won't have a negetive influence on a player psychologically,
but with oloshos wiould do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:06am On Dec 15, 2021
Napoleon55:

It's not a laughing matter

But you are not making sense ,can you listen to yourself

You can have sex a day to match with your wife and it won’t affect your performance but if it’s not your wife it will affect your performance,no be the same sex ?

You are making it a laughing matter bro’s

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:34am On Dec 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

But you are not making sense ,can you listen to yourself

You can have sex a day to match with your wife and it won’t affect your performance but if it’s not your wife it will affect your performance,no be the same sex ?

You are making it a laughing matter bro’s
Oga the experts have said before,even before we were born,d matter was also treated before the 2014 WC.

that u have not heard before is of no consequence.

If u like u learn,if u like don't.
Or u continue to bring d laugh on urself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37am On Dec 15, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
I did 5 quick facts on Augustine Eguavoen if anyone wants to check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k6qF1zGopM

No much info into his philosophy and playing style.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:46am On Dec 15, 2021
komekn:

I agree and disagree, but its not so simplistic.

You can be from a very poor family and yet still have strong values standards , uncompromising discipline and be diligent in all that you do.

There is need to understand that the moral and cultural norms and values in the west don't always align themselves with Afrocentric one's.

Having indiscretions with Females is not in my opinion an act of gross indiscipline. We should not use media based sensationalism to make objective and balanced judgements.

One man's minor indiscretion becomes another man's wild near fantasy based orgy.

If most men had just 1/10 of the temptations that these young boys face , from scheming , shameless and manipulative females. Then they would do a lot worse even the so called pastor among them.

I am talking from first hand experience and of things that will never get into the media.

Because you give money to older poorer siblings even your parents. If there is strong family structure with focused leading parents who have integrity, honour and righteousness as uncompromising family values, whether monogamous or polygamous. Cannot in itself lead to misplaced priority and misbehaviour on the part of the football player.

I know of highly indisciplined hooligans , literally never do wells. Who came from the most elite families in Nigeria when l was at university. Sons and daughters of governors, Major Generals and Billionaires some were drunkard's , cultists, rapist's, drug heads.

For instance, not every girl that comes from a poor family that has put herself and body up for sale.

In conclusion, poverty is not the singular Foundation for indiscipline and poor behaviour. IMO

Yes, the value standards are poor, there is definitely that.

And while I did not want to mention any names, we all are privy to the entire debacle that happened with Iheanacho thanks to his father. It is just a pointer to what was to be expected long term, because I cannot imagine such a person instilling the right values in their child when they are bereft of it.

In comparison, you can look at how Osimhen has handled himself since his breakout, and there is clearly a difference in values, and by extension, drive.

That being said, poverty in itself strips far too many people of certain core values necessary for growth.

I agree with your postulation though

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:48am On Dec 15, 2021
Napoleon55:

Oga the experts have said before,even before we were born,d matter was also treated before the 2014 WC.

that u have not heard before is of no consequence.

If u like u learn,if u like don't.
Or u continue to bring d laugh on urself.

There is nothing to learn

Try to make sense next time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:07am On Dec 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

There is nothing to learn

Try to make sense next time

There are millions of things that doesn't make sense to u yet there are true.

For instance Jesus told one scholar,
unless a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of heaven.
To the scholar Jesus was not making any sense,untill he had to listen carefully and learn.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:11am On Dec 15, 2021
Napoleon55:

There are millions of things that doesn't make sense to u yet there are true.

For instance Jesus told one scholar,
unless a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of heaven.
To the scholar Jesus was not making any sense,untill he had to listen carefully and learn.

I know you will come to religion

I Dey talk about reality you Dey talk about born again

That’s why I said you are not making sense

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:03am On Dec 15, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I know you will come to religion

I Dey talk about reality you Dey talk about born again

That’s why I said you are not making sense
Yea i know that,that's why i dived deeper so that u can leave me.

My man,nothing can be more real than being born again and Jesus matter,
Not religion,not politics,not sports,not anything.

Lets just leave it like this so u don't misunderstand me.

I hape that one day u will see a brighter light.
I know u have a good heart for it,

Have a nice sleep,

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 3:34am On Dec 15, 2021
Englandboy:
Carney chukwuemeka with an assist
Austria will grab that boy, EU countries don't joke with such opportunities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 3:42am On Dec 15, 2021
Karlovych:
Austria will grab that boy, EU countries don't joke with such opportunities.

A whole England U19 captain? We should forget about him and focus on our upcoming prospects. If he is interested, he will contact us and we won't need to chase him and his family around like Pinnick does. Take Bassey's case for instance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:10am On Dec 15, 2021
Napoleon55:

It's not a laughing matter.

Psychologically,right,wrong,positive,negetive emotions plays a part in it.

To be precise,having a sex 10-12rs before a game with ur partner/wife won't have a negetive influence on a player psychologically,
but with oloshos wiould do.
psychologically? Wey your project book? Where did you do your research?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:15am On Dec 15, 2021
Burundi, Seychelles, Mauritius & Botswana will have a Centre Referee at the 2021 AFCON.

Nigeria will have only one referee, which is an Assistant Referee, Samuel Pwadutakam.

Some of the FIFA badge referees in Nigeria can't even pass their fitness test.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:17am On Dec 15, 2021
Rohr; "I have a contract that has been broken, I am not an expert. I will allow the lawyers to do their job."

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 4:19am On Dec 15, 2021
drDoom3:

A whole England U19 captain? We should forget about him and focus on our upcoming prospects. If he is interested, he will contact us and we won't need to chase him and his family around like Pinnick does. Take Bassey's case for instance.
There are some players we just don't stand a chance of getting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:28am On Dec 15, 2021
humility33:

He knows he can't quote me on that.
All he puts up there is becausehe does not rate the Swedish league and Nigeria home groomed players

Amoo is not bad if he get the last slot for an AM after Iwobi and Aribo get picked..still not sold on Aribo yet as an AM.. we need players who can pass and give defensive split passes from midfield to attack

Alaye abeg calm down ooo,

which one be, em no fit quote you, guy dey chillax abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:37am On Dec 15, 2021
safarigirl:

Yes, the value standards are poor, there is definitely that.

And while I did not want to mention any names, we all are privy to the entire debacle that happened with Iheanacho thanks to his father. It is just a pointer to what was to be expected long term, because I cannot imagine such a person instilling the right values in their child when they are bereft of it.

In comparison, you can look at how Osimhen has handled himself since his breakout, and there is clearly a difference in values, and by extension, drive.

That being said, poverty in itself strips far too many people of certain core values necessary for growth.

I agree with your postulation though
Osimehn,Ndidi,Patoranking sold pure water in the streets of Lagos,so they know what it takes and it reflected in their careers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:08am On Dec 15, 2021
Kog45:
Osimehn,Ndidi,Patoranking sold pure water in the streets of Lagos,so they know what it takes and it reflected in their careers.

You seem not to get what she wrote

That persons that were supposed to call this guys to order, inspire and even act as checks on them being that they're now dependants on this athletes...can barely play this roles anymore some even cheer them up and applaud them at everything they does reason being they don't want to stop the flow of goodies from this players

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:24am On Dec 15, 2021
jihday:
Burundi, Seychelles, Mauritius & Botswana will have a Centre Referee at the 2021 AFCON.

Nigeria will have only one referee, which is an Assistant Referee, Samuel Pwadutakam.

Some of the FIFA badge referees in Nigeria can't even pass their fitness test.

I hope those in charge of VAR are competent enough.... African referees are not familiar with the technology enough...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 7:35am On Dec 15, 2021
ChrisKels:
Funny enough, Rohr was the major kingpin in smuggling girls into the hotel rooms. It is said that he never spent a night without a girl, so the boys learnt from him, that was why he couldn't caution them.

Rohr was the main bad egg

Source: it was said

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2021
temi1290:

Source: it was said
grin Old housewives fables

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:02am On Dec 15, 2021
Kog45:

They made it count, some others will do same and when given an opportunity, the will just be like Kelechi and co.

I know we've been having this discussion about discipline in players on this thread constantly, it comes up at least once every year and every single time I find myself being disappointed not just in the players, but in their structure.

How hard is it to instill discipline in yourself or in someone else when so much is at stake? How do you get a platform millions may never get, and behave in such a manner?

I may never understand it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:57am On Dec 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Na wa. So you saw Thijs Ligbrets, Bonfere Jo, demand women. You know more than FBI.

I was talking about our Nigerian origin home based football coaches from the NFF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2021
Danielnino00:

Joe Aribo is a defender?
He made his super eagles debut from the league one?
He has remained outstanding?

You just don't get tired..

Sorry typo will modify to Midfielder.

He made is SE call up from English League one, and has remained outstanding in the SE to date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11869) (11870) (11871) (11872) (11873) (11874) (11875) ... (16430) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EEGA and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.