Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,584 members, 7,878,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11930) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12019304 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11927) (11928) (11929) (11930) (11931) (11932) (11933) ... (16405) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:53pm On Dec 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

Akpogunma replaced with Ndah.. Midfield still very lean...

Is akpoguma injured ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Bad tackles are not the point. I am talking of tactical defending nullifying the speed and skills of players. I am talking of a whole team filled with fit players. It is not easy today as it was in the past.
it wasn’t easy in the past too, if anything strikers have it easier now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Is akpoguma injured ?
Ndah is better grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
jihday:
Ndah is better grin

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
Subzero047:
They didn't even wait before trimming all the foreign born from the list, Aribo is even lucky he is an integrated member of the squad, local coaches my ass

5naira post!!!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
jihday:
it wasn’t easy in the past too, if anything strikers have it easier now

You guys are fond of dodging a very simple point.

It is impossible for it not to be easier in the past. There is a growth in tactical defending. Unless you want to argue tactical defending in the past is better than today. You know it is not true.

There is a rise in fitness of players. Unless you want to argue that players in the past were fitter than players today. You know it is not true.

So how are you going to convince yourself it is easier today to skip past players than in the past. Logically, you know it is more difficult today.

Then you jump to easier for strikers. Does that have any relationship with the discussion? The discussion is not scoring goals. Today, tactical fluidity and understanding have increased chances.

The point is easier to dribble and show flair on the ball. It is more difficult to pull it off today. Even you know it is true.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
Is Shehu the only Moslem we have in Nigeria who plays football? So they couldn't see another northern Moslem to replace him with?

They had to waste that spot.

Make we mistake qualify for world cup make I see Shehu there. I will arrange to steal his phone and release Pinnick's nude myself— make we for rest.

What the hell

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
GoddyOra:

No surprises here except for Nwakali's call up but since we are short of quality midfielders in europe then I guess he can have a pass.
I do think the number of central strikers is a bit overkill since Osimhen would play most minutes throughout the tourney (if declared fit) hence; Awoniyi, Ighalo, Sadiq and Iheanacho will be warming the bench a lot.

Would have dropped one of the aforementioned strikers for another CM/AM and maybe dropped one of Olisa/Shehu/Omeruo for a proper right-back in the mould of Ebuehi.

All the same, the Coach/Technical crew knows best. The squad is good enough for another semi-final showing or even going as far as clinching the main thing...

Go Super Eagles!!!!

So Olise ndah no be surprise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

This is the result of an amateur that has no idea about running football becoming the lead administrator of football in the country.

It took years for Amaju Pinnick to know Rhor was leading the team no where. This is terrible.

He did okay as the NFF Chairman, he just lack the main technicality to chair a FA.
Ex footballers, coaches should be the ones to head FAs, I suggest FIFA should put this in place.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
The funny thing is Bassey is the most inform defender we have and not to include him in a 28 man list show how little he is thought of

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
I have never mentioned Nwakali here. I think this is the first time. And my take is this.

You cannot force a player to be more serious than he wants to be. We should not be using SE to help people's career. It should be the other way around. Dude is off and on and lacks drive, ambition, and hungar. He may play today, what about tomorrow? Will he be consistent? Do we need that kind of player?

No!

Let him figure himself out. Let Nacho too figure himself out. We should stop using SE to patch people if to make them feel they're doing great when they're going backwards.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
Subzero047:

Ebuehi has done much compared to Shehu or Jamilu Collins?

So why was Rohr ignoring him
Don't try to put this on Eguavon...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
kingphilip:

Regarding Ebuehi, not suggesting his inclusion but we've not really tried him out much of recent to know if he still has that same Argentina match vibe with him

Blame it on Rohr..

He was picking Shehu ahead of him... Same way he was picking Collins ahead of Aina...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
Subzero047:
The funny thing is Bassey is the most inform defender we have and not to include him in a 28 man list show how little he is thought of

He might not be in the initial 40 man list submitted by Rohr and going by the rumour of no replacement policy by CAF, maybe that's why the hand of the coaches are tied.

That's my guess sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Subzero047:
They didn't even wait before trimming all the foreign born from the list, Aribo is even lucky he is an integrated member of the squad, local coaches my ass

You are being hypocritical... Rohr was benching Ebuehi for Shehu...Same way he was benching Aina for Collins... He brought in Akpogunma,then used him a RB and dumped him on the bench.. He called Bassey and didn't give him any minutes .
Suddenly it's Eguavon that's trimming them from the squad .. Are u sure Bassey was even in the initial list? Remember the list was submitted by Rohr...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
PurpleHouse:
Is Shehu the only Moslem we have in Nigeria who plays football? So they couldn't see another northern Moslem to replace him with?

They had to waste that spot.

Make we mistake qualify for world cup make I see Shehu there. I will arrange to steal his phone and release Pinnick's nude myself— make we for rest.

What the hell

Shehu is from Sokoto he is not just any Moslem

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
kingphilip:

He might not be in the initial 40 man list submitted by Rohr and going by the rumour of no replacement policy by CAF, maybe that's why the hand of the coaches are tied.

That's my guess sha

Somebody posted the list here before and I don't think Bassey name was there..
But trust Nigerians to try to place accusations on Eguavon in the name of " local coaches are corrupt"

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
elyte89:
Well akpoguma omission to me is not surprising,besides he wasn't convincing on his debut,for shehu and musa,na politics slot,not 4 football reason..no list is perfect..I will score dis list 80% cool..it was ademola lookman non inclusion surprised me

He wasn’t convincing

How many of your super eagles players where convincing on their debuts ?

I know one of you will use that line of him not being convincing on his debut

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

You are being hypocritical... Rohr was benching Ebuehi for Shehu...Same way he was benching Aina for Collins... He brought in Akpogunma,then used him a RB and dumped him on the bench.. He called Bassey and didn't give him any minutes .
Suddenly it's Eguavon that's trimming them from the squad .. Are u sure Bassey was even in the initial list? Remember the list was submitted by Rohr...

Rohr was inviting Bassey in 23 man lists yet he can't make a 40 man list and I'm the one being hypocritical

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Subzero047:

Shehu is from Sokoto he is not just any Moslem

No wonder. He is a majority.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
Subzero047:

Rohr was inviting Bassey in 23 man lists yet he can't make a 40 man list and I'm the one being hypocritical

Oga, which one is "Rohr was inviting"?
Bassey was invited for just one international window and didn't play anything..
Don't worry, I'll dig out that 40 man list for you... They even said it's 37 man list...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2021
kingphilip:

That's my guess sha

Repeat that to yourself and see if it makes sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
PurpleHouse:
I have never mentioned Nwakali here. I think this is the first time. And my take is this.

You cannot force a player to be more serious than he wants to be. We should not be using SE to help people's career. It should be the other way around. Dude is off and on and lacks drive, ambition, and hungar. He may play today, what about tomorrow? Will he be consistent? Do we need that kind of player?

No!

Let him figure himself out. Let Nacho too figure himself out. We should stop using SE to patch people if to make them feel they're doing great when they're going backwards.

There is nothing wrong if a coach believes in a player and wants to look into sorting the challenges he is having. Especially, if the coach believes the player can serve as a valuable asset to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

Oga, which one is "Rohr was inviting"?
Bassey was invited for just one international window and didn't play anything..
Don't worry, I'll dig out that 40 man list for you... They even said it's 37 man list...

Bassey has started every match since he was invited in our 23 man list yet he can't make a 40 man list, I'll like to see your list

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
PurpleHouse:

No!

I wonder if you said this same thing when Okoye was called up from the German fourth division while posting mediocre numbers... Look at him now .. potentially our first choice at the AFCON.
Nwakali is playing a role where we are lacking options.. If he was a striker or defender,he won't be called up... But he is a midfielder that can dictate play...we need him
Just like how Rohr called Okoye from the German fourth division when we were in need of goalkeepers and Collins from the German second division when we were in need of left backs, let's see what nwakali can offer...it's a fair situation..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He wasn’t convincing

How many of your super eagles players where convincing on their debuts ?

I know one of you will use that line of him not being convincing on his debut

Smh

Shey no b d same excuse y nwaekeme wasn't invited again?... So y re u giving him excuse abi because he's a foreigner
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
PurpleHouse:
So they dropped Ebuehi for Collins? Ebuehi that Rohr went to beg, see how the same Rohr uselessed him.

No wahala.

Who told you they dropped Ebuehi for Collins ?

Collins have been making the team with ebuehi ,so why do you have to conclude that he was dropped because of Ebuehi ?

Ebuehi has been battling injuries that why he hasn’t been on the team ,if someone is to be dropped for Ebuehi it should be shehu abdulahi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
Subzero047:

Bassey has started every match since he was invited in our 23 man list yet he can't make a 40 man list, I'll like to see your list

Don't switch lanes!! Stay on the same lane you are..
You are trying to make it sound like Bassey was a regular in the Same under Rohr and Eguavon has come to kick him out because he is foreign born... SMH!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
Icon4s:

Smiles.... smiley

Oga Icon na true o. I go personally monitor Semid4lyfe this time around. I wan know wetin dey sup why he dey treat us that way. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Who told you they dropped Ebuehi for Collins ?

Collins have been making the team with ebuehi ,so why do you have to conclude that he was dropped because of Ebuehi ?

Ebuehi has been battling injuries that why he hasn’t been on the team ,if someone is to be dropped for Ebuehi it should be shehu abdulahi

Leave them..
Let them pretend as if they weren't here when Rohr was benching Ebuehi for Shehu...
They want to make it look like it's Eguavon that came to kick him out..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

Don't switch lanes!! Stay on the same lane you are..
You are trying to make it sound like Bassey was a regular in the Same under Rohr and Eguavon has come to kick him out because he is foreign born... SMH!

You know it makes no sense to say that Bassey was not included in the 40 man list that's why you are deflecting, show me your 40 man list I am waiting!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
PurpleHouse:
I said it that Bassey will dump us soon and they were yanning rubbish here. Na Why I hate black coach be this. Eguavoen has done the magic, perhaps. Except I'm proved wrong.

Na rohr submit this squad and not eguavoen

We are the one dumping bassey and not bassey dumping us ,you go tell me weda bassey go smell Italy team or England

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11927) (11928) (11929) (11930) (11931) (11932) (11933) ... (16405) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 24 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.