Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,577 members, 7,895,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 07:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12116600 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11990) (11991) (11992) (11993) (11994) (11995) (11996) ... (16448) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
joxxy01:
Imo Ekong is terrible in defense not balogun

No he is not , everything must be seen in context.

Which of our CB can do better than in him in the EPL ❓.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Nwakali is coming to camp because other players do not possess a key skill set Eguavoen needs for his strategy.

He can manage the others but he needs to see if he can get Nwakali to click because of his system.

Wow❓what key unique uncommon outstanding skill is that please That only NFF coaches can see and NOBODY ELSE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
komekn:

Lookman is a winger and he has played 8 games scored three goals in the EPL this season.

KC is a striker ,false 9 , forward player, not sure really but he can't play wing . He has played 14 games and scored 3 goals.

From the moment Ademola comes on he changes the game and gets the winning goal against Liverpool. He was outstanding beating his man Trent several times.

That's just being ,matter of fact.

Where is the supposed over hype and gassing of Nigerian origin players developed outside of Nigeria.

You are just blatantly prejudiced.

You Dey annoy me

Walahi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You Dey annoy me

Walahi
Calm down o. Your violence no de good o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You Dey annoy me

Walahi

Lol
Na una get tym.
The guy dey do this thing like Secondary school debate. Me na to read him comment and pass
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
ChrisKels:

The worse foreign born ass licker is Charlesemeka. Guy loses his senses at the mention of a foreign player. The way he worships them ehh. I remember him telling us that perennial championship underachiever like Ejaria was the best thing since bread and butter.

You should look at yourself.

You are the most rancarous , twisted, bitter leaf soup master garnished with double standard, bigotry eaten with the meat of prejudice, negative bias and lies.

That's your DNA.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
Uhmmm, you need not complain please. Let the Nff be. They announced a change of guard barely 3weeks to a tournament[quote TheGoodJoe post=108914622]I don't think announcing Peseiro as coach is a good call at all. Few weeks to the AFCON? The guys should have gone to the AFCON with the mind set that if they play well for Eguavoen, he might retain the job and keep them in the team.

Now the players will go to the tournament with the mind set that Eguavoen is not their coach.

Pinnick is such a disaster. I wonder why some people come here to defend him.
[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2021
komekn:

Wow❓what key unique uncommon outstanding skill is that please That only NFF coaches can see and NOBODY ELSE.

Eguavoen likes a midfielder that can dictate play from deep with long balls. That is a natural skillset of Nwakali.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Thank you for this

We are even yet to see the eguavoen team play yet some people are ranting just because they didn’t call up some of their favorites who aren’t even important members of the team self

I am not a fan of eguavoen but they should cut him some slack abeg ,they just want anything as far as Na foreign coach

I want a foreign coach also but not a 9th grade foreign coach like rohr abeg grin

What where they even expecting eguavoen squad to look like self

If Rohr was 9th grade the what then is Jose Peseiro a nursery school teaching assistant❓

No doubt he is willing to dance to any music his deal breakers and arrangee guys have set up for him in the NFF.

I see no progress AT ALL with this appointment it's rather window dressing to ensure the previous status quo is maintained.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
komekn:

Lookman is a winger and he has played 8 games scored three goals in the EPL this season.

KC is a striker ,false 9 , forward player, not sure really but he can't play wing . He has played 14 games and scored 3 goals.

From the moment Ademola comes on he changes the game and gets the winning goal against Liverpool. He was outstanding beating his man Trent several times.

That's just being ,matter of fact.

Where is the supposed over hype and gassing of Nigerian origin players developed outside of Nigeria.

You are just blatantly prejudiced.

I don't know the agenda you want to push but stop lying about the bold. He has played 12 games as against your claim of 8.

Secondly, in comparison to Iheanacho you have been using him to catch whatever cruise, he has played more minutes more.

Can you stop littering this thread with this one sided whatever you're bringing in here?

So because he has no contribution you chose to as well overlook the four assists that Iheanacho made?

Be balanced for once in your lifetime please

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
jasena:

Dennis is still an upcoming player at the moment, he is still down in the pecking order of current African elite players, ivory coast is coming with holands and ucl top scorer, mane, salad, wendy, aubameyang, koulubaye, riyad mahrez etc will be part of Afcon. Don't build to much expectations around Dennis Emmanuel

You can say the same of Osimhen if not our entire squad using that comparison.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You Dey annoy me

Walahi
No be only you guy.

Always twisting narratives, leaving out some facts and conjuring others.

As in eh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2021
SerVik:
I thought Ejaria's switch started the same time as Lookman? He wasn't even in the 40man list

Ejaria made his commitment over three years ago , I spoke to him personally.

But you know if the NFF don't complete the due diligence and required administrative process.

Who do you blame the player.

Not too long ago Aina had his application delayed he should have played for the SE much sooner. But somebody in the NFF by commission or omission did not submit and or delay the completed application to FIFA

I wonder why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
Guy, you must be in dreamland or another world to think Eguavoen who has not be on the touchline for ages now and the shambolic preparation would win a tea cup not even the Afcon for Nigeria.

Lets not be sentimental here.... There were better equipped and knowledgeable Nigerian coach but as usual mediocrity over merit.
forgiveness:

NFF deliberately appointed a coach before the AFCON because in eventuality Eguavoen wins it, it will be difficult to appoint a Foreign coach, this is what NFF is trying to avoid.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
MetalJigsaw:
NFF- Eguavoen Responsible On Decision To Axe Ademola Lookman From Super Eagles AFCON Squad
Owngoalnigeria

Leicester City rave of the moment Ademola Lookman has been clearer by FIFA to play for Nigeria but was dropped by interim coach Austine Eguavoen, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Lookman who has scored in his last two games for Leicester City against Manchester City and the winner against Liverpool yesterday was included in the 40 man list submitted by ex coach of the team Gernot Rohr.

The ex England international was picked by Rohr after getting the all clear by FIFA to play for Nigeria after representing England at several youth levels. He was even contacted by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and confirmed his availability for the tournament.

However new coach Austine Eguavoen opt against including him in his 28 man list for the tournament which starts in January next year for reasons best known to him according to a board member of the NFF.

” Lookman is cleared to play for Nigeria and he was even contacted on his availability in January which he confirmed. New coach Eguavoen however didn’t pick him in his squad. So it’s not our fault we did our own part in getting him cleared”, he explained.

Per a document made available to our editorial team, Lookman is the 37th name on Rohr’s list and his status was confirmed by CAF as eligible to play for Nigeria. He however didn’t make the cut after Eguavoen trimmed the squad to 28.

Local coach with local considerations and interests.

Is anyone SURPRISED.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
Odunayaw:
Yeah bro.

Have you watched him dribble at his club
If you have not, go study his heat map and verify for yourself.

His videos are on Youtube.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2021
Cucuela of Brighton was amazing today. Had a good time watching him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
Even though he was out of tune in respect to modern football, he was not a failure. He met all his given target within the five years in was in charge.
TheGoodJoe:

But white Rohr can be trusted.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
komekn:

You should look at yourself.

You are the most rancarous , twisted, bitter leaf soup master garnished with double standard, bigotry eaten with the meat of prejudice, negative bias and lies.

That's your DNA.

Lol this dirty morōn again? If stupidity was a person, one shouldn't look no further than you. Filthy imbëcile grin

What's the latest on Lookman dirty lying bãstard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
komekn:

And he committed a school boy error in giving away that penalty,

If Salah had rolled around and went dramatic he could have been punished with a red card.
Not likely in this era of VAR. If Salah attempted being dramatic, he'd risk getting a card too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Negative and conservative tactics rules Amaju Pinnick.
how do you know? Have you seen his team play before?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
komekn:

Ejaria made his commitment over three years ago , I spoke to him personally.

But you know if the NFF don't complete the due diligence and required administrative process.

Who do you blame the player.

Not too long ago Aina had his application delayed he should have played for the SE much sooner. But somebody in the NFF by commission or omission did not submit and or delay the completed application to FIFA

I wonder why

At almost 25, what has Ejaria, the chronic championship flop done with his career to warrant the NFF going all out for him? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
Truidstar:
Those hyping our players foreign born or home grown...please continue to do so and increase the volume. For those complaining and am sure were still suckling their mothers breasts; cannot recall a time when all we celebrated was how many minutes our players played. Most of our players were certified bench warmers. We have been in the football wilderness and suffered various indignities. We were called "Super Chickens" and the butt of various jokes. Now we have players that score, assist and put up man of the match performances week in week out. Let us continue to hype to the high heavens cause no one will do it for us. This is our time and lets make it loud.

There was a time Nigerian players had the accolades if being top goal scorer in Europes top league and teams.

Ikpeba prince of Monaco
Yekini the lion king of the Portuguese league
Finidi Wing wizard
Taribo the Iron gate of Inter Milan
Kanu the Magician
Okocha no intro needed
Olise our own Pogba
Mikel
Yobo

To mention just a few

Nigerian players at this time played in the top teams of Europe and were respected.

Now look at were we are

Enthroning mediocrity in self deception to say we are improving and or outstanding. These were the days of overt and blatant racism but our player's thrived and overcame to succeed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
ChrisKels:

At almost 25, what has Ejaria, the chronic championship flop done with his career to warrant the NFF going all out for him? grin
Because Nwakali got a call up from a lesser 2nd division than him cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Cucuela of Brighton was amazing today. Had a good time watching him.

This is not even his best match, he started as a LCB

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
Meliforme:

We can lift the AFCON trophy with what we have.
We are not average.
An attack that has Osimhen, Iheanacho, Chukwueze is not average.

A midfield that has Ndidi, Nwakali, Iwobi and Ejuke is not average.

I have been conducting an in-depth assessment of our players and what they can offer in juxtaposition with players from some of the African powerhouses, and i can tell you that we have what it takes to beat any team, if the coach is right with his tactics and player deployment.

Chei I don't what you have been drinking.

We absolutely do not have one world class player in our team.

However, we could win just like Zambia did some years ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
kingphilip:

Because Nwakali got a call up from a lesser 2nd division than him cheesy

Lol that Komekn boy is completely a morōn aswear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
Wow, something has happened to Grealish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ndah, Awoniyi and Noble are among the early birds in camp...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
komekn:

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2021
Meliforme:

Having Ejuke and Nwakali in midfield brings a lot of options when attacking.

Having those two will get us slaughtered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You Dey annoy me

Walahi
Lol...

The analysis weak me wahali

(1) (2) (3) ... (11990) (11991) (11992) (11993) (11994) (11995) (11996) ... (16448) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dsimmer, tikristinimi21, zicky(m), TheGoodJoe(m), Henrique99, Aeons5248(m), typicalgamer(m), cohnsoor36 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.