Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:26 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12606198 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12236) (12237) (12238) (12239) (12240) (12241) (12242) ... (16827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 10:37am On Jan 15, 2022
Disappointments are often blessings in disguise. If Ighalo and Onuachu had made the team, we wouldn't have been able to play the high-intensity pressing game that we unleashed against Egypt.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:37am On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
It's not a smuggle if you put on your tactical/analytical cap.
If you critically analyse the complimentary strengths of the Ndidi-Nwakali-Aribo combo, you will find no better balanced MF trio option in our ranks right now.

Nwakali came in for 10mins. Just 10 mins. And we almost buried that game for good when he orchestrated that sweet counter transition with Ejuke. If not for Ejuke's selfishness, we would have walked away with a clean 2-0 victory. No caps.

So it's not a smuggle. It is trying to see us open up more channels of attack that will yield an even more Commanding result.

Also, Nwakali offers passing recycling and control in the middle in terms of conduction and dictation with passes. Long or short. We would not have been out-passed by Egypt with that MF trio. It hasn't been tried but from a tactical POV, I know it's the truth.

We will also benefit from Nwakali's long distance volleys of the ball especially if Sudan packs their 18 yard box.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2022
No leave Andy. They don't seem to be considering the fact that these Sudanese will or could play "Park the bus" and sit really deep.

Well, at least I know the crew have considered this even with the same XI. I expect a good win.

Meliforme:

We will also benefit from Nwakali's long distance volleys of the ball especially if Sudan packs their 18 yard box.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
The post you quoted has your answer. So why repeat myself? grin

Nerdy the smuggler grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:41am On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I watched the game too Andy. And you are wrong. They even had 2 big chances to win the game convincingly. The stats show you might have missed some moments of that game. wink

And remember these words... "You don't just look at results alone sometimes. Even when you win, you should look at tactical and technical improvements."

Morocco didn’t impress against Ghana

I am sure you will bring out Aribo or iheanacho to accommodate nwakali grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:42am On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Nerdy the smuggler grin

Have you gotten your answer to who will be dropped?

Andy the Non-analytical grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44am On Jan 15, 2022
Funnily, both will play. Hmmm... so you still don't know who drops. Na wa. Andy the Non-Analytical. grin

And again... don't play blind. I am the only one here who have "strongly" hammered in my posts that Aribo has to start every game. Or you didn't see those ones? Why are you always blind to posts that prevents repetition? grin

And Morocco Played a powerhouse in Ghana. And did enough to get the win. It was always gonna be a battle. And they created more than the one chance you claim they had. Accept you were wrong on that. grin

andrewbaba44:

Morocco didn’t impress against Ghana

I am sure you will bring out Aribo or iheanacho to accommodate nwakali grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:47am On Jan 15, 2022
It's my birthday fam cool. I only wish for SE to spell Sudan today.

18 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:49am On Jan 15, 2022
Kog45:
I thought with Ndidi-Onyeka the pairing which I frowned at will give Nwakili more opportunities.....okay how do you see Ndidi-Aribo-Nwakili

It can also work with Onyeka but from what I saw against Egypt, Aribo should continue. He impressed me for the first time. Because in my opinion, Onyeka is the best midfielder in the SE.

I suggested that combo in my post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:49am On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Funnily, both will play. Hmmm... so you still don't know who drops. Na wa. Andy the Non-Analytical. grin

And again... don't play blind. I am the only one here who have "strongly" hammered in my posts that Aribo has to start every game. Or you didn't see those ones? Why are you always blind to posts that prevents repetition? grin

And Morocco Played a powerhouse in Ghana. And did enough to get the win. It was always gonna be a battle. And they created more than the one chance you claim they had. Accept you were wrong on that. grin

Which powerhouse be Ghana ? You guys follow name in football that’s why almost all of you where scared against Egypt

Morocco played a powerhouse in Ghana that they are far better than

Okay you will drop nacho to accommodate Nwakali cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ebuehi can play the last game

I hope we win today so players like Ebuehi , Nwakali, Uzoho ,Ajayi, and others can show their qualities in the last game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:51am On Jan 15, 2022
DrKlever:

Oh wow... Happy Birthday Man.

Now I am sure you ask for no better present than for the Super Eagles to spell Sudan today but my good man, life is much more beyond football, so I pray upon thee an even bigger present than a Super Eagles win and that is a newer chapter of great successes and awesome triumphs in all you do and lay your hands on.

Have a beautiful birthday weekend.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54am On Jan 15, 2022
DrKlever:

Congratulations. Happy birthday. May God rain blessings on you on this day and give you many years of joyous celebrations. Many blessed years ahead.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2022
Meliforme:

Nah let's leave the team for now. It would be almost wrong to single any one out after that performance. Ndidi and Joe Aribo can do all of the above. I honestly can't remember Aribo playing a long ball but I am so convinced of his baller status that I am willing to bet he is good at that also. Plus we all see Wilf sending long passes to Iheanacho at Leicester. We just need to give them our support and confidence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Which powerhouse be Ghana ? You guys follow name in football that’s why almost all of you where scared against Egypt

Okay you will drop nacho to accommodate Nwakali cheesy

I wasn't scared of Egypt. So stop yammering nonsense abeg. Where did you see my fear?
Salah was the threat and you will be a big liar if you think we didn't have to worry a bit about him.
And if you think Pedigree don't matter in African football, then you don't know the Afcon at all.

And Good God, Andy... who did this to you? So after reading "Both (Aribo and Nacho) will play", you still ask this?

Abeg I don't have time for your usual slowness to getting certain analytical points. Next you would ask if I would drop Okoye to accommodate Nwakali. Lol abeg Carry your Non-Analytical questions and Wahala go your way. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Oh wow... Happy Birthday Man.

Now I am sure you ask for no better present than for the Super Eagles to spell Sudan today but my good man, life is much more beyond football, so I pray upon thee an even bigger present than a Super Eagles win and that is a newer chapter of great successes and awesome triumphs in all you do and lay your hands on.

Have a beautiful birthday weekend.

Goosebumps! Thanks man, i appreciate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2022

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Congratulations. Happy birthday. May God rain blessings on you on this day and give you many years of joyous celebrations. Many blessed years ahead.
Thanks Prof �

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:02am On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I wasn't scared of Egypt. So stop yammering nonsense abeg. Where did you see my fear?
Salah was the threat and you will be a big liar if you think we didn't have to worry a bit about him.
And if you think Pedigree don't matter in African football, then you don't know the Afcon at all.

And Good God, Andy... who did this to you? So after reading "Both (Aribo and Nacho) will play", you still ask this?

Abeg I don't have time for your usual slowness to getting certain analytical points. Next you would ask if I would drop Okoye to accommodate Nwakali. Lol abeg Carry your Non-Analytical questions and Wahala go your way. grin

Many of you guys sha ,you no Dey among ,you never come back to thread then I think

You can insult me indirectly as usual no be today I know you so that Na your own cup of tea

See as person wan change team to accommodate him man ,at least a decent game time from the bench is very okay and we still have the 3rd game where he can start ,but no Nwakali must start grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:06am On Jan 15, 2022
DrKlever:
Doctor happy birthday

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:08am On Jan 15, 2022
DrKlever:

Happy bday doctor ,wishing you the best in life ,long life and prosperity

Super eagles to win 3-0 ,manage that as we won’t be able to spell Sudan

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2022
Na now you come rephrase abi? It didn't occur to you when you wrongly classed me with others abi as "people who fear Egypt"? grin

It's now that sense reminded you that I wasn't even here. Funny.

And listen, na you dey bring those things upon yourself. You know why? because you don't settle down to read a post well and critically understand it before you respond. Your fingers are always itching to drop a fast reply or one devoid of enough thinking.

You mentioned Iheanacho or Aribo will be dropped for Nwakali and I responded "Both will play" yet you still dey ask me if Nacho will be dropped.

No abeg, you tell me if that doesn't sound like you aren't reading or thinking through the discussions?

More like you just wanna waste my time. Put yourself in my shoes naa. grin is it fair to me?

And like I already said. A change is possible if it tactically and technically uplifts the team. It is a well researched analytical opinion.

Then I concluded in some of my posts before you jumped in, that I know the same XI will win today. Doesn't matter how... but they will get the results and they have my trust and support.

Is it not the same Aribo I analysed here before the Egypt game saying his licence to attack the box will be key for us in the tourney? Did Eguavoen not apply my analysis? Did it not yield a goal that won us that game?

Is it not I who said, Aribo must start in any MF set-up prior to this Afcon?

Abeg... I took my time to reach my analytical conclusions and we are seeing the fruit of some of it. So I suggest you also take your time to do same instead of just jumping in on posts you still misunderstand.

andrewbaba44:

Many of you guys sha ,you no Dey among ,you never come back to thread then I think

You can insult me indirectly as usual no be today I know you so that Na your own cup of tea

See as person wan change team to accommodate him man ,at least a decent game time from the bench is very okay .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:18am On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Na now you come rephrase abi? It didn't occur to you when you wrongly classed me with others abi as "people who fear Egypt"? grin

It's now that sense reminded you that I wasn't even here. Funny.

And listen, na you dey bring those things upon yourself. You know why? because you don't settle down to read a post well and critically understand it before you respond. Your fingers are always itching to drop a fast reply or one devoid of enough thinking.

You mentioned Iheanacho or Aribo will be dropped for Nwakali and I responded "Both will play" yet you still dey ask me if Nacho will be dropped.

No abeg, you tell me if that doesn't sound like you aren't reading or thinking through the discussions?

More like you just wanna waste my time. Put yourself in my shoes naa. grin is it fair to me?

And like I already said. A change is possible if it tactically and technically uplifts the team. It is a well researched analytical opinion.

Then I concluded in some of my posts before you jumped in, that I know the same XI will win today. Doesn't matter how... but they will get the results and they have my trust and support.

Is it not the same Aribo I analysed here before the Egypt game saying his licence to attack the box will be key for us in the tourney? Did Eguavoen not apply my analysis? Did it not yield a goal that won us that game?

Is it not I who said, Aribo must start in any MF set-up prior to this Afcon?

Abeg... I took my time to reach my analytical conclusions and we are seeing the fruit of some of it. So I suggest you also take your time to do same instead of just jumping in on posts you still misunderstand.

When I said many of you guys, it doesn’t mean all

Why these epistle ?

Analytical guru ,I see you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2022
DrKlever:
Happy Birthday Bro. Your wish is granted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2022
forgiveness:

I rebuke the score again oooo. Chaiii!

That must be long time ago. grin

Ghana 1963

Ethiopia 1976

Long time, but head to head is always a stronger determinant for result than form/quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2022
In English, you addressed "Many of you Guys" to me in our discussion. Meaning you clearly see me as one of the guys. You even didn't make a hint of an attempt to say "okay except you".... Tu comprends?

And the Epistle is for you Andy. I dey explain myself on why I dey enter you sometimes grin so that we would have an understanding going forward. And to also elucidate on what informs my analytical choices. Like TheGoodJoe said in his posts to me, I am indeed a researcher. It's one of my portfolios. The same energy I put into medical/biomedical research and more is the same I put into football research. It just comes easily/naturally to me. I don't even sweat it. So it's the research through eye test, analytical studies and more that informs all I say. That's the truth.

In Summary, Abeg, Dey read my posts well before you reply. Abegggg... Bikoooo... Ejoorrrr... Desoleeeee.... Pleaseeee. U gerrit?? grin

andrewbaba44:

When I said many of you guys, it doesn’t mean all

Why these epistle ?

Analytical guru ,I see you grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:33am On Jan 15, 2022
Kog45:
Ebuehi is a real cool guy with gentility.I know little about him recently through my brother ex Venezia player who dem dey roll together in Italy.

Ebuehi real nice guy who nearly shed tears when he received his late call up.
It was obvious that when he was not called the first time, the thing pain am. I like the boy. I pray he gets his chance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
In English, you addressed "Many of you Guys" to me in our discussion. Meaning you clearly see me as one of the guys. You even didn't make a hint of an attempt to say "okay except you".... Tu comprends?

And the Epistle is for you Andy. I dey explain myself on why I dey enter you sometimes grin so that we would have an understanding going forward. And to also elucidate on what informs my analytical choices. Like TheGoodJoe said in his posts to me, I am indeed a researcher. It's one of my portfolios. The same energy I put into medical/biomedical research and more is the same I put into football research. It just comes easily/naturally to me. I don't even sweat it. So it's the research through eye test, analytical studies and more that informs all I say. That's the truth.

In Summary, Abeg, Dey read my posts well before you reply. Abegggg... Bikoooo... Ejoorrrr... Desoleeeee.... Pleaseeee. U gerrit?? grin

I just siddon Dey look you grin

Mtscheew

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:36am On Jan 15, 2022
No side has lost more possession than Nigeria in AFCON.

No side has completed more tackles than Sudan in AFCON

A marriage made in heaven. (per game)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:36am On Jan 15, 2022
DrKlever:

Happy birthday bro, wish you more life
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:38am On Jan 15, 2022
Kog45:
Ebuehi is a real cool guy with gentility.I know little about him recently through my brother ex Venezia player who dem dey roll together in Italy.

Ebuehi real nice guy who nearly shed tears when he received his late call up.

He seems like a level-headed individual, who just wants to play ball and win games.

Unproblematic guy. Glad he is as he seems.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I just siddon Dey look you grin

Mtscheew

Keep looking only and then keep falling into the same mistakes.

Andy the Non-Analytical. ABF-analyst. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12236) (12237) (12238) (12239) (12240) (12241) (12242) ... (16827) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: geonyte(m), ucheo and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.