Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,866 members, 7,889,898 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12078900 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12317) (12318) (12319) (12320) (12321) (12322) (12323) ... (16437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

An insult is either sustained or destroyed not by the disposition of the one who insults but by the disposition of the one who bears it. - John Chrysostom

I read that dig by Joezinho and I felt it was unnecessary but the Goodjoe impressed it on him not to go that route.

I was sincerely hoping you'd ignore it and take it in your stride.

Obviously, you are a good guy who could keep quiet in the midst of insults and abuses but dont expect others to be like you.

In your case , you love the foreign born more than Nigeris groomed players and that will make people ignore you here. Wait until you take a different position against these foreigners and see insults supported by the moderator, himself.....lol

You see I want you to pay very close attention to the characters here.

You see Nerd , ChrisKels , IDENNAA , Icons4 and maybe TheGoodzjoe are very straightforward with our observation and assessments, without sentiments. Additionally , these monikers mentioned above have one thing in common that made them wired that way.

Your job is to find out what it is...lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

You think I won't be happy if he plays well? I will because he's a SE player. Shikena

Good, then. Let's hope Nwakali starts tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kog45:
Kai see mature response....if na my nigger Osimehn the journalist for know wetin dey....like it seems u dey craze abi go ask ya mama for house....na joke I dey o.

Sometimes, na that kain response some people need

I say Ekong for tell the journalist, "Oh, you too you were not informed? I have married O"

Osimhen for ask the journalist "Is that why we are here?"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

You think I won't be happy if he plays well? I will because he's a SE player. Shikena
A fan that doesn't happy see his team winning cos his favorite player not making the team is having mental disorder.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
You have a lot of idiots online angling to become a bully but guys like Osimhen make me proud. Hit them where it hurts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kog45:
A fan that doesn't happy see his team winning cos his favorite player not making the team is having mental disorder.

Well , the team isn't really playing well. So , we need more but we don't have "mental disorders", sir. We just want that good ol' Naija beautiful football, which the English boys doesn't have...lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

Sometimes, na that kain response some people need

I say Ekong for tell the journalist, "Oh, you too you were not informed? I have married O"

Osimhen for ask the journalist "Is that why we are here?"
Yes the question look somehow,especially to a married man cos madam dey house dey watch o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kog45:
A fan that doesn't happy see his team winning cos his favorite player not making the team get mental disorder.
uncle kog you will be tagged as one of does that aren't honest for this as Dem don mention earlier say you don dey follow bad eggs grin grin grin na observe I observe o I know want missile or atomic bomb abeg my defense know strong wink

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dem say Mendy has had a shaky match, all of una wey say Okoye dey shaky, you see, it happens to the best too.

Anyway, Malawi dey press Senegal well well

Not sure I have seen Malawi's goalie in 19 minutes, but I have seen Mendy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:
Everton is looking to interview Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard for the managerial role

Who would you guys recommend with Iwobi in mind?

Lampard, but I see them going for Rooney cause he was their former player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
uncle kog you will be tagged as one of does that aren't honest for this as Dem don mention earlier say you don dey follow bad eggs grin grin grin na observe I observe o I know want missile or atomic bomb abeg my defense know strong wink
Ha bad eggs for Super eagles thead...My man no lele na faceless forum we dey,here sometimes na cruise o...in reality we go respect ourselves wella.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2022
IDENNAA:

Obviously, you are a good guy who could keep quiet in the midst of insults and abuses but dont expect others to be like you.

In your case , you love the foreign born more than Nigeris groomed players and that will make people ignore you here. Wait until you take a different position against these foreigners and see insults supported by the moderator, himself.....lol

You see I want you to pay very close attention to the characters here.

You see Nerd , ChrisKels , IDENNAA , Icons4 and maybe TheGoodzjoe are very straightforward with our observation and assessments, without sentiments. Additionally , these monikers mentioned above have one thing in common that made them wired that way.

Your job is to find out what it is...lol
Nothing fit cure you ooo. But you left out charlesemeka85 and he shares that unnamed commonality with the rest of the others you mentioned. I still think it's your bias speaking.

As for my interventions, I truly do not like being in the position where one has to intervene between peeps here when they insult each other but if everyone here decides to go mad we won't enjoy our time here. And I used to return insult for insult but after sometime I realized it's not necessary.

Actually sometimes the yabbings makes me laugh cos as one who grew up with soldiers, yabbing was an accepted social norm for us barrack children.

The people here whose yabbing spree is not skin deep is ChrisKels and andrewbaba44. As dem yab you today, tomorrow they will laugh with you. I like that about them. A man should not keep malice.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:
Please, you people should see what a journalist is asking your player in Pre-match press Conference. A whole somebody's husband

I don laugh scatter, na bad thing to fine in this world of Sodom and Gomorrah? grin

lolzzzz what a reply

he first raise the journalist hope, then dash it with, Am married chaiii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
HT

Malawi 0-0 Senegal

More importantly

Zimbabwe 2-0 Guinea

At HT Group Standings

Senegal 5Pts
Guinea 4Pts
Malawi 4Pts
Zimbabwe 3Pts

Contrary to what the points may suggest, this is just a group of unserious teams

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

Nothing fit cure you ooo. But you left out charlesemeka85 and he shares that unnamed commonality with the rest of the others you mentioned. I still think it's your bias speaking.

On the bolded: I truly do not like being in the position where one has to intervene between peeps here when they insult each other but if everyone here decides to go mad we won't enjoy our time here. Actually sometimes the yabnings makes me laugh cos as one who grew up with soldiers, yabbing was an accepted social norm. The people whose yabbing spree is not skin deep is ChrisKels and andrewbaba44. As dem yab you today, tomorrow they will laugh with you. I like that about them. A man should not keep malice.
you definitely miss that chapter when Charles threatened him with ( if I catch you for one corner I go do you something) and he replied by telling Charles how he will set him up with meth so Charles will never make that list just clearing you on that part wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
See ehn I just watched the first five minutes of that Eguavoen video on Nigeria's footballing philosophy. In less than 3 minutes the guy was just effortlessly reeling out names - Best Ogendegbe, David Adiele, Christian Chukwu, Tunde Bamidele, Okey Isima, Muda Lawal, Aloysius Atuegbu, Segun Odegbami, Henry Nwosu. As in he carries this history in his veins. It might pass for nothing but to me it means much. Understanding the history of a thing deepens one's understanding.

Rohr was a great scout but he failed because he was short on understanding of the kind of football we play. Truth is that our footballing style has not really been formally articulated but as Nigerians we know it when we see it. Instinctively we say Ahah when we see it and say mbano when we see something different.

I've never liked local coaches for SE (perhaps because I fell in love with SE during Westerhof's stint) but from the day I watched Eguavoen's video, I became convinced that truly we would only reach the heights of world football when our own coaches us. All this white journeymen looking for a pay check, no be am

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

No difference

Fans like one and he can’t do wrong in their eyes ,that’s the difference

Dennis no come afcon no be watford fault Na him no wan go because e too stubborn

Osimhen no come afcon Na Napoli fault ,he fought them to go but he couldn’t

E be like say many people here Dey work for watford and Napoli with the way dem sabi set agenda to fit their own narrative grin

Hahahaha! I just tire oooo. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

Do you know that I was thinking of Jay Jay this morning. Guy, he had immense stamina. He used to be everywhere: deep in our half, the center, attack, left flank, right flank as in everywhere, opening up for a pass, sometimes retrieving balls, spraying passes, generally keep things going and he'd play 90 minutes. If only his end product matched his busyness on the pitch he would have been something else.

Forget it, Ejuke can't play 10 not even necessarily like Jay Jay but any 10 at all

This inverted wingers is a let down for us sort of. We have always had good crossers of the ball but since Moses left, we have struggled to find good crossers. I really do not like Ikedia type of wingers and that is how I see our current wingers.

Jayjay is my fave Eagle of all time. Some said he was all about showboating but the man played to win and those so-called showboating moves were more natural to him and those moves also saved our national asses on many occasions .

I think no nigerian midfielder have more assists in europe than jayjay,I am talking of real assist..

Mario Gomez says Okocha is his idle.. He has okocha's posters all over his room and watches 10 mins okocha clips on YouTube before every match. He says this gives him motivation.. Man is a genius.

If Ejuke plays in the middle, and hugs the ball, he will lose it time and time again..A ball hugger is bad news for number 10..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:
HT

Malawi 0-0 Senegal

More importantly

Zimbabwe 2-0 Guinea

At HT Group Standings

Senegal 5Pts
Guinea 4Pts
Malawi 4Pts
Zimbabwe 3Pts

Contrary to what the points may suggest, this is just a group of unserious teams
Zimbabwe is the worst,the team lack character.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mujtahida:

Not necessary bro. Don't thread this path please. Na man you be. Actually you fired the first salvo today when the dust raised by the messy altercation you guys had here on Sunday had already settled down. I thought you'd have let it go as a man but obviously you still nursing I'll-feelings towards and as a man I feel that it should not be so. Let's discuss football please. No need to throw brickbrats at each other.

Alright signor. Maximum Respect. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

Funny enough, I didn't even think Collins was all that bad in his role, not in the way some have said on this thread.

You are right

Collins was not the best but was not that bad on his role
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:
Dem say Mendy has had a shaky match, all of una wey say Okoye dey shaky, you see, it happens to the best too.

Anyway, Malawi dey press Senegal well well

Not sure I have seen Malawi's goalie in 19 minutes, but I have seen Mendy
Once in a while is allowed, not every single match, I go come dey have high bp whenever Okoye comes into view.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
Joezinho:

I enjoy your analysis and please let's have more of that. TheSuperNerd too is obviously great at analysis and it would enrich us all if you guys overlook your differences and discuss football. I always say na men we be. I'm sure you understand what I mean by that constant refrain. One love brotherman

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Joezinho:

Jayjay is my fave Eagle of all time. Some said he was all about showboating but the man played to win and those so-called showboating moves were more natural to him and those moves also saved our national asses on many occasions .

I think no nigerian midfielder have more assists in europe than jayjay,I am talking of real assist..

Mario Gomez says Okocha is his idle.. He has okocha's posters all over his room and watches 10 mins okocha clips on YouTube before every match. He says this gives him motivation.. Man is a genius.

If Ejuke plays in the middle, and hugs the ball, he will lose it time and time again..A ball hugger is bad news for number 10..
Ejuke skill set depicted number 10 but in reality the guy is a winger with deft touches,I rate him highly after watched his last three matches for eagles....I want to see him from the start against Equ Guinea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Joezinho:

We share similar love for Jay Jay then cos he's also my favorite.

Let Ejuke establish himself on the flanks first. Obviously he didn't play the last match because the coach wants to teach him a lesson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
I don't know what Rohr did to the players, but everytime they are asked about team performance, somebody is shading that man

Was it that bad?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2022
Joezinho:

Oga joezinho am not really happy with you cos I enjoying reading your analysis but never expected you to turn to insulting....pls you don't need it and TheSuperNerd is,a damn cool guy which you need to understand,pls let us maintain one love here no matter the situations.....yes it's a faceless forum wey we feel dey brag anyhow but guess what the bragging too is pointing less cos the forum is .faceless.

One love my man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:

It is a simple issue

Salah voted with bias, he voted blindly. You are quoting something that is talking about people voting blindly.

So, simple issue. Blind and sentimental voting over merit is not so bad now, is it?

You seem to have forgotten that Salah and Alisson have been teammates for long.. They sere together at Roma, so its normal for there to be a close bound between them.. it isn't bias..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
Danielnino00:

You seem to have forgotten that Salah and Alisson have been teammates for long.. They sere together at Roma, so its normal for there to be a close bound between them.. it isn't bias..

It is bias if you vote someone based on a personal relationship.

That is literally how bias works. He did not vote him because he was anything near the best, he voted him because they have a longstanding relationship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
dkay51:

Once in a while is allowed, not every single match, I go come dey have high bp whenever Okoye comes into view.

Getting high bp na personal matter O

Even when Enyeama was our goalie, I no wan see our net

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kog45:
Zimbabwe is the worst,the team lack character.

LOL

They just came to sign attendance, at least if they are lucky, they will not finish with 0 points
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2022
safarigirl:
House please, shebi na Mowiz be Moses person?
Mowizzy ( Mohammed Suleiman) the sports anchorman of Liberty FM,Kaduna doubles also as the chief editor of Complete sports is a very close friend of Moses Simon and Sadiq Umar ( Jololo).
He is a childhood friend of Moses Simon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12317) (12318) (12319) (12320) (12321) (12322) (12323) ... (16437) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zonofman(m), Zellas, zicky(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.