Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,396 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12033035 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12571) (12572) (12573) (12574) (12575) (12576) (12577) ... (16411) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
drDoom3:
Villareal has the most organized team I have seen in Europe this season. Their players are in a perfect formation with perfect straight lines almost 90% of the time. Very difficult for any team to penetrate them the way they play.

Chuks is becoming very direct in his game, he doesn't dribble at all again. Just pass, lay-off, run, shoot. He just needs to be a little bit more dangerous, a little bit more daring. He also needs to improve his stamina, he gasses out too early.

Might be strict instructions. It has improved his output but at the expense of his flair.

That offside goal ruled out was painful though. Inches early.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
Dem don do like 2 foul wey hard pass iwobi own but I never see red card grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
Mujtahida:

Was disappointed no Nigerian artiste performer

The host country is not Nigeria so don't expect any Nigerian artiste to perform..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
drDoom3:
Villareal has the most organized team I have seen in Europe this season. Their players are in a perfect formation with perfect straight lines almost 90% of the time. Very difficult for any team to penetrate them the way they play.

Chuks is becoming very direct in his game, he doesn't dribble at all again. Just pass, lay-off, run, shoot. He just needs to be a little bit more dangerous, a little bit more daring. He also needs to improve his stamina, he gasses out too early.

They are good ,but the most organized team you have seen? Well your opinion sha

They aren’t even the most organized in Laliga let alone Europe

But it’s your opinion so no wahala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Dem don do like 2 foul wey hard pass iwobi own but I never see red card grin

Exactly, chief. You see what I was talking about? I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories but that red card was too controversial.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2022
codemaniacs:

The host country is not Nigeria so don't expect any Nigerian artiste to perform..

But AFRICAN Cup of nations is the tournament. I thought the best across the continent should perform
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Exactly, chief. You see what I was talking about? I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories but that red card was too controversial.

Gbam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
shey una dey see wetin better goalkeeper dey do for team not to concede cheap goal and begin dey shalaye.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
Gomes is low key bummy refereeing. His only claim to fame was snitching on plateau United for attempting to bribe him. Apart from that he is a bum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

But AFRICAN Cup of nations is the tournament. I thought the best across the continent should perform

When Russia hosted the world cup mainly Russian artistes performed..

It is a time to showcase the host country's culture and art, tourism e.t.c
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Chriskels speak to your bae make she pray away every spirit of chokistan from Senegal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
codemaniacs:

You said mainly. Here, everyone was Cameroonian. In Russia, Will Smith performed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Gomes is low key bummy refereeing. His only claim to fame was snitching on plateau United for attempting to bribe him. Apart from that he is a bum.

Koulibably does not deserve that yellow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
Joezinho:
Just gonna say this, Maduka Okoye is not the problem in the SE.

He's been used as a convenient scapegoat for our clear failure in AFCON and it's not right. We lost that game because of the tactics.

The coach better start having plan B because the Ghanaians are not coming to eat banku..Two draws can see them through if more goals are scored in the return leg in Nigeria. Ghana will likely play for a draw for both games.

Our reliance on the wings , through Moses made it very easy to read us and find a tactics that will bury us.

I don't know the point of leaving Aribo and Ndidi alone in the midfield , knowing their ball carrying is poor. Eguavon should have added an extra man in the middle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
Joezinho:

How many goals is he suppose to have scored from tje midfield? Is he a top 9? Oga rest abeg..

How many games have he started all season?

You said he is an excellent finisher.

Now you say he is not a top 9.

I asked you what comparison unit of measurement you have used to come to the deduction that KC is an excellent finisher.❓❓But you have said nothing.

Salah is the top goal scorer in the EPL is he a top 9 ,or is Antonio or Jota, etc❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
Omanambala:

Our reliance on the wings , through Moses made it very easy to read us and find a tactics that will bury us.

I don't know the point of leaving Aribo and Ndidi alone in the midfield , knowing their ball carrying is poor. Eguavon should have added an extra man in the middle.

And that man is Generalissimo Kelechi Nwakali aka Jibola Adebola tongue, I guess wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Both players jumped all eyes on the ball that's never s yellow.

Egyptian player's clips Sarrs heals as he breaks with pace towards goal. Very cynical and deliberate foul but the referee bottles it.

Because it would be sending off for second yellow card.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
komekn:

How do you commend and celebrate somebody in isolation for scoring one goal in the FA cup against a Championship side that flogged them 4-1 and totally dominated them throughout the game.

You are so overcome with emotive preference and bias you cannot make a balanced deduction.

Chill. Just catching cruise. You take things a bit too deep.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

A head clash for crying out loud grin that guy is garbage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
komekn:

Both players jumped all eyes on the ball that's never s yellow.

Egyptian player's clips Sarrs heals as he breaks with pace towards goal. Very cynical and deliberate foul but the referee bottles it.

Because it would be sending off for second yellow card.

Exactly my thoughts, chief. The ref is losing control

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

A head clash for crying out loud grin that guy is garbage

grin You can say that again, Chief grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2022
komekn:

Your position is not directly linked to the attributes you have mentioned. Trent has excellent delivery on set pieces and Football intelligence and that's why from RB he has the highes assists in the EPL. No matter what position you play your QUALITY WILL SHOW.

You said his finishing, football intelligence and vision are top notch. Then why has he only scored 3 goals this season in the EPL.

He had a very good last season 2020/21 infact the best of his career. But prior to that season he had had three consecutive abysmal seasons.

I commended him for doing exceptionally well ,that the true test of his Quality will be if he can replicate it this season. We are over half way through the season and it's not looking likely.

So on what basis are your giving him all these attributes, ❓❓because there must be outcome delivery commensurate with your ability. But that is not the case HERE.

Unless you want to be preferentially emotive about KC and exaggerate his quality, you should know what you are saying is simply not true.

Now some of you will now call me hater and prejudiced, for being honest and balanced.

Where was your voice last year when Nacho was brilliant?

Wait for a dip and then start ranting.

Even Leicester Fans confess that Iheanacho has given them more than they have given him. Another player will break under such poorly treated conditions but Nacho somehow makes something with the little given.

Bench Vardy or Kane like how Rodgers treats Nacho and they might not even come close to Nacho's performance.

Give the guy credit. He is a fantastic striker.

If anyone is biased, it is you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
A good GK can make all the difference in a game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
codemaniacs:

Mainly is different from only
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
Omanambala:

Say something else please. Aribo does not have poor ball carrying abilities

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

And that man is Generalissimo Kelechi Nwakali aka Jibola Adebola tongue, I guess wink
You sabi am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
Omanambala:

Eguavoen was tactically clueless and made the Tunisians looked like they pulled off some prime Pep Guardiola high IQ masterclass. Aribo did good. His ball carrying isn't poor..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
drDoom3:

TheGoodJoe:

Chukwueze had a fairly good game, put in a good shift and was tactically sound in his game. You are just throwing statements that are far from the game.

Nice post. While people criticized Chukwueze for the Tunisia loss, I pointed out that there was a tactical shift in his game that impressed me. He worked better with the players around him.

Nice work by Eguavoen and I am glad Chuks is following up with the things he learnt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2022
This was a winnable AFCON for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
Joezinho:

Eguavoen was tactically clueless and made the Tunisians looked like they pulled off some prime Pep Guardiola high IQ masterclass. Aribo did good. His ball carrying isn't poor..

Tactically clueless and we created 13 chances while Tunisia created 7 chances. Na wa for tactical cluelessness.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Nice post. While people criticized Chukwueze for the Tunisia loss, I pointed out that there was a tactical shift in his game that impressed me. He worked better with the players around him.

Nice work by Eguavoen and I am glad Chuks is following up with the things he learnt.

He absolutely didn't

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
Referee is getting number of decisions wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (12571) (12572) (12573) (12574) (12575) (12576) (12577) ... (16411) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kingphilip(m), elyte89, DrYa, SamueItem337(m), Napoleon55(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.