Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,960 members, 7,876,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12007664 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12701) (12702) (12703) (12704) (12705) (12706) (12707) ... (16402) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

So what are you arguing? I said we should build our youth development structure.

So what is your problem?
if you like cry if players like adarabioyo,billing and eze who hv dribbled us a lot rescind their decision the nff will give them a big welcome party to the team cheesy cheesy

Someone like you will even prefer obinna nwobodo in the national team to billing

Na sentiment and bias keep 9ja the way it is today

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
The same way we ''begged'' Victor Moses that year and thankfully we have an AFCON title to show for it.

TheGoodJoe:

We did not beg. We called them to CONVINCE grin them

Pure begging.

Pinnick: Please now, play.

Olise: No.

Pinnick: Consider us now. Ah ah. We are a great side.

Olise: No.

Pinnick: What can I do for you to help you change your mind.

Olise: If you qualify for the world cup, I will go.

Thunder fire your world cup mouth. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2022
chrisooblog:
Bros how else do you want them to show this passion by getting nailed on a cross?

Balogun has suffered countless injuries playing for SE yet he's ever committed.

Aina was crying hot tears after our loss to Tunisia.

Aribo always committed as well.

Ebuehi despite not being in the original squad for 2021 afcon didn't pull diva stunts when he was called up as a replacement.

Even the local ones how can you measure their commitment and passion? Players we have to beg and pamper to show up for a match. Ordinary bench that Dennis was sitting for Moses Simon he was giving rohr attitude. Aina and Tyrone that were ignored a lot of times in favor of shehu still showed commitment to the team.

This was Aina before the call up to the Super Eagles sending his old kits to Lagos to help kids and young players.

He has a passion for us.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2022
chrisooblog:
The same way we ''begged'' Victor Moses that year and thankfully we have an AFCON title to show for it.

I don't remember us begging Victor Moses hut still he lacks genuine passion for us to the best of my understanding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Have a policy of them reaching out to us. Nathan Tella is a recent example. He made it known that he has a desire to play for us. We did not need to convince him. He is passionate for the team. We saw same with others like Balogun.

Have an open policy for them to reach out to us when they want to play for us.

Finito.
reaching out to us is applicable as same as reaching out to them as well

Those we hv in the fold today how many reached out to us? Tella reaching out to us is because he knows he is not good enough to make the 3 lions squad and doesn’t hv any cap for their cadet teams

I hv watched him severally and I bet you that if brought to the team he has nothing to offer because currently redundant kalu and underperforming onyekuru are miles better than him cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
if you like cry if players like adarabioyo,billing and eze who hv dribbled us a lot rescind their decision the nff will give them a big welcome party to the team cheesy cheesy

Someone like you will even prefer obinna nwobodo in the national team to billing

Na sentiment and bias keep 9ja the way it is today

Billing does not send a welcome party with the NFF. He has no passion for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
and those born and bred here wey no get passion for the team nko?

The likes of osimehn,Dennis and ighalo wey shun afcon she’s dem be foreign born kids?

Abi almighty jay jay and others that shunned invite for friendlies during their time in the national team dem born them for America abi?

Balogun reached out to us because he realized he wasn’t good for the German national team. Em eye open on time cheesy grin cheesy

Same goes to ekong
Thank you Charles,Stephen Keshi made a phone call to Balogun prior to 2014 WC and later played a friendly, got injured in that particular match.

Oga Charles beg or no beg,eagles need quality players to enhance our performance.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
reaching out to us is applicable as same as reaching out to them as well

Those we hv in the fold today how many reached out to us? Tella reaching out to us is because he knows he is not good enough to make the 3 lions squad and doesn’t hv any cap for their cadet teams

I hv watched him severally and I bet you that if brought to the team he has nothing to offer because currently redundant kalu and underperforming onyekuru are miles better than him cheesy

You are just talking. You do not know how Tella will fair with us.

If you have to reach out to them, they likely have no passion to play for us.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

This was Aina before the call up to the Super Eagles sending his old kits to Lagos to help kids and young players.

He has a passion for us.
akuko the same aina that it took time to accept to change allegiance to us?

Oga forget this your passion nonsense because it comes naturally when these players makes up their mind change allegiance to us

Once they accept the fact that making the snr national team of their country of birth is an uphill task they passion swifts to their second option so free this ur passion jargon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
Kog45:
Thank you Charles,Stephen Keshi made a phone call to Balogun prior to 2014 WC and later played a friendly, got injured in that particular match.

Oga Charles beg or no beg,eagles need to quality players to enhance our performance.

Balogun already had an interview where he declared his eagerness to play for us before the Keshi's call.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You are just talking. You do not know how Tella will fair with us.

If you have to reach out to them, they likely have no passion to play for us.

Finito.
I have seen him play loads of time for the saints and must confess without mincing words that he is the poorest talent wise from the bunch we re eyeing currently

Make em shine wella from now till the end of season with truck loads of goals and assist and England calls him up mk I see am decline the call up cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
akuko the same aina that it took time to accept to change allegiance to us?

Oga forget this your passion nonsense because it comes naturally when these players makes up their mind change allegiance to us

Once they accept the fact that making the snr national team of their country of birth is an uphill task they passion swifts to their second option so free this ur passion jargon

I am not against them wanting to represent their home country. England is still their home. I want those with passion to play for us.

When Aina was ready, he came but we already knew he had a big passion for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2022
Balogun never reached out. Leon himself confirmed Keshi called him up to ask him if he would be willing to play for SE. Vicmo was definitely spoken to as well before he decided to rep the GWG. Reaching out doesn't mean you will be perpetually going after a player if he says no. It's about letting them know that if they change their minds the door is always open.

Tobias that initially said yes changed his mind heaven didn't collapse. Lookman that categorically said no he's now in the fold.

TheGoodJoe:

Have a policy of them reaching out to us. Nathan Tella is a recent example. He made it known that he has a desire to play for us. We did not need to convince him. He is passionate for the team. We saw same with others like Balogun.

Have an open policy for them to reach out to us when they want to play for us.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
I have seen him play loads of time for the saints and must confess without mincing words that he is the poorest talent wise from the bunch we re eyeing currently

Make em shine wella from now till the end of season with truck loads of goals and assist and England calls him up mk I see am decline the call up cheesy

Let him be the poorest. He has the passion to play for us. Than giving red carpet to Maradona that has no passion to play for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Billing does not send a welcome party with the NFF. He has no passion for us.
akuko then wait mk em ring pinnick to say he wish to switch to us mk u see if em no go be in the team before the World Cup cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Let him be the poorest. He has the passion to play for us. Than giving red carpet to Maradona that has no passion to play for us.
passion and dedication no go replace talent if a player is deficient of that oooo cheesy

If u like carry national team matter for head if u good u good cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
chrisooblog:
Balogun never reached out. Leon himself confirmed Keshi called him up to ask him if he would be willing to play for SE. Vicmo was definitely spoken to as well before he decided to rep the GWG. Reaching out doesn't mean you will be perpetually going after a player if he says no. It's about letting them know that if they change their minds the door is always open.

Tobias that initially said yes changed his mind heaven didn't collapse. Lookman that categorically said no he's now in the fold.

Balogun did an interview before the Keshi call. It was even posted here. I just don't have time to start digging.

We had talked about it before the Keshi call.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
passion and dedication no go replace talent if a player is deficient of that oooo cheesy

If u like carry national team matter for head if u good u good cheesy

It is better than talent without passion and dedication
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

He has a passion for us.
Lol. Ebere Eze has been doing the same. Same guy we have been on his matter for 5 years grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Balogun already had an interview where he declared his eagerness to play for us before the Keshi's call.
akuko ala cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2022
chrisooblog:

I am not against anyone that wants to delay. The European teams are still their home country. I Said, keep an open door and let them reach out when they are ready.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2022
Sey na passion we dey abi international titles?

Funny thing is a ''passionless'' Victor Moses was our best player in the last decade apart from Mikel.

TheGoodJoe:

I don't remember us begging Victor Moses hut still he lacks genuine passion for us to the best of my understanding.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
dkay51:

Wait...is Rohr still in Nigeria this one he has time to be commenting on any and every issue concerning Nigeria.

How many issues has he commented? He has right to be concerned over his ex player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Lol. Ebere Eze has been doing the same. Same guy we have been on his matter for 5 years grin

When he is ready, let him reach out. Stop the red carpet treatment. I have nothing against him. He is not ready.

Invite those that have reached out.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
Kog45:

Oga Charles beg or no beg,eagles need to quality players to enhance our performance.
my brother I want the very best we can boast of for the team both local and foreign bred

I no follow for those wey bias,emotion and sentiment don becloud their sense of judgement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
Alaba that recently donated outdoor toilets nko no be passion be that? grin

JohnBullMySon:

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
chrisooblog:

Funny thing is a ''passionless'' Victor Moses was our best player in the last decade apart from Mikel.

You guys make funny comments. What of Emenike, Ambrose, Onazi, these guys were pillars to our success then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

When he is ready, let him reach out. Stop the red carpet treatment. I have nothing against him. He is not ready.

Invite those that have reached out.

Finito.
we will continue to reach out to him and other until they are capped by their country of birth cheesy

Next stop for us is udinese’s destiny udogie cheesy

If u wan die die cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
chrisooblog:
Alaba that recently donated outdoor toilets nko no be passion be that? grin

Has anyone doubted Alaba's passion for Nigeria?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
chrisooblog:

moses wey at a point started skipping games with excuses that he is injured cheesy

One of the most unpatriotic players I hv witnessed play for the super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
Where were Emenike, Ambrose and Onazi when Ethiopia almost stopped us getting out of the group stage? Moses was a very integral player for us passion or no passion

TheGoodJoe:

You guys make funny comments. What of Emenike, Ambrose, Onazi, these guys were pillars to our success then.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
The Dennis we all hail today fell out with rohr just because kalu and others were keeping him on the bench and for that reason skipped afcon

My goodjoe I think Dennis deserves to be expelled from the team because he is not passionate at all cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12701) (12702) (12703) (12704) (12705) (12706) (12707) ... (16402) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: slimthugchimee2(m), mank1234(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.