Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,496 members, 7,874,971 topics. Date: Friday, 28 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11995428 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12723) (12724) (12725) (12726) (12727) (12728) (12729) ... (16396) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:32am On Feb 26, 2022
Subzero47:

You see I'm not like you that will find any excuse to slander any player I hate, any body with two eyes that watched his match yesterday knows he played well

Can you please state the players according to you that I HATE and give your reasons for your conclusion.

And if you have to quote me please do it verbatim "my exact words" not your perception or assumptions please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Anthony Nwakaeme has to go down as one of Nigeria's greatest in Europe.

Just took Trabzonspor to within 16 points of a first title in about 50 years, with a goal, assist, 8 chances created and 6 dribbles.

From two goals down.

Possibly one of the greatest in his club maybe on this backwaters league.

But now you are going OTT with the hype, if he is so good why has he remained in Turkey ❓

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:40am On Feb 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

On the basis of him playing in the premier league or what?

See screenshot below.

Nuff Said can't argue with goals and goals scored in the EPL.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:42am On Feb 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

On the basis of him playing in the premier league or what?

See screenshot below.

Nuff Said can't argue with goals and goals scored in the EPL.

For those transfixed with the player definition , you will notice there is only one bonafide Striker in the list, Jamie Vardy.

Food for thought.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2022
daveP:
lacazette style!! It will help him. If he has pacy wingers, it will be a good one. But gradually with time

Lacazette is versatile and technically astute, he also use to be a Winger. And if s not your traditional type striker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:45am On Feb 26, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Number one you are capping with the arrangements

Number 2 You are putting osimhen there but ignoring Tammy Abraham and Lautaro Martinez from same seria A

So osimhen has better form than Haaland and mbappe so far ?

It’s well grin

When you don't agree with this OTT over hyping, you are called a HATER.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:48am On Feb 26, 2022
komekn:

Possibly one of the greatest in his club maybe on this backwaters league.

But now you are going OTT with the hype, if he is so good why has he remained in Turkey ❓
I have told you this before,his age is the reason why he is still in Turkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbAStpv6P7M

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:53am On Feb 26, 2022
drDoom3:
Sadiq almost dragging his team singlehandedly to La Liga. Scored one and created the other two from scratch.

Sadiq is doing very well in this far from competitive league Segundo division.

After all his failings he is s doing very well he is number 5 in the goal scoring chart's . After all the opportunity he has had in better leagues where he was essentially very poor, maybe this is his level. This is his second season in the Segundo division.

Can he step up to a more competitive league , and be outstanding ❓only time will tell.

As for his performances in AFCON they were abysmal and an embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:00am On Feb 26, 2022
zuchyblink:

He has been in Europe for 12 years , why do you say it's his age ? He is 32 now .

Aubemyang is how old and has just gone to Barcelona and had already within a week or so scored a hatrick.

I have to admit the guy looks over 40 and we know the African penchant for age falsification.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2022
yinkeys:

Current form
Under 25 top 9 in Europe
From top to bottom
Vlahovic
Osimhen
Haland
Mbappe smiley

The screen shot below is for just Seria A and it includes players under 25. He is not within the top 9 of Seria A talk less of Europe.

Where are you getting these ideas from.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:26am On Feb 26, 2022
komekn:

He has been in Europe for 12 years , why do you say it's his age ? He is 32 now .

Aubemyang is how old and has just gone to Barcelona and had already within a week or so scored a hatrick.

I have to admit the guy looks over 40 and we know the African penchant for age falsification.

Oga Nwakaeme is a late bloomer

Stop comparing Nwakaeme and Aubameyang abeg

No be everybody go be world class player

You are not making sense ,rather you are attacking Nwakaeme somehow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:30am On Feb 26, 2022
komekn:

Can you please state the players according to you that I HATE and give your reasons for your conclusion.

And if you have to quote me please do it verbatim "my exact words" not your perception or assumptions please.

Can you state you like me?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:35am On Feb 26, 2022
zuchyblink:

Brilliant clip. Love the way Nwakaeme hugs the touch line.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 10:52am On Feb 26, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Name 3 Nigerian greats in Europe.

Okocha wasn't.

And tell me another instance where I've used the term great.

Nwakaeme is not even up to Utaka that fired Montpelier to a league title not to talk of greats like Kanu, Yakubu, guy dey calm down grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 10:53am On Feb 26, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Name 3 Nigerian greats in Europe.

Okocha wasn't.

And tell me another instance where I've used the term great.

Wait Okocha wasn't a great but Nwakaeme is

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:55am On Feb 26, 2022
Subzero47:

Nwakaeme is not even up to Utaka that fired Montpelier to a league title not to talk of greats like Kanu, Yakubu, guy dey calm down grin

I like Nwakaeme so much

But that my guy you quoted is capping big time grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:55am On Feb 26, 2022
komekn:

my problem with some of you is that you don't explore different factors while analysing sports. Aubameyang was born in Europe and started with the top leagues while Nwakaeme started with the low leagues. Nwakaeme is a late bloomer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 10:58am On Feb 26, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I like Nwakaeme so much

grin Na the same guy that said Dessers is the best striker he has ever seen, I need the number of his dealer grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03am On Feb 26, 2022
zuchyblink:
my problem with some of you is that you don't explore different factors while analysing sports. Aubameyang was born in Europe and started with the top leagues while Nwakaeme started with the low leagues. Nwakaeme is a late bloomer.

You need to wake up and stop this, pity me please mentality.

When I go to a Club head of recruitment, l don't say to him , you need to treat my player differently from everybody else.

You know things are very tough in Nigeria, he didn't get the opportunity to train with good coaches, lived in abject poverty and had stunted growth. So please pardon his failings and sign him please.

That's essentially what you are saying.

All the club is interested in is one question, can you perform with quality ,that's all .

So stop this nonsensical narrative, you personal circumstances are not relevant but your performance is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:08am On Feb 26, 2022
komekn:

My comments are in the context of the proposition made by TheLoneCitizen which l responded to.

"Anthony Nwakaeme has to go down as one of Nigeria's greatest in Europe"

Appreciate my comments in context and this HATE narrative is becoming over used and infantile.

Lol don’t take such comment serious nah , Nigeria greatest bawo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:34am On Feb 26, 2022
Rangers coach with nice words about Calvin Bassey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii8HQ21B5LM

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2022
komekn:

The screen shot below is for just Seria A and it includes players under 25. He is not within the top 9 of Seria A talk less of Europe.

you should try goal per minute ratio let's see and how many games has Osimhen play compare to others that you want him to be in top ten

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 11:50am On Feb 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:50am On Feb 26, 2022
maidaboi:
you should try goal per minute ratio let's see and how many games has Osimhen play compare to others that you want him to be in top ten

Statistics are at best indicative and can be manipulative as well.

Unless there is a empirical theory that says the more minutes you play the more goals you will score.

Goal per minute ratios are just academic dribbling and labyrinthine noise making. It serves no purpose than to muddy the waters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2022
komekn:

Calm down ,he is easily top 5 at seria when it comes to players under the age of 25

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2022
komekn:

My comments are in the context of the proposition made by TheLoneCitizen which l responded to.

"Anthony Nwakaeme has to go down as one of Nigeria's greatest in Europe"

Appreciate my comments in context and this HATE narrative is becoming over used and infantile.

what are we talking about if he is not performing? The guy is performing and he is making headlines week in week out in Turkey. Your narratives are always bias and fallacious. If you are good you are good. The present Nwakaeme is good and deserves a call up. From your points players that did not play in Europe top leagues were not good enough but they outperformed our top players in Europe. Rainford Kalaba outscored Okocha in International football,Hossam Hassan,Ahmed Hassan,Weal Gomaa,Gedo, Aboutrika,Hosni all did better than most of our top players that played in Europe. If you are good you are good. Rating players according to the league they play is bias and fallacious

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
Longneck:
Heard eguavoen wants to invite 5 npfl players

https://www.nigfooty.com/2022/02/coach-eguavoen-to-execute-ghanas.html?m=1
That's good. I will like to see the likes of Oladapo, Mbaoma, Nwabali,Ojo and more

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
I always believe in hardwork and merit being rewarded. If somehow Nwakaeme gets invited to the SE there will surely be no objections on my part.

andrewbaba44:

I like Nwakaeme so much

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
zuchyblink:
what are we talking about if he is not performing? The guy is performing and he is making headlines week in week out in Turkey. Your narratives are always bias and fallacious. If you are good you are good. The present Nwakaeme is good and deserves a call up. From your points players that did not play in Europe top leagues were not good enough but they outperformed our top players in Europe. Rainford Kalaba outscored Okocha in International football,Hossam Hassan,Ahmed Hassan,Weal Gomaa,Gedo, Aboutrika,Hosni all did better than most of our top players that played in Europe. If you are good you are good. Rating players according to the league they play is bias and fallacious

Wael gomaa Issa beast

Ahmed Hassan played in Europe mostly than the Egyptian league ,I think he wasn’t even born in Egypt

Rainford Kalaba Na bang average player ,out scoring okocha or not ,besides it’s 1 goal difference and he has more caps than jay jay so I won’t call that out scoring
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2022
zuchyblink:
Rainford Kalaba was scoring in cosafa castle cup while JayJay was scoring in Afcon know the difference bro. Before CR7 na one Iranian be the highest goal scorer for NT, does it mean he’s better than Brazilian Ronaldo?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12723) (12724) (12725) (12726) (12727) (12728) (12729) ... (16396) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), justvictor57(m), Subzerooo, M7even(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.