Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,027 members, 7,966,783 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12532609 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13021) (13022) (13023) (13024) (13025) (13026) (13027) ... (16743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
charlesemeka85:
wow! Good time for him to join Barca

Barca in Ecuador?? No way Fat Emekus. Huge downgrade. Dem suppose stone you for this callous suggestion. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2022
Odunayaw:
Only fellow racists like you will salivate at this post

Football tradition and culture isonu. If I ask you what they are now, you'd go mute.
Your fellow totiye Eguavoen was there singing like a canary about 94 94! When it came down to it, he was left where he should be — in 20th century discussion
The good thing is that you're not going to the world cup despite your infantile rants. You will sit your ass down and watch the world cup like Seychelles and Mongolia.
In 4yrs, rinse and repeat what made you fail this time and see if you will get a different result. Mumu man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Omo all dis 1994 set just dey misyarn trash throwing blames up and down and trying to sweep everything under the carpet, without mentioning thier friends who mounted the bench and can't figure out changes in tactics of an opponent till a player alerted them now dey are rallying around oliseh for the job person who jointly put us in This goal keeping mess, starting it by displacing our number one while clueless rorh bulit on it by bringing ekukes grin grin grin if I see oliseh near the national team again the person that appointed him should be floged for trying to cause total vawulence in our national team as oliseh is a grand patron in vawulence community man got no chill and man managemen skills wink give us a good foreign coach or stick to amunike the best we have locally with free hand to work and choose his back room staffs and list of player's wink

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
Barryseal:

The good thing is that you're not going to the world cup despite your infantile rants. You will sit your ass down and watch the world cup like Seychelles and Mongolia.
In 4yrs, rinse and repeat what made you fail this time and see if you will get a different result. Mumu man.
You sound like you typed this amidst hot tears grin

"Local born" players still didn't qualify in 2006. What say ye about that?

See him foaming out the mouth with the "entire back four were foreign" like that's the reason we're not at the world cup.

Lazy minded fellow

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
Odunayaw:
Only fellow racists like you will salivate at this post

Football tradition and culture isonu. If I ask you what they are now, you'd go mute.
Your fellow totiye Eguavoen was there singing like a canary about 94 94! When it came down to it, he was left where he should be — in 20th century discussion

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Odunayaw:
You sound like you typed this amidst hot tears grin

"Local born" players still didn't qualify in 2006. What say ye about that?

See him foaming out the mouth with the "entire back four were foreign" like that's the reason we're not at the world cup.

Lazy minded fellow
You must be a small boy in 2006 so I will pardon your ignorance. Local players or whatever nonsense you call them weren't responsible for 2006.
Jay Jay Okocha your legend was the reason for that failure. He picked and choose matches to honour, he preferred staying out in Bolton.
People like you with zero knowledge about African football should take the sit and shut up when matters above your iq is being discussed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Barca in Ecuador?? No way Fat Emekus. Huge downgrade. Dem suppose stone you for this callous suggestion. grin
I mean the real Barca oooo no be Ecuador own

Ajibola is too good so we are confident that Madrid,Bayern or barca will snap him up before the end of this week as a free agent grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
Barryseal:

You must be a small boy in 2006 so I will pardon your ignorance. Local players or whatever nonsense you call them weren't responsible for 2006.
Jay Jay Okocha your legend was the reason for that failure. He picked and choose matches to honour, he preferred staying out in Bolton.
People like you with zero knowledge about African football should take the sit and shut up when matters above your iq is being discussed.
You're buttressing my point.

Okocha is a foreign born abi? Oh, how come he wasn't replaced by another "local born" since they grew up in the "tradition and culture" grin

Ogbeni go and look for food or a woman's embrace because you're incoherent

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Local born, Local born

As if they can give what they don't have.

And these joke of a jury will have the guts to call this or that politician nepotistic

grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
"He's just reserved in camp. Abeg free him"

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Odunayaw:
You're buttressing my point.

Okocha is a foreign born abi? Oh, how come he wasn't replaced by another "local born" since they grew up in the "tradition and culture" grin

Ogbeni go and look for food or a woman's embrace because you're incoherent
You argue like a kid. Take my advice and stay off what you have no knowledge about. Focus on your education and other extra curricular activities like, you know, girls..
TF you don't know it's difficult to replace an influencial captain, a player whose style of play defined a generation. You don't wean yourself off such a figure at the drop of the hat in a middle of a qualifier. It's a systematic approach.
The fact you're picking on ONLY 2006 kinda substantiates the point that our football culture and tradition if respected always qualified us for world cups. Go take a sit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Barryseal:

What makes you think okocha would have made us qualify for the World Cup then ?

I watched that qualifiers throughout FYI

Our only error at the World Cup qualifiers was drawing against Angola at our own backyard ,jay jay scored in that match so where was him selecting game coming from when he played the crucial game we couldn’t win at our home ?

We lost at Luanda that he didn’t play ,with him playing what makes you think we would have won ? Martins was even more crucial than jay jay in that qualifiers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ejuke will be a perfect fit for this Atletico Madrid.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
Barryseal:

You argue like a kid. Take my advice and stay off what you have no knowledge about. Focus on your education and other extra curricular activities like, you know, girls..
TF you don't know it's difficult to replace an influencial captain, a player whose style of play defined a generation. You don't wean yourself off such a figure at the drop of the hat in a middle of a qualifier. It's a systematic approach.
The fact you're picking on ONLY 2006 kinda substantiates the point that our football culture and tradition if respected always qualified us for world cups. Go take a sit.
grin Is this your damage control?

I wasn't flogging you yet you brought Okocha up and with your own hands spoke of his lack of passion/unpatriotic acts but look at you here using mud to wash yourself

But then, I'm tired of name calling. I apologize for calling you names.
But this thing wey you de talk...leave it, for it is filth

Peace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Our only error at the World Cup qualifiers was drawing against Angola at our own backyard ,jay jay scored in that match so where was him selecting game coming from when he played the crucial game we couldn’t win at our home ?

We lost at Luanda that he didn’t play ,with him playing what makes you think we would have won ? Martins was even more crucial than jay jay in that qualifiers
They want to make it look like there is a synonym with being local born and passion.

When you catch them pants down you begin to hear things like "in 200million people, are you saying we can't find one midfielder"

cheesy comedy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
forgiveness:

He is far better than Declan Rice and the aforementioned names.

Look at Ndidi statistics in the seasons 2019/20 and 2020/21 they are not the same albeit stats are indicative but there is now regression.

In addition Ndidi in recent times he is not expected to just be a one dimensional Defensive Midfielder, he is expected to contribute more.

Look at Youri Tielemans why is he in the to buy list of so many top clubs. Look at the interest that Kalvin Philips, Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham are generating .

There was a time Ndidi was wanted by several top clubs but in the current times that's no longer the case.

I wonder WHY ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
mostob:
Chai...you get time.
Person talk say Calvin and Bellingham better pass Ndidi,you still dey reply am

Would you like to place a bet against me and whoever wins donates the proceedings to a charity chosen by the majority hear.

I will bet you that in this transfer window Kalvin, Declan and Jude will move to bigger clubs for way more money than Ndidi.

I actually doubt if any serious bid will be made for Ndidi this summer.

A reflection of your performance is in the amount of money and interest that is generated by top clubs wanting to buy you .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Odunayaw:
Local born, Local born

As if they can give what they don't have.

And these joke of a jury will have the guts to call this or that politician nepotistic

grin

Don't mind them
U see some of this ex footballers don't have sense imagine amokachi starting this whole drama

He is a shameless man meanwhile his kids I am sure where born abroad...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Bro okocha play both matches against Angola home and away he scored in Luanda but was disallowed via a free kick and he scored a free kick also in Kano I watched both matches then

he even played against Zimbabwe in Harare where we won 3 nil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Kelechi Nwakali is officially now a free agent. Contract with Huesca terminated.

SD HUESCA TERMINATES KELECHI NWAKALI'S CONTRACT

The club ends the contractual relationship that linked the Barça entity with the footballer, and which expired in June 2022.

The Huesca Sports Society has terminated the contractual relationship that the first-team footballer Kelechi Nwakali maintained with the Barça entity until now. The club has communicated to the player the decision to terminate the contract that he joined both in this campaign and expired in June 2022.

SD Huesca wishes Nwakali the best in his professional future.

Source: sdhuesca.es

Thanks goodness he finally leaves these roaches. Time to resume elsewhere.

You are misrepresentating the FACTS as usual.

He did not leave Huesca his contract was Terminated and he was let go because they simply don't think he is good enough.

In reality they wanted to get rid of him much sooner, but nobody in the Segundo wanted him ,so Huesca were stuck with him.

Consider how desperate Huesca was, season has not even ended and he has been kicked out of the club unceremoniously.

He was the second to the last lowest in paid player in the club.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2022
komekn:

He did not leave Huesca his contract was Terminated and he was let go because they simply don't think he is good enough.

In reality they wanted to get rid of him much sooner, but nobody in the Segundo wanted him ,so Huesca were stuck with him.

Consider how desperate Huesca was, season has not even ended and he has been kicked out of the club unceremoniously.

This one obviously cannot read. KOMEKN THE ULTIMATE COMIC RELIEF grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
Jargozaza:
The NFF must continue with NFF/Zenith U13/15 Programme and The La Liga/NPFL 15 league cause it is way to go to help our youths football players like Olakunle Olusegun Akinwunmi Amoo Chidera Ejuke Tolu Arokodare Adebayo Adeleke are some of the players the competition produced

Do you know there are many individual top clubs that have produced more from thier football academies than what a whole national tournament has produced.

Having a tournament doesn't create quality it's the coaching and facilities allocated to youth football players that does that for you.

Then you take the players to international tournaments like the Santander La Liga Promise U13. Then you can make comparisons and see how you are progressing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

This one obviously cannot read. KOMEKN THE ULTIMATE COMIC RELIEF grin

Maybe your concluding comments where in Spanish .

Gracias a Dios que finalmente deja estas cucarachas. Es hora de reanudar en otro lugar.

Misinformation personified.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
humility33:

Bro okocha play both matches against Angola home and away he scored in Luanda but was disallowed via a free kick and he scored a free kick also in Kano I watched both matches then

So which game okocha was selecting games ,lol

I could not remember the Luanda own we lost 1-0 but I remember the one we player are our home that ended on a 1-1 draw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
humility33:

Okocha did not play in Luanda. The line up were mainly our team B
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ndidi will make the English team

Finito

He would start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

The game in Luanda we went with just 15 players including 2 goalkeepers. Without the captain, no leadership. Upon that, Angola only managed to score one goal. If Angola were that good, they should have beaten us 7-0 that day.
Okocha was the BBC African footballer of the year, what makes you think he couldn't have made a difference?
Do you know Okocha's presence alone used to scare the Jesus out of African opponents?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Joezinho:
So they are tryna pin the blame on FBs players?

Your osimhen that is hyperactive and acts like a low budget Pacquiao, didn't he play both legs? Is he abroad born? What about Dennis the menace that was strolling like a pregnant gecko? I guess Uzoho that costs us the WC ticket was born in Brazil..

Una go just dey cap nonsense. I have always said it months before now that Eguavoen is the worst gaffer ever liveth. I get a lot of stick but now they are seeing the reality.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just read, get entertained and pass. Some Posts here are simply to entertain the Readers. Local borns played the first Leg in Ghana. In Attack, we have Simon, Iheanacho, Osimhen and Chuks, yet no single goal.

In the second Leg, only Goal we scored came from foreign Borns, Lukman and Ekong. Thanks to 37yrs old Keeper that couldn't save a low, direct shot, wailings here would have been: invite Dessers, invite Dodo, invite Pepper Soup, invite Nkwobi, invite Suya and so on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

2 mistakes were made, but this was actually key bro. Okocha showed bad leadership, he was picking games to feature in, of course others followed his example. Like someone mentioned earlier, 15 players featured in that game. I've heard Abbey George's account of this and he pretty much affirmed the same.

The second mistake was the NFF president taking the home game to Kano for political reasons. The boys were playing "away from home" even though they were playing home.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
komekn:

This issue has been going since the afcon ended. Even the players federation in Spain stood up for Kelechi.

If they wanted to get rid of him like u said they wouldn't have put a price tag on any loan move he would have made.

As far as his salary I don't get u at all. If salary means quality in ur language why were u always hard on isaac success who was one of the highest earners at Watford when he got there? U remind me of skip Bayless. If u don't like someone u will say anything to put the person down and when u get proven wrong u will never admit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

I think Amaju has been short term in his planning, he loves the quick wins and quick fixes in my opinion.

It is not about quick fix or wins. It is about where the money is more concentrated which is the super eagles. The cadet teams will take a huge amount of money away from them. I could remember the under 13 zenith bank partnership being shown live on TV. From geopolitical screening to their camping and picking to 15 or so to represent abroad and later represent the under 17.

Super eagles is a brand that brings politics, power and money to oga pinnick that's why he focus on super eagles and foreign Born to do the magic for him. I am very sure he and the other executives Lose huge amount of money from the ousted of this world cup.
We need a coach that will stay in Nigeria to organise monthly camping exercise for the best players then scout abroad for the best leg that fit into his philosophy.

And If them like they should repeat their problems.. They will be the one to lose at the end.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
komekn:

Maybe your concluding comments where in Spanish .

Gracias a Dios que finalmente deja estas cucarachas. Es hora de reanudar en otro lugar.

Misinformation personified.

Comedy King of the Kom-Minion Kingdom, we are in April... His contract originally expires in June but right now it has been terminated because he and Huesca are obviously not seeing eye to eye and it all started when he refused to extend his contract last year.

The current issue between both parties even reached the doorsteps of the Players Union in Spain who backed Nwakali.

Right now, he being a free agent even before June due to Huesca terminating the contract early is best for both club and player but especially the player. Nwakali can move on and Huesca can also move on although they get NOTHING for him like they initially intended to. Lol. So it's actually their loss financially.

It's always a waste of time explaining things to you. But then I don't do it for your sorry stone headed self. I do it for those who read so that they learn.

You take delight in drinking from the well of dollopheadedness. So keep drinking, Hater-King. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13021) (13022) (13023) (13024) (13025) (13026) (13027) ... (16743) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), Shnew, Zellas, Hardrive(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.