Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 04:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12592117 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13076) (13077) (13078) (13079) (13080) (13081) (13082) ... (16810) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:43am On Apr 23, 2022
Subzero47:
Whoever justified the inclusion
of Shehu Abdullahi into our team because he was 'versatile' should be prosecuted

Tbh, the guy isn't just it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:46am On Apr 23, 2022
mostob:
Mikel looks like somebody who is not interested in naija football...

I would have said he should contest for the NFF president post...

All those agbaya legends nor serious

Even he was appointed as captain, I was surprised. The guy just likes to keep his peace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:38am On Apr 23, 2022
Danielnino00:
How come Musa hasn't yet publicly announced his retirement from the national team?
Didn't he say that the last AFCON would be his last with the team?
Abi is he planning to play the AFCON qualifiers too?

Not only musa...even balogun,ighalo..anyway not all Nigerian players announces deir retirement officially.. Some are done by not getting invites again, examples like ogu,onazi,echiejile and co ..so I am expecting same to be meted out to our old fringe super eagles players in d current squad smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:04am On Apr 23, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Even he was appointed as captain, I was surprised. The guy just likes to keep his peace.
Yea...he is too reserved.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:14am On Apr 23, 2022
Danielnino00:
How come Musa hasn't yet publicly announced his retirement from the national team?
Didn't he say that the last AFCON would be his last with the team?
Abi is he planning to play the AFCON qualifiers too?

Musa is 29 years weda you like it or not he won’t announce any retirement

Na make dem just drop am and make oga at the top no influence any stupid decision
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2022
Watch out for my young homie, Coach Eke Ofili. Back in Nigeria to inspire young footballers.

23 DECEMBER 2012

Nigeria: How Nigeria's Ofili Inspired Msu's Victory At U.S. Soccer Tourney

For Ekenam Ofili, these are happy days as he is the only Nigerian on the Michigan State University (MSU) Men's Club Soccer Team, in the US, who won their first National Championship last Saturday night. The 21-year-old scored two goals in the match which made the team the US champions for the year.

That was then, this is now.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ccp050jA-n3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:51am On Apr 23, 2022
mostob:
Mikel looks like somebody who is not interested in naija football...

I would have said he should contest for the NFF president post...

All those agbaya legends nor serious
the problem is that the constitution and election process has been highjacked by just one body out of 5 that forms the Congress which are the FA chairmans so they are the one that practically produce the nff chairmans undecided undecided undecided just imagine out of 44 congress members Wich consist of
1, FA chairmans
2. Coaches association
3. Players union
4. Refree association
5. Member of the executive committee
Only the Fa chairmans have 36 members so how Will other bodies have say or how will an ex international's win when the FA chairmans are hell bent on rotating the seat within them self grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jargozaza(m): 7:55am On Apr 23, 2022
The draw for the CHAN tournament, Algeria 2022 qualifiers preliminary round will take place on Friday, April 29, 2022

Holders Morocco and 46 others will participate in the qualifiers

Only players who play in the domestic championship of their country are eligible to compete

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:41am On Apr 23, 2022
Yo this has absolutely nothing to do with football but somebody please listen to the last 20 seconds of this video grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2DzEv5aUEg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2022
Danielnino00:

You are asking what an ex international who has won the AFCON, played in the world cup and spent considerable number of years in Europe can teach Maduka Okoye? Lol..

A capital big YES.

As an afterthought how long ago was Ike playing football in Europe, 5, 10, 20 years ago.

Has he been coaching in Europe in the last 20 years

Things have moved on considerably with different training techniques as well as technology. Has he moved on with current practices
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:

Randers sporting director Søren Pedersen has confirmed that there's interest in exciting winger Tosin Kehinde but has stressed that no offer has been tabled for the Manchester United academy product.

The former Nigeria U23 invitee will enter the last twelve months of his contract with the East Jutland club in July and could be on his way out when the transfer window opens.

Kehinde's brother and agent, Emmanuel Oluwole Idowu recently stated that German, French and English clubs are monitoring the situation of the 23-year-old.

"There is interest in him, but there is no concrete offer on my table from any clubs, " Pedersen said to bold.dk.

"When we have such a talented player, there will be interest, and of course there is also, but it is still at an early stage."

Pedersen has made it clear that Randers will not stand in the way of Kehinde if they receive an offer in the coming months.

"We talk regularly with Tosin and the agent, and we have a good plan in relation to everything.

"And as I said - if the opportunity arises for him, we will not stand in the way of him coming to a larger club, if that is the right thing to do."

Kehinde was involved in 18 3F Superliga matches in the regular season, in which he scored two goals and delivered five assists.

If you are a promising quality player in Manchester United, you will be offered a contract. If you refuse, you should be in another EPL club ,or go to a top club in a top 3/4 league in Europe.

At the very least you should find yourself in the Championship.

Going to Fierense in Portugal is really a big dive into obscurity. And going from there to the Danish league is not promotion but the Doldrums of Mediocrity.

It seems he was making up the numbers at Manchester United.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 10:40am On Apr 23, 2022
Barryseal:

Last time out, Ladan Bosso took an all Northern team to embarrass himself. This time around, he appears to have learnt his lesson and called up players from the southern part.
But seriously, Bosso doesn't deserve 2nd or 3rd chances. He's a yesterday's man. I don't mind having a foreign coach for the U20s if we don't have capable grassroot coaches.

Do justice by listing all the players that took part in the last U20 so we can know if what you're saying is true not just mere allegations or the normal things you guys are fond of doing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 10:48am On Apr 23, 2022
Barryseal:

Last time out, Ladan Bosso took an all Northern team to embarrass himself. This time around, he appears to have learnt his lesson and called up players from the southern part.
But seriously, Bosso doesn't deserve 2nd or 3rd chances. He's a yesterday's man. I don't mind having a foreign coach for the U20s if we don't have capable grassroot coaches.

An all Northern team indeed... Naso wuna go just come here dey rant and speculate nonsense. If to say na Northerners full SE naso You for come dey blame dem for dat world cup qualification failure.

Head Coach Isa Ladan Bosso has picked his 20-man squad for the WAFU B Cup of Nations tournament taking place in Porto Novo, Benin Republic next month.

The competition, which holds 5-20 December, will also serve as the qualifying tournament for the 2021 U20 Africa Cup of Nations that will be staged in Mauritania.

The team is resplendent with players from former national youth sides fused with discoveries from the grassroots.

Abia Warriors goalkeeper Chibueze Lambert leads a cast that includes the trio of Wisdom Ubani, Charles Etim and Peter Olawale who played for the Golden Eaglets at the last FIFA U17 World Cup finals in Brazil.

Plateau United’s duo of Mike Zaruma and Nenrot Silas also made the cut while Kwara United’s Christopher Nwaeze, Isaiah Ejeh and Farayola Olawale are also in the mix.

Hapoel Ranana of Israel attacker Peter Olawale and centre back Temitayo Ereku from Brookhouse Academy in the United Kingdom are the only foreign-based players listed in the squad.

Nigeria starts its campaign at the tournament on 6 December at the Stade de Galles in Porto Novo, Benin Republic.

THE FULL LIST
Goalkeepers: John Amah (Box2Box FC), Chibueze Lambert (Abia Warriors), Kolawole Oladipo (Crown FC)

Defenders: Temitayo Ereku (Brookhouse Academy), Charles Etim (Blessed Stars), Mike Zaruma (Plateau United), Christopher Nwaeze (Kwara United), Moses Solomon (Calabar Rovers), Isaiah Ejeh (Kwara United), Jimmy Abdul (MFM)

Midfielders: Oladoye Adewale (Water FC), Liameed Quadri (36 Lions), Muhammad Abdallah (Nasarawa United), Azeez Oseni (36 Lions)

Attackers: Chisom Orji (Collins Edwin), Wisdom Ubani (Giant Brillas), Farayola Olawale (Kwara United), Chukwubuikem Ikwuemesi (Giant Brillas), Nenrot Silas (Plateau United), Peter Olawale (Hapoel Ranana, Israel)

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
I laughed at you saying that business man learned a lesson well maybe bad business lessons as his northern boy's didn't deliver so he felt remorse and had to do a reshuffle to see what business would look like this time, and the only thing that got him the second chance is being the president of the coaches association which is part of the Congress that elect the nff president, so it more like him highjacking a slot to him which will later be called opportunity for local coachs in the national team, bunch of rogues full our football house and more jokes on them when the various age grades keeps on not developing undecided as a result of thier usual recycling of business mans tagged as coaches cool

Can you prove this northerners nonsense you're talking out of ignorance undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Which one is everyone criticizing Maguire ,you no Dey watch Man U ?
I'm saying that the entire defense equally needs to be blamed. Sometimes it's the fault of another full back and not Maguire. Wan bissaka, Lindelof, etc. They all have problems with positioning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
the problem is that the constitution and election process has been highjacked by just one body out of 5 that forms the Congress which are the FA chairmans so they are the one that practically produce the nff chairmans undecided undecided undecided just imagine out of 44 congress members Wich consist of
1, FA chairmans
2. Coaches association
3. Players union
4. Refree association
5. Member of the executive committee
Only the Fa chairmans have 36 members so how Will other bodies have say or how will an ex international's win when the FA chairmans are hell bent on rotating the seat within them self grin grin grin
You're right. Everything don spoil for this country
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2022
Isahalbash:

Can you prove this northerners nonsense you're talking out of ignorance undecided
grin grin read the submission I quote before you jump like a squirrel to wanna start long argument undecided undecided undecided

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2022
mostob:
You're right. Everything don spoil for this country
grin grin grin hope dey as members of player union as taking the issue to court for amendment of the constitution to give every body equal numbers to allow ex international's come on board and have a say in the glass house wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
I laughed at you saying that business man learned a lesson well maybe bad business lessons as his northern boy's didn't deliver so he felt remorse and had to do a reshuffle to see what business would look like this time, and the only thing that got him the second chance is being the president of the coaches association which is part of the Congress that elect the nff president, so it more like him highjacking a slot to him which will later be called opportunity for local coachs in the national team, bunch of rogues full our football house and more jokes on them when the various age grades keeps on not developing undecided as a result of thier usual recycling of business mans tagged as coaches cool

TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin read the submission I quote before you jump like a squirrel to wanna start long argument undecided undecided undecided

What's there to read when it was obvious undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin hope dey as members of player union as taking the issue to court for amendment of the constitution to give every body equal numbers to allow ex international's comes on board and have a say in the glass house wink
really? That will be better o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2022
mostob:
really? That will be better o.
Harrison Jala made udeze known during the week that they are seriously working on it and I hope something is done what is the essence of another rogues replacing pinnick we would just continue the next chapter of lamentation grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2022
Isahalbash:

What's there to read when it was obvious undecided
you obviously making me laugh not understanding a simple word "quoted" which means reading the submission that lead to me writing mine, so of what use is me proving anything to you grin grin grin when all you are paind about is the notherner u saw in my submission when actually you didn't read the original post undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 11:38am On Apr 23, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
you obviously making me laugh not understanding a simple word "quoted" which means reading the submission that lead to me writing mine, so of what use is me proving anything to you grin grin grin when all you are paind about is the notherner u saw in my submission when actually you didn't read the original post undecided undecided undecided

What is there to read in the first post when your submission was affirming the first one.

Okay, who are the Ladan bosso's "northern brothers" whom failed to deliver according to you?

Just give simple answer and stop d usual dribbling you're good at.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2022
Isahalbash:

What is there to read in the first post when your submission was affirming the first one.

Okay, who are the Ladan bosso's "northern brothers" whom failed to deliver according to you?

Just give simple answer and stop d usual dribbling you're good at.
jokes on you asking me to produce list of names even ladan bosso himself didn't published to the public after failing to get out of wafu-B under 20 qualifications failing to win a single group game, why not do me a favour by producing the list to show truly it wasn't his northern brothers that failed to deliver grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
jokes on you why asking me to produce list of names even ladan bosso himself didn't published to the public after failing to get out of wafu-B under 20 qualifications failing to win a single group game, why not do me a favour by producing the list to show truly it wasn't his northern brothers that failed to deliver grin grin grin

You're d joker here lolz! So you don't know those on the list but you believed they were his northern brothers shocked

Thank God say nah d players wei wuna want make AE use for second leg him used finally grin grin grin grin

Nairaland pundits grin

Head Coach Isa Ladan Bosso has picked his 20-man squad for the WAFU B Cup of Nations tournament taking place in Porto Novo, Benin Republic next month.

The competition, which holds 5-20 December, will also serve as the qualifying tournament for the 2021 U20 Africa Cup of Nations that will be staged in Mauritania.

The team is resplendent with players from former national youth sides fused with discoveries from the grassroots.

Abia Warriors goalkeeper Chibueze Lambert leads a cast that includes the trio of Wisdom Ubani, Charles Etim and Peter Olawale who played for the Golden Eaglets at the last FIFA U17 World Cup finals in Brazil.

Plateau United’s duo of Mike Zaruma and Nenrot Silas also made the cut while Kwara United’s Christopher Nwaeze, Isaiah Ejeh and Farayola Olawale are also in the mix.

Hapoel Ranana of Israel attacker Peter Olawale and centre back Temitayo Ereku from Brookhouse Academy in the United Kingdom are the only foreign-based players listed in the squad.

Nigeria starts its campaign at the tournament on 6 December at the Stade de Galles in Porto Novo, Benin Republic.

THE FULL LIST
Goalkeepers: John Amah (Box2Box FC), Chibueze Lambert (Abia Warriors), Kolawole Oladipo (Crown FC)

Defenders: Temitayo Ereku (Brookhouse Academy), Charles Etim (Blessed Stars), Mike Zaruma (Plateau United), Christopher Nwaeze (Kwara United), Moses Solomon (Calabar Rovers), Isaiah Ejeh (Kwara United), Jimmy Abdul (MFM)

Midfielders: Oladoye Adewale (Water FC), Liameed Quadri (36 Lions), Muhammad Abdallah (Nasarawa United), Azeez Oseni (36 Lions)

Attackers: Chisom Orji (Collins Edwin), Wisdom Ubani (Giant Brillas), Farayola Olawale (Kwara United), Chukwubuikem Ikwuemesi (Giant Brillas), Nenrot Silas (Plateau United), Peter Olawale (Hapoel Ranana, Israel)

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
Isahalbash:

You're d joker here lolz! So you don't know those on the list but you believed they were his northern brothers shocked

Thank God say nah d players wei wuna want make AE use for second leg him used finally grin grin grin grin

Nairaland pundits grin

THE FULL LIST

thanks for affirming my submission now check most players and their squad has a notherner connection eaither by name's or club connections which made me right about ladan bosso being a business man so when your ear his northern brothers failed him you analysis it from Every angel before jumping on here to argue grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
thanks for affirming my submission now check most players and their squad has a notherner connection eaither by name's or club connections which made me right about ladan bosso being a business men so when your ear his northern brothers failed him you analysis it from Every angel before jumping on here to argue grin

Dis one nah cruise master grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2022
Leon Balogun got a red card today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
Isahalbash:

Dis one nah cruise master grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
thanks for affirming my submission now check most players and their squad has a notherner connection eaither by name's or club connections which made me right about ladan bosso being a business men so when your ear his northern brothers failed him you analysis it from Every angel before jumping on here to argue grin
grin Shakira no dance pass you

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Isahalbash:

Nairaland pundits grin

THE FULL LIST

I doubt this is the final list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
Odunayaw:
grin Shakira no dance pass you
you won kill me with laughter abeg if me dey dance like Shakira how Blue font Prof come dey dance I guess like Michael Jackson grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13076) (13077) (13078) (13079) (13080) (13081) (13082) ... (16810) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), eazyjakes(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.