Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,678 members, 7,948,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12422933 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13080) (13081) (13082) (13083) (13084) (13085) (13086) ... (16668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2022
komekn:

And who is their main striker who can do no wrong ❓

Napoli is a top team in Seria A with top quality players. They are not a dead team, but doubt if they can win Seria A this season.

Indeed if they don't wake up they may not finish third place.
you like trouble grin grin grin what do you mean by who is thier top striker when you know what gonna come for you shocked shocked shocked well me dey perform my duty below if vawulence start wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
komekn:

Napoli is a top team in Seria A with top quality players. They are not a dead team, but doubt if they can win Seria A this season.

Is it that the striker is supposed to not allow the three goals enter the net or what?

You heard they conceded three goals in ten minutes and you're asking about the striker not even the defenders or the goalkeeper.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

How can you blame the striker for a team throwing away a two-goal lead?

This is football, not Rugby. We have attackers and defenders.
Didn't see your post before I asked the same question.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
Starboytwo:
I was going to ask. Who is he? Maybe I’ve heard of him somehere.

But I’ve seen Yekini’s videos. It is apparent from the way he is revered by old folks to be a monster. 37 goals in 58 apps. Damn.

Here’s my list
-1 Yekini
-2 Osihmen
-3 Martins
-4 Ik uche
According to those who watched Usiyan and little I heard about him from my Dad.I went into archive and watched his match against Kenya.He scored a goal that convinced me that Usiyan in 80s would have laid a record that Yekini would worked hard to surpass.

He was member of boycotted Montreal 1976 Nigeria football squad with Segun Odegbami and co.He later played in 1978 all Africa games where eagles came second with the likes Emma Okala,Christian Chuckwu,Best Ogedegbe,Segun Odegbami.

He left Nigeria to United States for academic purpose in 1977 but his appearances with eagles ended in 1981 after WC qualifying match against Algeria.He retired from the team at the age of 24.

Thompson Usiyan was born in Effurun and dead in united states last year at age of 65.As highly talented Usiyan was,most of his mates were surprised that he left the game so early and preferred his education with school football.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
They should arrest that Gordon boy for that dive grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2022
Iwobi finally showing that he is not a winger but a midfielder who can be deployed centrally or as an AM

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
They should arrest that Gordon boy for that dive grin

cheesy cheesy

Walai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Wow good game

A goal and assist so far

you see that Moses I don't take him serious again

But Isaac Success I still had high hope for him to maintain his form, and stay fit, we need him badly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
komekn:

. I doubt u watched that game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
That boy Isaac went bonkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ouAyhOXTg

Success was just too composed with the ball ,created some chances even apart from the assist and the goal

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
character is like a smoke you can't hide it or cover it for to long it will eventually come out to be seen by all, a business man tagged coach will always think about the business aspect of his team rather than focusing on the growth of the players anyone who thinks ladan bosso will teach or improve this set of boy's in football abilities is on a long thing because bosso himself hasn't improved on his coaching skills not to talk of improving under 20 boy's he knows they have limited time and he needs to ship them as soon as possible grin grin grin it will take a Miracle for what happened the last time not to repeat it self because this time it just less than two weeks to the competition and we are waiting to see ladan pep klop bosso do his magic grin grin grin nff and those rogues in the white house I salute Dem for their good work shocked shocked shocked

Comrade you nailed it

I have already zero my mind expecting anything tangible from this team is like expecting a goat to lay an egg

Pinnick is a miserable man that sees the NIGERIA coaching roles as something that should be shared amongst friends and cronies first it was Aigbogun now it is the mediocre Ladan Bosso

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Success was just too composed with the ball ,created some chances even apart from the assist and the goal

Nigeria is blessed but need a very good coach to manage our boys.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
humility33:

Comrade you nailed it

I have already zero my mind expecting anything tangible from this team is like expecting a goat to lay an egg

Pinnick is a miserable man that sees the NIGERIA coaching roles as something that should be shared amongst friends and cronies first it was Aigbogun now it is the mediocre Ladan Bosso
Hmm,the online campaigns going against Salisu Yusuf is serious to the extent NFF made a press release that people should stop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kog45:
Oga humility happy Sunday,indigenous coach making it outside Nigeria?pls how many blacks were given the opportunities given to Steven Gerald,Frank Lampard,Mikel Arteta and the likes....I don't want to sound as racist but most blacks always end up as pundits save for Patrick Viera.

I remember Keshi had it with Mali and Togo,Amuneke with Tanzania,Shuaib Amodu then in South Africa league,Onigbinde football adviser with Trinidad and Tobago,Eguavoen Austin in Malta with Sliema wanderers,Ndubuisi Egbo FK Tirana in Albania,Sunday Oliseh in dutch league with sittard,Mike Obiku still with Feyenoord managing the youth team,Seyi Olofinjana sport director fc Grasshopper,Marcellinus Anyanwu of UAE arsenal academy,Paul Aladejare of arsenal youth academy and big man Mike Emenalo.....this to tell you that Nigerians are struggling daily to prove themselves outside but I want to tell you that it's not easy making it in white dominated coaching profession,hope you know what happened to Sunday Oliseh in Sittard.

Pls before I go into Bosso issue,I want you list out Nigeria Japan 93 squad and tell me what you see.....

We don't need this tribal stuff,all we need from Bosso is a team for the future irrespective where the players come from....

Egbon it is good we say it the way it is

We cant be shielding tribalistic, sectional and corrupt folks and expect our football to make progress.

One thing i know about the white man is that if you're good you'll be given an opportunity to prove your mantle couple with needed materials and assistance

Of all the nigeria coaches u mentioned that worked outside Nigeria only Keshi,amodu, seyi, the ex albanian team coach achieves success the rest flopped only to come back hover around the supereagles job as if it is their birth right

Our indigenous coaches large chunk of them arw mediocre and corrupt we need to constantly tell ourselves the truth. Same thing is happening to our referees. U can't be deprived if you're truly good

Patrick Vieira is doing so well, same with some black coaches around the world even the current Alahy Of Egypt coach is from South Africa doing well. Our own brother that coached in Egypt the last time what did he achieve?
A failure will always look for an excuse why he failed or Sunday Oliseh that his bad character finds him out Or Emenalo why didn't the racism stopped him and he was sacked by Monaco because he fail to replicate samesuccess he achieved with Chelsea...

Haven't u ask yourself that why is that nigerians or Africans or even blacks are not prevented from becoming the best in medicine, sciences, engineering,law,sports then why the racism card is been used to defend obscure coaches from Africa or u wanna mention how Thierry Henry flopped or we should we blame racism too??

This men are not good enough and corruption too limits them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kog45:
Nigeria is blessed but need a very good coach to manage our boys.

We need a coach Like Pep Amunike.
smiley

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kog45:
Hmm,the online campaigns going against Salisu Yusuf is serious to the extent NFF made a press release that people should stop.

I have lost hope in Nigeria future to be honest

There is a reason why competent Nigerians excel so well abroad and many fail here and dont even live their dreams

Corruption is like a way of life here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

We need a coach Like Pep Amunike.
smiley
Nwanne if i fight u ehh

No corrupt and mediocre coaches for now
We need someone like Philop Cocu or Blanc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
humility33:

Egbon it is good we say it the way it is

We cant be shielding tribalistic, sectional and corrupt folks and expect our football to make progress.

One thing i know about the white man is that if you're good you'll be given an opportunity to prove your mantle couple with needed materials and assistance

Of all the nigeria coaches u mentioned that worked outside africa only Keshi,amodu, seyi, the ex albanian team coach achieves success the rest flopped only to come back hover around the supereagles job as if it is their birth right

Our indigenous coaches large chunk of them arw mediocre and corrupt we need to constantly tell ourselves the truth. Same thing is happening to our referees. U can't be deprived if you're truly good

Patrick Vieira is doing so well, same with some black coaches around the world even the current Alahy Of Egypt coach is from South Africa doing well. Our own brother that coached in Egypt the last time what did he achieve?
A failure will always look for an excuse why he failed

Haven't u ask yourself that why is that nigerians or Africans or even blacks are not prevented from becoming the best in medicine, sciences, engineering,law,sports then why the racism card is been used to defend obscure coaches from Africa or u wanna mention how Thierry Henry flopped or we should we blame racism too??

This men are not good enough and corruption too limits them

Open your eyes. It is far difficult for blacks than white. it is beyond merit. No black coach will go from coaching academy to coaching a top team in Europe. Even Viera had to become a journey man before getting a good job in Europe.

Gerard went from U18 to coaching Rangers. Guardiola went from Barca B to Coach Barcelona. Maresca went from Manchester U21 to coaching Parma.

If Kolo Toure was white, he would have had a good job by now.

Have you asked yourself why even linesmen and referees and VAR officials are mostly white?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
humility33:

Nwanne if i fight u ehh

No corrupt and mediocre coaches for now
We need someone like Philop Cocu or Blanc

Because they are white.

By the way, Oliseh performed very well when he got the chance. The truth is that blacks are clearly denied the opportunity to grow in coaching.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Point of correction. It's not because they are not ambitious, but because they're a bunch of bloody corrupt losers that act like people that have sold their souls to the devil.

Look at the age grade teams. NPFL over aged expired useless footballers are takin 1 million Naira (according to my football guy in the grassroot) to the team to get a spot. Fantastically corrupt Nation. Wallahi, I don't blame anyone who claims he is trying to get out of the country or someone that wanna start an insurrection.

Everybody just so corrupt it has become a way of life. If Hell really exists, the Nigerian elite are gonna burn in the deepest parts (seems your Nigerian elites don't even believe they're going to hell).

The corruption in Nigeria is mind blowing

All sector from politics, economic, sports, religion etc corruption is the livewire

This coaches dont even aim to the best or attain glorious heights but instead their belly comes first and then blame the reason for their inability to reach career peak on racism whereas it is corruption they feed on

Everyone of them see any coaching role as an opportunity to loot and receive good bribes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Because they are white.

By the way, Oliseh performed very well when he got the chance. The truth is that blacks are clearly denied the opportunity to grow in coaching.

And oliseh character fished him out

U see the mindset you've got

But how come blacks are not limited in medicine, sciences,law,engineering abroad

A whiteman is good at what he does compare to we africans even the system here does not encourage excellence

U need to stop looking for excuse for some of this mediocre and corrupt coaches

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
That success is good ooo. What a composed goal. Wooow.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
humility33:

And oliseh character fished him out

U see the mindset you've got

But how come blacks are not limited in medicine, sciences,law,engineering abroad

A whiteman is good at what he does compare to we africans even the system here does not encourage excellence

U need to stop looking for excuse for some of this mediocre and corrupt coaches

when did you return sef sir humble
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Open your eyes. It is far difficult for blacks than white. it is beyond merit. No black coach will go from coaching academy to coaching a top team in Europe. Even Viera had to become a journey man before getting a good job in Europe.

Gerard went from U18 to coaching Rangers. Guardiola went from Barca B to Coach Barcelona. Maresca went from Manchester U21 to coaching Parma.

If Kolo Toure was white, he would have had a good job by now.

Have you asked yourself why even linesmen and referees and VAR officials are mostly white?
It's not about racism. Many blacks still do come from poor homes sadly. And it can be more difficult to succeed without the funds.

Also Whites heavily outnumber blacks both in the US and UK. So the probability of seeing black people is much less.

As for Africans, we may not be there to the lack of opportunities in the continent, not because of skin color.

As for kolo toure, there are far more white players who at his level, who haven't secured a top job too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
So Inzaghi has beaten Mourinho like thief three times this season. This is the vawulence TFLASHOGEE warned about.

This Inter team put 4 goals past Napoli this season.
Beat Liverpool at Anfield
Put three past an unbeaten AC Milan last game
Beat Juventus twice

Roma finished 7th last season, while Inter are defending champions, so I don't understand what you're driving at.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Iwobi finally showing that he is not a winger but a midfielder who can be deployed centrally or as an AM

Still has a lot to work on from this game.

Not yet confident on the ball. One-dimensional decision making.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
The Centurious Mikel, named the youngest Chelsea player to attend the Centurious

pls ooo with all this Russian sanctions, how baba Ibeji dey cope with em wife

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
That boy Isaac went bonkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ouAyhOXTg

Pure Target man. Ighalo-esque.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

This Inter team put 4 goals past Napoli this season.
Beat Liverpool at Anfield
Put three past an unbeaten AC Milan last game
Beat Juventus twice

Roma finished 7th last season, while Inter are defending champions, so I don't understand what you're driving at.

leave our blue fonter he must look for something to amuse himself with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ejuke scores

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2022
Isaac success post game interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcAuhUSA91A

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13080) (13081) (13082) (13083) (13084) (13085) (13086) ... (16668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.