Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12363913 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13239) (13240) (13241) (13242) (13243) (13244) (13245) ... (16587) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:49am On Jun 04, 2022
Ecuadorians keep saying that they won the African classico grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:56am On Jun 04, 2022
yinkeys:
4 - 4 - 2
Ejuke/Chukwueze-Ndidi- Etebo/Onyeka-Iwobi
Dennis/Aribo - Osimhen

4 - 3 - 3
Etebo - Ndidi - Aribo
Chukwueze/Dennis/Ejuke - Osimhen - Iwobi

3 - 5 - 2
Aina - Onyeka - Ndidi - Aribo/Iwobi - Bassey
Iheanacho - Osimhen

3 - 4 - 3
Aina - Ndidi - Etebo - Bassey
Dennis/Ejuk- Osimhen/Iheanacho - Iwobi/Aribo

Aribo should be playing higher up the pitch like in his club
Don’t know why they dropped Ejuke the man with pace
He seems quicker than everyone on the flanks.
The match against Ghana our players were tired at 75mins with no pace
Iwobi on the wings?

Rohr is that you?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:58am On Jun 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Wherever u want to send Moffi.
Both don't offer anything new to our striking set up.

However, if there were injuries or circumstances, who would you call up Dessers or Moffi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:08am On Jun 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Well I guess we do because he was head and shoulders above the rest.
The only way he was heads and shoulders over Ekong must have been when he jumped to head away a ball

Against Ecuador, Ekong performed better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:13am On Jun 04, 2022
Odunayaw:
The only way he was heads and shoulders over Ekong must have been when he jumped to head away a ball

Against Ecuador, Ekong performed better

Go and watch again. U can't point out a single thing Semi did wrong in both matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:16am On Jun 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Well I guess we do because he was head and shoulders above the rest.
Balogun still remains out best CB, it's too bad he's 34 and will most likely retire soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 1:44am On Jun 04, 2022
BALOGUN LEAVES RANGERS

Best believe the fans were not happy with the decision

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 3:17am On Jun 04, 2022
Odunayaw:
Iwobi on the wings?

Rohr is that you?
Yes that’s where Lampard plays him
He’s been playing that for the Super Eagles too lately
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:20am On Jun 04, 2022
yinkeys:

Yes that’s where Lampard plays him
He’s been playing that for the Super Eagles too lately
It is a limiting role. Let the eagle spread his wings abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:23am On Jun 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Go and watch again. U can't point out a single thing Semi did wrong in both matches.
Didn't do wrong because he didn't get into as much action as Ekong.

Anyway, I don't know why people want a Thiago Silva or Ramos. We have a good pool of CBs currently. I hope Akpoguma gets another chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:02am On Jun 04, 2022
What's ur take.....

It's d inclusion of d Israeli based Adebayo adeleye goalkeeper for me.

We only need three things to turn around d Super Eagles.....let adeleye take over d goalkeeping department and do away with troost ekong in that defence, then get rid of that Salisu Yusuf man from d coaching crew...shikena.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:03am On Jun 04, 2022
Hmmmmm Musa and Shehu returns for S. Leone and S. Tome game, still no Ebuehi, and Maduka

seems Ndidi is out injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:04am On Jun 04, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:
What's ur take.....

you beat me to it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:07am On Jun 04, 2022
do4luv14:
Hmmmmm Musa and Shehu returns for S. Leone and S. Tome game, still no Ebuehi, and Maduka

seems Ndidi is out injured

Musa on d list and no ejuke....wat a joke.

Handwork of Salisu Yusuf.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 6:08am On Jun 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Ecuadorians keep saying that they won the African classico grin
Really
So that’s their first 11
Senegal definitely gets 3 points against them
If that is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 6:11am On Jun 04, 2022
Odunayaw:
It is a limiting role. Let the eagle spread his wings abeg
He can’t take Aribo’s role except he wants to start from the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 6:16am On Jun 04, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:
What's ur take.....

We only need three things to turn around d Super Eagles.....let adeleye take over d goalkeeping department and do away with troost ekong in that defence, then get rid of that Salisu Yusuf man from d coaching crew...shikena.
Do away with Troost ?
Are you serious about this ?
We don’t have commanding & experienced defenders like William
Do this and see how the team leaks goals
He didn’t make a mistake against Ecuador
The way you guys easily wish to throw out experienced and powerful centre backs baffles me. Who do you think fits that 6 position better than William
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 6:21am On Jun 04, 2022
I agree with including Ejuke ahead of Musa
Too many forwards and only one natural DM
Thought Ishaq R. would be part of the squad too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:50am On Jun 04, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:
What's ur take.....

THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN
WE REFUSE TO WORK ON OUR MIDFIELD
THIS TEAM IS BOUND FOR MEDIOCRITY
WHAT ABOUT NATURAL MIDFIELDERS LIKE OVIE EJARIA, ALHASSAN YUSUF ETC
I TELL YOU EXCEpT WE WORK ON OUR MIDFIELD WE WILL NOT ACHIEVE MUCH
AHMED MUSA HAS NOTHING TO OFFER
I AM NOT WATCHING NIGERIAS MATCHES AGAIN
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
SINCE THE TIME OF WESTERHOOF WE HAVE NOT HAD ONE GOOD OR INTELLIGENT COACH
WE ARE CURSED WITH BAD COACHES
ETEBO IS HALF FIT AND INJURY pRONE
BONKE IS NOT INTELLIGENT AND IS ALL BRAWN WITH LITTLE BRAIN
IF WE CONTINUE LIKE THIS WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE
WE CANNOT SpEND THE NEXT 4 YEARS HAVING A MEDIOCRE MIDFIELD
WE WILL NOT GO pASS THE QUATER FINAL OF THE NEXT NATIONS CUp
WITH THIS NONSENSE AND STUpIDITY

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:53am On Jun 04, 2022
yinkeys:

He can’t take Aribo’s role except he wants to start from the bench

IWOBI IS BETTER THAN ARIBO AS A MIDFIELDER
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
COACHING IS OUR PROBLEM SINCE WESTERHOOF
THIS TEAM IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2022
Book of lamentation chapter 3 tongue
Philosopher1979:

THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:08am On Jun 04, 2022
Philosopher1979:

IWOBI IS BETTER THAN ARIBO AS A MIDFIELDER
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
COACHING IS OUR PROBLEM SINCE WESTERHOOF
THIS TEAM IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE
Club stats doesn’t prove that
Aribo’s goals & assists are higher than Iwobi’s
Iwobi is only better at ball distribution & pace
But you’re kinda right.
Aribo should be placed where Iheanacho usually plays. Right by the striker
They could be used interchangeably

The list shows we’ve not learnt from Afcon & World Cup qualification
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2022
Philosopher1979:

THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
I agree but praising Ejaria & Yusuf
Don’t know much about their stats though
We had a Keshi though who was smart enough to give us an NPFL surprise package in the midfield named Mba. He stood out in our tough games against Burkina Faso & Ivory Coast

All foreign based, no home based invited that will play in African hot sun & bad probably bad pitch. It takes a longer time for foreign based people to acclimatize to our weather compared to home based.
I thought Ishaq Rafiu would be recalled to the team

Only Bonke is the natural DM there
Hopefully he doesn’t get injured
Too many forwards
They omitted Ejuke whose quicker than all the wingers we’ve got
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2022
I think the coach prefers 3-5-2/4-4-2 cos our strength lies in our wing backs and attack. Iwobi can dictate from deep with Aribo/Onyeka beside him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:18am On Jun 04, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:
What's ur take.....

This is a fake list that defender that his club confirm his invite in Belgium is not there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:29am On Jun 04, 2022
our WC miss has not taught us a lesson. We go hear am for AFCON proper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:46am On Jun 04, 2022
Philosopher1979:

THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN
OUR COACHES ARE DUMB
what didn't alhassan yusuf come for the friendly games? See opportunity to shine. Sha he should wait for another time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:49am On Jun 04, 2022
Joebie:
our WC miss has not taught us a lesson. We go hear am for AFCON proper
I taught they said peserio has the data of all our players in the world. I like his first two games ooo. He shouldnt fall my hand. Another 20 strikers and lean midfield list again shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:53am On Jun 04, 2022
yinkeys:

I agree but praising Ejaria & Yusuf
Don’t know much about their stats though
We had a Keshi though who was smart enough to give us an NPFL surprise package in the midfield named Mba. He stood out in our tough games against Burkina Faso & Ivory Coast

All foreign based, no home based invited that will play in African hot sun & bad probably bad pitch. It takes a longer time for foreign based people to acclimatize to our weather compared to home based.
I thought Ishaq Rafiu would be recalled to the team

Only Bonke is the natural DM there
Hopefully he doesn’t get injured
Too many forwards
They omitted Ejuke whose quicker than all the wingers we’ve got
but seriously guys, I don't see anything special in that bonke ooo. Abi na my eyes. Guy looks rigid . I haven't been impressed with his games. How he gets invited hmm
They should try others nah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:01am On Jun 04, 2022
yinkeys:

Do away with Troost ?
Are you serious about this ?
We don’t have commanding & experienced defenders like William
Do this and see how the team leaks goals
He didn’t make a mistake against Ecuador
The way you guys easily wish to throw out experienced and powerful centre backs baffles me. Who do you think fits that 6 position better than William

Akpoguma can take Troost place. Ejuke for Musa. Shehu Abdullahi has become chewing gum for all coaches

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:

Musa on d list and no ejuke....wat a joke.
Handwork of Salisu Yusuf.

though they had demoted Yusuf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:30am On Jun 04, 2022
Subzero47:
BALOGUN LEAVES RANGERS

Best believe the fans were not happy with the decision
They should have given him a 1 year extension at least

(1) (2) (3) ... (13239) (13240) (13241) (13242) (13243) (13244) (13245) ... (16587) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Goke7, Christinu2, jihday(m), 9JAMac10 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.