Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,897 members, 7,876,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12005844 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13466) (13467) (13468) (13469) (13470) (13471) (13472) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2022
Courtesy of EaglesTrackerNG: K. Nwakali full highlights on his Ponferradina debut

Twitter link:
https://twitter.com/EaglesTrackerNG/status/1559888139216453633?t=pRF5j8_NSi5Wj7Qy2WdKIg&s=19

YT link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POg0Aslp3ws

I don dey laugh already. Lol grin

Note: YT Video may not play here thru NL due to La Liga copyright restrictions, but the video is still available on EaglesTrackerNG's YouTube page. If you are interested. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
Meliforme:

This is the Season's heatmap for a midfielder you believe has a low propensity to join attacks.

Bro what does this map teach you? That the player likes to be high up the pitch?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
It doesn't matter what it looks like. We have heard all these analogical references before. Same old broken records talk.

The koko now is the lad has made a strong comeback in just his first official game since the Afcon. He had a fantastic debut for his new side and we can only expect he keeps it going unless ofcos you don't wanna focus on the present.

When Taiwo Awoniyi whom you love was struggling, you never gave up on him. You never made primary school analogies. AND YOU CLEARLY Never suggested that we should speak less about him like you once suggested for Nwakali.

So biko... enough of the double standard here and let the focus shift to Nwakali's most recent return to football.

Taiwo awoniyi struggled but not as nwakali own

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
mostob:
Na this Mazi wan go world cup so. shocked
Wetin Godin do am for that famous match would be a child's play to what Aradugbo will do to him if he eventually plays against Uruguay this year.

I trust Ghana to be smart sha

Aradugbo and Godin will feast on this one ,they better allow inaki Williams and co do their best .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
My Point still stands.

andrewbaba44:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
My Point still stands.

It doesn’t change the fact that awoniyi struggles is different from nwakalis own .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
Still doesn't alter my point in that post. That's the whole point.

andrewbaba44:

It doesn’t change the fact that awoniyi struggles is different from nwakalis own .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2022
The Midfield Sultan, Alhassan Yusuf arriving Turkey for Tomorrow's UECL Playoffs encounter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2022
charlesemeka85:
the price placed on sadiq is unrealistic for spanish teams except for the likes of madrid,atletico and barca

How much is sadiq price tag ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
Danielnino00:

They should offer him to Nottingham Forest cheesy

Those ones na money bag ,but that place don Dey occupied
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2022
andrewbaba44:

and still struggling cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
andrewbaba44:

How much is sadiq price tag ?
almeria wants 30m euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
andrewbaba44:

nwakali’s own is over struggle cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
andrewbaba44:

he will insult your family and ancestors joins oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
charlesemeka85:
almeria wants 30m euros

The price is not that bad ,they sold Darwin Nunez to benfica for almost that amount
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Bro what does this map teach you? That the player likes to be high up the pitch?

It doesn't really show a preference to be high up the pitch, simply because of the position he is deployed, but it does indicate and very strong, Iwobi's involvements in advanced areas of the pitch.

It shows how well he is involved in his team's attacking phases.

Please give more engrossment to the heat map.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
It has gotten to the point where you just quote me saying rubbish littered with new lower levels of 100% non-intelligence topped up by Amnesia.

And it is this cheap nonsense that gets you really cheap likes, shares and cheers from your fellow idi*ts on this thread with your shared debased mentality.

Please show me where I specifically said there was never any interest from Milan in Onyedika. Or where I never said anything of an Onyedika to Milan possibility OR where I never indicated that Onyedika was among a few MF options that Milan were looking at.

If you cannot, you will just have to accept that you are just an attention-seeking fat f**l who only loves quoting me to gain any level of relevance on this thread.

I truly pity the sons/daughters you will raise someday because you simply have no intelligence to pass down to them except ofcos God shows mercy and gives you a good smart woman.. but even that I strongly doubt coz you only attract what you are.

A mentally slow tout attracts another mentally slow tout. grin

Ouch!

Waited for the fat unintelligent tw*t to show me where but till now, he couldn't..... so I guess the bolded in blue is official. Highly Official as with the comments in tow. wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2022
hatakekakashi:

But you people are quick to complain about how this guy is getting undue attention here when he plays well. Try let the guy rest na.
Sir,i will pick Nwakili that does it week in week out in elite league than any of our midfielders but presently he is struggling and how I wish he had a better platform to perform than his present club.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2022
Danielnino00:

They should offer him to Nottingham Forest cheesy

Then turn Nottingham forest to the new watford so that our players go play them enter relegation again abi ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2022
My prayer is we Africans perform so well that these Europeans rate us as equally or close to South American
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
It doesn't matter what it looks like. We have heard all these analogical references before. Same old broken records talk.

The koko now is the lad has made a strong comeback in just his first official game since the Afcon. He had a fantastic debut for his new side and we can only expect he keeps it going unless ofcos you don't wanna focus on the present.

When Taiwo Awoniyi whom you love was struggling, you never gave up on him. You never made primary school analogies. AND YOU CLEARLY Never suggested that we should speak less about him like you once suggested for Nwakali.

So biko... enough of the double standard here and let the focus shift to Nwakali's most recent return to football.

Oh sorry,my post looked like insult to Nwakili....Hmmm,double standard?do you ever see me here talking how good Awoniyi movement was when he was struggling with loans with various club cos there is nothing to say and mind you I never believed Awo will come out of it cos the struggles was damn too much and he looked so unconvincing until Union Berlin.

Sir,some pages back I said I have reservations on Awoniyi performance this season,watching pre season was like can this guy makes it and my reservation still stands,hope he convinced me.When he scored his goal I was like wow,good for him and I celebrated it.

On Nwakili,if I don't believe in him I would not have said he deserved better platform to perform than his present club.

Yes I said he doesn't deserved to much mentions here and this was based on his present situation and you gave a valid points and I respect your opinion.

I wish the young man well.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kog45:
Oh sorry,my post looked like insult to Nwakili....Hmmm,double standard?do you ever see me here talking how good Awoniyi movement was when he was struggling with loans with various club cos there is nothing to say and mind you I never believed Awo will come out of it cos the struggles was damn too much and he looked so unconvincing until Union Berlin.

Sir,some pages back I said I have reservations on Awoniyi performance this season,watching pre season was like can this guy makes it and my reservation still stands,hope he convinced me.When he scored his goal I was like wow,good for him and I celebrated it.

On Nwakili,if I don't believe in him I would not have said he deserved better platform to perform than his present club.

Yes I said he doesn't deserved to much mentions here and this was based on his present situation and you gave a valid points and I respect your opinion.

Sir, you owe no one any explanation about how you feel about a particular player. As long as the player in question is a Nigerian and this is a Super Eagles thread, you are free to criticize him just as others should feel free to praise him when they feel he is doing well.

16 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nwakali the over hyped player of all time... I pray that guy live to his hype.. Uptill now na promising player we still dey call am..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2022
Insult to Nwakali? You clearly misunderstand my point.

Now, Having reservations is not the same as drawing primary school analogies.

During Awo's trying times at Gent and at Mainz, I didn't see such analogies. You and I kept believing until he finally hit it good and strong at Union Berlin which has now earned him an EPL move.

And you keep talking about platform... Club platform. I don't understand what you mean. Did you expect Nwakali to get a deal at Real Madrid?

Okay, fine... you say you believe his talents deserve a bigger platform but then consider the precedents.

He was at Huesca, playing before the Afcon. After the Afcon, they shut him out and for months, no action. Contract terminated and became a free agent.

Which big club was gonna give him a look before other midfield options?

He is at Ponferradina now and getting his chances again. His debut went well. Very well. And it's the Spanish La Liga Smartbank which is practically the same league Sadiq Umar has used to build his rep with Almeria. A technically proficient 2nd tier league.

So I think considering everything he has been through, Ponferradina is an okay platform to get things going again in his career. It is up to him to do well and move on higher and so far, he has started well. So right now, we hope for more of such or even better.

Kog45:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kog45:

Boss man, you owe no one any apology. Awo struggled, but Nwakali's own is a disaster. I pray that guy find his feet soon if not, i go troll on that guy no be small

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2022
Melvinity:

Boss man, you owe no one any apology. Awo struggled, but Nwakali's own is a disaster. I pray that guy find his feet soon if not, i go troll on that guy no be small

Abi. I personally held high hopes for him and I watched his last match in which he performed just decently.
But I can not be scared of giving my praises and criticisms just because one overrated chap somewhere might get angry. Nah, I can't do that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2022
Cecco90:

Abi. I personally held one high hopes for him and I watched his last match in which he performed just decently.
But I can not be scared of giving my praises and criticisms just because one overrated chap somewhere might get angry. Nah, I can't do that
Abi na...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2022
All these "jump-the-gun" monikers quoting Kog45 are just chatting off-point. Lol

Kog45 is even of the opinion that Nwakali deserves a better club than Ponferradina and I am the one telling him that nope... his situation got him there so he has to work his way up from there.

The talk of Awo was only in reference to how we never gave up on him. Kog45 and I know that history.

So please... try and understand before you jump in and say isolated rubbish as it is the norm for most monikers here. Gracias.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2022
grin
I foresee more vawulence here however the pendulum swings, Russia-Ukraine style. This season go sweet for Nairaland. TFLASHOGEE I beg load your vawulence meme stockpile.

Una do well. This thread no dey disappoint. Me I don turn elder statesman now as I don retire from the vawulence dept.

Where komekn sef? We need your spice

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
grin grin
Isolated rubbish... Chai.. Another rubbish...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
All these "jump-the-gun" monikers quoting Kog45 are just chatting off-point. Lol

Kog45 is even of the opinion that Nwakali deserves a better club than Ponferradina and I am the one telling him that nope... his situation got him there so he has to work his way up from there.

The talk of Awo was only in reference to how we never gave up on him. Kog45 and I know that history.

So please... try and understand before you jump in and say isolated rubbish as it is the norm for most monikers here. Gracias.

I forgot to add "ouch" grin

Thanks again. You can resume your isolated talks now with much better understanding. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13466) (13467) (13468) (13469) (13470) (13471) (13472) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EEGA, Bbdot(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.