Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,407 members, 7,878,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12015831 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13722) (13723) (13724) (13725) (13726) (13727) (13728) ... (16404) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:51am On Oct 20, 2022
mostob:
Who is arguing this?
I rate Suarez ahead of Ibra and Lewa.

People are disrespecting the greatest striker of this generation because of a Ballon d'or, if Messi and Ronaldo wasn't on fire at the same time with Suarez he would at win atleast two Ballon d'ors

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2022
Alfryd:
Chelsea are looking at signing a striker next
summer and Napoli's 23-year-old Nigeria
international Victor Osimhen is becoming the
favourite as they consider multiple options. (90
Min)
He shouldn't go there please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 6:57am On Oct 20, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Because
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2022
Samueltemi337:
why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:33am On Oct 20, 2022
charlesemeka85:
why?
hatakekakashi:
Because
i don't think Chelsea style of play will suit osimhen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:06am On Oct 20, 2022
oloriooko:

grin grin grin grin grin
What a shallow mind: schooled abroad? grin
Sorry to burst your bubble I think you are the mediocre here
Schooled abroad grin grin grin
Goat grin grin grin
Successful grin grin grin
High standards grin grin grin

Dude you crack me up grin grin grin grin
ROTF

Raise your bar get a life

Stop a$$ licking mediocrity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2022
Salisu streamline U-23 Eagles team to 18
nigeriasoccernet.com Oct 20, 2022 6:45 AM

The U-23 Nigeria football team set to jet off to Tanzania for their first leg AFCON qualifier on Thursday against Tanzania, Coach Salisu Yusuf has named an 18-man list for the clash.

The team list consist eleven players from the Nigeria Professional Football and seven players who play in foreign leagues.

Isaiah Ejeh of Mjallby of Sweden, Promise David of Sirens Fc of Malta, Michael Ologo Inainfe of Istanbulspor, Ogunniyi Oluwatimileyin Abiodun of Fk Auda in latvia, Adeyemo Oluwapelumi Emmanuel of Fc Vizela in Portugal, Success Makanjuola (Team captain) of CD Diocesano in Spain, Hezekiah Okirikpo Dundalk Fc of Ireland.

The Home based players;

Naziru Auwalu Ibrahim of Rangers Int’l of Enugu, Munir Idris of Niger Tornadoes, Edidiong Enobong Ezekiel of Remo Stars, Daniel Wotlai from Abia Warriors, Christopher Nwaeze from Plateau United, Evans Ogbonda from Akwa United, Qudus Olamilekan Akanni of Remo Stars Nathaniel Nwosu water fc, Dominion Ohaka both from Water Fc Abuja, Amah John of Yum-Yum Fc, Bamayi Calocho of Yum-Yum Fc.

The Olympic Eagles are expected to depart the shores of Nigeria on Thursday via Lagos to face Tanzania U23 team in the first leg of the U23 AFCON qualifiers on Saturday.

The return leg is slated for 29th October in Ibadan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:33am On Oct 20, 2022
solonnachi:

The U-23 Nigeria football team set to jet off to Tanzania for their first leg AFCON qualifier on Thursday against Tanzania, Coach Salisu Yusuf has named an 18-man list for the clash.

The team list consist eleven players from the Nigeria Professional Football and seven players who play in foreign leagues.

Isaiah Ejeh of Mjallby of Sweden, Promise David of Sirens Fc of Malta, Michael Ologo Inainfe of Istanbulspor, Ogunniyi Oluwatimileyin Abiodun of Fk Auda in latvia, Adeyemo Oluwapelumi Emmanuel of Fc Vizela in Portugal, Success Makanjuola (Team captain) of CD Diocesano in Spain, Hezekiah Okirikpo Dundalk Fc of Ireland.

The Home based players;

Naziru Auwalu Ibrahim of Rangers Int’l of Enugu, Munir Idris of Niger Tornadoes, Edidiong Enobong Ezekiel of Remo Stars, Daniel Wotlai from Abia Warriors, Christopher Nwaeze from Plateau United, Evans Ogbonda from Akwa United, Qudus Olamilekan Akanni of Remo Stars Nathaniel Nwosu water fc, Dominion Ohaka both from Water Fc Abuja, Amah John of Yum-Yum Fc, Bamayi Calocho of Yum-Yum Fc.

The Olympic Eagles are expected to depart the shores of Nigeria on Thursday via Lagos to face Tanzania U23 team in the first leg of the U23 AFCON qualifiers on Saturday.

Salisu and his brood and sale business

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:49am On Oct 20, 2022
zuchyblink:

grin grin
Yesterday they drew 1-1 with 3SC @ Ibadan in a friendly. 3SC scored first in the 2nd half and they equalized via penalty. Not sure this team is ready to face Tanzania. Hope we are not disgraced this weekend. Even the foreign based are unknown and play in lower leagues or 2nd/3rd divisions. Why were the Ladan Bosso u20 boys not selected for this game? Only Nathaniel Nwosu is u20 GK, John Amah was once an u17 GK two or three years ago. Success Makanjuola played last year for the u20s.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:47am On Oct 20, 2022
Subzero047:

People are disrespecting the greatest striker of this generation because of a Ballon d'or, if Messi and Ronaldo wasn't on fire at the same time with Suarez he would at win atleast two Ballon d'ors
The same way they disrespect Xavi and Iniesta by rating Modric ahead of both because of Balond'or. Very funny set of fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2022
zuchyblink:

He isn't brooding broilers grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 10:48am On Oct 20, 2022
Guys MRI machine is not very accurate.
I just saw someone I know from secondary school.
he was a senior.
he was like one class ahead of me and he probably is like a year or 2 years older than me.
I am currently 23 years old which means I do not qualify for the under-23 selection but I have seen him dressed in the Nigerian kits and is currently with the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 10:53am On Oct 20, 2022
solonnachi:

The Home based players;

ahaaa!!
I have just seen his name on this list.
I'm happy for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2022
mostob:
The same way they disrespect Xavi and Iniesta by rating Modric ahead of both because of Balond'or. Very funny set of fans.

Chai na that Xavi and Iniesta own dey pain pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:32am On Oct 20, 2022
PROVERBZ:
he was a senior.
he was like one class ahead of me and he probably is like a year or 2 years older than me.
I am currently 23 years old which means I do not qualify for the under-23 selection but I have seen him dressed in the Nigerian kits and is currently with the team.
It is just for under 17 and not beyond bro.

In other age grade competition, I think the MRI isn't used.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:37am On Oct 20, 2022
PROVERBZ:
he was a senior.
Somebody already answered you but let me ask you, do you know the person's real age or you're just assuming based on the fact that he was one class ahead of you?

I was 11 years in SSS1 and there are lot of students way above my age in Junior classes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:38am On Oct 20, 2022
Subzero047:

Chai na that Xavi and Iniesta own dey pain pass
As in eh.... Balond'or can deceive some fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:50am On Oct 20, 2022
PROVERBZ:
he was a senior.
Do they use MRI for under 23?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
Chelsea are reportedly running the rule over Nigeria international Victor Osimhen ahead of a potential transfer at the end of the 2022-2023 season.

90min.com claims that Chelsea are exploring signing a new striker next summer, with Napoli's Osimhen emerging as a favourite among scouts.

The Blues are in the market for a long-term center forward as a possible replacement for the aging Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Romelu Lukaku is reportedly not in the plans of manager Graham Potter and Chelsea would look to offload the Belgium on a permanent basis after the expiry of his loan deal at Inter Milan.

Roberto Calenda, who represents Osimhen, recently revealed that the Super Eagle is attracting interest from many clubs but he wants to stay at Napoli and help them in their chase for Serie A and Champions League glory.

Napoli are not keen on selling their star striker unless they receive a monster bid in the region of 100 million euros that will force them to do business with an interested club.

The 23-year-old was heavily linked with Manchester United and Arsenal in the summer transfer window but a deal did not happen.

Osimhen has approximately three years left on his contract with Napoli, whom he joined from Lille in 2020 for a club record fee of 70 million euros.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2022
mostob:
Somebody already answered you but let me ask you, do you know the person's real age or you're just assuming based on the fact that he was one class ahead of you?

I was 11 years in SSS1 and there are lot of students way above my age in Junior classes.
bro he was 1997.

I recall my school was a boarding school we were like family.
After he beat one of my classmates who was older than him then.
I recall that my friend saying something like ' this guy is only 1997 im older than this guy but cuz of na school we they na why him fit beat me like this.'

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2022
PROVERBZ:
he was a senior.

Just to be clear, MRI isn't a machine that can determine how old someone is.... What it does is to scan the wrist plate..in boys, the wrist plate develops between the age of 15-17.. And since certain factors like diet and environment can determine growth rate in people, it's possible for somebody to develop the wrist plate at an earlier or later age...

Your guy in question is in the u-23... MRI isn't used for the u-23, so there's no correlation here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
Na this kind battle komekn suppose pick

solonnachi:

grin grin
Yesterday they drew 1-1 with 3SC @ Ibadan in a friendly. 3SC scored first in the 2nd half and they equalized via penalty. Not sure this team is ready to face Tanzania. Hope we are not disgraced this weekend. Even the foreign based are unknown and play in lower leagues or 2nd/3rd divisions. Why were the Ladan Bosso u20 boys not selected for this game? Only Nathaniel Nwosu is u20 GK, John Amah was once an u17 GK two or three years ago. Success Makanjuola played last year for the u20s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
PROVERBZ:
bro he was 1997.

I recall my school was a boarding school we were like family.
After he beat one of my classmates who was older than him then.
I recall that my friend saying something like ' this guy is only 1997 im older than this guy but cuz of na school we they na why him fit beat me like this.'
Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
Joebie:
Na this kind battle komekn suppose pick

There is NOTHING to say.

We all know that age falsification is endemic in every area of life in Nigeria.

If a person realises that by shaving off 3/4/5 ,etc years of his age, will be the difference between staying in Nigeria in abject poverty with zero prospects in life. Or going to Europe playing football with a crazy money and great prospects.

What will 99.9% of people do , particularly as there is no means of proving that he is telling lies.

So why are we all pretending that nobody age cheats in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
Papi85:
Chelsea are reportedly running the rule over Nigeria international Victor Osimhen ahead of a potential transfer at the end of the 2022-2023 season.

90min.com claims that Chelsea are exploring signing a new striker next summer, with Napoli's Osimhen emerging as a favourite among scouts.

The Blues are in the market for a long-term center forward as a possible replacement for the aging Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Romelu Lukaku is reportedly not in the plans of manager Graham Potter and Chelsea would look to offload the Belgium on a permanent basis after the expiry of his loan deal at Inter Milan.

Roberto Calenda, who represents Osimhen, recently revealed that the Super Eagle is attracting interest from many clubs but he wants to stay at Napoli and help them in their chase for Serie A and Champions League glory.

Napoli are not keen on selling their star striker unless they receive a monster bid in the region of 100 million euros that will force them to do business with an interested club.

The 23-year-old was heavily linked with Manchester United and Arsenal in the summer transfer window but a deal did not happen.

Osimhen has approximately three years left on his contract with Napoli, whom he joined from Lille in 2020 for a club record fee of 70 million euros.

It will all depend on his stats at the end of the season.

The more he doesn't perform at the top end of the league and I mean being in the top 5 of goal scorers in his league the less likely his claimed move to Chelsea will come into being.

Chelsea will be looking at several forward players and they will all be top performers in their Leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2022
Barryseal:

Match fixing in Nigerian league is an issue that can land Nigeria serious international suspension if we open the can of worms. Players and club officials are neck deep into fixing games.
I thought it was a lie till I got intel and staked on a game between 2 southern clubs. Many club administrators, players and officials should be in jail.

Let them open it world wide. European referees change outcomes of games even with var available. Even in Spain they talk about brown envelopes during the ending of seasons. If it was Dakkada that blew a 2 goal lead that allowed Akwa United win the league people would have called it match fixing but because Aston villa and man city are British clubs we feel they can do no evil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2022
Oshoala balling out in the Champions league. Beautiful 1st goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-b4IIcfnXU

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Let them open it world wide. European referees change outcomes of games even with var available. Even in Spain they talk about brown envelopes during the ending of seasons. If it was Dakkada that blew a 2 goal lead that allowed Akwa United win the league people would have called it match fixing but because Aston villa and man city are British clubs we feel they can do no evil.

Why bring the whole world when we're talking about Nigeria? If EPL and Aston villa are fixing their games it makes it OK to do same here?

Fatau Dauda made indicating comments and nobody took it up. If an EPL player said same thing, it would have Kickstarted a world of storm just like Sam Aladyce case.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2022
Barryseal:

Why bring the whole world when we're talking about Nigeria? If EPL and Aston villa are fixing their games it makes it OK to do same here?

Fatau Dauda made indicating comments and nobody took it up. If an EPL player said same thing, it would have Kickstarted a world of storm just like Sam Aladyce case.

So if u were the police would u start arresting because he said players were smiling at their iphones? Mind u he is talking about Enyimba, a club that is quick to suspend even their coach for poor performance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

So if u were the police would u start arresting because he said players were smiling at their iphones? Mind u he is talking about Enyimba, a club that is quick to suspend even their coach for poor performance.
If the authorities were serious, they should have invited him for questioning. An international player can't say something like this and you wave it off by saying "people are smiling at their phones". And we are talking of Enyimba, imagine what is going on with "lesser" clubs. The rot is everywhere.
For instance, Sunshine owned their players 12months salary. How do you expect them to keep the integrity of the game playing on emtpy stomach?
We are a bunch of jokers in this country it will be best for the president to disban football once and for all in this country like he did basketball so we can start afresh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13722) (13723) (13724) (13725) (13726) (13727) (13728) ... (16404) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Starboytwo(m), jieta and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.