Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,877 members, 7,962,851 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 06:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12510411 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14181) (14182) (14183) (14184) (14185) (14186) (14187) ... (16727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
Danielnino00:

Inverted wingers function best in a 4-3-3.. I can't remember when last we played a proper 4-3-3.. Since the 2019 AFCON, Rohr went on a panick mode and was using 3-5-2, 4-4-2 and sometimes 4-4-1-1. Eguavon carried the 4-4-2 to the AFCON and Peserio is using it too.. I agree Chukwueze isn't consistent enough,but the formation we're using isn't balanced enough either..
Oga Dan,formation or not our players just need to raise their games when it comes to national team.Some fans don't even rate them anymore,a friend was telling me to forget those boys,saying naso Dem go dey score for their club sides but for eagles na nonsense Dem go dey play...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
lbrichman2:

Thanks for taking the time, I remember Komekn said Taiwo got £1.7M from his transfer to Forest
Wanted to know if that was standard practice

Actually that's standard official practice 10% FIFA regs.

However,in reality there is the hidden sums and negotiated sums, particularly when a club is desperate to get you.

I remember when Danny Wellbeck left Manchester United to Arsenal I know his brother Chris who is his agent made a killing way and above any assumed agency fee.

This is a very sometimes murky world of hidden sums and payments.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
Kog45:
I agreed with you but we just have to make NPFL running and good leagues will definitely have good impact on our various national teams.Pesently we are having issue with our goalkeepers,a good NPFL would have been an easy place to fall back on,ditto to our midfield.We lost out in afcon and WC against Ghana due to our goalkeepers elementary errors and our failure to find the real third man in the midfield.Honestly a good league would have solved this,if we don't have solutions outside then we come home but the home is rotten.

It seems like a hopeless situation to me. As long as those corrupt pot-bellied individuals remain in the system, there's gonna be very little or no improvement at all.

That league needs proper cleansing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
Danielnino00:

Stop capping... Lookman is two footed..he can use both feet well..

Basic requirements in academy bla bla.... The academy can't alter your genetic makeup from teaching you how to do this and that.. Some players are predominantly left footed just like we have people who are predominantly left handed..

Salah and Robben are two players who are predominantly left footed and played on the right wing for most of their careers just like Chukwueze..they hardly cross...they cut into the box and lay passes...

Go to an academy and ask left footed players who play left back to start playing on yhe the right and be delivering crosses if it was the easy...

How many Academies have your been to❓

This is a basic requirement for players who want to go to the top of the game. Day in Day out you will practice crossing with your weakest foot as well as shooting with it.

But you are making assumptive noises from your imagination and total lack of knowledge.

I remember Jedi doing a lot of of work on in his right at Everton now at Fulham LB.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
Kelechi Nwakali FT Stats for Ponferradina today in La Liga Smartbank.

Real Zaragoza 0-0 Ponferradina - La Liga Smartbank Matchday 25.

Played 90mins+.
92 touches.
2 chances created 💥
1 big chance created 💥
7 pass entries into Final third.
69/83 accurate passes.
83% passing accuracy.
100% accurate crosses.
4/7 accurate long balls.
2 corners taken.
1 shot off target.
3/4 ground duels won.
12 recoveries.
100% tackles won.
1 interception.
1 clearance.
1 headed clearance.
Was fouled 2x.

*Kelechi Nwakali completed the most passes (69) in the game.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
mostob:
You know, I sometimes wonder if the guy is really what he claimed to be. Some of his posts are sometimes nauseating.

Remain where you are , some people get nausea from a mathematical equation too much for there little brain to comprehend .

Ignorance is bliss, remain where you are please.

What have I claimed to be ❓I am certain I've never claimed to be anything.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:00am On Jan 31, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Kelechi Nwakali FT Stats for Ponferradina today in La Liga Smartbank.

Real Zaragoza 0-0 Ponferradina - La Liga Smartbank Matchday

Played 90mins+.
92 touches.
2 chances created 💥
1 big chance created 💥
7 pass entries into Final third.
69/83 accurate passes.
83% passing accuracy.
100% accurate crosses.
4/7 accurate long balls.
2 corners taken.
1 shot off target.
3/4 ground duels won.
12 recoveries.
100% tackles won.
1 interception.
1 clearance.
1 headed clearance.
Was fouled 2x.

*Kelechi Nwakali completed the most passes (69) in the game.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28am On Jan 31, 2023
Samuel Chukwueze FT Stats for Villarreal in La Liga on Monday Night.

Villarreal CF 0-1 Rayo Vallecano - La Liga Matchday 19.

Played 90mins+
68 touches.
1 chance created💥
3 pass entries into Final third.
41/52 accurate passes.
79% passing accuracy.
100% accurate long balls (3/3).
1/3 successful dribbles.
1 shot on target.
2 shots off target.
5/7 ground duels won.
3 tackles.
1 recovery.
Was fouled once.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:50am On Jan 31, 2023
Of course, I did not say all!
komekn:

Bukayo Saka, Phil Foden, R.Mahrez, says , B. Silva, Kai Havertz, Say a very big resounding No to you

To mention just a few left footed players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:07am On Jan 31, 2023
The race is on

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24am On Jan 31, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Moffi to Nice Update

Moffi passed his medicals. Already Flown to Nice.

Signing his contract soon.

Extra Details: Moffi to OGC Nice

According to Santi Aouna of Footmercato, Moffi's move to OGC Nice will be initially in the form of a loan with a mandatory permanent purchase clause of 30 million Euros (bonuses included).

This is similar to Mbappe's move to PSG from Monaco back in the summer of 2017 before PSG paid the mandatory agreed permanent transfer fee in the summer of 2018.

Terem Moffi, reportedly, will also dorn the Number 9 Jersey according to French Journo, Clément Brossard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:07am On Jan 31, 2023
Coach Luciano Spalletti on Osimhen AGAIN

“He really has got a cannon for a foot. He has physical strength, accepts the challenge, tracks back to help, is good in the air. He is the complete package”

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:22am On Jan 31, 2023
Kog45:
Yes Uche Okechucwu was the biggest revelation. He did well than Andrew Uwe a professional at Algiers 90... Hmmm Moses Kpakor was about joining Feyenoord but got injured in his last match for BCC lion of Gboko and the injury rattled Westerhoff till he discovered Sunday Oliseh....Elahor was magnificent at Algiers 90 and till today i didn't know why he fizzled out.I remember he went to Brondby in Denmark and it seemed Westerhoff didn't like the move and at the same time Ikpeba and Amuneke came into scene but they are not better than Elastic Elahor.
The gentle giant was immense for Nigeria. I don't think Westerhoff had anything to do with Elahor's decline. He still played in the 92 ANC. Also remember he and Okechukwu went to the same Danish club Brondby but I think he might have lost form immediately after the 92 ANC as he moved to African Sports, CIV from Denmark.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:06am On Jan 31, 2023
komekn:

Remain where you are , some people get nausea from a mathematical equation too much for there little brain to comprehend .

Ignorance is bliss, remain where you are please.

What have I claimed to be ❓I am certain I've never claimed to be anything.

Lol... people who get nausea from a mathematical equation can still justified that. Imagine a self-aclaimed widely traveled man writing trash everyday on a public forum.
Mahrez, Sala, Saka, Robben... How often do you see these guys put in crosses from the by-line when playing? But because hate has blinded you, you just have to use an unfounded theory to pull down Chukwueze.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:15am On Jan 31, 2023
I’m still trying to understand this Nice move o. Transfer Analysts are still trying to solve this mystery
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2023
Joebie:
I’m still trying to understand this Nice move o. Transfer Analysts are still trying to solve this mystery
when he starts Play for nice you will know why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2023
I don't trust Sean Dyche with Alex Iwobi undecided

That dude barely had any black player during his time at Burnley.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2023
Joebie:
moving from lorient to Nice does not need any solving
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:03am On Jan 31, 2023
COOL10:
I don't trust Sean Dyche with Alex Iwobi undecided

That dude barely had any black player during his time at Burnley.
but the problem here is that gana and onana are both black wether he likes it or not he most accommodate a black player in his starting eleven what a situation he finds himself in LOL hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Extra Details: Moffi to OGC Nice

According to Santi Aouna of Footmercato, Moffi's move to OGC Nice will be initially in the form of a loan with a mandatory permanent purchase clause of 30 million Euros (bonuses included).

This is similar to Mbappe's move to PSG from Monaco back in the summer of 2017 before PSG paid the mandatory agreed permanent transfer fee in the summer of 2018.

Terem Moffi, reportedly, will also dorn the Number 9 Jersey according to French Journo, Clément Brossard.

Terem Moffi latest: Breakdown of the Transfer Deal

From GFFN:
After a successful medical examination, the player is expected to arrive in Nice on Tuesday. The deal between the two clubs is not a straight transfer but a mandatory, paid loan of €2.5m with a €22.5m (plus €5m bonus) obligation to buy the Nigerian international striker, who is currently the second highest scorer in Ligue 1. Lorient has also secured a 15% percentage in any future sale with the official announcement set come imminently.

Personal Angle: 15% sell-on percentage is huge for Lorient. Wow. And still secured a mandatory transfer fee close to 30Million Euros (it is actually 27.5 million euros).

Below is Santi Aouna's breakdown in line with GFFN.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2023
maidaboi:
but the problem here is that gana and onana are both black wether he likes it or not he most accommodate a black player in his starting eleven what a situation he finds himself in LOL hahaha

He seems to be in a very tight situation right now cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:15am On Jan 31, 2023
It's really no mystery my good man, Joe. Nice are currently one of the best paying and top financially buoyant sides in France.

They are owned by the richest man in UK via his INEOS Chemicals group.

Also, For the last 3 years or so, they have been putting together a project to propel the side "permanently" to the top of French football. Last season, they hired Ligue 1 winning coach (and Osimhen's former coach at Lille), Christophe Galtier in the summer of 2021 for the the 21/22 season.

Galtier had won the Ligue 1 title with Lille in 20/21 season yet decided to take up the job at Nice thanks to the financial offers he received and the project they were building. It was a stunning move and that was when my attention shifted to Nice because I didn't understand at the time why a guy who just won the league title pipping a super stars-studded PSG in the process didn't wanna stay for UCL football and another run at the title with the squad he built.

I did a little digging then and I found out what I know now. Been following Nice more closely since Galtier joined them and led them to 5th in Ligue 1 last season.

Then PSG came calling and Galtier couldn't resist the opportunity. PSG had to part with a good sum of millions of euros to get their man and current coach, Galtier while Nice had to find a replacement.

So with this background info, you should know Nice are obviously paying Moffi more in terms of sign-on fees and personal contracts. Moffi earns more playing for a decent side in France that stands better financially placed than Lorient and at 23 still has time to keep blowing sh*t up in Ligue 1 (while earning more than he did at Lorient) to finally attract the attention of some of the Bigger Boys in the game within the Top 5 and in France (PSG only).

And oh also, he is guaranteed tremendous playing time.

So, there is no mystery. Nice have a good squad, are under sound management backed by big money and they are ambitious and this could be just Moffi's springboard to the elites in the end. Time will tell.

Joebie:

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:15am On Jan 31, 2023
Jorginho to Arsenal. Congratulations to City for being the 2023 EPL champion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2023
Deadline day transfer for Paul Onuachu. Several clubs enquired.

Genk been the problem all this while.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2023
Is this Sarcasm?

I think Arsenal are still primed for the title until something crazy happens in terms of squad injuries (which is what no one wants).

Jorginho is your quality cover for the #6 role plus his passing game and Spatial Awareness in the 1st and 2nd phase of buildup plays could take Arsenal's possession-heavy approach a notch higher.

I think Arteta knows what he's doing but yeah, it's a risk.

Long term, in the summer, I think you guys got eyes on Declan Rice or could go back in for Caicedo (also in the summer).

mostob:
Jorginho to Arsenal.
Congratulations to City for being the 2023 EPL champion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:50am On Jan 31, 2023
L'equipe is reporting 25M + 5M for Moffi as mandatory purchase clause, Contract till 2027.

Others like Santi Aouna are saying 22.5M + 5M.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:
Deadline day transfer for Paul Onuachu. Several clubs enquired.

Genk been the problem all this while.
Genk should allowed the guy na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2023
komekn:

Bukayo Saka, Phil Foden, R.Mahrez, says , B. Silva, Kai Havertz, Say a very big resounding No to you

To mention just a few left footed players.
you clearly don’t know what you are saying, see Saka’s cross accuracy this season, note that he’s Arsenal’s corner kick taker, this means he barely crosses the ball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
Dem say Chuba Akpom get invite for March qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
jihday:
you clearly don’t know what you are saying, see Saka’s cross accuracy this season, note that he’s Arsenal’s corner kick taker, this means he barely crosses the ball
Bro... how dare you counter him? How many club trainings have you attended? How many academy do you know in UK? grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2023
Truidstar:
Dem say Chuba Akpom get invite for March qualifiers.
Source bro?
We still dey January fah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 1:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
Sofyan Arambat to Barca??

(1) (2) (3) ... (14181) (14182) (14183) (14184) (14185) (14186) (14187) ... (16727) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tessyy1701, signz, Subzerooo and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.