Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,473 members, 7,961,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12498156 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14234) (14235) (14236) (14237) (14238) (14239) (14240) ... (16722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
The truth is that we live in a world where many like to kick people when they are down. When they see someone doing the opposite, they get angry.

That is why people take anyone speaking with belief in Kelechi Nwakali badly. They want everyone to join them in mocking him.

As long as Kelechi Nwakali keeps the belief and keeps working hard, he can turn things around and excel.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
After many of you will stand and tell bold faced lies like I have nothing against kelechi Nwakali but those hyping him. Please, show us the hype.
My brother, during the Nations cup… you can go back and check. There was an Nwakali Mass delusion event that was organized. His super natural abilities were trumpeted to the high heavens. Heat maps were produced, pictures of Nwakali wearing Superman shirts were shown, he was hailed as the Messiah of our midfield. Even respected monikers here who normally approached any subject with logic and intelligence abandoned all reason and joined the orgy of delusion stark naked. I had to double check to see if it was the same Nwakali Abi it was another one. It was an exaggeration galore. You can confirm yourself .

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Truidstar:
My brother, during the Nations cup… you can go back and check. There was an Nwakali Mass delusion event that was organized. His super natural abilities were trumpeted to the high heavens. Heat maps were produced, pictures of Nwakali wearing Superman shirts were shown, he was hailed as the Messiah of our midfield. Even respected monikers here who normally approached any subject with logic and intelligence abandoned all reason and joined the orgy of delusion stark naked. I had to double check to see if it was the same Nwakali Abi it was another one. It was an exaggeration galore. You can confirm yourself .

That is not true. His asset was recognized. Other players has assets too. No one praised him to the high heaven. The point was the uniqueness in his quality and it was no slight to other players.

So it is a lie to say during the AFCON Kelechi Nwakali was hyped.

After all, he put a good shift when he got his chance. So why are people angry?

Hate.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Truidstar:

Showing a heat map of what a player did well is not hyping but analyzing. Showing good quality of someone is not hyping. Showing what a player can bring to the team is not hyping.

People are just pained that people still see good and belief Kelechi Nwakali can do well when they want to throw a mocking party.

That is all. No one hyped him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Truidstar:
🤣

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

No one is exaggerating his ability. You just want to see people running Kelechi Nwakali down. When people point out things he does well, you guys call it hype and go into attack mode.

I challenge you to show a place where Kelechi Nwakali was hyped.

Please the attack is more personal than most of you claim.
What good does running him down do? It does nothing. Do I know him? What you call running him down is often a statement of basic fact. That he's been in the lower division is a fact.

You on the other hand for example say he has great corner kick and free kick abilities. I quizzed you, you mentioned his corner kicks for Super Eagles. I just laughed. Instead of you to supply data from his club where he plays all the time, you pick Super Eagles where I can count on my fingers the number of times he played for the team.

Having hope that he will come good is fine. Exaggerating his abilities is however grating to our footballing sensibilities.

Why do I say you are exaggerating. I say so because the facts speak for themselves. He's been in the Spanish lower division for 4 seasons. Why is it you who is able to see his brilliant assets but not scouts? If he were as excellent as you tout him to be, he won't be where he is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
Truidstar:
I like your flow.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

What good does running him down do? It does nothing. Do I know him? What you call running him down is often a statement of basic fact. That he's been in the lower division is a fact.

You on the other hand for example say he has great corner kick and free kick abilities. I quizzed you, you mentioned his corner kicks for Super Eagles. I just laughed. Instead of you to supply data from his club where he plays all the time, you pick Super Eagles where I can count on my fingers the number of times he played for the team.

Having hope that he will come good is fine. Exaggerating his abilities is however grating to our footballing sensibilities.

Why do I say you are exaggerating. I say so because the facts speak for themselves. He's been in the Spanish lower division for 4 seasons. Why is it you who is able to see his brilliant assets but not scouts? If he were as excellent as you tout him to be, he won't be where he is.

I can not start supplying you data from his club because I am not watching those games.

However, the Super Eagles game was very clear and he showed brilliant quality in his corner kicks. So what is funny about it? Unless you are saying his corner kicks were not brilliant, you are not making a point here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

Show us exaggeration. You guys are running with exaggeration with no points to show.

Kelechi Nwakali is not at the height we expected, we all know that. He knows that. So what else?

You guys have nothing else to add but to remind us that he is in a low league. Well done. Clap for yourselves.

I am more interested in seeing him fighting his way out of the low league and excelling from there. I hope he believes he can still excel and knows he can achieve it.

His talent is still there. I am one of the few that believes talent does not die. That was why I did not join the slowbi party to mock Mikel and with time Mikel shone like a supernova.

So what else do you want to tell me that Kelechi Nwakali had promise and he is in a low league. We have heard. Thank you.

Vardy spent a long time in the low league but that did not stop him from writing his name in gold. What next?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kog45:
I have said it here that Kelechi Nwakili need a better platform to excel and I hope he move from his present club and Segunda league next season

It’s a pity that some of us don’t know how humans feel when we failed to meet our expectations in life and footballers are not exceptional,check out Dele Ali issue.It always leads to depression and sometimes suicide...till date a lot believed Justin Fashanu committed suicide cus of homosexuality but NO,he was frustrated cus he could not find his feet again in his chosen profession(football).

I wish Nwakili well,not easy seeing Osimehn and Chuckwueze up there and still struggling.I have friends who are ex players but financially are frustrated and some have lost their life due to depression....I wish all Nigerian players both home and abroad out there struggling to meet up,good health to fulfill their dreams.
true talk sir
I agreed with you on justin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
@Komekn ,mr futuristic man who dwells in a parallel universe.

Your heart is filled with hatred and jealousy towards Nwakali,
It makes u blind and clouds ur judgement .I'm guessing is ur way of life.

Ur lack of understanding n ur reasoning is just baffling..

Continue to think that u are that which u are not yet u are very limited in ur understanding ,wisdom and knowledge .

An Italian ex international recently likened Osimhen's goal to that of great Pele,in ur limited understanding ,he was comparing Osimhen to Pele.

I mentioned Pirlo as an example of a player who is a master in long range accurate pass,
now I'm compariny Nwakali to Pirlo in ur biased mind.
And if I want to compare Nwakali to Pirlo I will compare him n there is nothing u can do about it ,what u think of me is of no consequence.

From ur short clip and ur continual mentioning of league one players when we are talking about a long rage accurate pass just reviews just how shallow ur understanding of the game is.

Pls go watch the clips of these players bellow before u come here n wast anyone's time with ur hateful and inconsequential post.
Pirlo,
Xavi.
Beckamp
Paul schools
Okocha
Mikel
Rosiscky

Then come here again n tell us those long rage passes r such an easy thing to do

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
The truth is that we live in a world where many like to kick people when they are down. When they see someone doing the opposite, they get angry.

That is why people take anyone speaking with belief in Kelechi Nwakali badly. They want everyone to join them in mocking him.

As long as Kelechi Nwakali keeps the belief and keeps working hard, he can turn things around and excel.
I believe in you is different from calling you super man.

There's no doubt that your last sentence is a possibility, very strong possibility.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Show us exaggeration. You guys are running with exaggeration with no points to show.

Kelechi Nwakali is not at the height we expected, we all know that. He knows that. So what else?

You guys have nothing else to add but to remind us that he is in a low league. Well done. Clap for yourselves.

I am more interested in seeing him fighting his way out of the low league and excelling from there. I hope he believes he can still excel and knows he can achieve it.

His talent is still there. I am one of the few that believes talent does not die. That was why I did not join the slowbi party to mock Mikel and with time Mikel shone like a supernova.

So what else do you want to tell me that Kelechi Nwakali had promise and he is in a low league. We have heard. Thank you.

Vardy spent a long time in the low league but that did not stop him from writing his name in gold. What next?
You dropped one this morning na
Show us his free kick results at his club. Shikena

The problem is that your faith in him is making you see a superb player whereas the player is average.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

You dropped one this morning na
Show us his free kick results at his club. Shikena

The problem is that your faith in him is making you see a superb player whereas the player is average.

I said he is good at free kicks. I did not say he is the lead free-kick taker of his club.

By the way, I never said Kelechi Nwakali is a superb player. I wonder where you got that from. I said he is a special talent. Meaning he has the potential to become a quality player.

So the so-called me seeing Kelechi Nwakali as a superb player is in your mind. And you are using it to have an ulterior motive against the young man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

On a serious note, KC is still fighting, I forgot he was adjudged the best player and Osimehn the second at their U17. He got some seemingly lucky breaks after the U17 but life has happened whatever the cause. What is obvious to me is that, he's still fighting and provided he doesn't give up or get a freakish injury, anything good and better can still happen to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

On a serious note, KC is still fighting, I forgot he was adjudged the best player and Osimehn the second at their U17. He got some seemingly lucky breaks after the U17 but life has happened whatever the cause. What is obvious to me is that, he's still fighting and provided he doesn't give up or get a freakish injury, anything good and better can still happen to him.

Finito.

They will soon come and say you are hyping Kelechi Nwakali. Just say doom things and they will feel better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That is not true. His asset was recognized. Other players has assets too. No one praised him to the high heaven. The point was the uniqueness in his quality and it was no slight to other players.

So it is a lie to say during the AFCON Kelechi Nwakali was hyped.

After all, he put a good shift when he got his chance. So why are people angry?

Hate.
Your opinion bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I said he is good at free kicks. I did not say he is the lead free-kick taker of his club.

By the way, I never said Kelechi Nwakali is a superb player. I wonder where you got that from. I said he is a special talent. Meaning he has the potential to become a quality player.

So the so-called me seeing Kelechi Nwakali as a superb player is in your mind. And you are using it to have an ulterior motive against the young man.
Brilliant and superb are synonyms ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

Brilliant and superb are synonyms ooo

To the best of my knowledge, I have referred to his talent as brilliant. This is about his potential to become a quality player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2023
@GoodJoe, I hate this. Appealing to our pretentious sense of caring for the oppressed is not a good look. These men have chosen a career path where experts watch them every day, rate their abilities, and use qualifications such as fantastic, poor, out-of-form, terrible, world-class, average, above-average, great, incredible, underwhelming, overrated, from-another-planet, special(as you frequently use yourself. grin), one-of-a-kind. Name it.

This is not kicking anyone. This judging a player that's on the stage. I guess that's why the best coaches are the best. No appeal to those talks like "oh, he will bounce back". If he's injured or suffering a psychological issue, you take him out of the rotation and bring a sound option in. It's part of your job description to make tough decisions.

If you don't want to be scrutinized don't get on that stage. Everything goes. We are not insulting his family, it's not personal. Just judging his abilities.

Summary: My good friend, do your best to not manage a team, You will very likely ruin the team. You would be terrible at management. This is not an insult, just an observation. You would have paid a player 5 years' worth of salaries before you realize, oh he's not that special after all. cheesy grin

TheGoodJoe:

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:
@GoodJoe, I hate this. Appealing to our pretentious sense of caring for the oppressed is not a good look. These men have chosen a career path where experts watch them every day, rate their abilities, and use qualifications such as fantastic, poor, out-of-form, terrible, world-class, average, above-average, great, incredible, underwhelming, overrated, from-another-planet, special(as you frequently use yourself. grin), one-of-a-kind. Name it.

This is not kicking anyone. This judging a player that's on the stage. I guess that's why the best coaches are the best. No appeal to those talks like "oh, he will bounce back". If he's injured or suffering a psychological issue, you take him out of the rotation and bring a sound option in. It's part of your job description to make tough decisions.

If you don't want to be scrutinized don't get on that stage. Everything goes. We are not insulting his family, it's not personal. Just judging his abilities.

Summary: My good friend, do your best to not manage a team, You will very likely ruin the team. You would be terrible at management. This is not an insult, just an observation. You would have paid a player 5 years' worth of salaries before you realize, oh he's not that special after all. cheesy grin

Long story. When Diego Forlan flopped in Manchester United, many fans argued he was not as good as believed. i disagreed because I watched him in Nigeria 99, and he was stellar. That kind of talent can not just fade. Keep in mind, he was watched by one of the very best of all time, Alex Ferguson.

The flop Forlan left Manchester United and after working with Pellegrini became the best striker in Europe.

So, even the top coaches can mishandle players.

You are free to believe what you want. If you think it is over for Kelechi Nwakali, that is your own. You actually was trying to prove to us Iheanacho was done with not too long ago. In the last two weeks, he has been one of the best players in the English Premier League.

So your point of experts watching is so flawed. Time and time again, players have picked themselves and showed quality.

Not too long ago, Nathan Tella was watched by experts and felt he did not deserve a place in the starting line up for Southampton. He is rebuilding himself step by step.

Remember he went from Arsenal, to Southampton, and then Championship.

Look at Chuba Akpom building himself. So keep expert talks.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:

Attacking me will not help your course. I am sure you would have been among the band wagons that were mocking Mikel and calling him a failure. You would have joined the crew that believed Osimhen will not do well in an academy football team in England.

You are among those not too long ago trying to run Iheanacho down. You can live with your negativity. No one is dragging it with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:

Some people here take it personal ,it leads them to insults.
When u continue to call ur fellow professional or fellow human being a waste man ,it's an insult to him n his family.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
I repeat, the talent is there for Kelechi Nwakali.

There is no amount of negativity, abuse or insult that will kill his talent.

Mikel Obi suffered more than this.

Not too long ago, some were dishing it hot on Osimhen.

Iheanacho suffered same but still went on to shine.

So Kelechi Nwakali needs to stay focus. Keep working hard and the results will tilt to his favor.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
Truidstar:
Lol... I admire the way you conjure invisible insinuations to push your agenda. After reading this, I started wondering if na the same thread. SMH

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Gbam! I really don't know why they're condemning the guy. It is his life, his football career.
Has his career trajectory been disappointing? Yes
Is resurgence possible? Yes.
It's simple as that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
Don't cry man. You are never careful with your choice of words. Pls think about your words carefully before you use them. You are sure I am among those who mocked Mikel and called him a failure? Are you out of something to throw at me?

And oh, my opinions on Iheanacho are still current. cheesy grin. Stats show he has been bad, based on the standard you folks want us to use. He's been terrific over two games. But well according to history, he's had these kinds of spikes before after which his performances just drop off. It's quite straightforward and in good faith to ask for more data. cheesy

Attack, attack, attack. Here we go again. The unending cycle of victimhood. Stand up, man. Telling you, you would be bad at management is not that terrible. cheesy grin. I repeat, Nwakali is anything but special. I know you like the man. I actually used to like him as an under-17 player. I liked the chances of him developing into a really good player. But well it's what it is.
TheGoodJoe:

Attacking me will not help your course. I am sure you would have been among the band wagons that were mocking Mikel and calling him a failure. You would have joined the crew that believed Osimhen will not do well in an academy football team in England.

You are among those not too long ago trying to run Iheanacho down. You can live with your negativity. No one is dragging it with you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Finally, you say something about this man that is very correct. Nobody can kill anybody's talent. cheesy grin. All we are saying is we are not seeing it. Eventually, talent has to show. Under 17 was over 7 years ago. What tools do we need to dig the talent out?
TheGoodJoe:
I repeat, the talent is there for Kelechi Nwakali.

There is no amount of negativity, abuse or insult that will kill his talent.

Mikel Obi suffered more than this.

Not too long ago, some were dishing it hot on Osimhen.

Iheanacho suffered same but still went on to shine.

So Kelechi Nwakali needs to stay focus. Keep working hard and the results will tilt to his favor.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:
Finally, you say something about this man that is very correct. Nobody can kill anybody's talent. cheesy grin. All we are saying is we are not seeing it. Eventually, talent has to show. Under 17 was over 7 years ago. What tools do we need to dig the talent out?

Who asked you to dig any talent?

The point is simple. The talent is there and Kelechi Nwakali needs to keep pushing to still make an impact in his career.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:
Don't cry man. You are never careful with your choice of words. Pls think about your words carefully before you use them. You are sure I am among those who mocked Mikel and called him a failure? Are you out of something to throw at me?

And oh, my opinions on Iheanacho are still current. cheesy grin. Stats show he has been bad, based on the standard you folks want us to use. He's been terrific over two games. But well according to history, he's had these kinds of spikes before after which his performances just drop off. It's quite straightforward and in good faith to ask for more data. cheesy

Attack, attack, attack. Here we go again. The unending cycle of victimhood. Stand up, man. Telling you, you would be bad at management is not that terrible. cheesy grin. I repeat, Nwakali is anything but special. I know you like the man. I actually used to like him as an under-17 player. I liked the chances of him developing into a really good player. But well it's what it is.

You are free to believe what you want. It can not stop a force as long as he keeps pushing.

It is up to Kelechi Nwakali to keep pushing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

To the best of my knowledge, I have referred to his talent as brilliant. This is about his potential to become a quality player.
Well then nobody can argue against his potential. We pray the potential becomes actualized. I rejoice whenever Osimhen scores, so the progress of our players is something we hope and pray for.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2023
mostob:
Lol... I admire the way you conjure invisible insinuations to push your agenda. After reading this, I started wondering if na the same thread. SMH
One of the participants in the delusional orgy spotted. Well done bros.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14234) (14235) (14236) (14237) (14238) (14239) (14240) ... (16722) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), caprikon and 30 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.