Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,951 members, 7,924,967 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 07:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12278677 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14268) (14269) (14270) (14271) (14272) (14273) (14274) ... (16530) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
Truidstar:
It is glaring you are emotionally invested in Nwakali. I respect your faith in him and hope he catches the fire he once had. Talent is not enough. Respect.🙏

I am not emotionally invested in him but in all our players. From Edozie, to Solanke, to Chuba Akpom, Chidera Ejuke, etc. I like seeing people shine. I enjoy seeing people beat challenges. I like seeing mental toughness in action.

I have no time to hate on a player and can't derive joy in seeing a player struggle. Went through this during the Mikel Slowbi era until he blossomed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
elyte89:
I will keep saying it…nwakali is gud enuf for eagles ,if not d starting line up,at least bench.no b say we even get better personnel in d midfield at d moment,aside iwobi and nididi
they will come for your head lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
Meliforme:

You should have known by now the man Komekn. I am not trying to belittle anyone, Komekn knows very little about the tactics of football, This is very true. There was a time he called Ademola Lookman a traditional winger. It may be that he has heard about the traditional winger role, and then decided to mix up Ademola Lookman with the traditional winger role. This and many more made me realise the man that Komekn is.

Komekn should do more of learning than talking.

thegoodjoe should take this advice as well

He argues too much, most of his arguments are without substance

Don't tell me you've forgotten he also said Mourinho is not a tactical coach. That he lacks tactics

Let him enter any sports studio and say it. Even beer parlor analysts will cringe at that comment

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
maidaboi:
they will come for your head lol

They are just ranters with little contribution for growth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

This Ethan Nwaneri is not a dictator/conductor. You are just wasting time attacking Kelechi Nwakali, then end up exposing that you don't even understand the role of a midfield conductor.

Falling down in life is not the end of a man and no matter how much you try to paint a player bad, he can still pick himself up.

Your negativity against Osimhen, Iheanacho, Sadiq and others did not stop them from growing.

Your post of Ethan Nwaneri goes into the list of gaffes of yours.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
Blueelf:

Don't tell me you've forgotten he also said Mourinho is not a tactical coach. That he lacks tactics

Let him enter any sports studio and say it. Even beer parlor analysts will cringe at that comment
the bros na one of the old heads wey I regard so much here but with tym got to find out that he is nothing but a punk and asslicker who always shy away from the truth and facts

He knows nada about football tactics
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2023
Blueelf:

I will make my point clear about Mourinho and my point has not changed.

When Mourinho goes against a tough opponent, he adopts a negative setup. When Mourinho leads a tough opponent, he resorts to negative methods to win.

I do not see that as tactical superiority. I will always embrace those that work towards possessive/offensive dominance over a coach that thinks of methods to trick his way to win.

With that, I rate the likes of Guardiola, Xavi, Arteta, Ten Hag, Tuchel, Enrique, and a host of others over Mourinho.

When I was saying this earlier, it looked l was just talking. Until, Simeone Inzaghi beat Mourinho like thief repeatedly. People would have rated Mourinho ahead of Simeone Inzaghi because of his past trophies and laurels. However, he has been spanked bitterly repeatedly by Inzaghi that I don't think anyone will rate him ahead of Inzaghi.

Get my point?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2023
Meliforme:

You should have known by now the man Komekn. I am not trying to belittle anyone, Komekn knows very little about the tactics of football, This is very true. There was a time he called Ademola Lookman a traditional winger. It may be that he has heard about the traditional winger role, and then decided to mix up Ademola Lookman with the traditional winger role. This and many more made me realise the man that Komekn is.

Komekn should do more of learning than talking.

Komekn, please don't see this as disparaging, It might benefit you in some way, depending on how you have chosen to see it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
the bros na one of the old heads wey I regard so much here but with tym got to find out that he is nothing but a punk and asslicker who always shy away from the truth and facts

He knows nada about football tactics

Him talk say him no go change from his stance about mourinho

See, I always knew from the start that he was all arguments, no substance

You don't need to argue your points too much if they are valid. Even court case dey finish

Change na, make people see you for who you really are

Mourinho is not a tactical coach

Some people ehn..later na, them go dey shout say them be pundit

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
Blueelf:

You don't need to argue your points too much if they are valid. Even court case dey finish

grin grin

I have made my point. You can debate with points or keep dancing around.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
Blueelf:

grin grin

You are yet to make a point, let alone defend it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
Unpopular opinion but Maignan and Mandanda are better than lloris

I don't know if its just me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2023
Napoleon55:

Now,I want to ask u an important question.

In your area walk of life,
would u consider yourself as the best,or as one of the best?

Say,you r a carpenter, would u beat ur chest n say u r d best carpenter in town.
If u r a brick layer,can u say u among d best bricks layers in ur area.
If u r a business man or an entrepreneur,are u in the top league of the likes of
Dangote
Femi otedola,
Mike Adenuga
Alakija
Cubana,
Pascal Dozie
Ibeto.
Perhaps u are chief Emeka Ofor himself,we want to know.

I will still ask komkn his own question

@charlesemeka

This is what I'm saying.

Don't pretend u haven't seen this post,
this is my only post u have skipped today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
Blueelf:

omo, that lloris ehn, I don’t even know. His physique anytime I look at him, he looks so small and skinny or na tiny I go call am but the guy can fly no doubt. He is usually not ranked in any top whatever in goalkeeping rankings, yet he had such a long career as France keeper. Over 140 Apps. That’s staggering mehn. I like what I’ve seen in maignan tho, mandanda is always on the bench, don’t see him much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
Blueelf:

currently yes. Hugo is old and washed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2023
Truidstar:
It is glaring you are emotionally invested in Nwakali. I respect your faith in him and hope he catches the fire he once had. Talent is not enough. Respect.🙏

we have seen Nwakali's talent but what we want is game time in the S.E and game time in the S.E is enough...

the likes of Shehu get more game time than Nwakali, Onyedika, Onyeka e.t.c when the S.E releases call up list its always as if there are no midfielders in Nigeria..

Another reason for Nwakali's, Onyedika, Onyeka inclusion is to reduce the kick long ball to the striker and let the striker chase gameplay that Nigeria has been using and causing the strikers to get injured both in the S.E and S.F national teams and start training and learning how toplay passing game..

In the last 1 year, since Os:hoala and O:simhen consistently honored call ups they have been injury free and you guys can't stop praising them...

In summary,
passing game and better midfielders and a formation with at least 3 midfielders can bring out the best in our strikers not just O:simhen and O:shoala and also keep them free from injury due to too much chasing of the ball from long passes or clearance shots from defenders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
Napoleon55:

@charlesemeka

This is what I'm saying.

Don't pretend u haven't seen this post,
this is my only post u have skipped today
oga I don tire to argue abeg. Free me and face front since you want to continue wallowing in ignorance and ineptitude
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
Starboytwo:
omo, that lloris ehn, I don’t even know. His physique anytime I look at him, he looks so small and skinny or na tiny I go call am but the guy can fly no doubt. He is usually not ranked in any top whatever in goalkeeping rankings, yet he had such a long career as France keeper. Over 140 Apps. That’s staggering mehn. I like what I’ve seen in maignan tho, mandanda is always on the bench, don’t see him much.
another young French goalie with huge prospects is current Leeds goalie

Will want him to be the heir to aging David degea at man united
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The aim of possessive (passing) play is to get the opposition to lose shape, converge in one area, and leave gap at another section of their block.

Then with intuitive smart play, you switch play with effective diagonal long balls.

Also, with an effective long ball passer, you can take advantage of your players in space.
Funny talk.

See what you mean: team go gather dey play for one wing, kpa, kpa kpa dey tiki taka, den suddenly dem switch go the other side, kpa kpa kpa to create overload and make the opposition lose shape

No wonder tiki taka is boring.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Meliforme:

You are better than this.
You have been given two instances.
You again? 😜😜😜

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
Blueelf:

grin grin
We know those who have substance and those who don't.

Those who are in the negativity club are in d minority here,
those who want us to think that they r what they are not.
Those who want us to think they r so tough.
Those who want us to think they belong to d high class in d society.
Those who want us to think they r so wise.
Yet,
Out of the abundant of the heart,the mouth speaks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
komekn:

Literary Hundreds over the years.

If I add European then I really can't count.
wow....and you follow them regularly? like every weekend?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 9:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
another young French goalie with huge prospects is current Leeds goalie

Will want him to be the heir to aging David degea at man united
yeah, I’ve forgotten his name, that guy has always impressed me, I like him a lot but he can so concede like 5 at a go. .I like bazunu too, I don’t know why, maybe it’s the funny name. Let me add, Pope is the only English guy I like tho, from burnley. He looks tough kinda.

But I love Manuel Nuer the most, I’ve never been so fanscinated with any goal keeper like him. He is built like a tank. Infact All German goal keepers have been terrific over the years, Oliver Kahn, jens lehmann, Manuel nuer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
oga I don tire to argue abeg. Free me and face front since you want to continue wallowing in ignorance and ineptitude
Just as u have freed Nwakali over d years?
My question is quite simple,y r u finding difficult to answer,tell us if u r excellent or a midiocre in real life,but u keep running away from it.
I put u on d spot,deffend urself.
I will keep reminding u
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2023
I'm indifferent about this Nwakali issue but I want to address the most compelling issue most of his critics have on here that is, he plays in la Liga 2.

First, we've had players from La liga 2 play for the national team without anybody complaining or calling to question the quality of such players. Examples are Sadiq Umar and Omeruo. And if we go a little back, we have Mutiu Adepoju.

Second, Accessing Nwakali solely on the point that he plays for a poor la liga 2 team can be a little bit misleading. What if the same Nwakali plays for a 'top' team that is not currently better than the team or league he plays in? Are we going to accept him?

I'm saying if Nwakali plays for teams like ASEC mimosas, Remo stars, chips United or in the Israeli league and makes the national team, will we still be complaining? These are teams that obviously are not better than la liga 2 teams.

Third, life happens.
The fact that he still plays in la liga 2 and no top club is coming for him does not necessarily mean he is a poor player. He might just not have the luck to be visible to top club.

Mitrovic is a proven premier league quality striker for example, but how many times has he followed Fulham to the championship without a premier league team or any top club demanding his services?

This is life..

Finally, Nwakali has never had a bad game for the NT.

I stand to be corrected on this one sha, but I don't think I've even seen a poor performance from Nwakali for the National team (U17, U 23, super eagles). From the Athletico Madrid game to the last AFCON, he has always put a very decent shift for the super eagles.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Update: You need a godfather to play in Eagles - Ex Footballer Throws Bomb🇳🇬🙆

A Former Flying Eagles defender, Kennedy Chinwo has opened a can of worms after he revealed that having footballing talent is not enough for a player to play in the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

He argued that any such player without having a strong godfather is going nowhere.

The world cup Silver 🏅 medalist made this revelation in an interview with Brila FM.

“It is the dream of every player to play for the Super Eagles. However, playing in the senior national team won’t just come easy. You need a godfather to play in the Eagles. But if you don’t have, no matter your talent, you won’t be able to play.

“A few of the players who I feel should have been in the Super Eagles despite their talent were not given a chance to play in the team.”

NB: Chinwo was part of the Samson Siasia-led Flying Eagles that lost at the finals of the FIFA U-20 World Cup to Argentina in 2005 in Netherlands.

Nigerians has since been reacting to the assertions of the former footballer.

#NPFLUpdates

How could you post something as stupid as this in here? Who is this guy and where did/does he play to earn a place in the eagles? Throughout his playing career, was he ever good enough to be picked ahead of the guys in the eagles at the time? So, going by his rather foolish opinion, the likes of Osimhen, Ndidi, Bassey etc are in eagles because of the so called godfathers. Wait oo, was it also the so called godfathers that stopped him from making a career for himself in Europe or at home abi scouts blind?

Lol if godfatherism does work actually, do you think Nwakali would be in the abyss with the kind of godfathers he has?

Lol maybe tomorrow now, Nwakali go begin talk say dem no call am because him no get godfather.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
ChrisKels:

How could you post something as stupid as this in here? Who is this guy and where did/does he play to earn a place in the eagles? Throughout his playing career, was he ever good enough to be picked ahead of the guys in the eagles at the time? So, going by his rather foolish opinion, the likes of Osimhen, Ndidi, Bassey etc are in eagles because of the so called godfathers. Wait oo, was it also the so called godfathers that stopped him from making a career for himself in Europe or at home abi scouts blind?

Lol if godfatherism does work actually, do you think Nwakali would be in the abyss with the kind of godfathers he has?

Lol maybe tomorrow now, Nwakali go begin talk say dem no call am because him no get godfather.
you no go leave me abi?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
Napoleon55:

Now,I want to ask u an important question.

In your area walk of life,
would u consider yourself as the best,or as one of the best?

Say,you r a carpenter, would u beat ur chest n say u r d best carpenter in town.
If u r a brick layer,can u say u among d best bricks layers in ur area.
If u r a business man or an entrepreneur,are u in the top league of the likes of
Dangote
Femi otedola,
Mike Adenuga
Alakija
Cubana,
Pascal Dozie
Ibeto.
Perhaps u are chief Emeka Ofor himself,we want to know.

I will still ask komkn his own question

Chisos!.... see finishing! Make person think well before he answer O.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2023
ChrisKels:

nwakali supporters are coming for ya ass 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2023
kennysville:

Chisos!.... see finishing! Make person think well before he answer O.
abi see beginning cus I no see any fishing there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
abi see beginning cus I no see any fishing there

Na beginning you see? Okay na. Na to just answer the question e remain na. Oya answer the guy kwueshion with your full chest make we know true true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
kennysville:

Na beginning you see? Okay na. Na to just answer the question e remain na. Oya answer the guy kwueshion with your full chest make we know true true.
I no wan answer na wetin mk u wan go hug transformer for tag wey no mention you?

Your type go gossip pass your wife 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anu!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14268) (14269) (14270) (14271) (14272) (14273) (14274) ... (16530) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.