Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,361 members, 7,947,589 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12417819 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14509) (14510) (14511) (14512) (14513) (14514) (14515) ... (16666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:38pm On May 03, 2023

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2023
elyte89:

Hopefully it materializes but I no really trust ojuelegba and Emmy transfer rumors..šŸ˜ƒ

It's not about hopefully,
Will he agreed to move, Person wet dey find UK Card
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 1:06pm On May 03, 2023
M7even:

Sit down a draw and table on the list of food produced in the north and that produced in the south then u will realize what you saying in the words of komnke are assumption. The north as in the far north produces crops and livestock for production ....if there was any blessing the north have received under this buhari administration it will be the boost of the agricultural adjustment and production.

How much land is in the desert of Israel, but do u know how much agricultural export they make. Science has gone beyond just sitting down like an arm chair philosopher of knowledge please. Research!

The far north is desert with zero science and zero agriculture so they cannot produce crops and since they cannot produce crops that also means they cannot feed livestock and that means they have zero livestock.

If they produce crops then herdsmen won't be in the south dragging and destroying land of the indigenes.

and b:uhari won't try to establish forcefully and politically take southern fertile lands and establish r:uga in the south.

B:uhari cannot boost agriculture in the north because he doesn't know anything about agriculture, the only thing he knows his about cows and cows destroy fertile lands.

How can someone who is obsessed with cows boost agriculture?

If b:uhari had boosted agriculture in the far north then southern Nigeria won't have so many northerners and nig:eriens migrating there.

The only thing b:uhari knows is cows and Ni:ger republic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:08pm On May 03, 2023
I have refrained from engaging in any political discuss on this thread but I will break the rule this one time to correct some of your impressions.

First you should realise we are all humans firstly before we start ascribing tribal identities to ourselves. Ethnic identities were labels we met when we were born so using that label to solely define our humanity is a misnomer for me cos I could easily have been born to an Igbo, Fulani or Bini household which could skew my current world view.

Yes it's normal to embrace or have pride in ones tribal affiliations but that shouldn't bestow on one visions of ethnic or tribal supremacy but rather what should give you pride is your level of humanity. And this goes for anyone promoting ethnic agenda to attack other groups whether Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo or Igede.

Yes you're at liberty to call out any hypocrisy or negative agenda but resist the urge to generalise and paint everybody with the same brush. Bad behavior is not equal to tribal groups.

Please in future let's avoid political discuss on this thread and stick strictly to football related matters. At best we can create a separate thread to debate all these issues to our heart's content.

codemaniacs:

I hope you're seeing what's happening in Su:dan.

If Yorubas don't impose themselves in and on Lagos then there will be riots and wars fought in Lagos against Yorubas with foreign interests supporting non-Yorubas.

A Su:dan like war in Lagos will affect every Nigerian who has relatives in Lagos.

Azikwe tried to politically get Lagos and the SW region.
Ojukwu tried to use warfare to get Lagos..
Peter Obi and CRV tried politically to get Lagos.

Your agreement is not needed.

Over 60 years and counting only Igbos have targeted and are still targeting Lagos and Yorubas.

TheGoodJoe said "Lagos is not made only for Yorubas" and over the years his not the only one who has this mindset and I'm cautioning him because such mentality leads to Sudan like and Rwanda like wars and Lagos is no where near SE Nigeria so if there's war in Lagos you can be sure it will be a pogrom against non-yorubas especially Igbos.

Is it a crime for Igbos to live and be successful in the SE where there own territory is?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:27pm On May 03, 2023
chrisooblog:
I have refrained from engaging in any political discuss on this thread but I will break the rule this one time to correct some of your impressions.

First you should realise we are all humans firstly before we start ascribing tribal identities to ourselves. Ethnic identities were labels we met when we were born so using that label to solely define our humanity is a misnomer for me cos I could easily have been born to an Igbo, Fulani or Bini household which could skew my current world view.

Yes it's normal to embrace or have pride in ones tribal affiliations but that shouldn't bestow on one visions of ethnic or tribal supremacy but rather what should give you pride is your level of humanity. And this goes for anyone promoting ethnic agenda to attack other groups whether Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo or Igede.

Yes you're at liberty to call out any hypocrisy or negative agenda but resist the urge to generalise and paint everybody with the same brush. Bad behavior is not equal to tribal groups.

Please in future let's avoid political discuss on this thread and stick strictly to football related matters. At best we can create a separate thread to debate all these issues to our heart's content.

Facts

this is the reason why I avoid religious and tribal debate

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 1:33pm On May 03, 2023
chrisooblog:

On Earth there's no humanity.. there's only survival of the fittest..

We are our ethnicity first before anything else.

And stop trying to detribalise people because when you do that you're disrespecting the ethnicity of that person.

When a person in a forest and a lion or a wild animal sees the person the lions first instinct is to survive by killing the person and eating the person

A human's first instinct is also to survive either by growing THEIR OWN crops to eat in THEIR OWN LAND or by killing other humans who have grown their crops and stealing the crops from the humans they have just killed and also stealing their land.

If you don't grow and maintain the crops in your OWN LAND then your eyes will be on the crops in other people's land and that will lead to you attacking other people and trying to manipulate them and confuse them that we are all humans.

That is the summary of I:gbos and f: ulanis in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:49pm On May 03, 2023
Nope you choose the labels you decide to give yourself.

Even though your parents are Yoruba if they have decided to give you an Igbo or Fulani name and raise you in those aforementioned tribes cultures you will have no idea of your so called 'Yorubaness'

I'm for mutual respect for all tribes and cultures however basic humanity I insist should be our watch word. The Roman Empire was once one of the most powerful nations on earth and I'm sure considered themselves the most civilized but what happened to them? They crumbled into obscurity and heaven didn't collapse.

codemaniacs:

On Earth there's no humanity.. there's only survival of the fittest..

We are our ethnicity first before anything else.

And stop trying to detribalise people because when you do that you're disrespecting the ethnicity of that person.

When a person in a forest and a lion or a wild animal sees the person the lions first instinct is to survive by killing the person and eating the person

A human's first instinct is also to survive either by growing THEIR OWN crops to eat in THEIR OWN LAND or by killing other humans who have grown their crops and stealing the crops from the humans they have just killed and also stealing their land.

If you don't grow and maintain the crops in your OWN LAND then your eyes will be on the crops in other people's land and that will lead to you attacking other people and trying to manipulate them and confuse them that we are all humans.

That is the summary of I:gbos and f: ulanis in Nigeria..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 2:02pm On May 03, 2023
If you want to know why Nigeria is where it is today. Why the country will continue moving around in circles? Why Nigeria is a nation and not a country ?? A Visit to Nairaland comment sections will give you the answers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 2:04pm On May 03, 2023
chrisooblog:
Nope you choose the labels you decide to give yourself.

Even though your parents are Yoruba if they have decided to give you an Igbo or Fulani name and raise you in those aforementioned tribes cultures you will have no idea of your so called 'Yorubaness'

I'm for mutual respect for all tribes and cultures however basic humanity I insist should be our watch word. The Roman Empire was once one of the most powerful nations on earth and I'm sure considered themselves the most civilized but what happened to them? They crumbled into obscurity and heaven didn't collapse.

Nope...

Again, the first instinct of humans is to survive so no matter where a person's parents are based they will always give their child an ethnic name.

If you were for mutual respect for all tribes then it's TheGoodJoe posts you would have quoted and discourage coveting other peoples fully grown crops ( wealth, politics, lands e.t.c ).

But like TheGoodJoe you're also hiding behind "we are all humans" and "we all have the same privileges as the indigenes" mentality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:11pm On May 03, 2023
Me and Goodjoe don't share the same opinions when it comes to political candidates but I refuse to attack his ethnicity which is what you're doing ironically doing what you say you're 'fighting' against.

codemaniacs:

Nope...

Again, the first instinct of humans is to survive so no matter where a person's parents are based they will always give their child an ethnic name.

If you were for mutual respect for all tribes then it's TheGoodJoe posts you would have quoted and discourage coveting other peoples fully grown crops ( wealth, politics, lands e.t.c ).

But like TheGoodJoe you're also hiding behind "we are all humans" and "we all have the same privileges as the indigenes" mentality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:12pm On May 03, 2023
Victor Osimhen Transfer News Update

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2023
codemaniacs:

Nope...

Can you show me the article that got you this worked up, because I have been perplexed at the amount of vile and hate you have gurged on this thread.

Maybe, you don't even understand what the Super Eagles stand for. UNITY.

We all have our strengths, but united, we are undefeatable. We can achieve so much when we unite in one goal.

When we won Atlanta 96, people from different parts of Nigeria came together in one voice.

When the bullets flew in Lekki Toll Gate, the bullets did not select Yorubas from Igbos, or Hausas from Fulani.

When the country is mismanged, there is no hiding place for the Igbos, or Anangs, or Yorubas. We all suffer the same.

Lagos was Federal Capital of Nigeria for long. Meaning, it was a collective growth and sacrifice from everyone. Resources and taxes from Igbo land, South South, North etc went into the development of Lagos.

Finally, Lagosians are not Yorubas. There are Igbos, Hausas, Anangs etc. That are Lagosian. A true governor of Lagos will look over all, not a selected few.

In Rivers State, just as Lagos, we have non-indigenes in Government cabinet. Why?

You have demonstrated a lot of ignorance for someone with a monica like codemaniacs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On May 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Bayern is not ready. Even if Osimhen is my younger brother, I will tell him to tell the heads of Napoli not to collect 100m euros.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:15pm On May 03, 2023
chrisooblog:
Me and Goodjoe don't share the same opinions when it comes to political candidates but I refuse to attack his ethnicity which is what you're doing ironically doing what you say you're 'fighting' against.

Ironically, I am Anang (from a part of Akwa Ibom State) and he is attacking me as Igbo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:20pm On May 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

I knew right from d beginning Bayern wonā€™t want to pay dt amount for an African player

Only Chelsea and psg are d viable options on ground..and I will prefer him to go to psg for obvious reason

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:46pm On May 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
If he goes to Bayern
Heā€™s guaranteed to win the Bundesliga & UEFa champions league within 10 years

Run away from PSG bro
Man Utd or Chelsea will be good options too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:50pm On May 03, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Bayern is not ready. Even if Osimhen is my younger brother, I will tell him to tell the heads of Napoli not to collect 100m euros.
no club will pay above 80-100m euros for osimhen unless chelsea

Napoli never ready to sell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 2:51pm On May 03, 2023
yinkeys:
If he goes to Bayern Heā€™s guaranteed to win the Bundesliga & UEFa champions league within 10 years
Run away from PSG bro Man Utd or Chelsea will be good options too
He should not near Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2023
Belgian giants anderlecht and club Brugge join clubs interested in Victor Boniface
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:57pm On May 03, 2023
Samueltemi337:
He should not near Chelsea
he should push for a move out of Naples. He has done enough to merit a big move to one of Europeā€™s big clubs. Also in terms of his age this is the right time to move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2023
yinkeys:

If he goes to Bayern
Heā€™s guaranteed to win the Bundesliga & UEFa champions league within 10 years

Run away from PSG bro
Man Utd or Chelsea will be good options too
Bayern will suit osimhen wella. He will score for fun as well as win loads of trophies in Germany

Also he stands a good chance winning the ucl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2023
charlesemeka85:
he should push for a move out of Naples. He has done enough to merit a big move to one of Europeā€™s big clubs. Also in terms of his age this is the right time to move
But not a move to Chelsea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:19pm On May 03, 2023
Real Madrid have captured (or close to capturing coz it's literally just a matter of time) England's Brightest Young Midfield talent, Jude Bellingham and they already have arguably the most physically dominant ball playing U24 CDM in the world in Aurelien Tchoumeni and ofcos Cama and Fede.

Na wa. That midfield is set for the next decade especially on the Physical profile makeup of this Madrid midfield aside Kroos & Modric.

Physical monsters with decent technical traits as well.

I can't wait for el classicos of 23/24 season featuring "TooMUCHMONEY"šŸ¤‘ Magic Maestro Pedri šŸ§™šŸ»Frenkie de classāœØļø and the Dynamo, Judeāš™ļø

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:20pm On May 03, 2023
Curtisaxel10:

I have never seen anybody so openly and boldly defending an ideology as vile as tribalism. Funny thing is that he will migrate to Europe tomorrow and complain about racism.
If we behave like this, then the purpose of this thread is defeated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 3:23pm On May 03, 2023
chrisooblog:

He his also attacking my ethnicity but you don't see it as an because you share the same views and opinions as him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 3:48pm On May 03, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Can you show me the article that got you this worked up, because I have been perplexed at the amount of vile and hate you have gurged on this thread.

Maybe, you don't even understand what the Super Eagles stand for. UNITY.

We all have our strengths, but united, we are undefeatable. We can achieve so much when we unite in one goal.

When we won Atlanta 96, people from different parts of Nigeria came together in one voice.

When the bullets flew in Lekki Toll Gate, the bullets did not select Yorubas from Igbos, or Hausas from Fulani.

When the country is mismanged, there is no hiding place for the Igbos, or Anangs, or Yorubas. We all suffer the same.

Lagos was Federal Capital of Nigeria for long. Meaning, it was a collective growth and sacrifice from everyone. Resources and taxes from Igbo land, South South, North etc went into the development of Lagos.

Finally, Lagosians are not Yorubas. There are Igbos, Hausas, Anangs etc. That are Lagosian. A true governor of Lagos will look over all, not a selected few.

In Rivers State, just as Lagos, we have non-indigenes in Government cabinet. Why?

You have demonstrated a lot of ignorance for someone with a monica like codemaniacs.
TheGoodJoe:

Ironically, I am Anang (from a part of Akwa Ibom State) and he is attacking me as Igbo.

The entire Lagos was never the capital of Nigeria... only a section of Lagos Island was the capital of Nigeria not the whole Lagos.

before Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and before the invasion by the br:itish thieves it was the commercial center of the Yoruba Empire all the way to the borders between Togo and Ghana was Yoruba territory...

When you call Lagos the collective growth of Nigerians then you are undermining the Yorubas and all the work they did and their ancestors did and achieved in Lagos..

When you say "Lagosians are not Yorubas" then you are undermining the Yorubas and it is the continuous undermining of Yorubas that gets Yoruba people worked up.. I am not perplexed at the amount of vile and hate you have against the Yorubas It is normal to you that's why you cannot see that parts of comments have serious vile and hate against the Yorubas...

when you say and post things about Tinubu it is due to vile and hatred against the Yorubas because Tinubu was never a governor in Akwa Ibom or anywhere outside Lagos so he did not take anything or any wealth from your people and other non-yoruba people so what Tinubu does and other SW governors and ex-politicians do is none of your business...

you don't see Yoruba people calling out non-yoruba politicians because it is not Yoruba peoples business and it does not affect the SW...

when the country is mismanaged we don't all suffer the same... suffering has levels..

the SE and Akwa-Ibom has been mismanaged for years how does that affect the SW..

people from the SE and Akwa-Ibom migrate in droves to the SW to avoid calling out their own politicians mismanagement of resources in their regions and put so much pressure on resources and infrastructure that Yorubas are meant to benefit from..

You have more topics about happenings in the SW in your profile than the happenings in Akwa-Ibom...

there's something wrong with you..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2023
Samueltemi337:
But not a move to Chelsea
and what makes you think chelsea will remain the way they re this season next term?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

More on Osimhen Transfer News....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2023
Meanwhile... Messi will leave PSG at the end of the 22/23 season. Fabrizio reports.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:00pm On May 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

I don't even wanted him near Bayern with Tuchel there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 4:04pm On May 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria U16/U15 News: 2023 International Dream Cup Invitation.

Nigeria U-16/U15 national team have been listed to participate in 2023 U-16 International Dream Cup in Japan.

The four-nation tournament launched in 2015 by Japan Football Association would have the Netherlands, Nigeria, Japan and United States compete in this year's edition in a robin-round format at the Fukushima, J-Village Stadium from 31 May to 4 June, 2023.

This is the second time Nigeria will feature at this competition following the 2019 edition where the team finished in third-place after a win and two losses from three games.

Source: FAJSports

Personal tots: Several of the brightest lads from the just concluded NPFL/La Liga U15 Promises should make this team. No dulling please.

Will any of the terrestrial tv show today's match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:13pm On May 03, 2023
Congo vs Somalia

Heard this is a Somalia's first goal at a CAF competition. Congo were the better side just not clinical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtUZgRtRCU

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14509) (14510) (14511) (14512) (14513) (14514) (14515) ... (16666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.