Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,019 members, 7,896,291 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12126774 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14590) (14591) (14592) (14593) (14594) (14595) (14596) ... (16449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 10:52am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
How can people praise this and are talking like this is phenomenal in this tactical era of the game.

Mourinho is getting left behind. Younger ones are advancing. Let us see how it plays out in the next five years.
Would you have preferred that Roma got all the ball possessions and shots attempts and still lost ?

If you’re the club owner would you prefer to be the better team and still lose ?

History remember only the winners tomorrow you’ll forget about leverkusen
Mourinho is a genius’s and tactical GOAT 🐐

You didn’t complain about inter sitting all back to beat Barca
You didn’t complain about Chelsea sitting all back to beat barca

What matters is results
He already won 1-0 at home the goal is to hold them to a draw and you’re golden

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 10:53am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
So called special one is packing bus against a rookie manager and people are hailing Mourinho.

Let us see where Mourinho will be I'm the next five years compared to Mourinho.

Bro I’m always at your side but this is ridiculous even by your standards

Who won the first leg ?

So why are you complaining because he used a tactical method to win the game

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 10:58am On May 19, 2023
Tinneh:
Just saw this on twitter, for people trying to downplay peps achievement

Relax boss
Look at the number off signings there you’ll have your answer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:58am On May 19, 2023
Amedino99:
Tnks man for the correction
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:01am On May 19, 2023
Tinneh:
Just saw this on twitter, for people trying to downplay peps achievement

Check well. Pellegrini, Mancini etc spent that money in Mancity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2023
typicalgamer:

Would you have preferred that Roma got all the ball possessions and shots attempts and still lost ?

If you’re the club owner would you prefer to be the better team and still lose ?

History remember only the winners tomorrow you’ll forget about leverkusen
Mourinho is a genius’s and tactical GOAT 🐐

You didn’t complain about inter sitting all back to beat Barca
You didn’t complain about Chelsea sitting all back to beat barca

What matters is results
He already won 1-0 at home the goal is to hold them to a draw and you’re golden

The bolded shows you do not know me at all.

I would prefer long-term success over short-term wins. The stats of Bayer Leverkusen shows a side that can become a long-term formidable force, although I don't think they can keep Xabi Alonso long before the big boys come calling.

You are celebrating Mourinho's win but I am more thrilled with the changes at Leverkusen.

As for Inter, I didn't support them in any way. The better side lost and Barcelona has gone on to win more league titles and Champions League titles than Inter. That was a short-term success but in the long term, Barcelona keeps producing results.

As for Chelsea, I never celebrated them over Barcelona. It is impossible. I always want to see good football win over negativity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06am On May 19, 2023
Amedino99:
that brother is not a 100m material. No one is denying that he has been brilliant but the simple point is that pep overpaid for grealish eod. It's even good that you picked his fellow gba players to categorize grealish. You sef look him stats for two seasons na, shey those stats for 100m player no dey shame you

Grealish has been one of the best players in the Premier League this season. If Anthony can cost over £80m, how should we be ashamed of paying £100m for one of the best players in the league?

Grealish has been outstanding. For an English lad, that is the right valuation. He has performed well. You can't deny it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:07am On May 19, 2023
Amedino99:
your hate for Mourinho is clouding your judgement. Mourinho has won 8 league titles across england, Spain, Italy and Portugal. You can't even count up to 10 coaches that have won more in Europe's top leagues.
he attaches so much sentiment and emotion when making majority of he’s statement with regards to the beautiful game

To him any thing that has nothing to do with pep,man city and barca to an extend doesn’t worth talking about

Mourinho even with he’s negative approach to games as many claim have seen and won it all in club football and will be among the greatest tacticians/coaches ever seen

Every coach has he’s preferred tactics/approach to games which mostly works out for them. It’s only an ignorant being will turn a blind eye to what Jose hv achieved in Rome in just 2 years with less financial backing

Football tactics doesn’t end in tiki taka and gen gen pressing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Imagine undermining a coach who hv won 2 ucl,2 uel,1 uefa confenrence trophy, leagues titles in different leagues just because he doesn’t play pretty football?

So funny!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10am On May 19, 2023
Papi85:
he attaches so much sentiment and emotion when making majority of he’s statement with regards to the beautiful game

To him any thing that has nothing to do with pep,man city and barca to an extend doesn’t worth talking about

Mourinho even with he’s negative approach to games as many claim have seen and won it all in club football and will be among the greatest tacticians/coaches ever seen

Every coach has he’s preferred tactics/approach to games which mostly works out for them. It’s only an ignorant being will turn a blind eye to what Jose hv achieved in Rome in just 2 years with less financial backing

Football tactics doesn’t end in tiki taka and gen gen pressing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Imagine undermining a coach who hv won 2 ucl,2 uel,1 uefa confenrence trophy, leagues titles in different leagues just because he doesn’t play pretty football?

So funny!!

The point is simple. Mourinho's style is getting outdated. Those trophies you are celebrating were long before the growth of the modern game. Since the modern game era has grown, Mourinho has been climbing down the ladder.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:10am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

You can not dominate a league by playing negative football. It might have worked in the past but with many teams adopting modern strategies, you can not dominate a league with such dross format of play.
grin UCL, UEL, UECL

What does the L stand for in these acronyms?

Emotive prejudice will give you a running stomach

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:11am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The bolded shows you do not know me at all.

I would prefer long-term success over short-term wins. The stats of Bayer Leverkusen shows a side that can become a long-term formidable force, although I don't think they can keep Xabi Alonso long before the big boys come calling.

You are celebrating Mourinho's win but I am more thrilled with the changes at Leverkusen.

As for Inter, I didn't support them in any way. The better side lost and Barcelona has gone on to win more league titles and Champions League titles than Inter. That was a short-term success but in the long term, Barcelona keeps producing results.

As for Chelsea, I never celebrated them over Barcelona. It is impossible. I always want to see good football win over negativity.

Your case go tire person o
Go back and look at the age of that inter team and Barca then you’ll tell me what’s up
That Barca team was just starting their dynasty

Mourinho won conference last year now he’s back in Europa final Omo
Fans like you that’s why we’ll always have peseiro as our head coach.

You clearly are a hater I’m sorry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:12am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I said League title dominance. Mourinho might win a few but never dominated. With time, his team cracks.

Guardiola dominates.
is the topic about comparing pep and Jose or what the latter hv achieved with a less fancied Roma in europe in 2 seasons?

What’s your hate on Jose and obsession with pep?

I once held you to high esteem as one who knows much about the beautiful game but in recent times you hv surprised me with your disposition on football tactics, coaching and player preference

I will advise you follow the game you claim you love with an open mind but not bias, sentiment and emotions

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:14am On May 19, 2023
typicalgamer:

Your case go tire person o
Go back and look at the age of that inter team and Barca then you’ll tell me what’s up
That Barca team was just starting their dynasty

Mourinho won conference last year now he’s back in Europa final Omo
Fans like you that’s why we’ll always have peseiro as our head coach.

You clearly are a hater I’m sorry
the oga is too bias and sentimental I swear

If it’s not pep, city or barca to an extend nothing else matters to him

He need to follow the game with an open mind 🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:17am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The point is simple. Mourinho's style is getting outdated. Those trophies you are celebrating were long before the growth of the modern game. Since the modern game era has grown, Mourinho has been climbing down the ladder.

Finito.
to you it’s getting outdated but he is still winning trophies with the same tactics as well as been wanted by top clubs in europe

He is been pressured by PSG to come to Paris while Madrid is still eyeing him as a possible replacement for Carlo if he leaves for the Brazilian national team job

Stop hating

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.
As if his trophy cabinet has dwindled in the "modern era"

grin Just this month your "modern era" coach had a basic 2 leg affair to trounce the "old era" and failed

As it is common to bad losers, "let's just look to the future" grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:18am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Grealish has been one of the best players in the Premier League this season. If Anthony can cost over £80m, how should we be ashamed of paying £100m for one of the best players in the league?

Grealish has been outstanding. For an English lad, that is the right valuation. He has performed well. You can't deny it.
one of the best players in the league?? Prove it with stats na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20am On May 19, 2023
Papi85:
is the topic about comparing pep and Jose or what the latter hv achieved with a less fancied Roma in europe in 2 seasons?

What’s your hate on Jose and obsession with pep?

I once held you to high esteem as one who knows much about the beautiful game but in recent times you hv surprised me with your disposition on football tactics, coaching and player preference

I will advise you follow the game you claim you love with an open mind but not bias, sentiment and emotions
I am not pro-pep or anti-mou. I am pro football. I love good football and I like to see good football win.

It took me time to understand that the benefits of good football come with time and not cutting corners.

That is why I did not rep Rohr.

That is why I am not crazy about Peseiro.

That is why I always called on Ugbade to stop the long balls and work on a possessive play.

It has nothing to do with personalities.

What prompted my comments today was seeing people celebrating the absolute dross of Mourinho as a tactical masterclass. For goodness sake, he played like like Worthington FC playing against Real Madrid.

He was outclassed in all fashions of the game and only got lucky that Bayer Leverkusen could not convert their chances. That is why in the long run, Mourinho will keep going down. The stats are stacked against him. That is why Inter has beaten his Roma side repeatedly.

So, playing poorly can never be called a tactical masterclass. It is actually poor tactics relying on luck. That is why Greece used it and disappeared into oblivion.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:21am On May 19, 2023
Papi85:
the oga is too bias and sentimental I swear

If it’s not pep, city or barca to an extending nothing else matters to him

He need to follow the game with an open mind 🤣

Worse part I’m even a mourino hater but this guy go over and beyond

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:21am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.
you are the same person who made case for effectiveness at the expense of flamboyancy but now against the same case you brought up

Leverkusen flamboyance and attacking football were knocked out by a rigid and defensive Roma team to make it to the finals so to this regard which team/coach deserve to be tagged effective and result oriented here?🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 11:22am On May 19, 2023
typicalgamer:

Relax boss
Look at the number off signings there you’ll have your answer
Nahh bro , I'll say it's money wellspent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23am On May 19, 2023
Amedino99:
one of the best players in the league?? Prove it with stats na

Top 10 Best wingers in the Premier League 2023

Jack Grealish (7.22) (Ranked no. 2 by this site behind Saka)

Jack Grealish has witnessed a big leap from an uninspiring start to life at the Etihad stadium. The Englishman joined the club for a British transfer record, hoping to bring more offensive capabilities.

So far, Jack Grealish has become the go-to option for city boss Pep Guardiola due to his ability to play dual roles which include in the attacking midfield and as a winger.

Grealish, who endured a troubled first year at Manchester City, has consistently become one of the players with the most appearances this season. Apart from that, he has recorded almost eight goal contributions.

“I feel I am in the best form, especially since I moved to the City. At the moment, I feel a bit as I did at Aston Villa. I feel like one of the main players.” said Jack Grealish, according to The Mirror.

https://interestingfootball.com/best-wingers-in-the-premier-league/#:~:text=So%20far%2C%20Jack%20Grealish%20has,the%20most%20appearances%20this%20season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:24am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That is why Inzaghi has been Doro knacking Mourinho left right and center. It is hard for big clubs to spend big on Mourinho's poor tactics. Why spend so much on players when in big games, all they have to do is to sit back and clear the ball out? grin

How many zeros had Inzaghi been knocking him,

you are a very funny Man, very very funny, if I don't know better, I did say comedian is your calling

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:25am On May 19, 2023
typicalgamer:

Worse part I’m even a mourino hater but this guy go over and beyond
I love Jose’s personality but not a fan of he’s tactical approach in games but that doesn’t deny the fact on what he has achieved with less fancied Roma in just 2 years

I love Jose because he isn’t a pretender who pose to be nice to the media/outside world but something different in person. A realest who say things the way they are which I will say is the same with me

He is not pretentious just to be tagged a nice guy by the media 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2023
Papi85:
you are the same person who made case for effectiveness at the expense of flamboyancy but now against the same case you brought up

Leverkusen flamboyance and attacking football were knocked out by a rigid and defensive Roma team to make it to the finals so to this regard which team/coach deserve to be tagged effective and result oriented here?🤣

Possession football is about effectiveness. Leverkusen had more shots, more shots on target, created the most chances by a large fraction. That is effectiveness and result-oriented.

Mourinho defended and hoped they did not score. Mourinho was fortunate and not tactical.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26am On May 19, 2023
do4luv14:

you are a very funny Man, very very funny, if I don't know better, I did say comedian is your calling

Okay, Inzaghi beating Mourinho like thief back-to-back. Is that better?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:28am On May 19, 2023
Odunayaw:
As if his trophy cabinet has dwindled in the "modern era"

grin Just this month your "modern era" coach had a basic 2 leg affair to trounce the "old era" and failed

As it is common to bad losers, "let's just look to the future" grin

Mourinho parking bus like a scared chicken against a rookie coach because he knows he can't stand toe-to-toe with the rookie. That is all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:28am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Possession football is about effectiveness. Leverkusen had more shots, more shots on target, created the most chances by a large fraction. That is effectiveness and result-oriented.

Mourinho defended and hoped they did not score. Mourinho was fortunate and not tactical.

Finito.
oga with possession football and 1000 shots on target who made it to the final?

Or are you trying to tell me that possession coupled with shots on target is now effective than achieving result which is the main objective in a football match?🥺😳
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:29am On May 19, 2023
Papi85:
to you it’s getting outdated but he is still winning trophies with the same tactics as well as been wanted by top clubs in europe

He is been pressured by PSG to come to Paris while Madrid is still eyeing him as a possible replacement for Carlo if he leaves for the Brazilian national team job

Stop hating

Conference league and now Europa. Remember he used to coach Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid.

Forgetting his losing streak in Manchester United that got him kicked out of the club?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:30am On May 19, 2023
do4luv14:

the bros matter is worrisome I swear🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Way too sentimental 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:30am On May 19, 2023
Papi85:
oga with possession football and 1000 shots on target who made it to the final?

Or are you trying to tell me that possession coupled with shots on target is now effective than achieving result which is the main objective in a football match?🥺😳

In the long term, the possessive/offensive side will succeed more.

That is why Pep is winning multiple leagues in the Premier league and Mourinho can't win one.

The final has to do with luck and not tactical brilliance

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:31am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Jack Grealish has witnessed a big leap from an uninspiring start to life at the Etihad stadium. The Englishman joined the club for a British transfer record, hoping to bring more offensive capabilities.

So far, Jack Grealish has become the go-to option for city boss Pep Guardiola due to his ability to play dual roles which include in the attacking midfield and as a winger.

Grealish, who endured a troubled first year at Manchester City, has consistently become one of the players with the most appearances this season. Apart from that, he has recorded almost eight goal contributions.

“I feel I am in the best form, especially since I moved to the City. At the moment, I feel a bit as I did at Aston Villa. I feel like one of the main players.” said Jack Grealish, according to The Mirror.

https://interestingfootball.com/best-wingers-in-the-premier-league/#:~:text=So%20far%2C%20Jack%20Grealish%20has,the%20most%20appearances%20this%20season.
LMAO 🤣🤣. Post his goals and assist oga.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:33am On May 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

7 goals and assist for one of the best players in the EPL🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14590) (14591) (14592) (14593) (14594) (14595) (14596) ... (16449) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AlbertoIancu, komekn(m), Dsimmer, TheGoodJoe(m) and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.