Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,157 members, 7,949,971 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12435359 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15170) (15171) (15172) (15173) (15174) (15175) (15176) ... (16678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
Elder Kog sir.. This is quite simple.

1. It was Nerdie's list. Anybody can come up with his own list.

2. Awoniyi was not in the equation because he was not available for the last friendlies due to injury.

3. Awoniyi do get his deserved praises her on this thread. Nobody will just put him aside without any reason when the talk about Afcon squad arises here.

4. Humility didn't in anyway mention tribalism. He said something about political talk.

5. The intent of the Forgiveness was well understood by most of us here because it was so glaring.

6. As for who is more technical, this is not done in any way to bring one player down. Since we are using a 2-man strike force, it is highly important that we choose the best pair that is complementary. This is where we dissect each players strength and weaknesses. Nacho, Sadiq and Boniface are quite flexible which set them up in a group. Osimhen and Awoniyi are target men. The 'bullish' ones grin . Tactically, it is not advisable to pair them together since they are quite similar. Saying Boniface and Osimhen is our best pair doesn't put Awo down in anyway. In short, Awoniyi is in competition with Osimhen for that half pair of the twin strike force.

Glaring how? You simply assumed. Even the person who started the conversation has stayed above this talk of agenda or the suspicion of it. And that's the way to go. Kog45 always says let's discuss football. (me too I veer of sometimes talking politics but I have no agenda sha oo)

There was nothing in forgiveness' post that suggested or cleared showed any tribal or political agenda. Instead of attacking his points on a footballing basis, you guys find it easy to pigeon hole him as advancing an ethnic or political agenda. That was basically what humility07 did and the rest have latched on to it.

I have read all his exchanges on this issue and I do not see how you guys see an agenda.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
The issue is not who plays but who jostles for the 4th striker slot. You dey whine me? grin

So, in your imagination, Awoniyi should jostle for the 4th striker slot. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Ekpeeeeee! grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
For now, he actually is. Emotional grandstanding is not analysis.

Chrisooblog gave you tactical reasons why he is. I will give you a lecture.

Others have grown in their football knowledge overtime while you are still stuck on emotions and sentiments-based analysis.

Show us where it is said that Awo isn't in top 6 Naija CF today. I can see how you cowardly avoid addressing that. 😂😂

forgiveness:

Wetin concern me with tweets or were em come from?

I don't have any problem with Boniface. He is a fine player but he is not better than Awoniyi for now. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
Elder Kog sir.. This is quite simple.

1. It was Nerdie's list. Anybody can come up with his own list.

2. Awoniyi was not in the equation because he was not available for the last friendlies due to injury.

3. Awoniyi do get his deserved praises her on this thread. Nobody will just put him aside without any reason when the talk about Afcon squad arises here.

4. Humility didn't in anyway mention tribalism. He said something about political talk.

5. The intent of the Forgiveness was well understood by most of us here because it was so glaring.

6. As for who is more technical, this is not done in any way to bring one player down. Since we are using a 2-man strike force, it is highly important that we choose the best pair that is complementary. This is where we dissect each players strength and weaknesses. Nacho, Sadiq and Boniface are quite flexible which set them up in a group. Osimhen and Awoniyi are target men. The 'bullish' ones grin . Tactically, it is not advisable to pair them together since they are quite similar. Saying Boniface and Osimhen is our best pair doesn't put Awo down in anyway. In short, Awoniyi is in competition with Osimhen for that half pair of the twin strike force.

And then again this idea that both of them cannot be paired together is coming from analysis based on how many matches? 3? 5?

Didnt Westerhof use Rashidi a power player together with an explosive Amokachi known as the Bull?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
Mujtahida:

Even that argument has been made and no one put their hackles up.

Really!? That's preposterous. Boniface better than Osimhen. Where? I am yet to come across it. grin grin

Boniface wey never won shingbin over Seria A top goalscorer. grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2023
For now, Boniface is better than Osimhen, Haaland, Mbappe combined. Chaiiiiiiiiiiiii! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
forgiveness:

Hahahahahahaha! You got the point but from what I observed here, it's not about injury. They believe Awoniyi should jostle for fourth striker slot with other srrikers. Meaning he is not rated. shocked shocked cool grin

I was like, you don't mean it!? grin
Me oo, I only know Osimhen as number 1. Number 2, 3, 4 can be any of the other deputies except Sadiq who I don't consider a SE attacker sef

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
I'm sorry to say this but the bolded is exactly what you're doing. You were not here when Awoniyi was celebrated here when he was scoring goals. Forest is playing EPL this season partially because of this guy.
How did you reach this conclusion based on the exchanges today? There is absolutely nothing you can point to to support your argument that he has an agenda based on today's conversation oo. You are merely imputing such motives to him based on how he's been cast on this thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
Mujtahida:

I agree. We don't produce strikers like these guys. Iheanacho would have been like them but then he's not like them. Boniface is.
iheanacho is more like Griezman

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
Mujtahida:

Me oo, I only know Osimhen as number 1. Number 2, 3, 4 can be any of the other deputies except Sadiq who I don't consider a SE attacker sef

Do you know that this same Sadiq was brought to this house attention by me when he was still nobody at Roma? grin

They fought me nail and tooth for mentioning him then. grin

Osimhen is undisputed number 1. No doubt about it. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
Mujtahida:

Glaring how? You simply assumed. Even the person who started the conversation has stayed above this talk of agenda or the suspicion of it. And that's the way to go. Kog45 always says let's discuss football. (me too I veer of sometimes talking politics but I have no agenda sha oo)

There was nothing in forgiveness' post that suggested or cleared showed any tribal or political agenda. Instead of attacking his points on a footballing basis, you guys find it easy to pigeon hole him as advancing an ethnic or political agenda. That was basically what humility07 did and the rest have latched on to it.

I have read all his exchanges on this issue and I do not see how you guys see an agenda.
Please I don't have the time and energy for back and forth. Kindly revert to my previous response to you. You can even go back couple of pages and read through the arguments.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2023
mostob:
Please I don't have the time and energy for back and forth. Kindly revert to my previous response to you. You can even go back couple of pages and read through the arguments.
But you certainly have energy in fostering this idea that he has an agenda for which I see not even a shred of evidence. Forget agenda. Discuss football. That's my point

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
forgiveness:

Really!? That's preposterous. Boniface better than Osimhen. Where? I am yet to come across it. grin grin

Boniface wey never won shingbin over Seria A top goalscorer. grin grin grin
I've read it here. Can't really remember who made the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2023
Mujtahida:

Some of us have forgotten years ago how some guys came to this thread and disrupted our peace based on tribalism and TheSuperNerd should remember this period,It was hot here so reason why I always preaching pure football talks,even if one see agenda coloration let it slides.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2023
ChrisKels:

Technically(skillfully) Boniface is better than Osimhen, but Osimhen is a better striker because he presses better and scores more. Awoniyi is similar to Osimhen in style but Osimhen scores more than him.

Awoniyi does not offer something different from what Osimhen offers already, that is why some people will pick Boniface as more important because he offers something different.

To me, it is;

Osimhen (sub Awoniyi)

Boniface (sub Moffi)

Gift Orban.
I do think Boniface offers something different. I'm just letting forgiveness know that Boniface has been compared with Osimhen not to talk of Awoniyi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by etebefia: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2023
This small football wey we dey discuss here, una don carry Emilokan, ourlokan, and ronu enter am.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
Mujtahida:

I've read it here. Can't really remember who made the point.

That person must be deluded. grin

I for check but i no get power.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
Mujtahida:

I do think Boniface offers something different. I'm just letting forgiveness know that Boniface has been compared with Osimhen not to talk of Awoniyi.
Oga all these talks na Afcon performance go settle am….someone like me wey don Dey watch dis game tey tey na three caps player I go come rate above Osimhen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
elyte89:

Sadiq umar is very intelligent…But his body fails him most times and he hardly scores …like I said earlier in my post ….even if our team is playing bad, Sadiq will create dt chance for himself from no where ..I respect him for dt
Had it been he converts most of his chances ,we won’t even b discussing who shld pair osimhen upfront

But he’s just dt hypertensive style of a player dt can kill d fans with d way he misses chances upon chances

Go and watch sadiq most games in eagles shirt..he’s not d boring striker dt won’t give u something to say..it’s eida u curse him or praise him.. d former happens most times.

Look at d match against Tunisia 🇹🇳, d moment he was on d pitch..look at d chances he created and wasted ,he could av won d match for us had it been otherwise.

You have analyzed him well but despite all this it's just difficult for me to see him as a SE striker. If not you guys talking about him, he hardly registers in my mind oo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kog45:
Oga all these talks na Afcon performance go settle am….someone like wey don Dey watch dis game tey tey na three caps player I go come rate above Osimhen
Any striker that scores consistently for the SE na im be my man ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kog45:
Oga all these talks na Afcon performance go settle am….someone like me wey don Dey watch dis game tey tey na three caps player I go come rate above Osimhen
Any striker that scores consistently for the SE na im be my man ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Mujtahida:

Any striker that scores consistently for the SE na im be my man ooo.
As it stand Iheanacho has proved to be a player to rely on behind main striker not even Boniface based on our last three matches.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kog45:
As it stand Iheanacho has proved to be a player to rely on behind main striker not even Boniface based on our last three matches.
Yes. Reliability. One time we weren't too sure how Iheanacho fits into the team. Some of us even said he distorts the team's set up. But he's been quite effective in the last two games he played.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
etebefia:
This small football wey we dey discuss here, una don carry Emilokan, ourlokan, and ronu enter am.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
geomustee:
Striker ratings presently based on present and past from

1. OSIMHEN: PRESSING ABILITY & AERIAL STRENHGT

2. AWONIYI: AWARENESS & HEAVY PRESENCE

3. BONIFACE: SKILLFULL AND MODERATELY TECHNICAL

4. IHEANACHO: FINISHER & DEAD BALL ABILITY

5. MOFFI: SHOOTING ABILITY R2😁 & GREAT BUILDUP PLAY

☑️MY TRUTH 🙏🏾👍🏾

What's the unit of measurement that you used to reach the conclusion with KC.

Because if he was such a clinical finisher he would have the goals to prove it. But bhe doesn't.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
ChrisKels:
Ever since Victor Boniface tweeted that he is actually an Edo boy, though he grew up in Ondo State, Forgiveness' life hasn't been the same. grin

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kog45:

I know we are heavily negatively biased against older players ( officially)

But is he better than Ighalo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2023
komekn:

I know we are heavily negatively biased against older players ( officially)

But is he better than Ighalo?
Odion don quit

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
First choice in the Cyproit league?
Uzhorror when dey warm bench for Cyprus steady

komekn:
Talking about goalkeepers.

Since we simply don't have one , could we go wrong with Okonkwo, considerating how poor Uzoho is past and present.

Media talk about Okonkwo says he has something, having been a reserve goal keeper for Arsenal is a lot better than being first choice in the Cypriot league IMO.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2023
or maybe the guy that plays in Northern Ireland.
Kog45:
Peseiro already discovered a keeper based on recommendation and is willing to travel to discuss with the keeper but I don’t know maybe is Okonkwo or Atubolu

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2023
Joebie:
or maybe the guy that plays in Northern Ireland.
What is the name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Why? 6 weeks from today is like end of November right? And AFCON is in January, no be so?

Napoli would find an excuse to keep him back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15170) (15171) (15172) (15173) (15174) (15175) (15176) ... (16678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.