Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,823 members, 7,872,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11986846 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15294) (15295) (15296) (15297) (15298) (15299) (15300) ... (16391) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
Oliseh as a full grown man took responsibility for his decision.

I seriously doubt that Oliseh who had seriously disagreements with the football authorities during his time as a player will now allow himself to be used when he's not a child.

Like I said before their is no clear link to show that Oliseh was a willing tool of anyone in the NFF to get rid of Enyeama.

What makes it harder to believe is that the same leadership went to meet Vincent the next day.

Whatever the case may be you firmly believe what you believe and usual even if 100 pieces of evidence are brought before you it's highly unlikely you will change your stance.

TheGoodJoe:

There was nothing to handle. The captain of the Super Eagles lost his mother and buried her that weekend to camp opening.

Absolutely nothing.

Like he was burying his mum. He needed comfort and was just a day late. Which should be allowed and excused.

I don't believe Oliseh had a personal issue with Enyeama.

The only thing was the NFF wanted Enyeama out. This is beyond speculation. We knew they wanted him out.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2023
chrisooblog:
Click on this link to vote Osimhen for the Global soccer award

https://vote.globesoccer.com/vote/best-men-player-2023/?embed=false
noticed when it comes to voting by fan, Nigeria don't come close to north Africans even with our 200 million population.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tobichimezie: 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
zicky:
noticed when it comes to voting by fan, Nigeria don't come close to north Africans even with our 200 million population.
Not necessarily about population, maybe we don't have enough mobile data users compared to most African countries as we claim.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
Tobichimezie:

Not necessarily about population, maybe we don't have enough mobile data users compared to most African countries as we claim.
or should we be looking at the poverty rate in those countries campare to Nigeria. Personally I would want someone to convince me Nigeria population is upto 200 million. During election we see less than 30 million voters. During football match we hardly fill up the stadium.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2023
Tobichimezie:

Or maybe you overestimate how many people care enough about their footballers in this age of competing vanities.

BBNaija is enough to clear any doubt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

You are mixing it up.

Enyeama buried his mother on the 4th of October and returned to camp the 9th. A day after camp opened. Not months.

It is obvious Oliseh used that one day slip to carry out the bidding of the NFF people that wanted Enyeama out.

Enyeama was a stumbling block to the guys in the glass house and his audacity to speak against their wrong action looks the problem.

Oga.... fear God small. Don't present this argument as facts. We have exhausted this issue in the past. Many people look at this issue from a particular perspective that seeks to vilify Oliseh whether inadvertently or inocuously. I was privileged to speak to the spokes person of NFF at that time. I don't want to mention his name. This was mainly clash of egos. Many are talking here because of sentiments towards the fact that Enyeama just buried his mum. While that is very sad, it shouldn't be weaponised to sway us from the truth. I have watched Enyeama's interviews as well as Oliseh's interview. I don't want to say much but the narrative needs to be corrected. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:06am On Nov 24, 2023
kennysville:

Oga.... fear God small. Don't present this argument as facts. We have exhausted this issue in the past. Many people look at this issue from a particular perspective that seeks to vilify Oliseh whether inadvertently or inocuously. I was privileged to speak to the spokes person of NFF at that time. I don't want to mention his name. This was mainly clash of egos. Many are talking here because of sentiments towards the fact that Enyeama just buried his mum. While that is very sad, it shouldn't be weaponised to sway us from the truth. I have watched Enyeama's interviews as well as Oliseh's interview. I don't want to say much but the narrative needs to be corrected. Thanks

After saying fear God and saying you talked to NFF spokesperson, you have literally not said anything.

I have given my reason for my train of thought. If you disagree, you need to make your point.

Finally, I am yet to see a reason why it was a clash of egos. Enyeama is the captain and just buried his mum. Why strip him his captain band and say he has ego?
Please there is no blame on Enyeama for that.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:09am On Nov 24, 2023
chrisooblog:

I seriously doubt that Oliseh who had seriously disagreements with the football authorities during his time as a player will now allow himself to be used when he's not a child.

Like I said before their is no clear link to show that Oliseh was a willing tool of anyone in the NFF to get rid of Enyeama.

What makes it harder to believe is that the same leadership went to meet Vincent the next day.

Whatever the case may be you firmly believe what you believe and usual even if 100 pieces of evidence are brought before you it's highly unlikely you will change your stance.

You are yet to bring an evidence or reason to support your claim. I have.given a clear reason for my view. There were reports even before Oliseh took the job that some members in NFF wanted Enyeama out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:21am On Nov 24, 2023
kennysville:

Sir Kenny,pls clarity from you on this talks.

Former Super eagles media assistant and later Sports Minister SA is a friend and I want tell you politicking in NFF regarding Super eagles is higher than what we are seeing on the news.

Sunday Oliseh appointing Musa as captain was just to get the cabal backing and to remain as Super eagles coach against any odds.It was later, Amaju realized that Oliseh was a mistake.

Oliseh goofed on Enyeama and Siasia brought normalcy into the situation by appointing Mikel as captain….Siasia did this with respect by having tête-à-tête with Musa in his room.

A player with 101 caps,lost his mum and came to camp and the next thing was to announce during the dinner that he was no longer the captain of the team for no genuine reason.

Enyeama deserved an explanation but Oliseh was not ready to explain,haba a player with over 100 caps,total disrespectful,pls can Oliseh takes that?NO .

The next thing was to appoint Musa just to spite and frustrate Mikel and other old boys out of the team.

Amaju wading in was just face saving,nothing more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:35am On Nov 24, 2023
kennysville:

Is this not a ridiculous statement from the so called NFF spokesperson?

Did Enyeama quit Super Eagles because he quarrelled with Oliseh or he left because he was stripped off his captaincy just after burying his mother? Is it not him getting stripped of his band that led to the quarrel? Let them tell us why Enyeama was stripped his captain band. Let us know what he did wrong before saying clash of egos.

Egos ke.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:04am On Nov 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Did Enyeama quit Super Eagles because he quarrelled with Oliseh or he left because he was stripped off his captaincy just after burying his mother? Is it not him getting stripped of his band that led to the quarrel? Let them tell us why Enyeama was stripped his captain band. Let us know what he did wrong before saying clash of egos.

Egos ke.
Oliseh sold a dummy to Amaju and he fell for it

Enyeama did nothing wrong to be stripped of eagles captain but NFF wanted him out and Oliseh acted the script in a very poorly executed manner.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 5:50am On Nov 24, 2023
Good morning house, may you have a blissful weekend. 🙏

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 5:50am On Nov 24, 2023
elyte89:
https://thenationonlineng.net/revealed-eagles-senior-players-want-peseiro-axed/

E fit b say na ekong go lead dis protest o cos as gbaisero relegate bab from being a starter to a state of oblivion 😀

It is long overdue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:21am On Nov 24, 2023
Everybody don sha see Naija finish 🤣😭
So, Transfermarkt asked who would be the favorite to join Madrid in the next transfer window 🪟
▶️ Timo Werner
▶️Mauro Icardi
▶️ Victor Boniface

Just see the reaction below 👇🏾🤣

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 7:54am On Nov 24, 2023
Kog45:
Yea conspiracy and it involved NFF and Oliseh,reason why I will never respect Oliseh…You can’t used Keshi or Siasia for that kind of shit

Egbon, was Keshi any better ? Let’s stop defending the atrocities Keshi also committed. Did he not also get rid of players when he was the coach of the team?

A coach that selects the like of Nwafor , Uchebo and Ameobi for the WC , deserves hell.

Even as a player, a host of the players who came into the Eagles around that era had to subscribe to the big boss or you are excluded from the inner caucus. Keshi that led a Belgium – based boycott in the late 80s. Dude held the country hostage for years as a player.

Oliseh as a player was outspoken and ended up getting betrayed by Okocha and Kanu after they all agreed to strike. It was the betrayal that resulted in the premature exit of Oliseh , Finidi and Agali amongst others from our team. This led to us taking an immature team to 2002 and the freefall of our team that climaxed at our exit from 2006 WC.

Oliseh was a fantastic leader on and off the pitch. I pray he gets the SE job.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2023
zicky:
or should we be looking at the poverty rate in those countries campare to Nigeria. Personally I would want someone to convince me Nigeria population is upto 200 million. During election we see less than 30 million voters. During football match we hardly fill up the stadium.
Please can you or anyone post the link on how to vote 🗳 VICTOR OSIMHEN on CAF website 🙏🙏🙏…

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2023
Joezinho:

Egbon, was Keshi any better ? Let’s stop defending the atrocities Keshi also committed. Did he not also get rid of players when he was the coach of the team?

A coach that selects the like of Nwafor , Uchebo and Ameobi for the WC , deserves hell.

Even as a player, a host of the players who came into the Eagles around that era had to subscribe to the big boss or you are excluded from the inner caucus. Keshi that led a Belgium – based boycott in the late 80s. Dude held the country hostage for years as a player.

Oliseh as a player was outspoken and ended up getting betrayed by Okocha and Kanu after they all agreed to strike. It was the betrayal that resulted in the premature exit of Oliseh , Finidi and Agali amongst others from our team. This led to us taking an immature team to 2002 and the freefall of our team that climaxed at our exit from 2006 WC.

Ameobi merited his World Cup invitation after the game against Italy.

Keshi had a history of making wild calls. Some paid off like Aaron Samuel, Oboabona, Mba, and Michael Babatunde, and some didn't like Nwafor and co.

This actually shows resilience. Keshi was literally at war with the NFF all through his time as Head Coach. That shows the glass house members could hardly control him. Same could be said of Siasia.

The Critique here on Oliseh is that he was likely arm twisted to discard Enyeama and we don't think they could do that to Keshi or Siasia.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2023
Joezinho:

At the bolded, before the WC Sola Amoeba said in one of the interview he granted that Keshi has promised him he would go to world when he played a friendly.

Yes, in every organization there’s favoritism, but that shouldn’t be done to the detriment and general well-being of d team, this is one of d grouse I av with local coaches until pajero defiantly discarded the record.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2023
If you we studied his time at Fortuna Sittard, we would see a similar pattern.

chrisooblog:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 123jamessmith: 11:19am On Nov 24, 2023
Let's be sincere with ourself in this platform. Yes, kashi won the AFCON but how many of you here can beat your chest and say that kashi didnt take bribe to select players for the 2014 world cup.
I waited for that list to come out, that list came in the middle of night, players that didnt even play the qualifiers made the list.
Keshi was one of the most corrupt coach to ever coach Super Eagles. Almost 10 of the players that make that 2014 world cup list where not suppose to be there. They all paid their way to team. We can mention names if you want.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2023
Joezinho:

Oga Joe,the main discourse here is on Enyeama forceful retirement.

Well I see some always ridiculing Keshi on 2014 WC which still equaled 1994 and 1998 team record of second round

I followed Keshi passionately and read a lot about him right from St Finbarrs Akoka Lagos to Fly eagles,to super eagles and how he got banned from playing football in Nigeria for coming to camp late after played for NNB in WAFU cup final,after the match he went on a night journey but camp closed midnight…He was devastated,wept like a baby and this force a very young man to leave Nigeria to Ivory Coast the rest is history….

…on Keshi inner caucus making the team in the 80s?did you know Keshi came back to eagles in 1988 and force himself to play Afcon 88,flew in and out of Morocco cuz Anderlecht gave him a condition….After 88,he was out again until 1991.

Did you know Keshi’s real pals were Sunday Ebougbe,Bright Omokaro,Wilfred Agbonavbare,Henry Nwosu who was his school mate in St Finbarrs,and his best friend was Ademola Adeshina,now tell me how Keshi influenced their national team careers.

On Sunday Oliseh,I followed him in RFC Leige with Victor Ikpeba before he played his debut match against Ethiopia,so nothing against him but he messed up handling Enyeama issue.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2023
123jamessmith:
Let's be sincere with ourself in this platform. Yes, kashi won the AFCON but how many of you here can beat your chest and say that kashi didnt take bribe to select players for the 2014 world cup.
I waited for that list to come out, that list came in the middle of night, players that didnt even play the qualifiers made the list.
Keshi was one of the most corrupt coach to ever coach Super Eagles. Almost 10 of the players that make that 2014 world cup list where not suppose to be there. They all paid their way to team. We can mention names if you want.
I know if Peseiro is a local you would have accused him of collecting bribes from Uzoho and Aribo….did you know how Dosu Joseph made Atlanta 96 team….na to Dey hammer local coaches

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 123jamessmith: 11:34am On Nov 24, 2023
Keshi was collecting bribe openly, Everybody was aware of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
Troost Ekong has not been getting call up of recent to the National Team despite still playing actively in his club. Has he been banned or not good enough again? Just wondering

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
123jamessmith:
He was collecting bribes openly?oya name one open bribery allegation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oliseh almost ruined our football by calling up players playing for his brothers club. We all thought we wouldn't make it to 2018 World Cup after the qualifying draw but Rohr came in to save the team then! Olise's tenure was filled with Chaos! We don't want someone like that! I prefer a Finidi- A man who lets his work do the talking!
Joezinho:

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
How is that statement ridiculous? Everyone knows Olise is stubborn and irrational in decision making! He actually decided to let go of Vincent because he felt he could rely on Ikeme! We all know what happened to Ikeme after and since then we have being having goalkeeper issues.
It was simply a clash of egos! Olise wants to show he is in-charge and find it difficult getting along with someone who has a similar personalty to him!
TheGoodJoe:

Egos ke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
Marjoribanks:
How is that statement ridiculous? Everyone knows Olise is stubborn and irrational in decision making! He actually decided to let go of Vincent because he felt he could rely on Ikeme! We all know what happened to Ikeme after and since then we have being having goalkeeper issues.
It was simply a clash of egos! Olise wants to show he is in-charge and find it difficult getting along with someone who has a similar personalty to him!

Vincent Enyeama was stripped of his captain band before he arrived camp. So how is it that it was a clash of egos that led to him losing his captain band? That is a ridiculous statement. From the news, Oliseh stripped Enyeama's band for arriving late to camp, when he was burying his mum and returned a day late. There was no clash of egos. Enyeama left the camp after being stripped of his band irrationally. Not clash of egos.

How is picking Ikeme a clash of egos?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
123jamessmith:

Bloody lie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
123jamessmith:

Keshi was actually a man that had foresight which counted as being corrupt to many. I openly criticised the callup of Michael Babatunde for instance but when he played, many of us shut up. Just as many criticised his call up of Oboabona and Mba, and they delivered.

Some flopped and some performed. Even when he called Amoebi the first time, it drew criticism, but in the game against Italy, many shut up. He even got recalled to the starting lineup of Newcastle.

Keshi's vision and view of the game was beyond the thinking of many.

France had to cheat us to win. That was how good Keshi was. Leave the negativity and respect the LEGENDARY BIG BOSS.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kog45:
Oga Joe,the main discourse here is on Enyeama forceful retirement.

Well I see some always ridiculing Keshi on 2014 WC which still equaled 1994 and 1998 team record of second round

I followed Keshi passionately and read a lot about him right from St Finbarrs Akoka Lagos to Fly eagles,to super eagles and how he got banned from playing football in Nigeria for coming to camp late after played for NNB in WAFU cup final,after the match he went on a night journey but camp closed midnight…He was devastated,wept like a baby and this force a very young man to leave Nigeria to Ivory Coast the rest is history….

…on Keshi inner caucus making the team in the 80s?did you know Keshi came back to eagles in 1988 and force himself to play Afcon 88,flew in and out of Morocco cuz Anderlecht gave him a condition….After 88,he was out again until 1991.

Did you know Keshi’s real pals were Sunday Ebougbe,Bright Omokaro,Wilfred Agbonavbare,Henry Nwosu who was his school mate in St Finbarrs,and his best friend was Ademola Adeshina,now tell me how Keshi influenced their national team careers.

On Sunday Oliseh,I followed him in RFC Leige with Victor Ikpeba before he played his debut match against Ethiopia,so nothing against him but he messed up handling Enyeama issue.

Thank you for the bolded. Did not know about it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
villagereporter:

At the bolded, before the WC Sola Amoeba said in one of the interview he granted that Keshi has promised him he would go to world when he played a friendly.

Yes, in every organization there’s favoritism, but that shouldn’t be done to the detriment and general well-being of d team, this is one of d grouse I av with local coaches until pajero defiantly discarded the record.

Because Ameobi was brilliant against Italy. There was no way he was not going to the World Cup after such performance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15294) (15295) (15296) (15297) (15298) (15299) (15300) ... (16391) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), typicalgamer(m), DrYa and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.