Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,251 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12031894 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15508) (15509) (15510) (15511) (15512) (15513) (15514) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:52am On Jan 19
ChrisKels:
I doubt Aina would have been able to keep Zaha quiet as easily as he did Boga
Why wasn’t Zaha invited

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:53am On Jan 19
If you want to defeat Ghana in this tournament
Man mark Kudus out of the game

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:54am On Jan 19
Senegal & Morocco flying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 3:24am On Jan 19
BascoVanVeli:
Match highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4rdjgV3oMY

Watched the highlights and realized Moses Simon still plays greedy football.. Smh.

Dude is too greedy to pass the ball to any of his teammates to score!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gbengaolu360: 3:32am On Jan 19
Bannedlargedx2:
This 343 or 541 formation was more balanced than the 424 formation. But, we shouldn’t use such formation against African minors like Guinea bissau. We should only use such formation against team with superb attacking talents or big teams

Using players ready to defend when we lose the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:39am On Jan 19
COOL10:
I'm watching the match again, and I just heard when Amokachi said that Iwobi knows how to give SEXY PENETRATION PASSES. cheesy
I cringed when I heard it. Awful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 5:06am On Jan 19
COOL10:
I'm watching the match again, and I just heard when Amokachi said that Iwobi knows how to give SEXY PENETRATION PASSES. cheesy
Amokachi with another banger 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:33am On Jan 19
Joebie:
He was listed as DM in the formations at the start of the match. Actually he played LCB and later on LB after Omeruo came in for Sanusi.

Those people got the formation wrong. They even placed Chuks on the left. A simple glance at the lineup should confirm that we're using 343
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:38am On Jan 19
Bannedlargedx2:
This 343 or 541 formation was more balanced than the 424 formation. But, we shouldn’t use such formation against African minors like Guinea bissau. We should only use such formation against team with superb attacking talents or big teams
You still don't get it... there are no more minnows in Africa. You snooze, you lose.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 6:25am On Jan 19
A Large portion of ship Full of Calculators just arrived Accra this morning. embarassed

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 6:53am On Jan 19
Amokachi should realize that, as a commentator, he has to be neutral and unbiased. The amount of time that he openly wished that Nigeria defeated Ivory Coast was nauseating. How can you be saying “today is the day Nigeria will break that jinx” as a commentator? Nigga you’re supposed to be neutral and keep your personal feelings to yourself

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 6:54am On Jan 19
mostob:
You still don't get it... there are no more minnows in Africa. You snooze, you lose.
You saw how Senegal dispatched Gambia and Eq dispatched GB that’s how we should dispatch these minors. There are definitely minors in African football don’t be deceived

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9JAMac10: 6:55am On Jan 19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 7:01am On Jan 19
The Plane that will take Ghana home flying over Andre Ayew oily head. cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:29am On Jan 19
ThunderFireAgba:
The Plane that will take Ghana home flying over Andre Ayew oily head. cheesy
Ghana is CIV next door neighbour na. Na Marco Polo bus go carry them grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:49am On Jan 19
Odunayaw:
Ghana is CIV next door neighbour na. Na Marco Polo bus go carry them grin
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:52am On Jan 19
ChrisKels:
Our boy gets unveiled
breath of fresh air🔥🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arsenate(m): 8:12am On Jan 19
Bannedlargedx2:
Amokachi should realize that, as a commentator, he has to be neutral and unbiased. The amount of time that he openly wished that Nigeria defeated Ivory Coast was nauseating. How can you be saying “today is the day Nigeria will break that jinx” as a commentator?
He's a patriot, and he loves The Eagles. 😂
I get your point though, but sometimes emotions are hard to keep in check. Besides, I think he's commentating to a majorly Nigerian audience anyway.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 8:15am On Jan 19
First goal a ferocious shot , 2nd goal a deflection
comodo:
Egypt GK na Uzoho in white skin.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:15am On Jan 19
Marjoribanks:
lol! If you are experienced in football analysis, you would know that the Super Eagles is the only team playing tournament winning football. We played spectacular football last AFCON what happened? The Senegalese and the Egyptians with their porous football got to the finals.
This is not EPL or Sunday School league, my dear!

The Super Eagles is playing this to win not entertain, however, you will get your entertainment against Guinea Bissau!
The rest of the tourney you would see a compact counter attacking team!

Osimhen is not even 60% yet. Just dey look!
Spot on 🔥

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:26am On Jan 19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 9:10am On Jan 19
Joezinho:

Watched the highlights and realized Moses Simon still plays greedy football.. Smh.

Chukwueze and Osayi cost us a goal each because of this very reason. Even Osimhen that's a striker is a better team player than our wingers.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 9:17am On Jan 19
My recommendation to JP
1. Bruno for Sanusi in any formation.
2. Iheanacho for Chukwueze henceforth? It's not only about dribbling without end product in this competition, but there are some killer passes that are crusial. Our wingers dribbles too much.
3. 4-3-3 for minors and 3-4-3 for offensive teams.

i forgot to add, Aina over Osayi any day.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 9:26am On Jan 19
grin

Ayew a Businessman? Trust you haven't cedis coming. Though Ghanaians accra-ing but I still ghana share the news.

Go to their country if you have calculators in abundance, you ghana make hell of a money.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 9:33am On Jan 19
I saw Francis Uzoho using seat belt on the bench against Côte d ivore.

Hopefully he will not make mistake and enter the pitch

Stanley Nwabili is ok for nigeria

After all na Enyimba product like Enyeama

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:46am On Jan 19
Joezinho:

I think that was Samu and Bright.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:47am On Jan 19
CIV 2-0 G/B
Nig 1-1 E/Gui
na here i know say nobody go qualify with 9point..
Just beat G/bissau and top this group abeg…EQG will defend their lives against CIV to hold them to a draw, but then i doubt their defense will be able to soak pressure just as the eagles defense.
Make Nigeria no underrate G/B oooooo..Those guys are scorers too oo..they would have closely lost their second match by a slim 4-3 scoreline if they were clinical…Osimhen, i never still understand why u no bury all those chances you score freely last season for napoli oooo…no time oooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:49am On Jan 19
LOOOOOOOOLLLLLL! grin

Blueelf:

Kanu was more impactful than osimhen has been so far

Remove Kanu from that your mouth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:56am On Jan 19
I thought world class strikers know where the woodwork is on the pitch without even looking
The clear chances he’s got aren’t even on target, can’t even find the woodwork. It’s ridiculous

I will constructively criticize Osimhen
He has not been lethal in this tournament
Grit & talent has been helping him
He’s not as technically sound as Boniface or Moffi

Osimhen scores difficult & impossible goals, aerial balls but fails to bury clear cut chances
It’s hard to watch when your top 9 isn’t taking clear chances. He doesn’t really have to do much but find the insides of the woodworks

Our boy is ballooning balls and can’t even find targets. He should be hitting target with his eyes closed
A decent ground ball against CIV would have gone in
Against EQG he hurriedly took that shot and it went way out of target
Like was the sun & heat really affecting him

He needs to score clear cut chances because our team can’t keep the ball and string 10 or more passes. It could hunt us in the knockout stages.

Chukwueze is playing a selfish game, holding on to the ball for too long. I’m only impressed with Lookman upfront.
Maybe the English raised players are more technically sound than Nigerian bred.
Can’t wait for technically sound Iheanacho to get on the pitch to teach these guys how it’s done

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:58am On Jan 19
Na normal thing na. Shame no go let them show face until second round. grin

charlesemeka85:
Gustav and Blueff crawl back to your holes 🕳 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15am On Jan 19
yinkeys:
I thought world class strikers know where the woodwork is on the pitch without even looking
The clear chances he’s got aren’t even on target, can’t even find the woodwork. It’s ridiculous

I will constructively criticize Osimhen
He has not been lethal in this tournament
Grit & talent has been helping him
He’s not as technically sound as Boniface or Moffi

Osimhen scores difficult & impossible goals, aerial balls but fails to bury clear cut chances
It’s hard to watch when your top 9 isn’t taking clear chances. He doesn’t really have to do much but find the woodworks

Our boy is ballooning balls and can’t even find targets. He should be hitting target with his eyes closed
A decent ground ball against CIV would have gone in
Against EQG he hurriedly took that shot and it went way out of target
Like was the sun & heat really affecting him

He needs to score clear cut chances because our team can’t keep the ball and string 10 or more passes. It could hunt us in the knockout stages.

Chukwueze is playing a selfish game, holding into the ball for too long. I’m only impressed with Lookman upfront.
Maybe the English raised players are more technically sound than Nigerian bred.
Can’t wait for technically sound Iheanacho to get on the pitch to teach these guys how it’s done

I agree with most of what you have said more or less.

However, consider the bold with regards to KC that yo have said.

The basis for national team selection is consistent outstanding top level performances in yoo club and league. Not past glories.

KC has not been able to score more than 5 goals in the the last two seasons in the EPL. He is currently in the Championship it was projected by many here that he would destroy the Championship but it's the other way round now.

KC is just recovering from injury and can not bermatch fit , he is not in form and is off the boil. He should not really be in the squad. He had not been able to teach anybody how it's done in club and league.

It would have better to bring Chuba Akpon and Nathan Tella.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:18am On Jan 19
Chief it's not that deep.

Yes his trolling can be annoying but it's all banter mostly. No need for the curses.

Icon4s:

Now your true identity bas been exposed. You are not a critic of Nigerian football. You are a hater and an enemy.

May holy ghost fire consume you and that your evil prayer.

Nonsense angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (15508) (15509) (15510) (15511) (15512) (15513) (15514) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EEGA, Joebie, kingphilip(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.