Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,400 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12032765 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) ... (16411) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
This thread is a big joke now honestly.... A thread where idiots are allowed to get away with Insulting someone's mother? A thread where any one can just walk in and attack anyone and when the one being attacked shows how good he is with word jabs, they all take to supporting the one who attacked first.

Like seriously.... I now question the kind of people we have in here. People who will see Rubbish and keep quiet about it but when I begin lashing the negatives and being tough about it... They begin to talk to me.... how classic. It has been nice being on this thread... but I don't roll with hypocrites... I am not here for anyone... I am here for Nigerian Football and its return to Glory days. Time for a move on... Too much familiarity breeds contempt.

But when my mother is brought in and insulted and no one stands up to speak vehemently against that... then it is time to say goodbye. I am progressing well and flying high in my Hopkins research scholarships and other studies partly because of her. You don't insult someone's mother of goodwill and think your life will be okay. Can't believe how people reason on here...

P.S: I named this thread. The elders and people who were here from the beginning know that and they understand my passion buy maybe even they have forgotten. Goodbye and plss don't bother quoting....it is the last you see of me. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
I met the game in the second half and I must say Ndidi showed loads of quality. I was so impressed with him. I hope he did not pick an injury when he attempted that shot. I had a feeling that was a goal. Unfortunately, the Liverpool player noticed the threat and nullified it. Leaving Ndidi sore.

Hope he is well and I expect him to come back and post another solid game.

What is most impressive about Ndidi is his touches. He is showing more quality in the way he distributes and receives the ball.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
This thread is a big joke now honestly.... A thread where idiots are allowed to get away with Insulting someone's mother? A thread where any one can just walk in and attack anyone and when the one being attacked shows how good he is with word jabs, they all take to supporting the one who attacked first.

Like seriously.... I now question the kind of people we have in here. People who will see Rubbish and keep quiet about it but when I begin lashing the negatives and being tough about it... They begin to talk to me.... how classic. It has been nice being on this thread... but I don't roll with hypocrites... I am not here for anyone... I am here for Nigerian Football and its return to Glory days. Time for a move on... Too much familiarity breeds contempt.

But when my mother is brought in and insulted and no one stands up to speak vehemently against that... then it is time to say goodbye. I am progressing well and flying high in my Hopkins research scholarships and other studies partly because of her. You don't insult someone's mother of goodwill and think your life will be okay. Can't believe how people reason on here...

P.S: I named this thread. The elders and people who were here from the beginning know that and they understand my passion buy maybe even they have forgotten. Goodbye and plss don't bother quoting....it is the last you see of me. wink

Are you more interested in the way people treat you or more interested in the team's success. No need leaving. Develop a tough skin and be tough to rattle.

No need leaving. You are a big part of this thread, which is somehow linked to our Golden generation. Do not give up on the thread or the team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

There is a big difference between injury and getting back to fitness.

educate me please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
I was very impressed with Iheanacho. His touches, skills and work rate was very impressive. Had a chance to cause damage but Shakespeare switched his tactics at a very wrong time. He nullified the team's pressure.

Nacho looked a class ahead of the team. His play and decision-making was classy. I hope Leicester City sorts their problems out if to enjoy the quality of Iheanacho.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You just shot yourself in the foot talking of Bolton not playing one two football when Sturridge was there. At least it shows you do not know what you are arguing about.
Shot myself in the foot? you really are a comedian, so Bolton played one two football when sturridge was there, this your post ought to be in the comedy section. Anyway, my points have been laid out bare for you no need running round in circles with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
Mickael2:

educate me please

So to you all unfit players are injured. Haaa.

Don't you know when a player recovers from injury, he still needs to work his way back to fitness? Do you not know a player can be unfit due to hi lifestyle and lack of training and needs to work hard to get in shape and fitness?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
No man, no matter how great is irreplacable. Nobody is begging anybody to remain here, we will move on if we don't see you anymore. You should know, theSuperNerd, that even when your friends(Safarigirl and theGoodJoe) are telling you to watch the way you talk then it means you really really need to. Take that advice and let's all move on, there is no reason for you to quit because everybody is against you, welcome to the club so man up

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Pls where are u going?u just need to remain and let us continue d football education.

Do not worry,anybody that insult any person's Father or mother is not human and u should see that fellow like that,pls don't let us turn this thread to political thread where anything goes,let us keep on showing that respect..

I don't think anybody here w support someone thrashing any parents down here,is not possible,even mere insults are addressed here without rancor.

Pls stay put coz u are needed just like anyone here, your contributions are educating,just be a man and forget any ill feelings.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

So to you all unfit players are injured. Haaa.

Don't you know when a player recovers from injury, he still needs to work his way back to fitness? Do you not know a player can be unfit due to hi lifestyle and lack of training and needs to work hard to get in shape and fitness?
Accepted but can u share a link where Shakespeare said Nacho is not fit coz i remember before Cameroon match he was injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
bigblangston:
Shot myself in the foot? you really are a comedian, so Bolton played one two football when sturridge was there, this your post ought to be in the comedy section. Anyway, my points have been laid out bare for you no need running round in circles with you.

Is Owen Coyle's Attacking Style at Bolton a Sign of Things to Come for Other Premier League Clubs?

It’s no secret that Bolton have played some fine football this season as their current fifth place position proves. While Bolton were once a side under Sam Allardyce who played anything but beautiful football, Owen Coyle has done wonders at the Reebok in an incredibly short time.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2010/11/26/is-owen-coyles-attacking-style-at-bolton-a-sign-of-things-to-come-for-other-premier-league-clubs/

Owen Coyle who coached Sturridge at Bolton has a creative attacking philosophy. Not running in circles. It was your analogy that was off tangent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
Kog45:
That's d reason d big team prepared for d qualifications, if u failed to prepare d jokers w have their way and they don't care about d result but appearance.Hope u remember Keshi's Togo,Angola went at our expense in 2006,when Okocha and Kanu are tired of playing for Nigeria, picking matches to play,we paid dearly for it

I could still remember those days. The then big boys show up to camp whenever they like and their starting place in the team is guaranteed.

I'm happy with what we have now - depth. The team might need you but not as much as you need the team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
Kog45:
Accepted but can u share a link where Shakespeare said Nacho is not fit coz i remember before Cameroon match he was injured.

”Kelechi Iheanacho is looking a lot fitter after 48 hours in terms of where he was and getting his conditioning right. We’re slowly getting to a fully-competitive squad.”.. Shakespeare

http://sportsdayonline.com/iheanachos-improved-fitness-excites-shakespeare/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd, I am begging you to stay. Please do not leave.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ebuehi is very well schooled.. Hard to beat...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
tbaba1234:

Very interesting comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bosz of Dortmund, former coach of Ajax delivers again with a 6-1 demolition of Monchengladbach. The kind of coach I want handling Leicester City, Nacho and Ndidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
We are all here because of the love we share for the game, and how much we'd love to see our eagles soar.

I understand that you've seen the participants, regulars if you may (though I don't count myself as one) as family and expected more from them, but that wasn't the case, we could have done better but when didn't.

Piertorico did bad by talking about your mum the way he did and that we said nothing about it didn't necessarily mean we were complicit - and if it seems to you that way, you are grossly mistaken. I ignored him because he's got nothing on you, and him descending that low, I had expected you to have ended all this before it got to that level.

You're emotional at the moment, and you've made a rash decision by quitting the thread that you've sacrificed to get to this level. To me that's mission accomplished to the Pietrorico guy, because he has succeeded in frustrating you to oblivion - if of course you're interested in giving him that satisfaction.

I'd advice you to toughen up, and take things lightly online. Sometime ago here on nairaland, someone said I was next inline to die, I had to ignore the idiot because I know he's not God and my life ain't in his hand.

Thesupernerd, you can leave if you still want to, but this isn't enough reason to IMHO.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
tbaba1234:

Promising.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
tbaba1234:
I'm apprehensive for that guy's success. I do want him to succeed with the Eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

I'm apprehensive for that guy's success. I do want him to succeed with the Eagles.

He will be fine. Rohr likes to ease his players in gradually. Ebuehi will get some friendly games before a competitive debut.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

nearly 12 hours later and this one is still crying like a bítch.
You really are juvenile, damn.

If you knew you were this touchy about your dear mother, you wouldn't go about recklessly provoking strangers with abuses.
Learn to leave the kitchen when you can no longer stand the heat.

People come and people go in this world, life continues..

So long sucker and Goodluck with your John Hopkins research.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I know or lemme. Say I expect this from you... But I bet you...you don't need this at this moment...

My advice for you... Always act like dump site don't allow people words to get into YOu... If you can pass this level now... Another one will come, might be in your field or your endeavors in life until you passes this your weak point...

Winner don't quit... You keep fighting until you win..
That means those that hate you have finally succeeded in chasing you away...

Leave anybody that abuse mother... They know your weak point and you are making them act on that weak point to get at you...

Bro... This is life... And life is not a joke... When God is building up people... It's a process and a step and if you don't pass one step.. You will keep repeating it until you passed that level...

Work more on your self bro...

Don't leave.. Best you could do is to ignore... You don't need to reply all people...

You are always the best just know that... And no matter of insult can get into your mother or you... Just calm yourself down... Be good... Love you bro...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:

If you knew you were this touchy about your dear mother, you wouldn't go about recklessly provoking strangers with abuses.

Bro, do you really need this? Just asking...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2innocent(m): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
Danielnino00:
Folks,should Moses Simon and Iwobi stay fit and maintain their form till match day, who would u like to start on the flank??
moses Simon, because i think he is more mobile n scores better, my opinion though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:

This is not how we do things here. This is too low from you. Mums are no go areas. Seriously, we love our Mums and respect them because of their sacrifices. Even if someone talks bad about your mum, I will not like it.

Enough of the disdain attitude. It seems you are proud of it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:

shut up your mouth. You shouldn't have insulted his mom. You don't have respect for your mother that why you have the gut to insult another person mom. You should be ashame of yourself and grow up. I hate this kind of attitude. let's call a spade a spade.
I'm from edo state, bini 100percent... I'm the wrong guy to mess up with, so don't dare to be rude. Apologise for insulting his mom cos you messed up really and that ain't cool.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
kellycute:
shut up your mouth. You shouldn't have insulted his mom. You don't have respect for your mother that why you have the gut to insult another person mom. You should be ashame of yourself and grow up. I hate this kind of attitude. let's call a spade a spade.
I'm from edo state, bini 100percent... I'm the wrong guy to mess up with, so don't dare to be rude. Apologise for insulting his mom cos you messed up really and that ain't cool.
yawn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

This is not how we do things here. This is too low from you. Mums are no go areas. Seriously, we love our Mums and respect them because of their sacrifices. Even if someone talks bad about your mum, I will not like it.

Enough of the disdain attitude. It seems you are proud of it.
who decides where and where to stop or not.
What if I tell you I hate being insulted just as much as he hates his mother being insulted.

You all were here when he refused to stop inspite of the several attempts I made to ignore

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

OGBENI!!!!! No jst try am oooo, say wetin nah,
you no want ma ah vex abi, as ah dey lik dis so,

firstlady go Para for me oo , oga no try am abegi oooo, bicos ah no wan firstlady Para for me,

jst take style look me, as your man, stay with us,
bicos if madam Para for me ehn chaiiii

nah Abi finito!!!!!!!!! Ah go dey ooo

ah no say you no go want dat for your guy ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
He should take this as a lesson and not go on abusive tirades on just about anybody he meets online.

I know I tried to not get angry.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:
who decides where and where to stop or not.
What if I tell you I hate being insulted just as much as he hates his mother being insulted.

You all were here when he refused to stop inspite of the several attempts I made to ignore

I don't know if you were in ur right senses then,

cos I honestly haven't seen how some one mum mst be involve in an argument, what ever it is, you can still throw it back, but involving ones parents,

that's a JOKE too far

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) ... (16411) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.