Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,261 members, 7,877,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12013409 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (16403) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
Teda 3-1 Guizhou
Mikel Obi's WhoScored Stats
In that order
1. 4th Highest Rated
2. 2nd Best in Arial Duels won
3. 2nd Best in Pass Success Rate%
4. Highest in Possession%

soetanoreoluwa:

Baba won go Russia... Go see him in law is Goood to do show off sha...

Just pray he replicate thesame oct7

#soarsupereagle

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
This Zambia coach wants to play on coy on Nigeria into thinking he'd field local players as he hasn't released his 23 man list yet. So Nigeria can prepare for local players only to realise on match day they have been fooled.

Well let's wait and see how it goes I hope Rohr prepares for both seen and unseen. African indigenous coaches playing smart. I wish all our players injury free games today, tomorrow and over the weekend so we can prepare adequately to get something off the Zambians.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yup, he has so much quality. He's one of the neatest ball tacklers out there. Plus his fantastic shooting ability. So I agree that he's got the potential to be world class if he'll keep improving.

O pari

AIG07:
there are so many part of his game that needs improvement if he is going to develop into a world class baller.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
safarigirl:
I don't think ANYBODY on this thread understands how pained I am by what TheSuperNerd said to me

Three days down and it is still paining me and that nextlevel has the guts to yarn trash, I could have slapped him if he was in front of me, I swear, na so e pain me reach.

I should have defended him by attacking Piet so that people like nextlevel will say Safarigirl has started again, okwa ya?

Even when somebody wants to avoid trouble, all you agents of darkness will still find a way to bring out the demon in them.

Nobody should mention me again as regards the support of Supernerd, because nobody has supported him as much as I have on this thread. I corrected him because he is my friend and he deserves the truth.

I know my faults, I know I'm stubborn, I know I can talk trash, I know I can be intolerant, there is nobody that wants to say shiiit about me that I don't know, but apparently, nobody has told Supernerd his own, so he needs to hear it.

Since he said he does not give a hoot my opinion, he can phuck off.

Your brutal honestly and unfettered self assessment is indeed INSPIRING. Your loyalty unquestionable.

Your use of colourful language however, not to my liking.

I see you in a different light, Impressive.

But please Koolo temperature Beeco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
nelszx:
This Zambia coach wants to play on coy on Nigeria into thinking he'd field local players as he hasn't released his 23 man list yet. So Nigeria can prepare for local players only to realise on match day they have been fooled.

Well let's wait and see how it goes I hope Rohr prepares for both seen and unseen. African indigenous coaches playing smart. I wish all our players injury free games today, tomorrow and over the weekend so we can prepare adequately to get something off the Zambians.

The foreign stars join on Sunday.. I feel like he is talking a lot though. We just need the technical team to focus on their jobs and round up qualification.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
Magink:
Thank you sir

Welcome Magink!.... Is it magnificent ink....? Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
enomakos:
i am in support ,let there be peace here
I support it too. Let there be peace

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
junnyjake:

To me, if you can't learn from the mistakes you've made then....

I think Rorh has been unfair to Ebuehi, we were 4 goals up, why not bring him on for Victor Moses instead of Musa? Let him have a taste of what playing for Naija is like.

Every coach in the world has been unfair on one way or the other so ebuechi case was not different...

Baba Rohr don't want to take huge risk at this moment after our qualification let see what will happen...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
Joebie:
Teda 3-1 Guizhou
Mikel Obi's WhoScored Stats
In that order
1. 4th Highest Rated
2. 2nd Best in Arial Duels won
3. 2nd Best in Pass Success Rate%
4. Highest in Possession%

Mikel won't last in this team... I bet you or else he loves China made... I see him out after world cup or prior to World Cup provided We qualify ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
Mikel had a hand in 2 goals.. one assist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tWS8RkMmYI

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Mikel won't last in this team... I bet you or else he loves China made... I see him out after world cup or prior to World Cup provided We qualify ...

Why not? Who will pay him what he earns in China?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
Icon4s:

Hahaha reminds me of my conversation with one of our national team coaches.

He was just mentioning monikers here just to prove to me that he follows.

That's is interesting.

That's why it's important not to peddle falsehood although sometimes the truth can be bitter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
Icon4s:
Ladies and gentlemen.

I am personally not happy with happenings here.
This is a thread that I always visit to make myself happy and I am sure so does most others here.

It is true this thread was formed by a few number of us but it has grown to what it is today because everybody is always welcomed here.

On the recent feud between TheSuperNerd and Pietorico. Both of them were wrong. And we have exhausted all energies to condemn their actions.

However, I cannot stay in a house that is divided. I don't know Pietorico that much cos he is not much of a regular here but TheSuperNerd I know very well and he is like a son to me.

I suggest we set up a reconciliatory committee.

Elders of the house and every one else I need your take on this.

He is one of our illustrious sons here and not withstanding his short comings we still need him here. He is a great guy.

I need 1,2 or 3 persons to agree with me on this so we settle this issue once and for all.

This thread has grown beyond a social media
It is now like a family. A house divided cannot stand.
Who is with me on this?

cc: enomakos, Kog45, eterisan, TheGoodJoe, confun, Joseph1013, tbaba1234, Terzurum5, forgiveness, joebie, goldfish80, michael2, safarigirl, icon79, Bascovanveli, komekn, omanbala, Nigerdeltaboi, soetanoreoluwa. Pardon me if your moniker is missing.

I deh your side 100%
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
The Championship Round-Up:

Burton Albion 0-4 Aston Villa
Josh Onomah came on the pitch on the 69th minute to help Villa whitewash Albion away.
Albion already had 3 goals in the bag before the England U21 national's introduction..
On the other side, Hope Akpan was brought in early on the 33rd minute with Burton already down by 3 goals.
But the former Super Eagles could not help the homeside salvage anything from the tie.

Nottingham 1-3 Fulham
Sheyi Ojo started but lasted for just 59 minutes with scores at 1-1. His replacement scored Fulham's third.

Barnsley 1-1 QPR
QPR captain, Nedum Onuoha out due to a 3-month injury lay off.
Bright Osayi-Samuel finally got the nod to start for QPR. He was subbed-off just after the break while the Hoops where down by a goal.

Bristol 2-0 Bolton
Super Eagles hopeful Derik Osede (Bolton) was ruled out of the encounter due to injury.
However, Sammy Ameobi returned from injury to Bolton's bench. He was subbed-on on the 55th.

Hull 1-2 Preston
Fikayo Tomori had a poor game with a whoscored rating of 6.3. He was subbed off as early as the 46th minute.
Ola Aina (Whoscored 7.5 rating) however lasted the entire encounter as Hull's RWB. He completed 6 dribbles making him the best dribbler of the encounter.

[i]Ipswich 5-2 Sunderland

Dominic Lorfa, and Tom Adeyemi, both manned their respective positions for Ipswich with aplomb, both clocking over 90 minutes with a whoscored rating of 7.09 and 7.12 respectively.

Millwall 2-1 Reading
Fred Onyedinma started for Millwall but did not score for the 84 minutes he lasted.
Sone Aluko and Tiago Ilori both started for Reading and clocked over 90 minutes.
Aluko playing as Reading's arrowhead in attack, bagged an assist for the match's opener.
Ilori was the highest whoscored rated defender among Reading's 3-man centerback. Tiago was the 5th highest rated player overall with a rating of 7.2.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
What am I hearing that Iwobi has injury? This better not be true ooo. The boy didn't play against Cameroon and now Zambia? Fire burn Satan oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
libero808:
If Balogun had made it to Brazil, don't you think his inexperience would have been exposed.
But I hope you saw my sarcasm in that above statement.
There is now a certain Junior Pius of Tondela. These so called inexperienced players that have talent
should be given a chance in the absence of talented players.
Team building should be a continuos process. It's a great thing to have Awaziem in the team.
These will be the beasts if not in Russia, the period leading to Qatar.
And their presence now in the team will help matters more in future.

Modified
It is for the same reason Gernot Rohr was trying to integrate Osimhen early.

I never and still do not agree with the inclusion of Osimhen into the SE. Even now he is totally undeserving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
nelszx:

Heard we have spies in Zambia. I think they will field 90% of the guys that played against Algeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Who do you think deserves a call up at this stage?

komekn:

I never and still do not agree with the inclusion of Osimhen into the SE. Even now he is totally undeserving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
I support this as long as it becomes the new standard here..
People leaving the thread and blaming others for leaving, and expecting to be begged to return.
He should also be called out for his excesses.

komekn:

I deh your side 100%

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
AIG07:
the LB position is glaring for everyone to see. It needs 'strengthening' asap after qualification.

I am looking at that position and making let's say creating some ideas. Albeit from my backyard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
libero808:
Portuguese League vs French Ligue 1. Which is tougher?
I watched Porto beat Monaco away mercilessly yesterday.

A league is assessed over several seasons not just one game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Magink:
Heard we have spies in Zambia. I think they will field 90% of the guys that played against Algeria.
Rohr is doing what Baxter did to him lol....Nice
Like Captain Obi has said....."Its time to wrap this up"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nigerian Watch for The Championship:
Today's Fixtures

Sheffield United VS Wolves
Bright Enobakhare is expected to feature for Wolves today after scoring in the previous round.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
Besides PSG has any other French club done well in Europe in recent times?
I will love to see how Awaziem will come against PSG.

komekn:

A league is assessed over several seasons not just one game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for the updates
Joebie:

Nigerian Watch for The Championship:
Today's Fixtures

Sheffield United VS Wolves
Bright Enobakhare is expected to feature for Wolves today after scoring in the previous round.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
libero808:

Monaco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
tbaba1234:
Mikel had a hand in 2 goals.. one assist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tWS8RkMmYI

Watching Tianjin Teda Highlight, I arrived at the reasonable conclusion that Mikel's Class is top notch.
I was however surprised that he wasn't wearing the captain's armband in d encounter. Is he no longer the captain?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
Clementoke:

Watching Tianjin Teda Highlight, I arrived at the reasonable conclusion that Mikel's Class is top notch.
I was however surprised that he wasn't wearing the captain's armband in d encounter. Is he no longer the captain?

He is not the captain.. But he captains the team when the captain is out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poshemmanuel(m): 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
Victor Moses starts for chelsea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
#UCL update..
Onyekuru starts.. Moses starts.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
libero808:

Below is a link to UEFA which details the rankings of all the football leagues in Europe.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
tbaba1234:

He is not the captain.. But he captains the team when the captain is out.

Okay. I see

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (16403) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.