Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,906 members, 7,876,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12005949 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16324) (16325) (16326) (16327) (16328) (16329) (16330) ... (16399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:47am On Jun 13
Truidstarr:
Rumours are they want to appoint a technical adviser to boss Finidi.

Better jare ….I just pray they throw it open so I can re apply for the technical adviser role

This is the last chance nff have to correct their mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 8:58am On Jun 13
elyte89:

Better jare ….I just pray they throw it open so I can re apply for the technical adviser role

Na oyibo dem wan give am to. My problem is if Finidi will agree to be number 2 again. The proposed techical adviser will want to bring his own team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 9:04am On Jun 13
Monsignor22:
According to scorenigeria It seems Antonio Conceicao will be considered for the technical director/coaching role.
These NFF guys should not be trusted with their choice of technical adviser. It should be properly scrutinized. Egunje fit dey part of the arrangement.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:10am On Jun 13
Truidstarr:
Na oyibo dem wan give am to. My problem is if Finidi will agree to be number 2 again. The proposed techical adviser will want to bring his own team.

Finidi no get choice jare….worst case scenario,he would resign
,simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 9:11am On Jun 13
komekn:

Tim Iroegbunum
Chukwuemeka Carney
Lesley Ugochukwu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAMygmzdzaU?si=81e7zNg5nddfKQmO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnh4R3H5o4w?si=NdFniFSf1ITw4cJB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJun9Xp_pO8?si=hOj45ytURXtxVZAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8eF_5hAYhk?si=LrFQu8Jn6v2ha4D3

None of these guys are getting into England anytime soon. As a result to they will be most likely open to playing for Nigeria.

So also is the same situation with Noni Madueke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5b9E57mhnE?si=GscbvNZOh3RhrKtr

As it stands the NFF had the opportunity to have capped Tosin Adarabayo ages ago. But as usual wasted time, for reason known to them the NFF alone.

We need better CB defenders, the recycling has to stop 🛑.

I want chukwuemeka
That guy is good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:19am On Jun 13
Elyte you're my last hope for local based coaches don't let me down.

The world is not ready for elyte football cool tongue grin

elyte89:

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 9:25am On Jun 13
humility33:

Someone please help us beg Tinubu to sack that man and employ for us a sound foreign coach and to be honest that may even score him some points amongst Nigerians should the super eagles start to win
I feel the ministry will want Finidi out , they will need the World Cup for political propaganda
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 9:26am On Jun 13
elyte89:

Na only you be coach and technical adviser
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 10:50am On Jun 13
zuchyblink:
He qualified Nigeria to the 2018 Worldcup with a game to spare from a group that has Africa champions Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia.

His team was deducted two points just because of NFF carelessness yet it didn't affect the Super Eagles qualifications.

Qualified Nigeria for the 2022 FIFA Worldcup qualifying playoffs but clueless NFF decided to sack him.

Qualified for the 2019 and 2021 AFCON with games to spare.

We wanted Nigeria to play like Manchester City.

Here we are, no hopes of playing at the 2026 Worldcup.

The sort of balance Rohr gave us protected our goalkeepers. 2019 Daniel Akpeyi couldn't save Mahrez last minute freekick. We switched back to Uzoho, who was average at the world cup in Russia as well. Under Rohr, Okoye had a breakout. Fastfoward from this period. We say Okoye's blunder against Tunisia, we say Uzoho's blunder against Ghana. Rohr might have been lucky but his team's weakness was well managed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 10:54am On Jun 13
OGN reports that NFF have settled for Tony Conceicao to head the SE. They plan meeting with Sports minister today

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:58am On Jun 13
🚨 José Mourinho is lining up an £8m move for Luton Town striker Elijah Adebayo as he builds his Fenerbahçe squad.

(Source: @SunSport)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 11:37am On Jun 13
I am hoping the coach invites Tosin Adarabioyo for our next international game. After all he his still eligible to play for Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38am On Jun 13
AIG07:
Football no longer interest me like before.

Is anyone in here experiencing the same?

The game is so much mechanized that you can predict the outcome of the match before kickoff.

No more magic, no more flair. Just some kicking around for 90mins.

Players no longer take personal initiative and do the impossible.

Funny.

Coming from a season Aston Villa qualified for Champions League, Chelsea and Manchester United did not make top 4 and Bayern Munich went trophyless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 11:39am On Jun 13
charlesemeka85:
🚨 José Mourinho is lining up an £8m move for Luton Town striker Elijah Adebayo as he builds his Fenerbahçe squad.

it will be a good move for him. And I believe he will flourish there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:40am On Jun 13
solonnachi:
OGN reports that NFF have settled for Tony Conceicao to head the SE. They plan meeting with Sports minister today

😂 😂 😂

Jokers. Keep dodging Amunike.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:52am On Jun 13
Rockyrascal:
I am hoping the coach invites Tosin Adarabioyo for our next international game. After all he his still eligible to play for Nigeria.

This one is just playing hide and seek with us for England invite 😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 11:56am On Jun 13
elyte89:

we could have invited him a long time ago
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13
Ademola Lookman wins Atalanta’s player of the month award

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:06pm On Jun 13
elyte89:

May your days be long. The guy is using us as a bait to catch England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:08pm On Jun 13
Rockyrascal:
we could have invited him a long time ago

How many times do you want us to do that? He has been approached twice and he said he wasn't ready, and you think he will suddenly be ready now that he has joined Chelsea?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:11pm On Jun 13
charlesemeka85:

No serious young player goes to Turkey. For such a token of a transfer fee, if this boy was really good he would be wanted by teams in the EPL since he just played there, but unfortunately water has found its levels in Turkey. Turkey league is a retirement league for worn out players and below average players, so stop using Mourinho's name to beautify the transfer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13
ChrisKels:

No serious young player goes to Turkey. For such a token of a transfer fee, if this boy was really good he would be wanted by teams in the EPL since he just played there, but unfortunately water has found its levels in Turkey. Turkey league is a retirement league for worn out players and below average players, so stop using Mourinho's name to beautify the transfer.
Everton and few mid table epl clubs wants him too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 12:38pm On Jun 13
charlesemeka85:

mou too like African lanky strikers, e no get time for fine boys with baby shots and passes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13
Truidstarr:
These NFF guys should not be trusted with their choice of technical adviser. It should be properly scrutinized. Egunje fit dey part of the arrangement.

Dude 😎 are you being serious.

In Naija egunje is intrinsically linked to everything we do particularly more so with public funds.

Every area of endeavour in Nigeria has been affected by egunje even church is not free 🆓

And you think THE NFF will be an exception.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:50pm On Jun 13
komekn:

Dude 😎 are you being serious.

In Naija egunje is intrinsically linked to everything we do particularly more so with public funds.

Every area of endeavour in Nigeria has been affected by egunje even church is not free 🆓

And you think THE NFF will be an exception.

U no Dey ever understand ppu post

I sure say u go Dey fail comprehensive passage for English language in secondary school den …

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13
humility33:

Someone please help us beg Tinubu to sack that man and employ for us a sound foreign coach and to be honest that may even score him some points amongst Nigerians should the super eagles start to win

Abi o. Figiti is completely useless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13
TheGoodJoe:

Funny.

Coming from a season Aston Villa qualified for Champions League, Chelsea and Manchester United did not make top 4 and Bayern Munich went trophyless.
What does this have to do with anything?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13
elyte89:

I wonder why is difficult for some people to understand something as simple as that,when he really make up his mind,he will be invited without any delay.

Komekn can only try in vain to convince me that no one from d NFF board or any of our coaches has ever approached him at any point about playing for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:15pm On Jun 13
mank1234:

Tell the truth. Was he not sacked because we were not playing beautiful football. Tiki taka is synonymous with good football. I won't be supprised if you were amongst those criticising him then. He was pragmatic. He was reliable on rescue mission.
How can you say that tiki taka is synonymous to good football? Tiki taka - that travesty, that abomination, that corruption that has despoiled football. Your statement is heresy.
May tiki taka perish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:18pm On Jun 13
TheGoodJoe:

😂

It is Rohr and Peseiro with their MACHANIC 😂 football that caused it.
Tiki taka is not just mechanic football, it is machine football - dead, sterile, cold and tepid. May it be held in infamy forever.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:30pm On Jun 13
AIG07:
Football no longer interest me like before.

Is anyone in here experiencing the same?

The game is so much mechanized that you can predict the outcome of the match before kickoff.

No more magic, no more flair. Just some kicking around for 90mins.

Players no longer take personal initiative and do the impossible
When I rail and curse tiki taka every day, it look like a stretch but I've not poured odium on that poison enough. It's just so sad seeing what tiki taka has done to football. It's eaten the soul out of football leaving just a clean shell.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:31pm On Jun 13
elyte89:

😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (16324) (16325) (16326) (16327) (16328) (16329) (16330) ... (16399) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, Caicedo and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.