Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,688 members, 7,892,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12092911 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16337) (16338) (16339) (16340) (16341) (16342) (16343) ... (16442) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:02pm On Jun 15
jihday:
To be candid, NFF DISRESPECTED Finidi George with the demotion, plus his salary was to be REDUCED from N15m to N5m if he continued on the job.

There is no way he will continue after the press release HUMILIATION.

Source: pooja on Twitter
Damn! NFF is just stoopid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15
kellycute:
this is the reason local coach is not a good option for us. Imagine finidi spreading a wrong narrative against Osimhen just to cover up his cluelessness. Good Osimhen made a live video debunking and blasting finidi. Silent is not always golden

The other one they've been trying to push down our throat would've done worse.

That one look like someone that have anger issues sef.

I remember how the nff was blamed for failing to qualify the under 20 for AYC a tournament a coach like Bosso have been qualifying Nigeria for recklessly he couldn't
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:04pm On Jun 15
Subzerooo:

By trying out new things you mean Simon Moses, if a new coach gives you zero out of 180 minutes when you are in form how would you rate him
First stop the lie about zero minutes. Abi he scored against Ghana without playing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 1:07pm On Jun 15
See wetin we employ

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15
humility33:

The other one they've been trying to push down our throat would've done worse.

That one look like someone that have anger issues sef.

I remember how the nff was blamed for failing to qualify the under 20 for AYC a tournament a coach like Bosso have been qualifying Nigeria for recklessly he couldn't
I like amunike and I think he is a good coach. Going forward, we need a top foreign coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AlbertoIancu: 1:08pm On Jun 15
Subzerooo:

I've never seen someone contradict himself so much

I said Finidi's employment was justifiable. That doesn't mean I think it was the best option. It only means I can understand the NFF's reasoning in choosing him.

But since he has shown he isn't quite ready for the job, I would have loved him to get a chance to grow on the job since he has already been employed. This culture of hire today, fire tomorrow will never work for us. How many coaches have we hired and fired since Rohr? How has that helped?.

Since Finidi has stepped down, the NFF has a chance to make a better choice now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15
zicky:
the superior here is also an employee, he's just like a team leader. Yes few old employees opinion can be heard. Nothing unheard of there.
Your boss at work even though he is not the owner of the establishment is not employed on the recommendation of his juniors.

"Can be heard" ≠ Rights
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AlbertoIancu: 1:11pm On Jun 15
Subzerooo:
See wetin we employ

Was he employed as a fashion model or physical fitness trainer? 😂😂😂

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:11pm On Jun 15
jihday:
To be candid, NFF DISRESPECTED Finidi George with the demotion, plus his salary was to be REDUCED from N15m to N5m if he continued on the job.

Keshi got worse treatment even after winning Afcon, he was stripped of his assistants and owed salaries. Same story with chukwu and Amodu. Any local coach should know he will never be given any dignified treatment from the nff or sports ministry whether he’s winning or loosing. Finidi except he’s a learner should have known all these.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 1:12pm On Jun 15
Odunayaw:
First stop the lie about zero minutes. Abi he scored against Ghana without playing?

I remember now, Finidi gave him 20 minutes and played Iwobi in his stead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15
I don hear wetin osimhen talk. Wetin finidi do sef no good. Pressure don dey get to am E wan use osimhen as shield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:15pm On Jun 15
Yea like Senegal
Goke7:

is it not obvious? Abeg let the 94 set keep away from the National team, how can retired players be dragging spotlight with current players something is wrong somewhere
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 1:15pm On Jun 15
Boniface go still talk him own
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 1:17pm On Jun 15
Finidi is an honorable man, if memory serves me right, no Nigerian coach has ever resigned outrightly. Them Dey always wan die there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15
Victor Osimhen made a video with Finidi George during his meeting with his doctor in Germany & even advised that he can still come to camp to support the team, but Finidi George REFUSED that it's better that he stayed back & recover.

Osimhen is currently nursing a muscle injury that ruled him out of the World Cup qualifiers as well as a meeting with Gov. Obaseki in Edo State.

Source: Ojodu Times

This is why all this "a source told ScoreNigeria" "Top source told..." shouldn't be taken seriously

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 1:21pm On Jun 15
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:23pm On Jun 15
jihday:
Osimhen is currently on Instagram live he dey para, he’s dragging Finidi
I'm not in Osimhen's shoes to justify what he did but that was not necessary atall. His intonation and swearing shows how pained this is. Also further proves that Respect is the go-to mentality of local coaches and not man management. Each day that passes, e dey clear person for eye say Finidi is unfit for the job

Also, like i said pages back, they all played their hearts out at afcon and finidi was the asst to Jpes. Why did a gulf show up immediately he was announced? It tells a big story of what was ongoing backstage. Maybe one day we'll hear it all. But it just proves that the oldies in NFF are bereft of ideas, intelligence and tact at the job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:30pm On Jun 15
Osimhen needs to be calming down. Unfortunately this flawed character trait of his allowing emotions to control you is unbecoming.

Whatever Finidi said or did they are channels to express your grievances not coming on instagram live when you know be Portable. His team should try and talk sense to him when he has calmed down.

Everybody and his dog knows that if there's anything you can accuse Victor of lack of commitment isn't one of them. Guy didn't need to get worked up..

As for Finidi this episode shows why unfortunately he wasn't suited for the SE job. Man management is one of two top skills every coach should have but just don't understand why he had to comment on Victor like that.

All this doesn't help morale in camp. The new coach get plenty work to do.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:31pm On Jun 15
Finidi actually started this madness against Osimhen even before he was given the job that was why he forcefully wanted to create a striker out of Moses Simon just to pass the "I can do without you" message to Osimhen. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:32pm On Jun 15
jihday:

Not just NFF. Nigerians entirely. Sacking him (or rather forcing out) after three matches is also stupid. He should have been given more time IMO.

Personally I don't think we have coaching talents in Nigeria, but if we do have, they will really find it difficult to perform well due to overfamiliarity and the disregard/disrespect they always face. NFF also fratenize way too much with the players, which damages the authority of the coach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by XshegzzyeeiX2: 1:34pm On Jun 15
elyte89:

U c 5million for dis economy,u no happy

Abeg make I go dust my cv sharply
You are always dusting this CV but nothing dey come out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:37pm On Jun 15
XshegzzyeeiX2:
You are always dusting this CV but nothing dey come out

Baba I don apply taya na 😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15
chrisooblog:
Osimhen needs to be calming down. Unfortunately this flawed character trait of his allowing emotions to control you is unbecoming.

Whatever Finidi said or did they are channels to express your grievances not coming on instagram live when you know be Portable. His team should try and talk sense to him when he has calmed down.

Everybody and his dog knows that if there's anything you can accuse Victor of lack of commitment isn't one of them. Guy didn't need to get worked up..

As for Finidi this episode shows why unfortunately he wasn't suited for the SE job. Man management is one of two top skills every coach should have but just don't understand why he had to comment on Victor like that.

All this doesn't help morale in camp. The new coach get plenty work to do.

Everybody and his dog? Is it not here Elyte and some "suspect" Osimhen is choosing games?

I watched the video just now and what I'd say is that these are times where journalism is about being first with the news. No checks, no striving for accuracy.

Osimhen stated in the video "I no care if that thing wey Finidi talk na false or true". Literally he is venting on something that may not be true. The media can make mess of a person if he is too hasty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:43pm On Jun 15
"I expect Finidi George to take a legal action against ScoreNigeria.

The report about Finidi and Victor Osimhen is false."

OganlaMedia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Monsignor22: 1:44pm On Jun 15
I listened to Osimhen's live stream, omo the pain and anger was reverberating...at this point, I see Osimhen and a host of other key players also coming out to vent before they resign from the national team. I suspect Iwobi will follow suit very soon.

This doesn't look good for the overall image of the team honestly, I don't know how a new coach will step into this mess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 1:46pm On Jun 15
jihday:
I wanted Finidi for the job when it became obvious NFF wanted a local coach, but was disappointed that NFF didn’t do any interview even after throwing the job open to the public. I’m sure if they had interviewed all interested candidates there’s no way they’d have picked Mr Finidi
Amaju pinnicks handwork, finidi handled enyimba for 2 years or more and we couldn't see his designated style of play or tactics, but still ended up getting the job just to spike Amunike, now see where it has landed us back to square 1

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:47pm On Jun 15
What osimhen did was un professional ,but I don’t expect you people to agree with me sha ,he shouldn’t have responded that way

And osimhen is a dedicated player ,he is not the guy that will fake injury to avoid playing for his country

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:48pm On Jun 15
This man looks pitiable. I can't even bring myself to hit him hard for this chaos. I blame the person that put him in this situation in the name of a coach. Dude was never ready or qualified for this post.

I feel like crying when I see his photo as people are hammering him. 😢

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:48pm On Jun 15
I understand the logic behind Finidi's appointment because as an assistant who has been with the team for over one and a half years you would already understand the players temperament and abilities to know what to do but sadly he fluffed his chance.

Even in real life it's natural for the number two or next in line to take over when the same main oga departs. The only query I have for the NFF is if they sincerely believed he was not right for the job why did they appoint him toying with potential non qualification for the WC?

AlbertoIancu:

I said Finidi's employment was justifiable. That doesn't mean I think it was the best option. It only means I can understand the NFF's reasoning in choosing him.

But since he has shown he isn't quite ready for the job, I would have loved him to get a chance to grow on the job since he has already been employed. This culture of hire today, fire tomorrow will never work for us. How many coaches have we hired and fired since Rohr? How has that helped?.

Since Finidi has stepped down, the NFF has a chance to make a better choice now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15
ChrisKels:
Finidi actually started this madness against Osimhen even before he was given the job that was why he forcefully wanted to create a striker out of Moses Simon just to pass the "I can do without you" message to Osimhen. grin grin
Old wives fables no de tire una? Was Osimhen not injured as of the March friendlies?

Did Moses not come from the bench in the 70th minute?

When you reduce to Owngoal standard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:51pm On Jun 15
andrewbaba44:
What osimhen did was un professional ,but I don’t expect you people to agree with me sha ,he shouldn’t have responded that way

And osimhen is a dedicated player ,he is not the guy that will fake injury to avoid playing for his country
Osimhen knows his country people are too weak upstairs to find truth. They will swallow any shyte that suits their emotions.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16337) (16338) (16339) (16340) (16341) (16342) (16343) ... (16442) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DeeScan, elyte89, Kundistrict(m), humility33(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.