Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,830 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12030220 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16365) (16366) (16367) (16368) (16369) (16370) (16371) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18
TheGoodJoe:

The point is that you should show me a team that has dominated like Brazil, Spain or Germany without being sound in good possession play. If you can't, the debate is over.

Finito.
bros in the world of football
these names are there to stay forever as leaders, there nothing you will do to catch up with them…they are traditional powerhouses of football…not becos of they are dominating, but because of trophy they have won for themselves Brazil and Germany especially…
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18
minfelix:
Greece did not dominate anything in 2004, yet they are nowhere to be found, spain dominated from 208-2012 , yet they are no where to be found.
There is nothing like longterm plan, when you are winning its simply your time…it will soon be over wether you are dominating or not

Spain won the Nations League and made Semi finals of the Euros in that window. You can't equate them to Greece. That is the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18
TheGoodJoe:

I repeat, history remembers more those that dominate. Most times, it titles towards the possessive game. Even Samba Brazil has that possessive flair.

In recent years, tactical growth has come from the tiki Taka offsprings.

This is a fact, not stating.

Baba... This your assertion is not true, history actually remembers only those that win.

History remembers who wins and not who dominates.
Chelsea won the champions League in 2012, playing what you would call haram football, in the year 2050, if an 18 year old refers to the history books what he will learn is that Chelsea were champions of Europe in 2012, in 2050 nobody will care ( except academicians) who had 82% possession in the 2012 champions League semifinals.
What people will remember as long as the world exists is that Chelsea won it in 2012... Finito.

Baba in this life, just make sure you win, when all is said and done, history will remember you as a winner, beautiful or not very few will care.

I say again, history remembers who wins, how you won is always secondary.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18
minfelix:

bros in the world of football
these names are there to stay forever as leaders, there nothing you will do to catch up with them…they are traditional powerhouses of football…not becos of they are dominating, but because of trophy they have won for themselves Brazil and Germany especially…

Hard to dominate for a long time without good possession football. Until you can bring teams that have dominated for long by being negative, it remains the best approach.

I think the point is made.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:29pm On Jun 18
minfelix:
How can i dominate you and you still flog me 3-0, and all i hear is its in the long term plan🤣🤣
do you know how 3-0 can demoralize a plan…people and fans(eps 9ja) will be like, who send una mumu domination.
There is no way they can give what they dont have…if you dominate you should be loosing by a slim margin not wide margin.
You are dominating and cant compete…its like trying to force and give what you dont have…there is no long term kan kan…if another team catch them, they will still collect with their pseudo-dominance they are trying to form

Na that long term plan super eagles Dey so o so tey we wan wait make one coach finish serving ban before returning to coach the national team e no go better for that long term plan

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:30pm On Jun 18
TheGoodJoe:

Spain won the Nations League and made Semi finals of the Euros in that window. You can't equate them to Greece. That is the point.

they must win all trophy oga, dont limit them semifinal else we will bring morocco into the argument
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18
Hanibal:

Baba... This your assertion is not true, history actually remembers only those that win.

History remembers who wins and not who dominates.
Chelsea won the champions League in 2012, playing what you would call haram football, in the year 2050, if an 18 year old refers to the history books what he will learn is that Chelsea were champions of Europe in 2012, in 2050 nobody will care ( except academicians) who had 82% possession in the 2012 champions League semifinals.
What people will remember as long as the world exists is that Chelsea won it in 2012... Finito.

I say again, history remembers who wins, how you won is always secondary.

That is my point. Football is a watching game, and not a history game. You can say Greece won this year and Italy won this year. However, when it is time to watch games of the past, the sides that played well will get the most views and memories.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18
Goke7:

Na that long term plan super eagles Dey so o so tey we wan wait make one coach finish serving ban before returning to coach the national team e no go better for that long term plan
i swear 🤣🤣🤣 e no go better for longterm plan…that blue man is just trying to “Guardiolize” our mindset as Nigerians….i never see the long term plan Nigeria will go into that wil make us equate germany,brazil or spain…stop the self deception
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:33pm On Jun 18
TheGoodJoe:

Why do you know more about the Netherlands 74 side than Italy side that won in 82. That lies your answer. You are not in both countries but you know more about one than the other.
I know them because I like history. And I can say that I even know more about the Italian team ( Paulo Rossi and Tardelli ) especially in the way they played Brazil in the quarter final and the final against West Germany.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:34pm On Jun 18
Mujtahida:

Have you watched that Dutch team of 74? You go laugh tire. Once the ball is played, all the players will swarm around the ball. Total football they called it. Very funny style of football but they used to advance then sha even though they didn't win the world cup.

Underachievers is the name of their title at the end of the day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18
Goke7:

If na long term wan make am favor Amunike, i bet you he won't last long to imprint tha style. So what's now the craving? Besides, what else shows we should risk it and trust when that very long term is not something nff would want?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:35pm On Jun 18
Goke7:

The Dutch as a nation will prefer titles to documentaries, that one o am sure of
🤣🤣🤣Which kind wicked short answer be this?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18
i see SA trying to play possession football, but when they meet us they will start to play counter attack.
Nig 0-2 SA in 2017, pure counter attack football them use finish us
Another thing with football is that if there is determination amongst players they will play to equal the strength of their oppressors, imagine spain leading us 1-0 at france 98 but determination brought us back to fight and win…we didn’t dominate them.
Argentina leading us 2-0 in 2017, but determination and die-hard fighting brought us backt to nail them 4-2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:38pm On Jun 18
Majoribanks what’s d update concerning super eagles coach

Most journalists who re close to nff said d technical adviser headline we re reading it’s bobo(dt it is not feasible;dey re too broke to employ one) ,on d other hand,we re reading dt dey might name a new foreign coach dis week?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18
daveP:
If na long term wan make am favor Amunike, i bet you he won't last long to imprint tha style. So what's now the craving? Besides, what else shows we should risk it and trust when that very long term is not something nff would want?

Then we keep on staying the way we are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18
minfelix:

what happen to them in 2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2021,2022,2023…Phcn take them light?
grin They were building again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:42pm On Jun 18
chrisooblog:
Chief who documentary help?

If that's the case there are documentaries about dinosaurs and guess what they are extinct grin

Same with football evolve or die.

Hungary which included the legendary Puskas played sexy football in the 1950s but who remembers them?

Football dominance is like the rise and fall of kingdoms. Even the mighty Roman empire fell. As it is, many commentators say with the rise of the multi polar world, we are in the last days of the American empire.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:44pm On Jun 18
Odunayaw:
It will have been a disaster if you smoked or drink
Haaaa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18
Mujtahida:

Haaaa
This was how I shouted and immediately started to thank God he doesn't indulge in those things. If not, the world would have been upside down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:48pm On Jun 18
Odunayaw:
This was how I shouted and immediately started to thank God he doesn't indulge in those things. If not, the world would have been upside down
He's a wonderful guy. Interesting character
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:52pm On Jun 18
Odunayaw:
If you like reword your questions in Greek.

There's a reason why things like Top 10 goals, Top 10 Fks etc etc have the higher views and comments.

This your imaginary statements na only for your pocket. What a travesty to talk down on a team that got to one Euro final and back to back WC finals in the name of long term. What can be proof of long term than that?

Tufiakwa
Thegoodjoe are you a dictator? How is that your view of the world is the only correct view?

Let the hawk perch, let the eagle also perch. The one who says to the other taaa, let his wings break.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:53pm On Jun 18
Goke7:

Doku grin is on the right path of long term development, he’ll come good with lots of production of documentaries for the future
Wetin be this? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18
HISTORY CAN NEVER REMEMBER WHO DOMINATES
BUT TROPHY GIVES PRIDE TO THE CONQUEROR

i cant even remember france dominated italy in 2006, except i go watch the video again…na who win i dey remember.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:53pm On Jun 18
daveP:

All we need to do is build on our successes not all those mumbo jumbo sexy or penetrating passes football that won’t bring anything but pain like we have now

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:55pm On Jun 18
Odunayaw:
grin They were building again
with that they have rebuilt, they must win another back to back to back trophy oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18
Goke7:

All we need to do is build on our successes not all those mumbo jumbo sexy or penetrating passes football that won’t bring anything but pain like we have now
Eggzaactlyy🔥🔥
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:57pm On Jun 18
daveP:

Coachie, Even Eguavoen na disciplinarian. These guys are having misplaced priorities as a football assoc. But as you said, i no dey the space but how to qualify should be prior. What if none of what they opine works? Is it because of discipline and Mikel we want to risk all of these? All from before?

These guys are Visionless even if they pretend they want to manage funds.
Baba elyte89, where are your badges?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:58pm On Jun 18
minfelix:

they must win all trophy oga, dont limit them semifinal else we will bring morocco into the argument

Morocco used haram football to get to the semi finals of the World Cup, a feat that would be difficult for any African team to beat in the future now that’s a Morocco that has the antecedent of knocking the ball around, but they had to adapt when the occasion demands

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18
" I will rather we miss the world cup than allow what Victor did to stand because IF this situation is not nipped in the bud right now, it will set a wrong precedence in the team that certain players can get away with anything, and one day, someone like Osihmen will slap a Coach - and it will be free for all fight, do you want the Super Eagles to be in the news for such event? na so e take dey start, when misbehavior is overlooked and not punished- it will grow wings until it becomes a normal thing for Coaches to be slapped by players - Victor must be punished

In the last nations cup, Ghanaian fans almost physically attacked the players of the black stars at their hotel entrance, they poured insults on them and mocked them like say tomorrow no dey - they blocked their bus from even leaving the hotel - they blamed key players like Mohammed Kudus, the Ayew Brothers (Dede and Jordan) for the poor showing of the Black Stars, did any of these players swear Ogun for the fans ?

- IF France can do without Kareem Benzema when he was World Player of the Year, definitely Osimhen is not bigger than Nigeria

"In 1989, Some Super Eagles players then did almost what Victor did right now - they talked trash to the press about NFF and demanded for $30,000 to be payed to them upfront before they show up for camp at Algiers’1990 Nations cup

Players like (now Late) Steven Keshi, (now Late) Phillip Osondu, Samson Siasia and co held the nation to ransom and we were all panicking about our nations cup showing - You know what Clemens Westerhoff, our Dutch technical adviser did then ? he expelled all of them from the team - these were Nigeria’s best then - we still came back from that tournament with Silver Medal even though our boys were very inexperienced, they were very hungry for success because they never expected such opportunity.

Westerhoff threw the camp open for whoever wants to play to come play—/ many unknown players came and one of them was a 17 year old Daniel Amokachi from Ranchers Bees of Kaduna, Others were Ben Iroha, Toyin Ayinla, Ayo (Dodo) Ogunlana, Uche Okechukwu, Osita Aniweke, Ajibade Babalade, Moses Kpakor, Friday Elahor, Thompson Oliha, Alloy Agu, Isaac Semitoje, Herbet Anijekwu, Emma Okocha (Jay Jay Okocha’s elder brother) and a few others that became the best Super Eagles of 1994

And when the recalcitrant players like Keshi found out that Nigeria survived without them, they became more commited and issued apology to the team and country and their patriotism spiked. That event taught me a leason that in life, learn to let go for certain things to work out

So Stop displaying fear and weakness by trying to cuddle nonsense - Victor must be punished and if he cant take the punishment let him retire from International football, he is not the first to do so and he wont be the last- the world does not revolve around Osimhen

If my favorite player ever and the deadliest and most lethal finisher in world football history - Marco Van Basten could retire at a very young age of 25 because of Injury and the world of football did not stop, then Osimhen can retire from the super eagles and the world of Nigerian football will continue, talents abound in Nigeria - he will not be missed more than 6 months trust me!!!!"

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18
in our remaining 6 WC matches, since its not a back to back 6 games(we will jus play two in march) omo our guys should smuggle that winning at all cost, in 2006 we needed winning at all cost to close in on Angola and we did justice to that
Alg 2-5 Nig
Nig 5-1 Zim
thats the kinda spirit we need from these guys…Se use vex beat Cameroon 2-0 for Afcon why cant we use vex beat Rwanda and Zimbabwe in the games…

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I said time is the true tell of progress. Not a game or tourney.

Finito.
finito finito yet you no wan stop arguing

Arguing machine 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18
minfelix:
in our remaining 6 WC matches, since its not a back to back 6 games(we will jus play two in march) omo our guys should smuggle that winning at all cost, in 2006 we needed winning at all cost to close in on Angola and we did justice to that
Alg 2-5 Nig
Nig 5-1 Zim
thats the kinda spirit we need from these guys…Se use vex beat Cameroon 2-0 for Afcon why cant we use vex beat Rwanda and Zimbabwe in the games…
Good thoughts bro. The right coach with the right approach what we're hoping for... We undoubtedly have the players to do just that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16365) (16366) (16367) (16368) (16369) (16370) (16371) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.