Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12000413 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16387) (16388) (16389) (16390) (16391) (16392) (16393) ... (16398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:11pm On Jun 26
Two charlesemeka85 enemy 😀😀😀

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:59pm On Jun 26
jihday:
Ronaldo Nazario: "I think I love more tennis now than football. I cannot watch football matches. I think it's too boring."

"I can stay for 5 hours watching tennis."

https://x.com/eurofootcom/status/1805872122885001448?s=46&t=Wic7bZ22o0NPuuEZ-cpktA
Everybody is saying it oo. This is a man that played this game at the highest level as arguably the best forward in history. The other day Ronaldinho was reported as saying the same thing. TheGoodJoe come and answer oo.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 4:04pm On Jun 26
jihday:
Ronaldo Nazario: "I think I love more tennis now than football. I cannot watch football matches. I think it's too boring."

https://x.com/eurofootcom/status/1805872122885001448?s=46&t=Wic7bZ22o0NPuuEZ-cpktA

Modern tactics is truly killing the beauty of the game..but I think his pain is due to the fact that this current Selecao should be the most boring Brazilian team in history.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:36pm On Jun 26
elyte89:
Two charlesemeka85 enemy 😀😀😀
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They don join the same team in Somalia

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26
jihday:

no be lie bro. Football of late is becoming very boring to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 4:56pm On Jun 26
I know Man Utd has a history of being wasteful and bad at transfers but 78 million on top Greenwood, common. cheesy. Even with a lingering cloud hanging over his head, that's a very bad deal.
Philosopher1979:

78 to 85 million plus Mason Greenwood will be good. Greenwood is a top quality player and Napoli will give him a chance to launch his career. With greenwood they will have another quality player either at the quality of or better than osimhen and kvaraschelua.
If I'm napoli I will agree to the deal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:18pm On Jun 26
charlesemeka85:
Could it also be because we are older than most of the players now? Growing up as a passionate fan, I used to look up to their Zidane, Amokachi, Okocha, Bergkamp, Henry, Figo etc. But now that eye with which one looks at older people doing magic is gone!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:23pm On Jun 26
charlesemeka85:
becoming ke? Abi it is already. When we reach the peak, we'll hear new thing. This is why when the Don Carlo era ends, we will talk about him more than when he is here at Madrid currently. All of us that even watched 2022 World Cup are wondering what's this nonsense we're seeing at Euros presently.

You see their Apostle Robben and Woli Ribery for XI and you no go wan watch cos of what those two will do?

You go dey watch rubbish performance and another fans go dey drop something else in Opta Stats Grammar/O++ how the player was exceptional 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:43pm On Jun 26
Mujtahida:

Could it also be because we are older than most of the players now? Growing up as a passionate fan, I used to look up to their Zidane, Amokachi, Okocha, Bergkamp, Henry, Figo etc. But now that eye with which one looks at older people doing magic is gone!
I don’t think so bro. The game hv lost is natural flair and artistry

It’s more robotic and looks more like PlayStation football game to me

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26
charlesemeka85:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALji1CFubZw?si=fFPhlXimeyvwuwrT
Justin Fashanu story is pathetic.I remembered I watched Norwich vs Liverpool then as a kid on a big league soccer TV relayed matches…..highly talented than his brother John Fashanu.He lost it all by suicidal thought and later killed himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26
benji93:
I know Man Utd has a history of being wasteful and bad at transfers but 78 million on top Greenwood, common. cheesy. Even with a lingering cloud hanging over his head, that's a very bad deal.
united won’t make such mistake. Greenwood is a 40m-50m pounds player and top clubs are in for him including juve,atm, Napoli, barca etc. united want to seize the opportunity of his good display last season with Getafe to cash in

The only way united will agree with Napoli’s rumored proposal is only if the Italian side will accept a minimal amount around 10-20m plus osihmen.

Osimhen is highly thought of at United till date but like other interested clubs the only problem is the demands of ADL. Moreover United are likely to sign Zickzee who is cheaper and won’t cost more than 40m pounds as a striking competition to Hoijlund

I think Napoli goofed big time by not allowing Victor to leave last summer when few clubs were willing to pay over 70m as well as offering Osimhen a bigger deal

They should suffer the consequences of their greed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26
Mujtahida:

It is not cuz we are older but football has gone theoretically to the extent that a talented player with great skill will be changed to a very static player.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by toluxe0075: 6:03pm On Jun 26
daveP:
becoming ke? Abi it is already. When we reach the peak, we'll hear new thing. This is why when the Don Carlo era ends, we will talk about him more than when he is here at Madrid currently. All of us that even watched 2022 World Cup are wondering what's this nonsense we're seeing at Euros presently.

You see their Apostle Robben and Woli Ribery for XI and you no go wan watch cos of what those two will do?

You go dey watch rubbish performance and another fans go dey drop something else in Opta Stats Grammar/O++ how the player was exceptional 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Na this one dey vex me pass. Player go play rubbish finish, dem go bring one useless stats wey no go even show for match. Only Messi seem to pull crazy stats and everyone will see the impact of what he does.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 6:03pm On Jun 26
It comes with the territory. They were hoping his stock rises further. To be honest with you, if not that sports business today is not without its emotional component for better and for worse, i would rather we keep him.

Also, every striker that scores goals should be highly thought of by any serious team, whether you would want them in your team is another thing. I am not sure he fits into what Ten Hag is trying to do.
charlesemeka85:
united won’t make such mistake. Greenwood is a 40m-50m pounds player and top clubs have are in for him including juve,atm, Napoli, barca etc and united want to seize the opportunity of his display last season with Getafe to cash in

The only way united will agree with Napoli’s rumored proposal is only if the Italian side will accept a minimal amount around 10-20m plus osihmen.

Osimhen is highly thought of in United till date but like other interested clubs the only problem is the demands of ADL. Moreover United are likely to sign Zickzee who is cheaper and won’t cost more than 40m pounds as a striking competition to Hoijlund

I think Napoli goofed big time by not allowing Victor to leave last summer when few clubs were willing to pay over 70m as well as offering Osimhen a bigger deal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by theStirling: 6:06pm On Jun 26
charlesemeka85:
united won’t make such mistake. Greenwood is a 40m-50m pounds player and top clubs are in for him including juve,atm, Napoli, barca etc. united want to seize the opportunity of his good display last season with Getafe to cash in

Osimhen is highly thought of in United till date but like other interested clubs the only problem is the demands of ADL. Moreover United are likely to sign Zickzee who is cheaper and won’t cost more than 40m pounds as a striking competition to Hoijlund

Napoli is not being greedy
If people like Enzo Fernandez, Moises Caicedo, Antony and Mudryk are sold for those kind of transfer fee then Osimhen is worth every penny ADL wants

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:18pm On Jun 26
🇳🇬 Antonio Conte on Victor Osimhen: “I’m aware of his situation, I know there’s an agreement with the club so it’s a different case compared to others”.

“There’s a pact between Victor and Napoli on his future and I accepted that”.

↪️ Osimhen, expected to leave this summer.

#FabrizioRomano

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:20pm On Jun 26
toluxe0075:

Na this one dey vex me pass. Player go play rubbish finish, dem go bring one useless stats wey no go even show for match. Only Messi seem to pull crazy stats and everyone will see the impact of what he does.

Na that same stat wey mk dem dey argue say De Bruyne is better than Zizou

De Bruyne wey be low budget Frank Lampard 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:20pm On Jun 26
theStirling:
Napoli is not being greedy
If people like Enzo Fernandez, Moises Caicedo, Antony and Mudryk are sold for those kind of transfer fee then Osimhen is worth every penny ADL wants
ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26
benji93:
It comes with the territory. They were hoping his stock rises further. To be honest with you, if not that sports business today is not without its emotional component for better and for worse, i would rather we keep him.

Also, every striker that scores goals should be highly thought of by any serious team, whether you would want them in your team is another thing. I am not sure he fits into what Ten Hag is trying to do.
Osimhen hv always been desired by Man United but the only issue is the amount Napoli wants

Osimhen and Harry Kane were United’s main targets last summer but couldn’t afford to spend the amount spurs and Napoli were asking of
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:35pm On Jun 26
Kog45:
Justin Fashanu story is pathetic.I remembered I watched Norwich vs Liverpool then as a kid on a big league soccer TV relayed matches…..highly talented than his brother John Fashanu.He lost it all by suicidal thought and later killed himself

Justin Fashau was a very talented footballer but was sexually abused by his foster parent's.

This traumatic debasement of his person resulted in multifaceted personality issues. He then got involved with homosexuality and was accused of rape by a 17 year old boy in the USA.

He committed suicide before the matter got to court.

Very tragic

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26
toluxe0075:

Foden play rubbish and someone is saying he had 4 shots the most of any player on the pitch 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Na why i believe Lamine will take podium for individual awards if they reach final. You can see what that kid does and the stats follow it. Same for Olmo. But noise no dey around them.

I saw the Goals and Assists table and i laugh.

But nothing go make me choose Euros over Afcon and Copa America on the Entertainment Metric.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:02pm On Jun 26
daveP:

grin No tell me say that O++ na blood group you mean o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26
daveP:

Foden play rubbish and someone is saying he had 4 shots the most of any player on the pitch 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Na why i believe Lamine will take podium for individual awards if they reach final. You can see what that kid does and the stats follow it. Same for Olmo. But noise no dey around them.

But nothing go make me choose Euros over Afcon and Copa America on the Entertainment Metric.
copa america na wrestling dem dey wrestle say na ball dem dey play

Afcon remains the best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26
Odunayaw:
grin No tell me say that O++ na blood group you mean o

🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:20pm On Jun 26
Kog45:
It is not cuz we are older but football has gone theoretically to the extent that a talented player with great skill will be changed to a very static player.
football now is more of pace, physicality and positional play

Individual skills and brilliance hv been taken off the game which makes it boring

Also players are scared of losing the ball in this era, the reason you don’t see much adventurous long/short passes and runs anymore
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:27pm On Jun 26
komekn:

Justin Fashau was a very talented footballer but was sexually abused by his foster parent's.

This traumatic debasement of his person resulted in multifaceted personality issues. He then got involved with homosexuality and was accused of rape by a 17 year old boy in the USA.

He committed suicide before the matter got to court.

Very tragic
watched the full story of Justin few hours ago on YouTube and tears almost rolled down frm my eyes

Knew abt him a long time ago but didn’t really hv full details of his playing days and the problems he faced that resulted to his untimely death

May he continue to rest in peace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:30pm On Jun 26
daveP:

that Lamine kid is one hell of a baller and a future balon d’or winner if he remains consistent

Another is Inaki Williams younger brother. Superb talent and more explosive but erratic sometimes.

The current La Roja coach is good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:33pm On Jun 26
England is the most disappointing team in this Euro. I fell asleep couple of times yesterday while watching their game against Slovakia 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:46pm On Jun 26
looku enjoying his holiday quietly while osimhen dey Lagos dey form “na we get Lagos” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 7:58pm On Jun 26
charlesemeka85:

Osimhen is highly thought of at United till date but like other interested clubs the only problem is the demands of ADL. Moreover United are likely to sign Zickzee who is cheaper and won’t cost more than 40m pounds as a striking competition to Hoijlund

I believe that, if he can remain fit and check his bad emotional attitudes, he is capable of scoring 30+ again. Remember, he scored 17 goals last season despite missing 3 months of matches.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:04pm On Jun 26
charlesemeka85:
I don’t think so bro. The game hv lost is natural flair and artistry

It’s more robotic and looks more like PlayStation football game to me
That's what the street is saying. Something has to be done. The game is losing it's appeal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16387) (16388) (16389) (16390) (16391) (16392) (16393) ... (16398) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shynaboy1, elyte89, RichardKajola(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.