Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,104 members, 7,896,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12130380 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16448) (16449) (16450) (16451) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:55pm
zicky:
Elder goodjoe you just in your usual manner dancing around like an Ekpo masquerade. Few pages back you wanted Majtahida to answer your question but now you are avoiding this one, #hypocrisy

I have answered. Better is subjective to views. The question is also devoid of the point. The point is accepting a system is superior by parking bus against it and trying to downplay it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:56pm
Amedino99:
what's the use of their tactical astuteness if they can't beat him?

We beat Ancelotti last two seasons, knocked them out of the Champions League and beat them 4-0 in a game. So I wonder where you got can't beat him. Real Madrid won by penalties, that is not equivalent to beating.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:10pm
Xavi grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 5:37pm
TheGoodJoe:

Ancelotti is not a parked bus coach, so your analogy is flawed. Park bus is not style but an accept that you are going against a better opponent.

Who made the rule that "defensive low block" and counter attacking derogatorily referred to as "park the bus" is not a style of play/tactics?

Who made the rule/law? You? Guardiola?
What substantiates this your assertion?
Some of us enjoy the style... We Chelsea fans of old, does that make us less of football fans?

Baba just rest, nor be everybody go embrace tikitaka or whatever robotic style Guardiola and his goons love.... This (tikitaka) too shall pass.

On a serious note; I'm beginning to suspect Komekn has hacked your account... Because the way you take dey argue certain positions these days is unlike you... Just shifting goal post everywhere
Someone should please check on this baba

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 6:02pm
TheGoodJoe:

We beat Ancelotti last two seasons, knocked them out of the Champions League and beat them 4-0 in a game. So I wonder where you got can't beat him. Real Madrid won by penalties, that is not equivalent to beating.
why did you stop at 2 seasons ago? What about what happened 3 seasons ago in the semi final?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:07pm
Kog45:
Oya tell us with this stats how Real Madrid park the bus cuz a 5 times champion league coach lack tactics to beat special made Pep who spent billions for him to win champions league after 12 years since he left Barcelona….3 years in Bayern he failed and took him years to win it for man city but here you are talking about parking bus.
This version of TheGoodJoe no get talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:21pm
kennysville:
My advice to TheGoodJoe is to choose his arguments wisely. Being right and doing the right thing are 2 different things. When I read your arguments in here it kinda makes one want to question what happened to the original GoodJoe?

If I am to go by your line of arguments regarding parking of bus, I'd say same can be said of Man City that they always play tiki taka that's why they win most of their games. One could argue also that if they played park the bus system, they would also lose their games.... Gerrit bruh?

Having said that, I will agree with Kog45 that Carlo Ancelotti won because he had a better tactic. The reason a snake charmer can handle snakes is because they have anti venom. If not ... na die
We need our old version of TheGoodJoe back.

This intensity modern version of TheGoodJoe is always off the mark.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:43pm
TheGoodJoe:

You have known me for years. I am not one to tune to popularity terms. My point have never changed.

From Di Matteo, Mourinho, Rohr, Peseiro etc. When you are parking bus against a team, you do it most times because yiu feel they are better than you and that is your only option to HOPE to win.

My stand has not changed for years.

Park Bus can win games against better side but can not make you play better than a better side.

Ancelotti chose to park bus because he was up against a better side. Leave win or lose. The point he was up against a better side.

So talking against over information given to forwards as if it is bad is hypocritical when he parked bus against a better side that came from it.

Finito.
What is the ultimate purpose of this game?

For me is to win championships or tournaments like WC,CL,EURO,AFCON etc. as many as u can.
And to achieve any of these,u need to win games, and to win games,u need a strategy or tactics that works for u.
What makes your strategy superior is the results.

Ancelotti has achieved his ultimate goal.
All other things like who played better does not matter when the ultimate purpose have been achieved.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:07pm
TheGoodJoe:

Also, I have never been a popular choice. It is just that a lot of times I am proven right. I have been attacked for believing Guardiola will succeed in the EPL. I have been attacked for saying Mikel was a high grade player. I have been attacked for saying Mourinho was sliding down the coaching ladder.

Just with time, I get proven right and people quietly note that I was right.
Yeah you are always right. Good job sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16448) (16449) (16450) (16451) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), ThanosKilla(m), Posh(m), opes and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.