Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,716 members, 7,941,731 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12379556 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16594) (16595) (16596) (16597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:49am
elunico:

He has no other option than to make use of when he has, that's the best we can currently offer.

I remember our match against Ghana;

No Ndidi,
No Iwobi
Onyeka injured
Bonke injured, Partey had a field day, (no pun intended)

Uzoho, that tonzo let in a cheap goal.

This squad is a good enough squad to win those matches.

Yes, he can make something good with the current squad.

My main concern is how he intends to win with what he has.
Is Eguavoen really a tactician? Football played these days is more about tactics.

Is Eguavoen daring? Is Eguavoen willing to take risks and make a name for himself, or is playing safe his uttermost concern.

I hope Eguavoen has improved.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 8:49am
Possible XI against Benin Republic

Nwabali

Aina
Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey

Ndidi
Onyeka
Iwobi

Simon
Osimhen
Lookman

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:02am
SamueItem337:

Nwabali

Aina
Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey

Ndidi
Onyeka
Iwobi

Simon
Osimhen
Lookman

This combo can wreck Benin

The last time AE played Lookman then he just switched to Nigeria

Now him and oshimen have fully mature

For Simon he seems to be one of AE favourites.

Ndidi will surely start but with Onyeka in the middle I am sure we are is safe

Iwobi will have the license to join the attack.

AE is sure a good coach he just need to take time study modern tactics and understand how to make outstanding subs. His problem is once u score him first he barely can equalise

To digress a little for alhassan despite his move to the US I will implore the coach to keep calling him up. Dude wil excel in the US and trust me he still have alot to give to football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:07am
Starboytwo:
no no, he is our coach respect him... What will happen is, he will jubilate when osimhen score.

Im damn sure he is scoring a couple this weekend. He needs to pepper some people.

Oshimen will score a couple of goals if iwobi is really allowed to join the attack and not sit deep

Ndidi and Onyeka can do that by shielding the defense.

We pray for luck too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 10:42am
Bannedlargejr:
I just saw a report on tundeednut page regarding osimehn and napoli. He claimed that Napoli betrayed him because they turned down an offer from psg this summer 2024 for 120 Million. If that’s true, my apologies to osimehn and his defenders. It’s diabolical to turn down an offer of 110 million from psg after having a gentleman agreement. ADL and Napoli betrayed osimehn based on the report on tundeednut page
Nice one bro. You are a man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 11:02am
AfCON Qualifier
Ghana stunned by Angola at thier fortress Baba Yara stadium:

Ghana 0-1 Angola

In front of a packed Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi, Ghana’s Black Stars kicked off their AFCON 2025 qualifying campaign with a disappointing 1-0 defeat against Angola. The match was seen as an opportunity for redemption for Lawrence Ati-Zigi and his teammates after their early exit from the last AFCON tournament.

Despite fielding an attacking line-up featuring Thomas Partey, Mohammed Kudus, Jordan Ayew, and Abdul Fatawu Issahaku, Ghana failed to find the back of the net. Angola’s Palancas Negras stunned the hosts deep into stoppage time when Felicio Milson struck to seal a shock victory.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:05am
dymusty86:
Nice one bro. You are a man
give him time, he will go back to his normal mode

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ekehopp2: 11:07am
SamueItem337:

Nwabali

Aina
Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey

Ndidi
Onyeka
Iwobi

Simon
Osimhen
Lookman

Osimhen shouldn't start tomorrow, he should come from the bench.
He was late. Not to mention the Finidi thing. Which he still hasn't publicly apologized for.
Starting him would set a bad precedent, and would further undermine our local Coaches.
There are 23 players in camp, no one is indispensable.
Eguavoen should show so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:25am
ekehopp2:

Osimhen shouldn't start tomorrow, he should come from the bench.
He was late. Not to mention the Finidi thing. Which he still hasn't publicly apologized for.
Starting him would set a bad precedent, and would further undermine our local Coaches.
There are 23 players in camp, no one is indispensable.
Eguavoen should show so.

I will bend if eguavoen bench osimhen tomorrow ..someone dts desperate to win both matches so dt nff can change deir mind and retain him and his crew .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:33am
🇬🇭 Mohammed Kudus shirt after in their AFCON qualifiers game vs Angola yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:48am
Pidginwhisper:
If fidelis like make he swell, last last he go burst. Osimhen no send am.
🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 11:49am
SamueItem337:

Nwabali

Aina
Ajayi
Ekong
Bassey

Ndidi
Onyeka
Iwobi

Simon
Osimhen
Lookman

Either onyedika or dele-bashiru needs to start in that midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:50am
TheSuperNerd

What is your take on this?

As for me, I feel it is fantastic development of the game.

https://x.com/garyalsmith/status/1831658555998396507?t=MY-aEJrvuXN5jYo_-ALRAw&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 11:52am
charlesemeka85:
🇬🇭 Mohammed Kudus shirt after in their AFCON qualifiers game vs Angola yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How this one take happen? 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 11:54am
charlesemeka85:

Angola Coach is a good tactician. He won the game from the bench. Ghana big challenge now is Sudan under Kwesi Appiah, A Ghanaian and former Black Stars coach who is doing very well with Sudan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:54am
charlesemeka85:

won ti so eleyi di werey🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:58am
Gernot rohr is not coming to play us tomorrow, baba is coming to park a very heavy bus and catch us on counter…na steve mounie he go plant for that front hoping for a counter
Those people that love dominating/possession football, watch as super eagles will play huge domination tomorrow, make we sha use am score like 2-3goals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 12:04pm
Afcon 2021 led by Eguavoen
Nigeria vs Egypt
Nigeria vs Guinea Bissau
Nigeria vs Sudan
these games were a joy to watch…High pressing, dominating every corner of the field until one devil used okoye as tool passing through Tunisia to silenced us🥺... Eguavoen is a decent coach
Even against Ghana away (penalty awarded to Nigeria and later ruled out) and Home in Abuja, where Osimhen was doing sweet sweet 😀acrobatics up and down and even scoring a disallowed goal(ruled out for offside)….9ja pressed Ghana hard but devil decide to use Uzoho as tool to spoil our garri🥺

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06pm
From the Dutch to the Barca days under Cruyff and now to Pep Barca and perfected at City under Pep again. This style has come to stay.

But seeing these little lads knock this leather even better than our own Super Eagles (as seen vs Benin last time out) is absolutely jaw dropping. Passing sequence and switch of plays from right to left and back to right that led to a goal. Beautiful!

TheGoodJoe:
TheSuperNerd

What is your take on this?

As for me, I feel it is fantastic development of the game.

https://x.com/garyalsmith/status/1831658555998396507?t=MY-aEJrvuXN5jYo_-ALRAw&s=19

(1) (2) (3) ... (16594) (16595) (16596) (16597) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lawag3, Goke7, elyte89, Elnino9(m), Philosopher1979 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.