Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,096 members, 7,973,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12572067 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16637) (16638) (16639) (16640) (16641) (16642) (16643) ... (16785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:59pm On Sep 10
ChrisKels:

Choi! Emmyboy dun cash out.

Forgiveness come and see your mate. Leave tribalisimo alone, you no gree.
Bia enyi a I no be boy again

I be married man now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 1:00pm On Sep 10
Don't yet know if DStv will air the match
But start times..

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aicon4s: 1:01pm On Sep 10
ChrisKels:

Choi! Emmyboy dun cash out.

Forgiveness come and see your mate. Leave tribalisimo alone, you no gree.

grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lelion: 1:01pm On Sep 10
God bless you.

AndSunGorilla:

Na man u be!!!!!!! Talk and do!!!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10
stick with your winning formation and starting Line up🔥
Leggoo for the kill

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10
Tessyy1701:

08076551049 glo
done 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:03pm On Sep 10
aicon4s:

There is no tactics here, Eguavoen just wants to prove one yeye point that he is in charge. Osimhen's absence really affected our 2026 WCQ games. Victor Boniface has been given enough time but is still yet to impress. Osimhen's ability to press and disorganize defences is so priceless. His physical presence alone is a problem to the defence. I hope we will not be chasing the game before Eguavoen will be thinking of bringing in Osimhen.

easy man, if osihmen starts firing blanks, we will still complain, let's not forget he also wasted two chances in the last game. For now, until he's back to full fitness, he should come in as a substitute after reading the game. It's also an advantage when the opposition is tiring out and he comes in to push them to the edge.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:04pm On Sep 10
minfelix:
stick with your winning 🔥
Leggoo for kill

not happy not seeing Iwobi, is he injured? I thought he did well in the last game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 1:05pm On Sep 10
Drop predictions guys,..
For me..
Rwanda 0
Eagles 2
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SamueItem337(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10
lbrichman2:
Drop predictions guys,..
For me..
Rwanda 0
Eagles 2
Rwanda 0 - 6 Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 1:07pm On Sep 10
Boniface is always looking overweight to me... Maybe na my eyes sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by RealityKings: 1:07pm On Sep 10
lelion:
I appreciate sir.

Weldone sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10
TheGoodJoe:

Augustine Eguavoen relies a lot on long balls from deep and that is why he keeps picking Victor Boniface.

Keep in mind, they have not trained long enough to refine tactics. Maybe with time AE will adopt a smoother transition pattern and it might favor Osimhen. Let us be patient if he starts Boniface but Osimhen remains my pick.

There is absolutely no tactics that will favour Boniface over Osimhen. I hope AE won't regret this decision by bringing in Osimhen when we are chasing the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 1:08pm On Sep 10
SamueItem337:
Rwanda 0 - 6 Nigeria

E no too much?😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aicon4s: 1:08pm On Sep 10
Goke7:

easy man, if osihmen starts firing blanks, we will still complain, let's not forget he also wasted two chances in the last game. For now, until he's back to full fitness, he should come in as a substitute after reading the game. It's also an advantage when the opposition is tiring out and he comes in to push them to the edge.

Did he show signs of lack of match fitness in our last game? I agree Osimhen misses chances but Boniface hardly gets into the game not to talk of missing chances. I criticise Osimhen majorly due to inability to time his runs and missed chances but I will take that ahead of a Boniface that you will hardly identify on the pitch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aicon4s: 1:09pm On Sep 10
DrKlever:

There is absolutely no tactics that will favour Boniface over Osimhen. I hope AE won't regret this decision by bringing in Osimhen when we are chasing the game.

You get it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mekabuachi(f): 1:09pm On Sep 10
Make una allow coach to do e work... Chasing game, this one that one calm down... Even if they draw the coach should be retained...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ouzo1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10
aicon4s:

I don't think so. The team is not that bad just that we have not been able to get full value from them.

Dey reason u feel dis guys re good is because African football is dying o...na average players full SE e.g dat Ajayi nigga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 1:10pm On Sep 10
SamueItem337:
Rwanda 0 - 6 Nigeria

Omo!!!!
🔥 🔥 🔥

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aicon4s: 1:11pm On Sep 10
mekabuachi:
Make una allow coach to do e work... Chasing game, this one that one calm down... Even if they draw the coach should be retained...

Even if Eguavoen qualifies the team to the AFCON and World Cup, unbeaten, he will still not lead the team to the AFCON let alone the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 1:11pm On Sep 10
DrKlever:

Chill Dr
Nothing is getting past our defence today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ouzo1(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10
do4luv14:

Boss sufre sufre ooo 😁😁😁🚶🚶🚶🚶
I know wetin I dey talk cuz I don settle watch dis guys Wella.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 1:12pm On Sep 10
mekabuachi:

E no too much?😂😂

You dey help Rwanda beg??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:13pm On Sep 10
DABIGATRAN:
It's not about Boniface, it's about the team. The boys won the game as a team. Boniface might not have scored but he played his part. Let's give him time to adapt to the setting here.

Again I think he needs more game time to build his confidence. I would like to see him as one of the two support strikers behind Osimhen.
He is very creative and not typically a centre-forward.

Regarding his social media activities, no law bars him from being a footballer and a comedian at the same time. People do a lot of things to ease stress and he seems to be active on social media. So far, he is a disciplined and committed boy and he is popular among the fans. Let's not make strict laws about these things.

It's an unwritten law that someone who aspires to be better doesn't make a fool of himself on social media

It's that simple

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10
charlesemeka85:
🟠 Victor Moses has signed in as new Luton Town player on free transfer, deal sealed.

The guy is age mates with Salah and Mane..he made poor decisions to leave/retire from the national team, another poor decisions was to join Russian league (although no one forsaw the Russian-Ukraine war) And now when he ought to be playing chilling and flexing football like Mane in Saudi Arabia or at least become a legend like Salah in Liverpool. He has once again found himself in Luton, who, though still early to say, will likely not return to the EPL. And again he has chosen a very difficult league which is the Championship league for himself. No connection or offer in Spain and Italy where he once played for Inter Milan? Anyways we can only wish him all the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 1:14pm On Sep 10
charlesemeka85:
done 😊

Received boss.

Thank you boss... GGMU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10
charlesemeka85:
Water find em level ke? No nah, Moses in prime played for big teams so na retirement benefit him dey hustle now

He had an illustrious career and won trophies with the likes of Inter,Chelsea, Spartak Moscow and the Nigerian national team. Also featured in 2 fifa World Cup and Afcon

Baba had a good career abeg

Another angle to look at success
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:16pm On Sep 10
aicon4s:

Did he show signs of lack of match fitness in our last game? I agree Osimhen misses chances but Boniface hardly gets into the game not to talk of missing chances. I criticise Osimhen majorly due to inability to time his runs and missed chances but I will take that ahead of a Boniface that you will hardly identify on the pitch.

don't you think if we rely too much on osihmen to win our games, that makes it harder for us if he's not available or coming to the party in any game he features in?

And Point of correction, Boniface was highly visible in our last game, he was just firing blanks. Just chill abeg, osihmen will play this game.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 1:18pm On Sep 10
Humility33
Please I’ll need link for today’s game o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10
lbrichman2:

You dey help Rwanda beg??
🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10
charlesemeka85:
Wow!! I thank all that deemed me worthy enough to emerge with the highest number of votes.

Let’s continue to support our national teams (Nigerian football in general) and players making us proud all over the world

A big shout out to the organizers and sponsors of this award, you guys did a great job 🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

Here is my bank account details: Okwu Charles Emeka 2000028219 Kuda

Money for fuel don sure today 🤣🤣😊😊

At least nobody go use am yab you say you dey beg for 2k giveaway for Twitter 😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10
ouzo1:

Dey reason u feel dis guys re good is because African football is dying o...na average players full SE e.g dat Ajayi nigga.
Let African football keep dying so far we keep dominating in Africa thats there cup of tea…
Even when African football was alive no b Nigeria and some selected few nations dey top soccer?
we are not the best team in the world

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16637) (16638) (16639) (16640) (16641) (16642) (16643) ... (16785) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), Bitrusisa(m), Damioduso1, M7even(m), lexyman(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.