Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,692 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12029174 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) ... (16410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
safarigirl:
he's a bloody striker! His work is to score goals, of what use is a striker who doesn't score? His USE is to score, not to defend or create, to SCORE....why you people want to diminsh his efforts is beyond me. You must all be Messi fan boys. CR7 has broken how many goal scoring records and some of you still think he's no different from any other striker

This argument is appalling to read.
I'm surprised how people try to diminish his achievements he even has about 200 assist for Madrid and all he does is score, like scoring goals isn't the main aim of football. I'm no fan of his infact I don't like his perceived arrogance but truth must be told

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
Icon79:
Bingo! As I had said over and over and over again: take away Cristiano's goals, he's useless to any team. Anybody can score goals if you're playing with the likes of Marcelo, Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, Isco, Casemiro, etc. All Cristiano has to do is to play at the shoulder of the last defender and meet the final pass. Does anybody realize that a vast majority of Cristiano's goals these days are mostly tap ins!

And I am not the only one that have said this because even Sergio Ramos once said openly that Cristiano is excused from doing any defensive works because he's expected to score 30 goals per season for Real Madrid.

The real super stars like Messi and Maradona can change the game even without scoring goals. You cannot be the best player in the world if all you do is score goals....there's more to football than goal scoring!

O pari

I understand you. There's this extra invincible something, this quite unnameable stuff that marks out great players which Ronaldo doesn't have. Great striker but no magic in him. But I think the difference in perspective on this issue is informed by how long a person has been a football fan and the players one watched in his formative years as a fan. Go to the youtube videos of players like Van Basten and Baggio and read the comments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kog45:
so u don't need solid defence with Ezenwa in goal?

I w not deceive u i don't rate both,hope Balogun lead defence raise their game and do necessary things as a defender,nothing more

We need a solid defence if either of them starts... But Ezenwa is more calm and more confident in goal than Akpeyi. He is just so unprofessional at times. .
Either way,I'm sure most people will prefer Ezenwa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
Thank you!

The one that bothers me the most is his attitude anytime he doesn't score in a game. I was closely watching him at the end of last Saturday's game against Espanyol, the dude was pissed and that's despite the fact that Real Madrid won the match. His attitude sucks!

O pari

Mickael2:

the thing tire me oo. His teammates will strive to create great chances for him atleast 10times in a match and he puts away 5 and everybody will forget the rest of the players. Hardly can you see another madrid player scoring 30goals a season because all the chances are for Ronaldo to score. Anyways let's stop spamming the thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
Joebie:
NGR VS ZAM: The Similarities in their Road to Russia
Joebie|Nairaland

1. Zambia has scored in every game in the road to Russia.
2. Nigeria has as well.
3. The only thing Zambia has not achieved but Nigeria has is beating Cameroon at home. But that's because that match has not been played.
4. The only thing Nigeria has not achieved but Zambia has is beating Algeria away. But that's because that match has not been played.
5. Zambia and Nigeria's scoreline away to Cameroon is identical. Not only that, Cameroon needed Vincent Abubakar to equalize from the spot on both occasions.
6. Zambia and Nigeria's scoreline at home to Algeria is identical. Not only that, Brian Mwila scored a brace against Algeria, just like Victor Moses scored 2 goals against Algeria. It will also be interesting to note that all the goals scored by Nigeria and Zambia in their Algeria home tie were all scored by players with their shirt name starting with the the letter M. The other scorers being Mikel and Mwepu.
7. Another coincidence as seen in Point 6 above: ALL the goals were scored in similar timeframes, with Algeria's goals (Brahimi and Bentaleb) sandwiched between their opponents 2nd and 3rd goal.

Quite revealing. But 3 and 4 should be done away with since they are in the realm of what is yet to be. Otherwise good job(ie) grin
Joebie:
Joebie|Nairaland

2. Nigeria has as well.
3. The only thing Zambia has not achieved but Nigeria has is beating Cameroon at home. But that's because that match has not been played.
4. The only thing Nigeria has not achieved but Zambia has is beating Algeria away. But that's because that match has not been played.
5. Zambia and Nigeria's scoreline away to Cameroon is identical. Not only that, Cameroon needed Vincent Abubakar to equalize from the spot on both occasions.
6. Zambia and Nigeria's scoreline at home to Algeria is identical. Not only that, Brian Mwila scored a brace against Algeria, just like Victor Moses scored 2 goals against Algeria. It will also be interesting to note that all the goals scored by Nigeria and Zambia in their Algeria home tie were all scored by players with their shirt name starting with the the letter M. The other scorers being Mikel and Mwepu.
7. Another coincidence as seen in Point 6 above: ALL the goals were scored in similar timeframes, with Algeria's goals (Brahimi and Bentaleb) sandwiched between their opponents 2nd and 3rd goal.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
Joebie:
After careful observation, my scoreline prediction:

Nigeria WILL beat Zambia with a two-goal margin: 4-2, 3-1 or 2-0
3-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
The fellow is probably a double ID. It's probably one of those monikers you rub the wrong way, but s/he is too scared to confront you with the real moniker so s/he decides to hide under a pseudonym to get back at you. Don't sweat it, babe.

Just ignore.... grin

O pari

safarigirl:

Cc Seun, semid4lyfe, mynd44, icon4s, joebie, icon79, thegoodjoe

I don't even know this fellow and I have said NOTHING on this thread for ANYONE to come at me like this. But this is how some people come out of nowhere to seek relevance on top my head.

Please, ask this uncle what I said that has him spitting saliva in this manner.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
abeg una dey post so we can run out of this page.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kog45:
so u don't need solid defence with Ezenwa in goal?

I w not deceive u i don't rate both,hope Balogun lead defence raise their game and do necessary things as a defender,nothing more

Both keepers are average but Ezenwa will grab crossess at least. He is also more confident than Akpeyi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
Akpeyi subliminally spreads panic. Fear is poisonous. It affects the team and our collective unconscious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
You nailed it bro. To add anything else would be uncivilized!

O pari

Mujtahida:

I understand you. There's this extra invincible something, this quite unnameable stuff that marks out great players which Ronaldo doesn't have. Great striker but no magic in him. But I think the difference in perspective on this issue is informed by how long a person has been a football fan and the players one watched in his formative years as a fan. Go to the youtube videos of players like Van Basten and Baggio and read the comments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kpom!

O pari

Mujtahida:
Akpeyi subliminally spreads panic. Fear is poisonous. It affects the team and our collective unconscious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
Danielnino00:

We need a solid defence if either of them starts... But Ezenwa is more calm and more confident in goal than Akpeyi. He is just so unprofessional at times. .
Either way,I'm sure most people will prefer Ezenwa
Truly people w prefer Ezenwa but Rohr w decide.

Just relax and enjoy d game,even Ajiboye w handle Zambia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
tbaba1234:

Both keepers are average but Ezenwa will grab crossess at least. He is also more confident than Akpeyi.
Agreed but am OK with d two against Zambia but i wish Ezenwa in goal due to his rating against Cameroon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
Wow. Strange coincidences.

Good one, Joebie!!

O pari

Joebie:
Joebie|Nairaland

2. Nigeria has as well.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
First thought in my mind is that we will line up with the same Cameroon XI but I could also see us lining up like this,

----------------------------------Akpeyi------------------------------------

Shehu----------------Ekong------------Balogun------------U know who

--------------------------Mikel-----------Ndidi-----------------------------

Moses---------------------------Iwobi------------------------------Moses

---------------------------------Ighalo-------------------------------------

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
First thought in my mind is that we will line up with the same Cameroon XI but I could also see us lining up like this,

I think Onazi is integral... His breaking up play was top class against Cameroon

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2017
Safari, you're obviously a CR7's fan. No surprise there, most women are grin

Don't get me wrong, Cristiano is a fantastic player. One of the best strikers ever. But where I get mad is when people try to compare him to the most complete player to ever play the game aka Messi. There's no contest. Cristiano gives you goals, Messi gives you everything!
The only reason why serious people are still making that comparison is because FIFA and UEFA are desperate to make Cristiano the face of football. He's much more marketable than Leo Messi, for obvious reasons:
#1. Pretty boy (now they can sale the game to billions of female fans around the world)
#2. White Euro boy
#3. Speaks good English

The whole FIFA's marketing stunts actually started the time of David Beckham and the real Ronaldo (the Brazilian one). Ronaldo was the best player in the world by far but Beckham was the one getting all the accolades and the marketing deals. Go figure ....

O pari

safarigirl:
he's a bloody striker! His work is to score goals, of what use is a striker who doesn't score? His USE is to score, not to defend or create, to SCORE....why you people want to diminsh his efforts is beyond me. You must all be Messi fan boys. CR7 has broken how many goal scoring records and some of you still think he's no different from any other striker

This argument is appalling to read.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
fellory:
Is this Safarigirl for real?Uncouth,mannerless,troublesome,trucculent,overbea ring and very rude.Is the exhibition of these traits a deliberate attempt at attracting attention to your self.This is probably my 3rd comment on this thread and the other two comments were aimed at addressing this caustic tongue of yours.Are you crazy? Can you behave like someone with some form of home training.Don't let me address your issue on this forum again.Omo ala e leko

Bros, just take it easy on our Safarigirl abeg.

We don't want another fight here. And if you don't like her comments then just ignore and move on.

However, if you love her just toast her straight and stop beating about the bush. Hahaha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kog45:
yea choosing between Akpeyi and Ezenwa get as ebi
Well to me Ezenwa is clearly better. Even in the game against Algeria, you could see Akpeyi lacked the confidence, but l respect your opinion though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
FIXED.....

My preferred line up, but I am sure Rohr would stick with the team that beat Cameroun.

O pari

BascoVanVeli:

----------------------------------EZENWA------------------------------------

Shehu----------------Ekong------------Balogun------------CHIEJIELE (would prefer Aina)

--------------------------ONAZI-----------Ndidi-----------------------------

Moses---------------------------MIKEL------------------------------IWOBI (or ETEBO)

---------------------------------IHEANACHO-------------------------------------
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
safarigirl:

Cc Seun, semid4lyfe, mynd44, icon4s, joebie, icon79, thegoodjoe

I don't even know this fellow and I have said NOTHING on this thread for ANYONE to come at me like this. But this is how some people come out of nowhere to seek relevance on top my head.

Please, ask this uncle what I said that has him spitting saliva in this manner.

He obviously has a crush on you.

Imagine all the 3 times he has commented here are centred at you.

Hahaha.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=Icon79 post=61071048]FIXED.....

My preferred line up, but I am sure Rohr would stick with the team that beat Cameroun.

O pari

Iheanacho is automatically our 2nd choice striker till he defines his own specific role cos he can't displace ighalo, or even a rejuvenated ideye b4 world cup begins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by johnmarcel(m): 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mujtahida:
Buffon nko
my brother i tire oh!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Mikel will definitely play the AM position.

One of Simon and Iwobi will have to start from the bench.

The ........Ndidi........Onazi
.......................Mikel combo seams to be working well. I don't see Rohr changing that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
Those two were just for humor sake -- saving the best for last.
Take note that I did not stress the B coincidence -- the last name of the Algerians that scored against both sides.

"Job(ie)" -- creative you!

Mujtahida:

Quite revealing. But 3 and 4 should be done away with since they are in the realm of what is yet to be. Otherwise good job(ie) grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
Really strange my bro.

Thanks boss

Icon79:
Wow. Strange coincidences.

Good one, Joebie!!

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=elyte89 post=61071215][/quote]
Anthony may even do better than lhenacho. Maybe he is rated lower because he plays in Israel. But l would prefer that Anthony is finally given a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
I said it after the Cameroon game in Uyo that Ezenwa looked like a goalie that can chop 4 goals with a tougher opposition.

Rohr even said Ezenwa is 4th choice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
Just an adjustment of roles for Mikel and Ndidi, and this formation may come better.
As long as Iwobi don't get bullied easily, the Zambian's will find it hard to withstand this attack formation.

modified
haha @ "U know who"

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
Icon4s:
I said it after the Cameroon game in Uyo that Ezenwa looked like a goalie that can chop 4 goals with a tougher opposition.

Rohr even said Ezenwa is 4th choice.
Consider also that two of those goals were penalties. Even Enyeama conceeded 4 against Ghana in 2007.
Ezenwa may be average but Akpeyi is shaky. I saw it in his body language in the Algerian game. Ezenwa is also more reactive to crosses, and the first goal conceeded by Akpeyi in the South African game(a header from a cross) may not have come through with Ezenwa between the sticks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
tbaba1234:

I think Onazi is integral... His breaking up play was top class against Cameroon

I agree with u but his sharpness will also have to be considered. Honestly though I can't see Rohr changing much except maybe Ezenwa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) ... (16410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.